/40kg/ 40k General

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

delete this

This one is actually titled correctly.

>mortars caring about spacing
>Cadia still existing
What is this, an image for 7th?

Why? There's no other thread titled Warhammer 40k General on the front page.

at least this one is labled correct

Old habits die hard.

second for other thread should delete this

first for power level is objectively worse than points in every way

>didnt even label his thread correctly
What a fucking retard, everyone look upon this heretic and learn from his failure.

First for I don't know how the fuck I'm ever going win against Dark Eldar with my Tau

Yes, I'm bringing assloads of Fire Warriors and Hammerheads. Still got half my shit erased on turn one.

The other one is at 700+ replys, autsaging, full of /pol/

Shoot them with your guns.

I hate all of you. Please destroy both this and the other shit thread by autistically arguing about traps, FAQ rules loopholes, points vs power level, and all the other garbage arguments until I wake up again and join a new thread that has been cleansed of the evils and is sanctified with actual discussion of the fucking hobby.

Night faggots.

>first

if you're going to insist on using points for narrative games, at least learn to count correctly.

Oh, the turntables.

Wanna see my PL50 Wu Tang trap list?

move

>front page
>front
Reading comprehension.

What did Dark eldar bring? Missile pods are still good against their raiders.

Did you try shooting them?

Name two.

Fellow Chaos Enthusiasts! Let's discuss 8th ed. tactics, unit tiers and shit like that!

So Terminators... You grab 5 with combi plasmas and you DS them. min distance from enemy models is 9 inches, which is rapid fire range. So you can either get 10 bolter shots + 10 plasma shots at BS 4+, or 10 plasma with BS 3+. And they should stay alive and shoot again next turn. Seems bretty gud to me.

Rhinos: you can load them up with a combi weapon and a havoc launcher and be an annoying, cheap, durable shit, or you could use them as mobile LoS blockers / assault breakers. Hell, you can tie enemy fire support in CC!

Defilers: nearly fucking immortal with good weaponry. Ugly AF model though.

Jugger Lord plus a bunch of spawn seem like an appropriately scary and durable bunch.

Khorne Berzerkers: like basic marines, but SUPER killy in CC. Maybe worth delaying the Rhinos' quest for Annoying Shit Of The Year Award (TM) to deliver these bad boys to the enemy?

Reminder:
WU TANG FAGS BTFO

>Pick two 1000pt armies for a game
>One army has a third more Power than the other despite being the same Points value

Yeah 8th is really more balanced guys.

Let me guess. Scourge spam?

less granularity and the assumption that you'll be taking "average" upgrades = shittier balance
also it opens up some weird list-building problems

>space marines get multiple pages talking about their chapters
>IG get a page of pictures for their regiments
Being a guardsman is suffering.

Can't speak for the others, but I've seen Chaos Terminators dish out some serious damage this edition.

lol you still furious from the last thread that people don't play the way you want

cry about it dummy

If a Ynnari transport is destroyed can the unit inside soulburst?

If a Ynnari unit kills something in combat can it charge into a new combat and fight again?

Can you use words of the phoenix on units without the strength from death special rule? The only requirements for WotP is that it is a Ynnari unit.

Hopefully the full codex will have proper regimental rules. Now we just have to wait a year for them to finish jerking off Primaris Marines.

Hey /40kg/

Can you guys confirmed a couple of things for me just in case I am being incredibly simple?

Apothecaries and Standard bearers (or ancients now) are completely stand alone characters now and take up an elite choice each right?

Land raiders can no longer be dedicated transports for terminators?

>Implying I was in the last thread
>Implying I give a fuck what Americlaps were arguing about overnight

I'm just saying it's dumb.

I'm worried that the community will be split over this and it will be harder to get a game because some retards will insist on the objectively worse power level system.

Any sign of the loyalist FW epub?

Add on to that
>Space Marines insist on codexes for each fucking chapter, because clearly the legions of identical armored bros with slightly different combat tactics each require their own individual book.

Any thoughts on this list? Am I missing something or am I covered for smaller games?

What did you load them up with?

So? The thing about points is they are extremely fast to build. If they absolutely insist on points just toss some shit on the table and go.

Have the full indexes been uploaded yet?

All the dudes from the command squad are standalone now and land raiders can still carry terminators

I think no, it's killed before they'r eon the board

Maybe, you charge mid fight phase, between activations as I understand it so you can if they have not already fought.

Dont know

That shit changes up my list and which units are worth taking so much though, I don't want to have to pack two completely different armies every time I go to the LGS just because there might be someone who refuses to one system or the other.

OP

I think Terminators really like bringing a sorc with warptime, that also lets you do melta terminators, since they can warptime into melta range.

is the user who shared the rules epub around? requesting it again unmodified, please.

Yes to everything. That's why Ynnari are so good

Three ravagers with nine dark lances in total, destroyed a Devilfish (which exploded next to about 8 units of fire warriors, pathfinders, broadsides and my Commander, killed a Hammerhead with the rest. Scourge spam killed half of the other Hammerhead.

Markerlights are straight-up useless. Everything costs like 150pts base (except fire warriors) and we're hitting on 4+. Tau used to be shit at assault, expensive, and good at shooting. Now we're just shit at assault and expensive.

They are both valid systems in the rule book so you don't really have a choice unless you choose to go home.

I plan on useing points but if someone's list is power that's fine.

Also I ment power not points in that other post but you clearly understood.

>playing power
your own fault, really.

>Three ravagers with nine dark lances in total, destroyed a Devilfish (which exploded next to about 8 units of fire warriors, pathfinders, broadsides and my Commander, killed a Hammerhead with the rest.
Reverse fish of fury?
Also you're not that guy who posted that shitty picture of his tau formation all grouped up are you? Because if you deployed like that you deserve to lose. How do you have EIGHT units, a warlord and a tank in exploding range of one vehicle?

Ork Stompa have 3 Supa-rokkits with following profile:
>100'' Heavy D3 S8 AP-2 D6
BUT
>Only one supa-rokkit can be fired by bearer a turn, and each can be fired once per battle.

So I don't roll for that heavy D3 profile anyway, because i can fire only one per turn? What's the point of that profile.
Or it can shoot one and it scores D3 hits with following rolls like in profile?

Drones as ablative wounds are crazy strong though, especially when you are primarily playing suits.

Enemy charges, you tank any scary wounds on drones, then declare Montka and fly away 9" - 18" depending on unit types and shoot.

>Maybe, you charge mid fight phase, between activations as I understand it so you can if they have not already fought.

So the rule says "note this means that a unit may be able to shoot or fight twice in the same turn."

I don't know if charging a new unit forces the fight or not, or if the fight twice only happens if you pick combat phase twice.

Each rokkit is D3 shots.

guardsmen are the real heros of the imperium, be stoic brother, the emperor is with us

Alright lads, post yer hauls from yesterday: won me a sweet lemon russ, some objective markers in a laspack and an art print

You guys get anything good?

No, not yes to everything.

In 8th, you don't get to use soulburst when your transport dies. The unit cannot use abilities when embarked, and they're embarked when it dies (and disembark immediately afterwards).

They can charge again, but they can't fight again if they charge. They can only fight again if they have something else to fight within range.

Pretend the three units under the Super Heavy Detachment is a Thunderhawk (Thunderhawk Cannon, 2x Las, 4x Twin HB, Hellstrike Missiles).

Is there a reason that the imperial FW index isn't anywhere yet?

how completely different could it be. Do you ever build a list for 1k, 1.5k and 2k just in case your opponent has few models than you? Its the same thing.

Also what is the general power level people are playing at? 50 power? 75 power? 100 power?

I can't believe it's been over 24hours since fw leaker user got squatted

Where from?

Also, return of Custodes Deep Strike fucking when

Yeah, nut i meant the full thing, not just the parts with the rules

Sounds like you needed to use cover. That'll help with the ravagers. As for the scourges, you need to remember they have a threat range of 50", assuming lances. You have to orient your army so that you have a decoy unit of some kind for them to waste their d6s on while the rest of your guys catch up.

Also

>which exploded next to about 8 units

Use better spacing. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I know man, those GW assassins got him before he posted the storm eagle :(

Dude go make a list for some point value and compare its cost in power vs points, it's all over the fucking place depending on which units you take. The fact that you can't make a unit cheaper by not taking upgrades is also dumb.
I know power level is supposed to be "easier," but I unironically think points are easier. Take a guy, pay for a guy. Take a gun, pay for a gun.

Actually i think he might have. One second i should have it saved if so.

Power levels are shit but you can't honestly say they're harder than points come on man.

They're like hellfire missiles: they split up into smaller rockets after the initial launch, hence the D3

I am, but I didn't play it like that. I dropped the fortifications so I could bring more dakka. I had the Devilfish blocking the Fire Warriors and Pathfinders from sight, didn't even think about the Explodes possibility until it fucking happened. I such such little space in my deployment zone due to the cover-giving terrian being forwards that the Devilfish just got crammed into the 6" or so that was available.

They really aren't. Drones are a separate unit that can be targeted, any smart player will just kill drones with low strength weaponry and then fire the high-strength high-damage weaponry at the unit you were trying to protect.

What are multilaser good for/against this edition? S6 seems ok but it seems to only wound on 5s against vehicles, still wound on 3s against meq, is heavy 3 so -1 and has no ap. maybe against geq, but so few shots and no ap makes it seem ineffective

Cheers.
With the land raiders it was more about them being dedicated transports and not taking up a heavy support slot. I'm not taking a lot of heavy support usually so it's not a big problem though.

>I am
Why would you admit that? I was joking by comparing you to an obvious autist.

Veeky Forums, I want to start building army for Sisters of Battle.
Is it true that GW will release an army box for Adepta Soritas? should I wait or not?

Nigga, dark lances are AP-4. You'll get 6+ saves against them with tanks.

Are you sure that isn't referring to
>shoot as if it was the shooting phase
>fight as if it were the fight phase

yeah they still count as heavy support but at least they are crazy now

Truly, it is autism to take advantage of your bubble abilities and make them as foolproof as possible.

>Bullet hits a chaos marines pauldron
>"No! Literally the strongest part of my armor!" *dies*

No user, whats 3+4? because thats what save you get

If a transport is destroyed, any units embarked within it immediately disembark (see below) before the transport model is removed, but you must then roll one dice for each model you
just set up on the battlefield. For each roll of 1, a model that disembarked (your choice) is slain.
>immediately disembark (see below) before the transport model is removed,

There's been no credible rumours of one anytime soon. I wouldn't wait.

>He says, after losing half his army to one of his own units.

looks cool m8, do you have those sweet forgeworld scouts to match?

Don't be racist

That craftworld art in the new rulebook is pretty sick.

How is a space marine with a boltgun only 13 points while a Dire Avenger is 17

With cover, numbnuts

I thought there was a teaser video from GW about SOB plastic kit?

thanks for clarification anons!

The Devilfish placement was a mistake. In that picture though, there was nothing that could have exploded. I'll fucking post it again.

Sorry user, for some reason the folder I saved the leaks in is corrupted

There was one about celstine i think for gathering storm. Nothing since then though.

Should add, the Devilfish and Hammerhead placement is variable. What mattered was the gunline.

And on pg 178, Sequencing:

"the play whose turn it is chooses the order"

So the transports gets popped, the player who destroyed it says "ok, so everything that happens when the transport is destroyed gotta happen, do your soulburst first" and since the unit inside hasn't disembarked yet, it can't soulburst.

Only exception is if the transports gets destroyed during your turn, for example if your unit hasn't gotten out of a transport locked in melee.

Shut the fuck up moron

I see the assassins have targeted you as well... this is troubling indeed....*tips helmet*

No, there's been no word at all about plastic sisters. You're better off playing a supported army, because you'll probably be waiting a long time to get plastic sisters, if they ever even happen.