Play a druid who just wants to go home, or failing that make the group HQ look the most flowery as possible

>play a druid who just wants to go home, or failing that make the group HQ look the most flowery as possible
>become de-facto leader of group

>make a LE conjurer old man who just spews lore or grumbles about people obstructing his view

>playing an awakened skeleton eldritch knight who serves no other purpose other than to make bone and grave puns
>become de-facto leader of the group

>mfw

Awaken skeleton eldrich knight. What is the race and class levels for that. It sounds pretty fun. Also:
>play a generic crossbow fighter with a few compelling bonds and an oil problem
>become defacto leader of the group

>Playing with r9k level betas who would rather let others make decisions for them even in a fantasy tabletop setting

Because in small groups humans are still smart enough to not trust anyone who actually wants to be the leader, as they are rarely qualified and even less often noble in spirit.

>play literally anything
>other players are just so stupid and childish even when they think they're the leader of the group I'm the one that has to boss everyone around and tell them what to say and what to do and get the good ideas

>mfw

>fuck this now I only play characters that have a leader-like personality such as officers and gnoll matriarchs

Explain why elections are never won by the one who says he doesn't want to be prez then. You're just pulling that 'wisdom' right outta your ass

> Playing anything I'm familiar with
> Desperately avoid hogging the spotlight for the other less experienced players to shine
It's really hard. I just want to smash my head against the 'let's fucking do it' button at all times. Rewarding though. I've got good peeps to play with.

>Because in small groups
Try uping your reading comprehension and the answer will become clear.

But /r9kpol/ are the ones always dividing everything between alpha, beta and cuck.
The whole alpha/beta started from r9k tier websites as a conspiracy theory that 80% of women only have sex with 20% of the men and these men are the alphas bad boys because women hate nice guys.

>he never elected a class leader
"They're more numerous therefore that makes them stupid" ahaha

The stupid is in everyone

>legit excellent at tactics and strategics and general brain stuff like I have a cunning plan m'lord
>"whaa you hog the spotlight"

>ffs
>sorry that I don't just want to just barge in and roll for attack

No, not really.

People will trust, follow and obey anyone who seems like they know what they're doing, especially in an unfamiliar or dangerous situation. Con artists rely on this fact all the time.

Also lol at picking the one person who doesn't want to be the leader to lead. That's a good way to end up with a confused, annoyed and distracted leader.

>Play a simple utility Wizard whose whole motivation is to retire in luxury
>become de-facto leader of the group

>Make young Son-of-a-Shepherd Water bender who hasn't ever traveled outside of his desert home
>Become de-facto leader of the group

>Make strong silent throwing weapon master who should never have talked except in grunts
>become de-facto leader of the group.

I have the exact same problem. I blame my natural charisma and the gravity well that is my personality. It's been that way for as long as I can remember: I've always pulled different people together, solved problems, got shit done, etc. It's the same no matter what game group I'm in, what character I make, or what system we're running.

It's a blessing and a curse. If really love one day to play a strong, stoic type and let someone else be the leader for a change.

Honestly, I think I'd actually enjoy this. Most of my characters tend to have very clear, achievable goals, so if no-one else is willing to take the reins of the story, I'm ready and willing to do so.

>tfw you're playing a big ass introvert
>tfw she's the only really smart character in the party (and it shows cause half the -players- are dumb)
>tfw you're the brains, therefore the jefe
>tfw you still wanna try to play a shy loner

help

You don't want that. They will screech that you're taking their precious spotlight away, make you out to be the bad guy, and kick you, all the while jerking off.

Story of my life. Projection is a vile thing.

Try to find those smarter types with whom you actually hit off and don't have such a craving for narcissistic supply.

I'd guess this PDF and vanilla eldritch knight fighter

My friend was a wise old scientist, who did most of the talking and planning, before getting shot in the head. Now he plays a super-mutant who's basically retarded. Guess who does the planning and talking?

He tries really bad to play a dumbass, but the rest of the party are as capable as a bundle of carrots.

That's all true though.

Nice. Might play one of those for my next character.

>Play a deranged CN undead explosives expert
>can't even speak properly
>Literally only bothers helping stop the god of destruction because that bitch owes him 99 gold pieces

This wasn't the plan. This was never the plan.

In addition to this, I have an additional group where I tend to end up being the wet blanket just to keep things from going completely off the rails.

>No Elly, we can't just eat all the 'bad men.' That would make things infinitely worse.
>No, we cannot charge a bear the size of a fucking house, you idiot.
>No, the dark elves are not going to follow us on your random crusade. They can barely hold out for themselves. I don't care how convincing you think you are, you're just going to get them mad at us.

Usually they're fine, but one of them like to play really aggro characters and the other likes to play overly serious, emotionally handicapped juggernauts. That leaves me to fill in as the team dad unless I'm feeling like setting everything on fire that day.

This is the same thing except I always become the straight man/conscience of the group

>Make pushy, rude, shithead LE goblin that proclaims himself king of all in the realm and very vocally advocates the destruction of all non monster races
>Entire party pledges fealty and become the leader of the group
>Entire party is non monster races.

Um...

Just don't try to detach your skull.

>play anything
>become the group's clown every time
Why am I such a failure