Why YGO have so many shitty designs? Anyone who played the game for a month knows why these were bullshit. Shadolls...

Why YGO have so many shitty designs? Anyone who played the game for a month knows why these were bullshit. Shadolls, Nekroz, Quliphorts, Performapals and performages, and now Zoodiacs.
But they keep releasing worse and worse archetypes to just limit or ban everything a few months after.

>release powerful archetype
>people buy archetype to compete
>people stop buying archetype
>neuter archetype with banlist and release even more powerful archetype
>people are forced to buy new archetype to compete
Rinse and repeat.

I play for the memes
So the shittier they are, the happier I am
I went to a con this summer and dueled with my blue eyes deck against a yugi cosplayer
shit was cash

YGO peaked in 2005. It was all downhill from there. All this archetype and xyz crap broke the entire game.

still cheaper than magic lmao

Dinomists, Phantasm Spiral, and Dinomashers are still good decks in this meta.

XYZs didn't break the game, Synchros were ten times more busted than XYZs on launch, really even Synchros didn't break the game.
I'd say it was the original lightsworns back near the end of GX, That deck was so much faster than anything else at the time and unlike some older decks it had way more efficient removal and answers than anything else at the time.
Decks after that just kept getting faster and more efficient and the new rules prove they hit the ceiling with it after a decade.

All i want to know is if my pure beast or zombie decks are syill viable

what broke the game was pendulums
"oh you just killed my monsters after a clever play? I'll just bring them all back. And tough luck doing it again because i can do that every turn"

Pendulums sucked though. The only archetype that was busted using them was Qlis in a sea of XYZ spam, and that was only because Towers was broken. Eventually Dracos and Performapals turned out to be good, but Pendulums definitely weren't strong at all.

This is a meme
They arent.

I just went to a regional yesterday with zoo. Played vs 1 true draco, 2 zoo draco, 6 mirrors. It was honestly the most fun I have had in a long time, this format is very skillful. Lost to Jeff and Max reynolds and a friend of mine in the last round because I misplayed, and would have topped if I beat him.

Pendulums never saw competitive play outside of 2 major decks.
I will agree that they weren't needed and we would have been fine with xyzs for another 3 or 4 years.

Oh look, a retard who doesn't know what he's talking about. Pendulums suck, since they're so easy to disrupt. A single Mystical Space Typhoon can stop them from playing.

Invasion of Chaos was the distinct point where the game officially went to shit and could never be recovered. In other words, most people playing now weren't old enough to remember the game when it was originally ruined forever.

That's the one with CED and enabled Yatalock, right?

I let them set up and then
>Drowning Mirror Force

I do perfectly fine with my Phantasm Spirals.
Did Sea Stealth Attack drop yet? I really fucking need that card.

That deck will never top an event, and probably will never even top a regional, it's terrible. It's probably fine if your goal is going 2-2 at locals.

Heat Wave and Skill Drain has won me a few matches, plus that decks' come back ability is amazing.

Over the course of an 8+ round tornament a deck like that will simply lose to itself. There's not even an argument when decks like zoo exist.

Sorry dude its trash.

As a former YGO player I feel like it's cheaper to just buy a Modern deck like Hatebears than it would be to play Yugioh for two years straight

Why are card packs so damn expensive? I went down the card aisle at the store and a pack of 5 - 9 cards were over $4. I was going to play casually but shit.

>every other set a 50-100 dollar chase secret rare comes out that you're almost required to run 3 of.
At least chase mythics normally cap out at 20-30 for their standard life.

Archetypes killed the game.
When are we getting formats?

Also less stressful, the nature of the ban list in yugioh usually targets older cards instead of newer things and reprints of expensive cards mean your decks never hold much value after a couple of years.
In magic as long as you don't play the busted deck of the week you're fine.

>went of a recent tournament with Archfiends for kicks
>everyone and their grandmother is playing Zoodiacs
>tore through three rounds by starting with Skill Drain every game
>lost the fourth round
>Left, knowing that I shut down the hopes of no less than seven metafags by pure luck

I vastly prefer archetypes to 40 card staples.dek or splashable engines so we get decks that run like 3 different splashable engines (HAT)