What do you think of Critical Role Veeky Forums?

What do you think of Critical Role Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8OJDm-BXJD8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Eh.

Kinda fell downhill into mediocrity after Percy arc. Started to feel like if the first season of Power Rangers went on for 17 seasons.

fpbp

Eh.

I like it. I knew a couple of them from games/anime voice acting, which was a neat extra thing, and some of them are good players, like Matt Travis and Sam.

Making the hobby more popular is overall good, despite the normies who will not actually know how to play, because more money flowing in is nice. Plus some of those normies might become actual players eventually.

I don't know what it is, but the constant spamming of this thread has made me hate it.

Yeah, the blatant shilling is pissing me off about this show too.

How about One Shot (and Campaign), and the Adventure Zone?

I've also been listening to System Mastery and it's pretty decent

I-

Wait, is that guy in the middle Chang?

Matt Mercer is a worthless fucking nigger, he is not even close to a good DM, the episodes are either heavily scripted or heavily contrived, the ONLY good quality he has is the timbre of his voice. The combats drag on, there is way too much laughter, they talk over each other constantly and this combined with shitty mics produces a cacophony I term the "Rooster teeth effect" which my friend makes me watch, I only hang out with the cunt because he's suicidal, but he makes me watch gay ass rooster teeth videos and all they do is laugh and interrupt and talk over each other. Crit roll is seven faggots jammed in a room who aren't funny, fucking ugly nu males, pretty sure one is a fuck, though I don't blame him because if the dried out roastie he dates screeched like that every time she got a natural 20, i probably wouldn't give a shit if she fucked other men either. They along with strange things have produced a horde of video game obsessed casuals, as well as bearded hipsters and roasties who are flooding the hobby en masse, and D&D is being dumbed down to accommodate their stupid faggotry. Fortunately d&d is a containment RPG, but wait til crit roll does a spinoff where they play GURPS and next thing you know GURPs 5e will come out and will be a narrative game that encourages you to play a tranny faggot.

Fuck Mercer and fuck critical roll and his natural20 fetish. Fucking faggots. And youre not guiltless either, Veeky Forums, it's your stupid fucking greentexts getting spread around on reddo and tumble that started this nat20 shit shot a completely ruined d&d. Which was shit anyway, but you niggers put the last nail in the coffin. I hope youre proud of yourselves.

Chill and be glad your hobby isn't dying

Its a game, calm down.

I kind of agree with this, minus the unnecessary swearing.

Barely watched any of the episodes, seemed like normie trash that's only popular because of Matt Mercer.

A lot of people have gotten into D&D because of it though, I've even had new players be excited to make their own characters. Can't tell if this is a good or bad thing overall though.

I mostly don't like the "big" productions.
They clutter the screen with webcams, are too heavy on the jokes and the immersion is less than more "amateur" setups. It never feels like it matters what the campaign is and one channel is exchangeable with the other.

As soon as a group gives themselves a dice joke name it turns bad it seems.

He does have a point about the combat, mics and talking over each other. I wish they were more focused and on point with that shit.

I do like it when they have more serious scenes though and Napoleon Dynamite was actually funny no surprise he's an actual fucking comedic actor.

More exposure is good, means people will buy your nerd shit and enough might filter into other, better games that actually deserve the money.

>hobby getting filled with casuals and plebs
>not dying

Pick one.

You sound so bitter but I do agree with your general opinion. I want to fuck Laura Baily though. Overall hopefully some of the people it's bringing into D&D will turn into positive ones.

Obvious reverse b8 designed to draw sympathy for Shitical Role. Try harder, Matt.

Commercializing and mainstreaming nerd culture makes me sick, like the big bang theory, nerds are just suppose to do their thing and not give a fuck about being accepted.

It could be worse. It could be Heroes and Halfwits.

only DnD webshow i like is Acquisitions Inc.

Nice watching non-ugly people playing D&D.

Gets a little shallow and some of the "actors" get on my nerves for stupid decisions (the great splat being a recent one). But Ashley is pure and guest stars are great, such as fucking Napoleon Dynamite with his ducks and optimism.

This.

thanks for the pasta senpai

Napoleon Dynamite becomes a chad that emasculated Travis. I was not expecting this.

Not giving a fuck about something means also not caring when it happens.

This. And even then it's kinda declined in quality over the years (at least in my opinion). Its hard to find anything else that lives up to that standard (and I've been looking around a lot for D&D and Star Wars games).

It's in the same space as Dr. Who, The Walking Dead, and Steven Universe for me. Never seen it, but they way people talk about it and the way the fans act really bugs me.

buzzwords: the post

same autistic dude every thread. every single post includes "friend made me watch"

it's really sad, one of the worst people on this board

It's not always the same person. More than one person hates Critical Roll and the destructive effect it has had on the hobby. By the way: more people in the hobby =/= hobby is better, because hordes of low-quality players creating a new market that dilutes the "real gamers" that actually give a fuck about the game, is how we end up with dumbed down bullshit like D&D 5e. Which is a good game, but it's potential is nixed because it is casual as fuck. You can barely even die.

The same person mentions rooster teeth and 'my friend made me watch it' every single CR thread.
for months now.

fuck off moron

Napoleon puts manlets where they belong.

>Destructive effect

Are you fucking high? It's pumping new blood into the hobby.

Ashley is a pure qt 3.14.

I want to rest my head in her lap as she sings me to sleep...

Only D&D Podcasts/streams I can stand are Acq. Inc. and Dragon Friends.
Probably because I listen to them for entertainment, more so than plot or vicarious gaming.

On a side note, the group I DM for have said they think I run the game better than Mercer. A point I disagree with because I am a terrible DM, but it's always nice to be praised.

Hey, all of those weren't that bad when they started and Steven Universe still feels like it has some overarching story to it.

Agreed. He brings some good things to the franchise like more players = more money and he created some nice home brews but the cancer that floods the system outweighs it by a bit.
You also got me to laugh which is nice.

If you run it better than mercer it means your encounters are better than 1 huge meatpoint monster vs 7 PC blowing their dalies in round 1. I admit my first time running an encounter was just this.

>It's pumping new blood into the hobby
How could you even say this with a straight face.

You haven't been paying attention if you don't think this is true. Critical Role has been responsible for a gigantic spike in public interest in the hobby and brought new players into gaming at a rate we haven't seen in over a decade. You ask any given rando on Roll20 that claims to be a newbie what got them into the hobby, and I've found at least a fourth of those people will mention Matt Mercer.

WotC has native Twitch streaming support built into their online GMing toolkit. That should say all that needs to be said.

This is true, but it's also not an inherently good thing.

Try thrilling intent
youtube.com/watch?v=8OJDm-BXJD8

>came here to post this.
Instead have dwarf fortress picture.

ITT: retards who would rather their hobby stick with old shitty grognards who talk about how they had to travel up a hill in the snow two ways in order to kill a goblin with comprehend languages

Give me a fucking break, the hobby doesn't get worse because people play it differently then you do, you gatekeeping shits. Most of you faggots probably don't even roleplay, you play this shit like its chainmail or some old stupid boring shit like that.

Holy shit.
I actually just came to this thread to post "inb4 roosterteeth poster" but it turns out he is already here.

If anything i approve of these shill threads because i want to see how long it takes for him to get an stroke

>the hobby doesn't get worse because people play it differently then you do
No, MORE people play it in a less-fun, less-flexible and more-simplified way. This causes Wizards to change their game to suit these twats and make it overall worse.
Lucky it's just D&D otherwise we're all fucked.

>He brings some good things to the franchise like more players = more money

Are you a fucking serious? Why does more money matter? Wizards of the Coast has millions and all it does is make them rest on their laurels like a bunch of pussies.

>Wizards of the Coast has millions
Doesn't matter how much they already have.
If they aren't actively earning even more from DnD specifically then you have a problem.

Seeing triggered Grognards like you makes me fuzzy on the inside. God, I just love trivializing your precious, precious serious business tabletop roleplaying game. If only I can see your face as I make you watch how all of my new players (half of which are women) are enjoying themselves in your so called "casual trash" while you're left frothing foam from your mouth, unable to conceive how others might find fun in such a casual, non serious edition of an old and respected game.
Ooooh, if only I can taste your Grog tears as you see my completely new players don't call this "5e" but "DnD" since it's all they know of tabletop games. Yessssss, the sweet, sweet Grog tears as you witness another generation having a great and fun game on an rpg, without knowing it's past and previous editions.
Ah well, just the thought of the tears and suffering this new, casualised edition brings Grognards like you is enough for me. God, how painful must it feel for you when WotC discards the old editions and it's "serious" playerbase like some old garbage while embracing legions of new, casual players with proper hygiene and no autism into it's fold. People will now think of Dungeons and Dragons as what it is now, instead of whatever primitive edition you uncultured neckbeards worship it as.
G-God, the thought of you impotently raging in your own filth as the thing you worship all your life, something that you thought was yours and yours alone in secret, now belonging to everyone.
Like a common whore.
Oh God, it makes me cum.

I don't think you are replying to Grognards. My general experience has been that Grognards are either happy that new people are coming in to the game (remember, we remember when RPGs were really big) or just don't care because we are playing with the same group of people (for the most part) that we have for twenty or so years.

The people you are replying to, in my opinion, are autistic types. Your typical Veeky Forums fringe that spazzs out in every thread. Half the time just to be contrary in order to gain attention.

Probably a bit like yourself now that I think about it.

Oh NO!! The Normies are coming, they will push out the furries and trannies.

Oh wait, that aint so bad.

It would be nice to see the hobby get back in to a more mainstream footing and not just be some sort of safe-basement for the dysfunctional.

/thread

Thinking about D&D was fun, but trying to get the books down well enough to play was tough.

Critical Role showed me you can play fast and loose with some of the rules so long as everyone's having fun.

Now I've got the 5e books and setting up a game with family, so I think they're doing something good.

kinda died after the dragonguy left

I don't follow this much, was he the one that tried to bring an army of dragons to completely bypass another PC's story arc?

yeah, he was retarded as fuck. but after he left it didn't seem like a group of friends having fun, and more a group of dudes pandering.

The Adventure Zone's my favorite just because I love the Mcelroys so much and because their emphasis on narrative/humor above all else makes it "easy" to listen to. I actually really like.

I mostly listen to podcasts while travelling or cleaning or cooking, and with mechanic-heavy podcasts, if I check out for even a second, I'll be lost.

It turned into trash the moment they embraced political correctness.

Despite being pasta this is spot on.

Hello new dungeon