Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Mysterious hinted at nurgle daemon/beast edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

first for shitposting

I can't wait to see that things model.

nth for autistic 14 year olds who can't handle their dudes getting killed.

shitsters of basshole

How do I play craftworld eldar this edition. Everything seems so damn expensive and mediocre

Jokes on him, it's still easily killable

What chapter is that?

>epubs look like shit on PC
>no program at all seems to be able to read them correctly.

Which is strange considering the epub to pdf converter I use converts them all flawlessly.

How the fuck does that work?

Anyone got pics of these highlighted data slates?

2D3 mortal wound a turn isn't that impressive for the price this fucker costs. You're better off with a Leviathan Imho

Greylord Fokkers

That's the best part.

>the year of our lord
>caring about marines

I really hope you are just baiting.

What converter do you use? I despise the epub format and it fucks up on every program I use.

Novamarines?

please post pdfs

So are Iron Hands completely shit now since we no longer have chapter tactics or any characters?

So how long until people abandon ship on this diarrheal shithose of an edition?

>Lord of contagion
>Cataphractii armour
>clearly not waring Cataphractii Armor

Played two games yesterday including one against the resident shitlord daemons player. Annihilated both games, Orks feel invincible in the fight phase right now.

no they're good for enjoying the tears of powergamers

fuck that. you cunts can convert your own.

He is wearing Cataphractii, it just has Indomitus shoulder pads and is mutated from the warp

8th is here to stay
stay mad you piece of shit :^)

No one has Chapter Tactics and the non-Ultramarines Characters aren't that good. Wait for the Codex.

>doesn't have shit
As I figured

does anybody have a scan or photos of the Death Guard booklet that comes with the Dark Imperium box?

Never got why GW never gave iron hands a character. Couldn't they just give us a named techmarine or something?

>calling 8th shit after 7th
Is... this bait?

The launch events were all packed, the pre-orders sold like hotcakes, all the LGS facebook pages are way more active than they've been in years, this edition is already a massive success.

No thanks, I think I'll sit here enjoying good games with actual customization and strategy while you suck down GW's load and beg for more.

>when geedubs steals from blizzard instead of the other way around.

>Always ahd a huge boner for the Leviathan model but was always hesitant to take it given it sucked major ass
>Leviathans are now a solid Heavy Suport choice.

All of my yes

Novamarines.

>and he proceeds to stay mad as fuck
kek

Grand Cultivators.

>butthurt warmahorde fag mad that 8th is going to curbstomp his dying game into the grave

They stole from Endless Space too.
Lets be honest 40k is just a college essay copy pasted with random parts changed so it could pass as OC

They are like their Primarch. Forgotten.

They are cheaper.

Should've picked one up before the edition dropped, now people are going to think you're a WAACfag who only got it for the rules.

Also Lascannons are shit vs infantry and Missile Launchers are versatile. And this is horde edition the hordening.

... they aren't, though.

What did they take from Endless Space?

they cost exactly the same amount lol

ML is outright better most of the time though

I quit playing after 7th came out and came back because of 8th

When will we get rules for looted wagons though?r

are the forgeworld books out? i need rules for tyberos

Feels good man. Mortis flux Levithan is great, I have to test out how the other loadouta fair.
Either way, shitting on horde spammers and making marines arguably one of the best armies in the game is great.
>inb4 poorfags get butthurt about FW

The Horatio

>hordememe
lol so I take it you've never played a game of 8th

They both cost 25 points.
You take missles because of the frag option, you can fire it as d6 S4 ap - shots instead.
Missle Launcher vs. Lascannon
Slightly weaker stats but flexible for fighting hordes vs. superior antitank

In the next Ork Codex if you're lucky.

Hey guys, I'm thinking about building a custodes army for fun and for something new to convert/paint.

Do they only have the one box right now of 5 dudes and the FW stuff? For those of you that have bought the models how do they compare size/scale wise to older 3rd party models like from Scibor?

Lastly, am I total fagot if I build this army? I don't play 40k but of I felt like throwing dice at the LGS will I get shit for it?

epubs work perfect for me with readium.

Forgeworld is banned here so no problems about anyone being butthurt.

I've been thinking along the same lines, missile launchers seem to be better in say 1000 point games and below where you might run out of big shit to shoot so you need to be flexible, but in larger games the lascannon wins out since there will probably be enough vehicles, monsters or characters to blast.

Nah I'm good. I played Orks and CSM for the past 4 editions, no one at my LGS would call me a WAACfag.

Warmahordes is miles better than this shitshow that you autists have suddenly started praising like it was the second fucking coming.

I take it you haven't played or even seen a game of 8th with good players. Tyranids are fucking destroying.

Which is stated in the OP

>hordes
Nice meme, I raise you a levithan.

I take you it you haven't?

How are blood angels this edition?

Considering picking some up with some custodes

Why would you ban some products of 40k? Specially FW that are only expensive and usually just shit.

I love the Horatio but I'm afraid i don't see who is meant to be as glorious as Horatio in 40k.

166pts for 2d3 or 349 for 4d3 (at less range)

lol please link one tournament results list where shitnids won

oh you can't?

that's crazy bro

>LITERALLY ON TARGET
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>banning FW
Found the butthurt poorfag

I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single Riptide is "OP". It's not. They're the Tau's TEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring some Termies or a Land Raider. If they bring multiple and in the Wing, then yes that is pretty cheesy.

Also Kroot are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If Tau auxiliaries had the same love that Genestealers then that would be fine.

A "fun" army to play against is something that tries to bring all the neat units into the battle in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single unit. A good Tau player would know that some well supported fire warrior unit is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti infantry fire power than the other units.

I'm so tired of hearing non Tau players complain about "muh Battlesuits or muh Riptides" They're there in the codex, they have a purpose, just like the FWs.source then any of the battle suits. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other Tau players have to stop using a particular unit. Quit bitching.

But FW is 100% op pay to win, didnt you hear?

I just played two games on Saturday where I literally just brought 120 boys

They were not even close. Opponents tabled or conceded by turn 3

Huh? Where?
Genestealer Cults have been around forever...
Eldar since rogue trader...
Is there some bald/huge head/elegant but alien/ type army I don't know about?

Its been like an entire day, but if that user is still here, here are those storm eagle points you wanted

>166pts for 2d3 or 349 for 4d3 (at less range)

REKT

>game came out yesterday
>he's asking for tournament results
Yeah I'm just gonna stop replying to your b8, good work though

Hey man, no reason we can't enjoy all games and have fun playing with our toy solders

>he's this delusional about the shitshow that is Warmahordes 3e
W E W

Yvraine looks like our glorious Horatio. A clear inferior copy, but enough to insult the beauty that is Horatio.

>game came out yesterday
>claim that tyranid are wrecking everyone
Terrible, take a lap

>If I use le reverse psychology, he'll post them

>mfw someone at my shop pronounces the gene in genestealers like the gene in genetics

Oh man it's so fun to read this again now that Riptides are nerfed and Kroot are actually good.

So how's the Decimator looking this edition? I've always wanted one but they were pretty meh in 7th.

...Jen Stealers?

Well, they will steal your woman.

Which layout best for shitting on hordes?

2 storm cannon arrays for 20 S7 shots?

fucking brutal

>posting a screenshot of the mega link that everyone else has
lol I knew you didn't have shit but you didn't have to go out of your way to prove me right

Thanks! Strike one off the list.

what happened to the game?

People have been playing it for two weeks and the playtesters long before that, there are already dozens of battle reports and streamed games up and Tyranids have lost a grand total of 1 of them that I've seen. There just haven't been tournaments.

Try again.

I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single shitposter is "OP". It's not. They're Veeky Forums's TEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring some tripfags or a cheetahposter. If they bring multiple and in the /b/, then yes that is pretty cheesy.

Also Anonymous posters are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If Veeky Forums had the same love that Genestealers then that would be fine.

A "fun" army to play against is something that tries to bring all the neat units into the battle in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single unit. A good shitposter would know that some well supported copypasta is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti argument fire power than the other pastas.

I'm so tired of hearing non shitposters complain about "muh Reddit or muh Tumblr" They're there on the internet, they have a purpose, just like the FWs.source then any of the janitors. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other shitposters have to stop using a particular pasta. Quit bitching.

There is a box called "Talons of the Emperor" that comes with that box of 5 dudes, a box of sisters of silence, a big tank for your custodes and a custodes dreadnought. If you got that plus another box of five dudes or some of the FW Custodes you would have a nice small little army. I don't think you'd be hated, the fuckers are strong but they do cost lots of points.

You could consider picking up some support pieces like assassins too, but the main problem with Custodes at the moment is they don't have any HQ units so they need a HQ character from another imperial faction. Probably the most sensible HQ choice is an inquisitor, but you could also take a primaris psyker (its got nothing to do with primaris marines its just a regular human psyker) or a space marine or an imperial guard commander of some sort.

>a single riptide is not op
okay
>Our TEQ
But not though...
>Kroot are shit
user why are you telling lies

What the hell is this post? Is it some pasta that I missed?

>posting a screenshot of the mega link
You need to get your eyes checked, those are filenames.

c'mon man, share the Planetary Defense Force treats!

>"tuh-zeentch"

The shokk attack gun is literal garbage now
>average one hit at s6 per turn

fucking why