/40kg/ 40k General

For Vostroya! Edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!5TZzTZJC!f2gNSq_zBvO1hGoMboFMtalYvX38FJPiW9hRp75jH2A
youtube.com/watch?v=9Op5ovJHIE8
belloflostsouls.net/2017/05/40k-8th-qa-part-deux.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is a Warboss in Mega Armor a silly idea?

I plan to run him with the Boyz and he'd be moving an inch slower but the model would look pretty cool.

Second for Slaanesh

So how do my fellow Blood Angel players feel about 8th?

So far I love what they did with Mephiston, the fact his sword just automatically makes him S 10 and he has a 5+ save against mortal wounds is huge. The Sanguinor is not as buffed as I wished him to be but he is certainly much better than he was 7th. It's gonna be a goal for me this year to make a Sangunary Guard themed army with priests and The Sangunor leading the charge.

Death Company is disappointing as it seems they got nerfed pretty hard. 4 attacks on the charge with Black Rage and Chainswords also now a 6+ FNP save. It seems mandatory now to take a Chaplin, or Astorath/Lemartes with them. Also what the fuck happened to Death Company Chaplins?

The Death Company Dreadnoughts are beastly as well as the Furioso, and Furioso Fists are amazing. Baal Predators are awesome now, 12 shots with the Assult Cannon coupled with with 6 shots with the heavy bolters means max Dakka.

Tatical Flammer Squads are pretty meh now though seeing as they cost more. Other wise I think the changes are alright.

>generic gray human clothed doing boring dance
>pleasing Slannesh

Weak bait.

Cool is always greater than function. If you think it will look cool, thats all that matters.

Alright fellow xenos players, what are you hoping for from the forge world index on Friday? Personally I'd like to see the Tantalus be really nasty in close combat to reflect its 7th edition self

Still need a few spots replaced to bring us up to speed for the new edition

Are there pdfs of any of the books other than the Imperial Armor chaos index?

It seems weird to me that that one came first before even the core rulebook.

I know this isn't going to happen, but I want a cool superheavy walker for my necrons so I can play with the knights, wraithknights, and stompas.

R'Varna is Tau's horde pummel-er or some other useful role filler.
Manta and Taunar stats are absurd, I'm not buying either. I just want to admire numbers.

Yes, literally all of them and they are in the leaks mega link.

Unless you are talking about FW indexes. Chaos (and apparently Imperium) has been leaked but that's it.

>literally all of them and they are in the leaks mega link.
The actual pdfs or the leaks that was the store owner photographing each page of his books?

So is the free space supposed to be a trap or something?
I thought traps were supposed to look good.

FORGEWORLD IMPERIUM LEAKS
mega.nz/#!5TZzTZJC!f2gNSq_zBvO1hGoMboFMtalYvX38FJPiW9hRp75jH2A
>FW LEAKS

Gigantic Canoptek spider mech with lasers everywhere when

It's one of the girls in the rulebook that people were raging over for some reason.

I play a psyker army ( Thousand Sons) Smite spam is sweet

Christ our hobby is filled with retards.

I would buy the shit out of that.
It would probably be a bitch to transport, but fuck it.

In matched play you can only cast one of each psyker power per turn.

Just make it like a mecha Trygon. Give is S T 8. 20 wounds. 3 twin gauss flayers. Some kind of mouth mega beam.

Except smite, thats once per psyker

my bad

Same could be said of every hobby.

I'm still waiting for the day smite spam becomes a legitimate thing just so random 40k discussions can be interrupted by someone screaming "SMIIIIITE"

Reposting
Piranhas are 71 PPM with gear
Basically have Assault 12 range 18'' Str 5 AP0
Move 16'' BS4+ T5 W6 Sv4+

Piranhas look like a good source of fast dakka for Tau

No idea what kind of giant mech they'd use, Crons don't seem like the kind to use them since they're already robots.
Then again, Tau are now all wtf I love titans now so who knows

So how's an all Dreadnought list look for 9th edition?

8th I mean

Did Tau really get nerfed hard this edition Veeky Forums? At the 40k meet up today we had a Tau player that kept bitching about how unplayable his faction is now.

It was amusing to watch.

A Riptide now costs ~260 points in matched play

Slow and boring, bring deep strikers like Terminators, units in drop pods or jump pack marines to aid in getting to things that the dreads may not be able to and add more dynamism to your army.

Bike boss with killsaw is cheaper and can zoom around as needed for the aura.

They aren't unplayable, you just can't spam riptides and expect to win anymore.

First game coming up, how's this list?

But what if I don't want any of that pussy shit and just want to run paraplegic grandpa walkers?

>Modeling Disasters
>Picking me out in particular
Feels bad

> no spamming riptides
But that's all I know!

Unless you were posting shitty models back in 6th edition then that doesn't apply to you. The image that that is trying to replace is old as sin.

>Did Tau really get nerfed hard this edition Veeky Forums?

No, every army got toned down in comparison to 7th ed where the power creep got out of control. Respective to that Tau are fine, their focus is now Fire warriors, suits and Broadsides while the Riptide isnt such a big deal anymore and wont carry you to victory.

Tau are fine.

Dreadlets get out.
Chad dreads inbound this fall.

I play Blood Angels and so far I would say not good. Dreadnoughts are powerful for sure but they are also expensive, at least 25-30 point increase to they once were and around 100 points more for special variants (in my case Death Company and Furioso Dreadnoughts are around 100 points more than they once more. Though I digress, stronger.)

Nah, im just self depreciating. Never satisfied with my work.

Riptides are fine, they are in an army that has neither psychic powers nor real CC units. For optimum strength, it's ruleset requires a gamble for Nova reactor, which has a 1/3 chance to wound the unit every single turn. Also requires the use of markerlights to maximize it's average shooting. I've seen a couple of posts of people saying the 'scour' ML option (ignores cover) is 1 marker light. It's actually 2. Twice as hard to pull off as naysayers claim.

In my experiences of playing with Riptides, the Riptide Wing was undoubtedly the poorest showing of the unit. The double attack option doesn't kill as much as you think it should and not moving a turn, to pull it off, can cost you the game. Also, you generally need to balance out every monstrous/gargantuan creature with some decent amounts of MSU units or you will eventually get worn down/shut down in the later parts of the game. Even in an army of giant robots, MSU/copious wounds still matter.

But please, don't just take my word for it. Any time another whiner about Riptides shows up, clear, empirical evidence is usually the best form of persuasion.

So I present to you a Frontline Gaming video, a supposedly "competitive" list of the Riptide Wing and 2 Stormsurges, getting basically TABLED by Space Marines.

youtube.com/watch?v=9Op5ovJHIE8

Are Riptides too strong? Well, the evidence of this video conclusively proves they aren't.

Nerfed but overall status is hard to determine since people have to consider other army compositions they wouldn't have before due to Riptide wings.
Riptide now though hopped from OP straight to bad.
About 350 pts for a 3 shot plasma gun with long range basically.

Anyone able to get those epubs printed? It failes halfway through converting it in Calibre for me

Then acquire dreadnought drop pods.

Ah, it all makes sense now as this fag normally brings 3-4 Riptides for every game he plays.

If he doesn't have the models to make a WAAC 8E Tau list that just means he was a 6E/7E WAAC bandwagoning faggot who only owns Riptides.

Everyone that played Tau from 5E and earlier will have competitive lists.

What if I plan to play open and narrative almost exclusively because the Tau and Eldar WAACfags at my store vowed to never play the "casualfag version"?

You should feel ashamed that looks fucking horrible.

Go for it I guess. I haven't played my Dreads yet but from what I have seen they look buffed with their costs also increased. So maybe they "balanced."

Thats what im trying to say!

Then you will be fine.
If you are playing people you can have a reasonable discussion with, then every army is fine versus every other army

I've been out since early sixth and I was a templar only, footslogging force but from what I've been able to keep up with, 8th basically made it so that Tau actually need to use tactics instead of just spamming 2-3 overpowered units.

I'm also glad that detachments are gone because the idea of getting a couple hundred free points of transports left a bad taste in my mouth.

Well then you are correct. Your stuff looks shit to poor/extremely Mediocre.
I would feel bad about what you are about to do to that forge world model.... then I remember most shit painters just get China Cast anyway.

Don't listen to him user, I like your monolith.

I played a small game with my Deathwatch and absolutely wrecked a helbrute in one round of combat with my dread. It made me want to try an all dread list, plus I have some old eaby dreads that need stripping.

Any thoughts on this list?

If you want, try and build one for a gimmick list you do for fun.

For Vostroya!

Is there a reason GW only does e-books via iTunes?
I'm unlikely to change my phone purely because they only sell their e-books for one platform, so I'm just gonna pirate instead.

So, are Deathstrike Missiles still shit or no?

Not really planning on doing a competitive list with them but figure I may acquire some for a fun, fluffy list.

Yeah they're bad. Arguably even worse than they used to be.

Updated from previous thread, better than other version

I always liked this model. I don't know how I keep forgetting it exists when it looks so cool, but then again I only play attention to marine shit.

>3 sets of 7 Plague Marines

Me and my sets of 9 Rubrics approve of this.

List looks fine and pretty well balanced. You don't have a huge amount of anti vehicle/monster but I think you'll be ok

I've seen/heard some people claim that normal Marines can be "upgraded" to Primaris Marines in lore, but I haven't actually found a source for that beyond some Primaris having service studs (which, considering they've been in action for about a century, doesn't mean much).

Does anyone know where that comes from? I'd like to know because I'd like to fluff my homebrew chapter as going through the modifications to become Primaris, but don't want to actually do it if it's not actually possible.

>We recommend Apple iPads and iPhones for the widest compatibility. Many of our eBooks are also compatible with most Android devices and computers, though you may need to download additional software. Please note that Enhanced Editions are only compatible with Apple devices.

Well shoot.

Thanks for the response.

I remember seeing a blurb about them posted and it sounds like, while they hurt when they hit, they now have a harder time even launching than before.

There is no way they are being serious. Just playing along with my self depreciation.

Oh, whoops.
I was looking at the enhanced edition. Cheers.

It is a blinding nightmare of sadness and difficulty to build. Its fun to use in game but to build it is a horrible experience.

You better not be that faggot who was shitposting by constantly demanding a source for that very same question, then refusing to acknowledge all the sources people provided.

The source is May 18th live chat on GW's official stream.

belloflostsouls.net/2017/05/40k-8th-qa-part-deux.html

GW told us themselves during one of the preview Q&A livestreams.

I personally think its a lot better aside from the flamer cost increase and that heavy flamers are now considered a heavy weapon. The fact that melee is actually a thing this edition really helps since BA are considered a more melee focused army.

Playing IG against Death Guard 1000pts, is it normal to outnumber them by about 2:1? He had about 40 poxwalkers, 7 marines, a hellbrute, a drone, and a few characters. I had close to a full infantry platoon, a command tank, another russ, a basilisk, and vets in a Chimera. Blew him off the board by turn two thanks to decent tank rolls and FRFSRF, now he's saying Nurgle is the worst army in the game. Is Nurgle stuff just overcosted, or are Guard firing lines really good?

Any advice?

I realized I can use the remaining points fro the Sorcerers Combi weapon, and then I was considering reconfiguring so the Rhinos have Meltas but I kinda expect heavy infantry in my area.

No user I really like it! I think it looks much better than the standard black with green-highlights monolith! Don't succumb to despair!

I play grey knights and I think they're legitimately fine against most other armies.

Because you know what? Everybody is going to have issues with green tide

>oh no my OC might not be noticed

Sounds like he took to many Poxwalkers with no substance behind them. Deathguard seem expensive but are generally very tanky

I'd stick with what you have then. May the Great Corrupter bless you with virulent victory.

Yeah it takes ages to fire and then does 5 mortal wounds on average. You have to find ways to buff it and your opponent needs awful positioning.

>Eversor assassins are 70 points
It's time

Chances of this shit getting 40k rules in our lifetime?

I actually really like lemartes and astorath, so i'm fine with a more reasons to run them. Was a bit pained that we can't put death company dreads in drop pods anymore though :(

Never.

Yes, but you should outnumber him by at least 5:1 if you are playing competitively.

>Is Nurgle stuff just overcosted, or are Guard firing lines really good?
Guard are easily the most OP army of 8th. There's obviously a lot of talk about their most broken units, but pretty much everything in their list is OP as fuck.
Units that have been dogshit since 3ed are now rape machines.

>40 poxwalkers and ~12guns
Well your friend sucks at list building but are you sure he brought 1000 pts?

His list sucks. when literally all your frontline gets no saves against a bunch of lasguns and you only have 7 marines its gunna be a bad time. What did he do with the brute and drone?

Guard are really good, Death Guard are fine. He went full meme with pox walkers and expected that to carry him. Probably hide Typhus.

Plague Marines are a really reliable way of having 8 tough as shit expendable wounds between enemy fire and your special weapons that do most of the lifting. Pox walkers wont do it by themselves unless you take 300.

>now he's saying Nurgle is the worst army in the game. Is Nurgle stuff just overcosted, or are Guard firing lines really good?
Guard is the best army in the game, their stuff is just undercosted.

What you'll think to this army it'll be fighting Blood Angels.

Genestealer slut? The hell did I miss being a productive adult?

Just use them as Primaris marines faggot

Some attention whore with a bad dragon dildo or some shit. Don't talk about it. Attention is what they want.

naw, it'd be an EVEN BIGGER centipede. Hopefully actually good for once

Dis bitch.