WIP - Work In Progress General

No WIP thread on Veeky Forums?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!!!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Figure painter magazine issues 1-36
mega.nz/#F!0AIGDAxL!xOT6MK3oiGpBB1pQaNy5lg

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>DIY Wet Palette
youtube.com/watch?v=96mjmqWTPfM

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en route
youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Jh0oO#Zs1UFIm
youtube.com/watch?v=MhvPlzelj9I&t=1m53s
youtube.com/watch?v=tRm1zyfjOMA
youtube.com/watch?v=3__NN16uoXk)
youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE)
youtube.com/watch?v=AGlza-6TwvE)
youtube.com/watch?v=tAPIvkyt3eU
youtube.com/watch?v=MPyDemyjP8E
youtube.com/watch?v=0lm_5NEPV-g
youtube.com/watch?v=5-BWaF1M5ps
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone else feel like putting pure red on the end of fire looks a little... gaudy?
To me it looks silly.

Working on these two large boys. Still a lot of work to do - will be my first time doing proper horns.

Posting my recently finished praetor.

Ever think of, you know, posting a model demonstrating said effect so we can agree or disagree with you?

I want to paint Salamanders but I don't really know what colors I need to buy, preferably not a great deal too many, but I want them to look good.

I'm looking at
>Skavenblight Dinge
For flesh and armor details
>Nuln Oil
Shading the flesh and the armor
>Stormvermin Fur
Highlighting the Skavenblight Dinge parts
>Wild Rider Red
Eyes, fire designs and purity seal wax highlights
>Waaagh! Flesh
Base coat
>Warpstone Green
Armor main color
>Moot Green
Armor highlights
>Mephiston Red
Fire designs, purity seal wax, and eyes
>Fire Dragon Bright
Fire designs
>Yriel Yellow
Fire designs
>Adaddon Black
Shouldpads and backpacks
>Dwarf Bronze
The Aquila and skull details and etc
>Balthasar Gold
Highlights for above
>Gryphonne Sepia
Wash for above
>Agrax Earthshade
Shading things that aren't metallics
>Boltgun Metal
Metal details
>Runefang Steel
Highlighting above
>Babad Black
Shading metal details
>Deneb Stone
Purity seal paper
>Screaming Skull White
Purity seal highlights

Does that look like a good list of colors to buy?
Should I cut any from that list? Like any redundant or unneeded colors or is that a good selection to go with?

Anyone used the death guard green spray? How did it go on? Easy like chaos black or fucky like corax white?

Take me closer! I want to hit them with my sword!

Sorry for the terrabad image

Painted a Fire Warrior for the first time in a few years. Left is circa 2013, right is today.

Four fucking years and you still don't know how to create a properly cropped and sized image.

What's wrong with the image?

Useless reply especially with shit like in the thread

What makes corax fucky? I was gonna buy some to prime my white mould deathguard.

Better?

WHAT IS THIS, AN IMAGE FOR DIAL-UP ANTS?!

I want to wire up an Ork trukk to play some music. How do I accomplish this without burning my local GW and more importantly my trukk down?

Oi, shud be pretty simple. Lemme get roight onnit...

Maybe you'z can spend summa ya teef on a runty speaka wif bluetoof loik pic related? Den play it from ya phone. Maybe it'd fit unda a trukk's bed where all da boys go, but if not, just try attachin' da lot to the bed and coverin' it with spiky bitz and flashy gubbinz!

Jobz a good'un, boss...but wot kinda music you'z thinkin' a playin'?

>I want to wire up an Ork trukk to play some music. How do I accomplish this without burning my local GW and more importantly my trukk down?

1). Hide a small Bluetooth speaker inside it
2). Wirelessly connect your music player to the speaker
3). ROKK!

first model i painted on left versus the latest model on the right. i think i went backwards, or maybe 40k stuff is just more difficult to paint. for the big guy i followed duncan's video on painting the aos starter box khorne guys and the robot dude i just followed the basic paint scheme i found off imgur. imgur.com/a/Jh0oO#Zs1UFIm

youtube.com/watch?v=MhvPlzelj9I&t=1m53s

thanks boyz

Next general should be "RESIZE YOUR PICS" edition.

>not football anthems or constant vuvuzela buzzing
youtube.com/watch?v=tRm1zyfjOMA

Eh, cud be worse!

That's every edition.

Looks good, highlighting on the shoulder panel could be a little less t h i c c though.

Need some help here. Shitty nurgle daemon prince. How do I fix the skin? It looks fucked up with the wings (I thought it'd be more purple). Ignore the red on the skin, I'm fixing that now.

>still posting enormous pictures despite higher up in the thread

Holy shit, you people are doing it on purpose now.

I just got here. Consider us shitty mobile posters

inb4 accusations of samefag and autism

>Jobz a good'un, boss...but wot kinda music you'z thinkin' a playin'?

The Mob Rules? (youtube.com/watch?v=3__NN16uoXk)
Bad Moon Rising? (youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE)
Get Out Of My Way? (youtube.com/watch?v=AGlza-6TwvE)

Better image. What wash should I use here? I'm really bad with large guys like this

you still cant afford 500kb off your kentucky dsl monthly bandwidth tyrone?

>kentucky
>tyrone

Kek'd

Damn Mexicobro, noice.
I'm not a fan of the face, but that's personal preference.

Not him, but we don't have data limits here.

It's not exactly that, but the thing is, it does takes a long time to load, and even if I can zoom.in and out easily on my phone, I know that others on computers have more trouble navigating a picture that takes twice the size of the screen, especially when 70% of that is the background that may or may not be cluttered shit.

Can we get Moot to ban the one fuck that shits up every thread crying about pictures being too big?

Do you fucking want 400x400 pics that you can't see any detail in or something?

The Italian salt image is the most hilarious one.

Try a yellow for a sickly color? Or just go black or green for some shadow

I got that one as well.

Considered. Decided you aren't worth worrying about.

Phoneposters are the bane of Veeky Forums.

I've never seen that one. saved.

>moot
Also
>one fuck
Most people here hate this shit. This is the first time I've ever complained.

Is there even a yellow wash?

Druchi violet

There's a wonderful little website called "Games-Workshop.com" that might be able to help you out!

I'm thinking about kitbashing a model for Miriael Sabathiel. How should I go about doing this? I was thinking about using a sister of silence for the base model, but I'm not sure how to get the other details right (namely the head, tongue, and sword). Pic related is the image I'm using for primary inspiration since I think its her only canon image, but I'm looking at her TTS art for ideas as well.

The TTS art

excellent choice in music

What do you think guys?
1/2

Behold, it is I.
Mini Guilliman

Alongside Lt. Pew-pew needs-his-mold-lines-scrapped

should be a reply

Is the gravis gunfist a valid wargear for LTs?

*shouldn't be a reply. I'm not on my game tonight

Got some base colors done on kasrkin sergeant yesterday.

Anyone want to comment?

well, it certainly looks better than the standard captain

probably not

Yeah, it's supposed to be a sort of mime mask, but that's kinda hard to see from this angle.

Multiple thin coats user. The blue is streaky and you can see the black underneath. Remove the mold lines before you paint them.

cropped

Feel like the head could be lightened a bit

I think one of celestines little goons or a canoness veridyan would be a better base than a sister of silence, though sisters of silence are cheaper and easier to get. And the other sisters could be modeled to be a little retinue for her. wych elves no doubt from age of sigmar for the head. ive been thinking of doing something similar myself desu

cropped

This one some more blue accents

>500kb
>takes long to load
Where the fuck are you to have internet that shitty? Middle of the Amazon?

The only thing I don't like is that one is definitely blue and gold, and the other is mostly gold with black, and then blue accents. They clash a bit to me

Reposting this since I put it in at the end of the old thread before it died. Hoping for some criticism so I can make it better!

They're all becoming Imperial Fists actually. The 60 from Calth and the 90 from Prospero should let me have something in the company range for my display cabinet. I don't play the game unfortunately, no one to play with.

>thinks people are complaining about the 500 KB images

Looking good!

Is that a camo pattern? It really looks like misapplied highlights. I dig the pose.

I see progress, the cloak on the Skitarius is noticeably smoother. Keep painting and improving. I think you really improve your paintjob by neaten up your highlights.

Definite improvement! Neaten up those highlights and get that base done.

Not the guy you replied to but a lot of white paints go on very chalky unless extremely well-shaken. I tend to mix in a drop of 1 part flow-aid 20 parts water to help make sure it goes on smooth.

I don't know enough to but the Dunkster did a series of videos on Salamanders that might be of use:
Armour youtube.com/watch?v=tAPIvkyt3eU
Flames youtube.com/watch?v=MPyDemyjP8E
Skin youtube.com/watch?v=0lm_5NEPV-g

Hey. Quick question.. How do the heads of the normal Marines look on Primaris bodys? Im thinking of buying a set to make true scale marines with the normal helmeted heads. Thanks

checkout this gem I just bought Veeky Forums I can't wait to clip it out and assemble it!

The Mk IV head and Primaris head look almost identical.

Yeah, I was referencing mostly those three, but also looking at other videos, I was asking mostly for advice on buying paint and such more than specific colors, as I've never done anything of the sort.

Is that a good amount of paint to be buying or is it too much? It kind of seems like a huge amount of colors to buy all at once.

I mean honestly you could probably get away with just a few...

If you do all your marines with helmets on and forgo the flames you could just use the 4 paints from the Armour video. Then basically all you need to do is base them, paint the lens, and the bolter.

Then if you want to go back and add the flames latter you can buy those paints at that time. WHenever you decide you want to start doing skin, you can invest in those paints at that time. Etc.

>phone posters
>800x600 monitors
why should we care about these """people""" again?

If you put mk7 heads on Primaris bodies you aren't making truescale marines, you're making a Primaris who wears a mk7 helmet. There are canon examples of that happening.

>Mk IV
no i mean the normal tactical squad 40k space marine head

Shouldn't the monitor resize the image regardless of how large it is to fit your resolution perfectly? Pixel dimensions of a photo is irrelevant. A shitty 10 MB poorly shot uncropped image is still going to be stupid regardless of how many pixels it is.

Any suggestions on how to make vials and tubing look more like glass/plastic?

Thinking maybe if I thin blood for the blood god.. not sure how that would work out

I think overall you just need to go back in and paint in some accents. Like the cables on the weapons and so on. Red would look good, and more yellow.

>Is the gravis gunfist a valid wargear for LTs?

Not in the current roolz, no. A Primaris Lieutenant comes with a master-crafted auto-bolt rifle, a bolt pistol, frag grenades, and krak grenades. He may replace the rifle with a power sword.

Dark Imperium comes with one of each model, assuming you are going to build them as-is, and are not interested in converting.

Paint them half-filled with colour and the upper half black to simulate empty space in it. You can put some bubbles in the bottom half to help with the illusion.

Relevant Dunkster tutorial youtube.com/watch?v=5-BWaF1M5ps

this helmet

chaos cucks never learn

buy vallejo

It will fit fine, the helmets are the same scale but my point still stands. You aren't making truescale marines you're just making Primaris with old helmets. It's mentioned in Dark Imperium that some of the Primaris like the older helmets and wear them.

>I can smell senpai's shampoo!

Intermediate-length fan wanting to get better here.
Decided to get better by painting some metal Eldar I got off Ebay. What's a good way to do the Alaitoc dappling effect? I'm getting decent results with very watery blots of increasingly lighter patches.
And how should I do the rest of the cannon? I was thinking bone on everything except bright orange nozzle in honor of 2ed

thanks and yeah i know.
I run an imperial guard army and would like to have a few space marines for display since theyre such a big part of 40k to stand amoung my guard.
i hadnt got any yet because i didnt like the scale compared to guard ie they dont tower over the humans. the primaris marines are just that bit taller that'll be great for what i want them for and my head cannon

Metal Eldar Rangers and plastic Guardians*

What do (YOU) use to highlight black?

Eshin Grey, then Dawnstone. Picture related.

>the basic IF bitch reverse color scheme

Nice paintjob though.

this is what you're going for right? I immediately had flashbacks to seeing it at the drive-in with parents who did not realize how brutal it was. Your mini just reminded me of being 7 years old. Nice.

The rest of my marines are in banana clad. The Terminators are in black because they're 3rd Company.

Also thanks.

What colors should I buy to get those closest equivalent to Citadel?