This chick was in the newest TTSD episode...

This chick was in the newest TTSD episode. I read up on her 1d4 chan article and I was wondering if there's been any updates on her story since her graphic novel ended. I know sometimes little lore tidbits slip through the cracks, and I was curious if she was one of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Ephrael_Stern
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She hasn't been touched since the Daemonifuge comic, which is weird given all the potential for such a powerful character, both in fluff and on the tabletop.

Who is she?

Her name's definitely not in the filenames of the two images posted so far.

but who is she?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Ephrael_Stern

The new candidate for Empress in the mary sueification of 40k.

Now with more special snowflake demigods and edgy superhumans.

>new
She's from a comic from the early 2000s bud

SoB from the Order of the Special Snowflake who the Eldar want for reasons. Also looks good in Wych gladiator disguise.

Sounds like a great fella.

Wait I thought there was a reference in 8th edition about her.

Or is this just hearsay on Veeky Forums from her showing up in text to speech?

Its not like there aren't warpy sue saints running around doing heretical shit, like Celestine playing friendly footsies with Eldar death cultists and hilariously pissing off the Ultramarines to make her shut up at gunpoint.

>Wait I thought there was a reference in 8th edition about her. Or is this just hearsay on Veeky Forums from her showing up in text to speech?
I haven't gotten caught up on all the new fluff yet, so she could be and I just haven't read it yet, but TTS hearsay sounds more likely considering that she hasn't even been mentioned in the fluff since her comic came out.

Then again, they did decide to start republishing her comic last year, so maybe they do plan on doing something with her.

>Then again, they did decide to start republishing her comic last year, so maybe they do plan on doing something with her.

Honestly I just want to see the SoB get some new units, even though the revamp has them being some T3 Imperial Necrons with all those respawn powers.

>tfw just want some T4 sisters who could be warp angels or something because that human profile is getting a little tiring.

>TTSD episode.

Fuck off and die in a hole filled with burning diarrhea you meme loving shit.

I agree about them getting some new units, but I think they should still be T3, since being fully human is one of the SoB's defining attributes. There's a speech in Hammer and Anvil that describes the Sister's views on humanity and trans-humanism pretty well, I'll see if I can find it. Also, Celestine is heavily implied to be an Imperial Daemon Princeess.

nice b8 m8

wow, look at me wifes go

>Also, Celestine is heavily implied to be an Imperial Daemon Princeess.

Fair enough, but I guess I'm talking about the non-human auxillaries like angels they could summon and Celestine might not even be completely human barring that one time when the pylons shut her down.

So I would just like some SoB unit diversity if you know what I mean, or some act of faith that lets them harden up for like a single turn and get +1 T.

We already have armor that buffs up toughness anyways courtesy of the new Primaris, and we know humans can get buffed to toughness levels too thanks to augmentics or gene modification ala Straken or the Assassins as examples.

>Fair enough, but I guess I'm talking about the non-human auxillaries like angels they could summon
Kinda like that Canoness ability from Soulstorm? I guess I could see that.

>Celestine might not even be completely human barring that one time when the pylons shut her down.
In the Gathering Storm, we find out that Celestine disparates into the Warp when she dies, can travel through the Warp freely without protection, loses most of her power when her connection to the Warp is severed, and is completely immune to the effects of outer space. Taken together, this would indicate to me that she's a daemon prince, or something similar.

>we know humans can get buffed to toughness levels too thanks to augmentics or gene modification ala Straken or the Assassins as examples.
They can, but Sisters aren't fond of transhumanism. They'll get cybernetics and such in order to maintain combat effectiveness, but they would probably see getting gene modifications or extensive cyberization as a form of blasphemy upon the sacred human form.

From Hammer and Anvil:
>The heathen alien, the witch-psyker, the abhuman and the foulness of the mutant, even the sickening monstrosities of the Ruinous Powers - all these forces beat at the walls of humanity's salvation and tried again and again to drag it screaming into impiety and damnation. None saw this as clearly as the Sisters of Battle. Oh, it was true that they did not fight this tide of enemies alone, but one could not expect the common soldiery of the Imperial Guard to weather such threats. The Inquisition, while companionable in some forms to the work of the Sororitas, often dallied too closely with the very things they set out to expunge. And the Adeptus Astartes, the Emperor's Space Marines... They were a melange of conflicted, tribal warrior bands that embraced undependable psychics and the tenets of transhumanism. A few of their number were more tolerable than the others, and all were faithful to the Throne in their own crude conduct... But they were never to be trusted.

>Kinda like that Canoness ability from Soulstorm? I guess I could see that.
Exactly.

I honestly thought Celestine was going to be like T4 or T5 to compete with the other Imperial faction heroes, but I suppose she's already survivable enough with her shitload of wounds and healing potential. Dunno what kind of combos people have pulled with her recently, especially in 8th. But I'd love to see them.

That is a neat summary for them.

>Celestine being Imperial-aligned daemon princess

I know this is sort of dumb, but I was floored by this concept, but it makes sense once you look at her character.

After all, Him on Terra has been fed somewhere in the ballpark of 7-10 million psykers over the last ten thousand years, so He's easily capable of gifting some of His warp essence to mortal servants.

>Dunno what kind of combos people have pulled with her recently, especially in 8th. But I'd love to see them.

The main one I've heard of is utter cheese.

They forgot to make St Celestine a unique model like other special characters. She adds +1 to the Shield of Faith of other SOB near her and this is not limited to only a single instance of it. The other guy better hope he has some regular Mortal Wounds as the 2++ with a reroll Seraphim are coming.