Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Blood-splattered edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Second for the Archon.

ALERT THE GW LAWYERS

third for advice

++ Patrol Detachment (Necrons) [45 PL, 993pts] ++

+ HQ +

Overlord [7 PL, 147pts]: Resurrection Orb, Warscythe

+ Troops +

Immortals [4 PL, 94pts]: Gauss Blaster, 5x Immortal

Necron Warriors [12 PL, 240pts]: 20x Necron Warrior

+ Elites +

Lychguard [8 PL, 185pts]: Hyperphase Sword and Dispersion Shield, 5x Lychguard

Triarch Stalker [8 PL, 171pts]: Heat Ray

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Wraiths [6 PL, 156pts]
. Canoptek Wraith: Transdimensional Beamer

++ Total: [45 PL, 993pts] ++

Expecting to face horde IG with moderate armor support tomorrow. How's this?

DAngels Ancients: Good or no? They seem pretty weak to me.

Also, I wish they updated the list builder so I can actually present my list in a readable format. Necrons need some love man!

Deathskulls or Blood Axes?

How out of place for the setting would be an Agri-world with giant hive-city sized Skyfarms be?

>inb4 10th edition when the EMPEROR returns at the helm of a legion of Golden Sue clones of him so Games Workshop can literally sell armies of God Emperors

Herohammer on steroids for sure.

Pretend the three units under the Super Heavy Detachment is a Thunderhawk (totals to same points).

Just how absurd is this.

Completely fine.

Anybody have the rules for Rapier weapons batteries?

Me and my friends are considering getting into the game. We'd like to do a free for all, with 3 total players. Is there a good way to handle that?

They're starting to add FW stuff before finishing off the normal armies. Would love for the Necron section to be complete. Especially since the leaks are horrible with blurry pages and the points sections are sideways. Not sure how to flip them in the windows 10 pdf viewer.

Any tips on using it effectively?

Ancients are good for dissuading people from shooting certain units.
For instance, centurions+ancient+apothecary is a really powerful combo, since it forces opponents to kill them all off in one turn or they come back, and even when they do kill them they have a 50% chance to fire one last time.

They're good if you have the points, but you have to know how to use them. For Dangles them plus a deathwing knight blob could be quite killy.

I think there's a page in the rulebook about that towards the back.

The rulebook has a pretty clear layout for 1v1v1 games, AFAIK it works fine. 8th seems to play pretty well, things are straightforward and streamlined from 7th bloat.

That's in the rules actually.
What armies are you all considering?

>mfw the magaera is so bad it's not even funny

Holy hell, that gun is so bad- Take a moment and laugh at this dude. Laugh!

Doesn't look like it has any good way to deal with hordes or more than a few tanks.

What should I add to bring this up to 1500/2000?

Needs a bit more anti-horde.
Not sure if the mortis flux levithan is fluffy for RG, nor how competitive you want this list to be.
Maybe try assault cannon tarantulas?

Tactical marines

Blood Axes

Absolutely agree, but my only objective with such a list is to actually play my Thunderhawk as it has sat on my shelf for 5 years.

Deathwing knights

One guy is gonna be orks, and I think the other is gonna be tau. I haven't decided yet. Probably Nids or Sisters.

If I took a shit right on the wargaming table, what 8th edition units could it proxy as?

Do the Astartes Index has the rules for the Siege Mantlets for Tacticals?

The 'Badab War' Breachers on the Siege list.

GUO

Pretty obvious

London?

Knight Magaera army

Someone should have mentioned the average of 2d6 is 7.

Has anybody played the Dark Imperium scenario yet? I split with my buddy on the box and I got the Primaris Marines out of it. Even though he's got less points and is at a lower Power, I can't see a way to beat the Plague Marines.

Any Tau battlesuit. Just make sure that you get a Japanese guy to take the shit rather than you.

Also, thanks, I found it. Looking at the battlemap, the table is divided into quadrants. One player is gonna get stuck in the middle, and the other two players are going to have a lot of open space to their sides that one player doesn't. Is there a better way to do deployment for it?

Don't go Sisters. Trust me. Nids have been treated kindly so far this edition.

Nope.

>lord of contagion uses a rusty nob big choppa

Orks are getting squatted, right?

XV8s are not as good as they used to be but Stealth Suits, Ghostkeels, and certain XV8 builds are still excellent if you properly use drones. Anchor them with a Commander or Shadowsun and declare Montka after you get charged to advance your whole suit-corps away and unload.

So have sisters, haven't they?

On a rectangular table, not really, no.

Just give the middle spot to whichever player has the most mobile units or deep strikers.

Speak in english buddy, I'm not an expert on different flavors of japanese shit.

Their rules are okay but their entire army is still shit old metal models, difficult to find OOP tanks and who knows if they'll actually get a real Codex anytime soon while nids are slated to be one of the first non-Marine armies to get updated this edition.

Oh, cool. There's a schedule out? We're playing in TTS for the game, but that will influence which army I plan to get for real, if any.

my regiment's home world fluff features a large incorporation of an arcology settlement carved out of the landscape of a dangerous death world.

No. Ghazghkull will evolve into a Prime Orkā„¢ and subjugate all the other races of the galaxy towards living in the NPC and throwaway antagonist corner for the rest of time.

There's no schedule but we have little hints of information to extrapolate from. GW is giving update priority to Codexes that were not updated in 7th. That means Nids and Guard are pretty much first.

More bodies. There's a lot of firepower there but it won't hold back a tide of boyz/gaunts/conscripts.

Awesome. Are there odds on the codex being good or bad for nids? I've read they have sort of a history with everything being either overpowered or complete trash.

When the bad men try to punch your anime characters, use your frisbees to take the damage instead.

During your turn, yell like a coward ("Mont'ka!") and fly away 9" - 18" depending on the unit types and fire all your guns.

No clue yet. Playtesting should stop it from being shit this time. If they get someone other than Cruddace to lead it then who can say how it will turn out, we haven't seen a non-Cruddex update for Nids in 4 editions. Parts of the index are really good for them, while other parts still clearly have the hallmarks of Cruddace's creatively bankrupt phoned-in design, so it's a crapshoot.

Re-requesting second opinions.

2000 point Sons of Medusa list. The 167 missing points is Vaylund Cal.

Well I had my first ever match yesterday. I ran nids vs shikari with a 30PL cap and it went as much as you'd expect. Had fun but the other guy was kinda sore as he put his stuff away.

Well, what do you think a good point/power level value is for a first game between 3 people? I was thinking 500 points, but is that too low?

why not a single battalion for the 3 cp? just need to split the csm squads to get a 3rd.

Fucking why is it flipped?

It's pretty low. I'd go 1000 to get a real feel for things, but if you're all brand new it would get you used to the rules.

Ah, Upside-Down formation, I see. Classic.

Cataphractii suck this edition. Probably want to sub in a regular assault Terminator squad or something.

pumping water that high can't possibly be energy-efficient

>Skitari player flipped the table

Needs more chaos spawn

This is what I get for beating the computer nerd faction

>upside down pic
>shikari
>power level
This post is a disaster.

500 is a little low but if that's all you have then give it a try.

I would start with 750 if possible.

Power level wise that would translate to 25-35ish.

>gray tide nids vs lower tabletop standard skitmech
>tabled so hard painted models player was salty
this is the future we chose, waacfag nids

Why do you say that? I've run them in every list so far and they've been brutal. Yeah they're not going to leave the area that they're in, but hold them in reserve to drop them in the thick of the action and they've performed for me. In the last 3 games they've killed old one eye, 2 carnifexes, 2 hive tyrants, and their weight in genestealers.

so I haven't been paying attention, but do you now take turns in combat phase and can jump battle to battle? So like if my opponent finishes his attack, I don't have to attack back with what was attacked and can instead fight something else thats locked in combat to try to remove some of the attacks that could be coming from another squad? thats how i read it at least

Chaos spawn. The one that gets bigger and bigger each turn.

My strategy is Rhino rush backed up by a backline Terminator assault and the Predator. If I split the CSM one squad will have to hoof it.

>Imperium
>efficient technology

Sounds like that AdMech person learned the hard way that PL is trash and to just play fucking points.

If you have a big table, make an equilateral triangle battle zone.

You can split the CSM and have both combat squads in the same rhino fyi

Too easily pinned down and annihilated/tied up from what I've seen.

He said it was his first game ever, give him a break. He didn't even bring a WAACy nid list, it's literally the Start Collecting set and a box of gaunts judging from the pic.

I just got into 40k, chose tyranids cause I liked the zerg and built them in a week to make it to the release event. all I brought was the start collecting box and guants.

Yes.

I'd be a little salty too if I lost to unpainted models.

What kind of loadouts?

I've found that running 2 chainfists and 2 lightning claws means it's hard for them to be tied up. Lets them hurt both big and small stuff. And the 4+ invuln saves my ass a lot.

Why is there a template on the table?

So you're saying that he should have a fully painted army for his first ever match?

His stuff was barely painted too. He painted the jackets on one squad, helmets on another and everything else was grey.

Fixed it up. How's that?

I was referring to the pic of the actual building.

Guy was using it for a ruler.

So something I'm wondering.

Do Servo-arms give you an extra attack at its profile or let you choose to use the servo attack in place of one of your regular attacks in this edition?

>chose tyranids cause I liked the zerg
FUCK

Actually yes. I'd at least expect my opponent to paint and base his shit before putting it on the table, but I'm not so autistic as to decline games if they don't. Repeat offenders, though...

>he doesn't even prime
Well take back everything I said. That guy is a fag.

use one of your attacks, seems like it

No, it's written right there. When you make your attacks, only one of them can be done using the servo arm.

Admittedly the ones I've seen focus more on heavy weapons than melee, but how do you actually get them into combat? Chaos can use Warptime, but you've got to get really lucky on a charge.

thank you very much. that really adds a new level of stategy to the game with combat instead of just attacking willy nilly

>playing with unpainted models

That's the first step towards being one of those never paints his army people.

So what's wrong with the zerg?

i personally can't stand that shit. I wont play with something if it's not painted. thats literally half of the hobby