Hour of Devastation Thread

Mamma Mia Edition

>Thoughtseize

Fucking disgusting.

OP here. I agree.

At some point, the intense profit motive hurts the product itself.

>playing Legacy
>ANT player in front of me lays down Invocation Dark Rituals

I was never so disgusted in all my life.

I actually seriously don't mind the Masterpiece Series as a concept, though the Amonkhet ones are ugly as sin. It doesn't affect Standard, and it adds some cool promos that you can sell for a lot if you pull one.

I don't oppose the inclusion of Masterpieces. I do take exception to cards that are specifically chosen to benefit WOTC over players. Cards like Thoughtseize and Force of Will don't become Masterpieces because they're fun or interesting. They weren't designed to encourage playing the fucking game. They're just blatant cash grabs.

That and Blood Moon are my fav an must haves from part 2 of these guys

I frankly wouldn't even have that much of a problem with that if not for the fact that the AKH Masterpieces are so goddamned ugly. Like at least make them readable, right?

But they do lower the price of the cost of the regular set since everyone is cracking packs to open the masterpieces. None of the card in Kaladesh or Amonkhet are more then 20 or so bucks.

Thoughtseize is like $10.

These HOU invocations make the AKH ones look like trash.

the colors on the art don't clash as much with the borders

>Wizards decided for Amonkhet to die so their second commissions for the second set invocations would look better and that's the only reason Bolas didn't lose to friendship improvisation.

Nice

Oh shit. Here I go playing the lottery again

>
>Bolas

Oh boy. Here I go killin' again.

Yes...how dare new players have easier access to old cards. The horror...

I think he's referring to how ugly as sin the invocation is compared to the original, the urza's saga one, etc. Considering the card isn't even a dollar for those printings.

WHAT? BOLAS WINS?

Yeah, the Gate watch gets stomped and banished to other planes/captured by Bolas.

You know, I kinda enjoy the invocations. The art can be hit or miss, but they're so unusual and different that they become special. I'm trying to get a Loyal Retainers invocation, but they're kinda rare.

RIP burn decks

Dude, dark rits are barely a dollar.

If he's playing ANT, that means he has money for underground seas and no excuse for such poor taste.

I'm sure he was running them to "tilt" opponents. Too bad he lost every round.

> Force of Will
> not interesting

user, what you have here is a classic case of "I cannot understand how others enjoy the things I don't". I would literally take FoW invocation over any other (except maybe Counterspell) and not to sell it but because FoW is one of my favorite cards ever. I am sure there are many people who love hand disruption and they would love that new and exotic Thoughtseize printing.
Get the grip on the idea that you don't fucking understand everything.

You can start writing your own Bolas x Nissa tentaclefics now!
I know one of you already did so be a chap and post link

I'll never understand people like that. Do they really think they can effect their opponent through something so petty?

Discardfag here. I'll be disappointed if we don't see Unmask.

Card sucks

>Skullcrack

this is not life gain.

It is if the user has a life total below their starting one.

Change of life total causes you to gain/or loss that much life so this is lifegain in fact

OK, so I personally don't find it intersting but that's not why it's an Invocation.

no, they do not, it makes your life total 20, it is not life gain.

118.5. If an effect sets a player's life total to a specific number, the player gains or loses the necessary amount of life to end up with the new total.

Read the rules.

>Feeding the troll

Not in commander when you can keep casting it over and over again.

FoW is an invocation because people love counterspells and it's one of the most powerful. It's present in a high % of decks in Legacy.

Thoughtseize is an invocation because people love hand disruption and it's one of the most powerful. It's present in a high % of decks in Modern.

Look, I'm not trying to pretend Invocations won't cause more packs to be opened, more product to be consumed and more cashflow to Wizards. Because they will and they are in the packs for those reasons, like any other cards. But pretending that players don't like Thoughtseize and it's new printing is somehow a blatant cashgrab is unreasnable at best.

I'd love to see Unmask too.

CAT TRIBAL STATUS: ONLINE

No unmask, sadly. They've spoiled all the invocations except two, and those are the two remaining gods we haven't seen yet.

I wonder what the art that looks like it would have been invocation Lightning Bolt is for then...

Here's a challenge: if you pull doomsday in limited, you have to play with it and win a game because it resolves.

Fucking finally can play my kitty tribal

But how well would you do in a Catfight?

Beautiful.

Is the new GOAT era of Magic about to begin?

>Plenty of situational hate cards
>Way less gatewatch
>Sensed block structure
>Garfield on the design team of Dominaria

Yes, god forbid they have another foil printing of Thoughtseize because normal ones are so cheap

the new locust god is going to go infinite with saheeli

standard cat combo all over again, but this time with locusts

At least the flavour is on point

>he thinks a foil Super Mythic means cheaper prices

No, I don't. Reprint mythics don't even cause a price drop

They do give players more options to "pimp" out their deck than a fucking rent payment tho

RIP Catmom.

What happened to the lotus god that was spoiled?

Is that Gideon in her hands?

That was spoiled already? I can't find it anywhere

memes

This looks like it can be real fun

So can this actually copy Gideon in creature form? Is there anyway to keep it as Gideon (Aka have 2 same planewalkers somehow)

>the new locust god
did I miss something?
I know only about the scorpion one

I love this kind of memes

Its another Dark Depths enabler (but isn't nearly as good as Thespian's Stage in terms of ability to use / tutor for it) but that being said this card is probably going places.

We've gotten images on the two others gods. The only god we lacked an image for was the Scorpion God and now we have its card.

We're waiting for cards for the Locust God and the Scarab God.

In this image, Locust God.

In this image, Scarab God.

These aren't guaranteed to be their card art, just card art that features them.

Nope, because it won't copy the effect of gideon becoming a creature. It'll copy the card text, become a planeswalker with 0 loyalty counters and die.

oh well, mechanized production it is then.

Prediction: Locus God is going to be BU and Scarab God is going to be BR

cards like this make people say "wow this slots into my commander deck!"

AND you'd have to sac one of them due to the legend rule anyways.

Nah, the Scorpion God is already BR. More likely the Locust God is going to be BU and the Scarab God is going to be UR.

Legend got reworked so now both players can play the same legend on the field.

Oh. Whoops.

Whoops, I meant the Scarab God will be UR, but I accidentally used B for blue

the human hands on an entirely chitinous body are really unnerving.

Not sure if it's bad art or intended to be off putting.

t-truly
I wonder if it has a human heart too

Well we'll never know because MTG rule 34 is complete garbage

Well clearly we need to rectify this situation.

>cat tribal
Oh boy thank fucking god

This is going to be rad

All I want is Thalia fucking Horsecock Futa Olivia with a silver strap on.

GET JEDIT IN HERE, WE'RE GONNA HAVE A PARTY.

That actually seems pretty hot and still canonically possible

But noooooooooooo all we have is one hentai comic and that one picture Steve Argyle made that tabooed MTG rule 34 in the first place

You know what, fuck it. I'm gonna work on this when I get off work.

Anons, give me some suggestions for things to draw (badly). It'll probably be mostly pencil & paper, but I'll see if I can get my damn tablet to make something decent.

Nissa is a slut. Probably Bolas taming her.

Vedalken handjobs

>thepths enabler
i'm completely and utterly ok with this.

Nissa Defeat

Samut screaming at the observer face "Do you know what nakadashi is?". Her man face is very important. Feel free to do your worst

Take a look at the cat cards, there's a good old GW weenie lining up. Cat tribal confirmed.

Chandra eating out Nissa

What wants

Nip gwyllion shitting dicknipples

Alright, I hate the border but the art for this is fucking awesome.