Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Hungry hungry nids edition.

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQPEwaVguLk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

foods ate

This Word Bearer is such a bro, and almost inspired me to start a pure summoning list
youtube.com/watch?v=KQPEwaVguLk

Oh shit that's new art isn't it

Looking for some fluff on blood ravens armies for help building a fluffy list.
Does anyone know anything that might help? Any books or records of how blood ravens tend to organize their armys?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

>AdMech HQ's can't repair Imperial Knights
>DarkMecha HQ's can repair Renegade Knights

Just fuckin kill me, FW.

Which Grey Knight units are good in 8th?

They should allow AdMech HQs to repair AdMech aligned Knight houses but not Imperial ones.

That's what you get for being a loyalist dog.

Where are Squats?

Draigo, Libarians, Strike Squads, Terminators, Paladins, Razorbacks, Land Raiders, not sure about the other units but they shouldn't have too many shit units.

Is Boss Snikrot good now? What about Kommandos? Are Shoota Boyz still good?

Just wait until IA14.

Has anyone use or played against Hellions? How do they fare in 8th?

Blood Ravens are Codex-adherent, but Librarians often take Lieutenant positions, if not assume the position of Company Commander should the commander eat it.

They also have more Librarians than normal, so they have to organize to accommodate them with an expanded Librarium, and it's not uncommon for multiple Librarians to be attached to a company at a time.

I'm actually thinking they should release a kit of that crazy AdMech-looking character in that one image of a Knight, the one where it's heralding it leaving and there's a Cherub carrying a huge sword behind it.

IIRC, those things have specific names and their job description is basically "Enginseer, but for Knights" and they carry gear large enough to deal with a Knight's massive systems and repair needs.

Are Sternguard worth taking for heavy flamers and combi Meltas? Vulkan has to party and im wondering if i should just run company veterans with meltas flamers and a power weapon

Is this list a good counter to mainly horde IG supported by a handful of tanks?

Chappys any good? Been meaning to convert one but I dont play any assault units but terminators so never really saw a reason to

ur running khorne berserkers against a horde, you have won already.

Sacristans

What the fuck is that a Neanderthal??

>Is this list a good counter to mainly horde IG supported by a handful of tanks?
*checks list*
pffffthahaha...
No, man. That's not gonna do it.
The only real way to beat horde spam is with horde spam, or a very small number of other OP units.

new-ish. it's from shield of baal I'm pretty sure.

Does nobody in the Imperium use war dogs? The Space Wolves use their... Space wolves, but those aren't dogs.
How does the IG seriously have no K9 units?

never heard of andre the giant? he was in a few popular movies too like the Princess bride

>doesn't know who is in user's gif

fucks sake

>bro
>not an annoying shit that made me stop watching

Dogs are more valuable than conscripts, so there's no point.

Nothing heavy weapon teams spam can't deal with

>not knowing Andre the Giant

Either foreign or underaged.

Yes, those. Thank you.

This would make one hell of a kit, by the way. A thin, skinny, creepy techno-fucker who stands almost as tall as a knight, trailing cloth, paper, and mechadendrites while riding atop a mass a stilted bionic legs and more mechadendrites, swarms of Cherubs and servo-skulls circling it.

Cyber mastiffs exist but they're an arbites thing I think.

You're worse than the midgets.

Yeah I didn't understand why he thought he was such a great guy either. Just seemed like a typical annoying Veeky Forums faggot to me, just slightly less awkard than the average one. Not even normie level, let alone bro tier.

>you will never receive routine maintenance from a thicc Sacristan babe with no flesh on her face

There are actual dogs. Most get bionics to help them do their jobs, but there's likely a number of more or less normal dogs running around on feral and feudal worlds, as well as those in the company of even Hive Worlders, at least those well off enough to afford the luxury of pets.

Savage.

Andre the Giant. You're either underage, or from the fuck ass of nowhere.

Here he is holding a 12oz beer can.

CSM don't have a unit they can spam in endless tides. Cultists are too weak and vulnerable to morale. Berserkers chew through hordes like there's no tomorrow. What would you suggest?

I want actual war dogs tho

Made a misstep and had them all blown off the board before I could try them. With the +str drug though they look fun on paper.

First ever attempt at anything Tau related

Vanguard Detachment

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit (3) - 163pts
1 Commander: High-output burst cannon,Missile pod,Advanced targeting system,Drone cntroller
2 MV1 Gun Drone: Two pulse carabines

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (10) - 413pts
1 Crisis Shas'vre: Plasma rifle,Advanced targeting system,Missile pod
1 Crisis Shas'ui: 2 Flamers,Advanced targeting system
1 Crisis Shas'ui: Burst cannon,Advanced targeting system,Cyclic Ion blaster
2 Crisis Shas'ui: 2 Burst cannons,Advanced targeting system
2 MV4 Shield Drone
1 MV7 Marker Drone: Markerlight
2 MV1 Gun Drone: Two pulse carabines

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (8) - 397pts
2 MV4 Shield Drone

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits (8) - 397pts
2 MV4 Shield Drone

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit (3) - 236pts
2 MV5 Stealth Drone
1 XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit: Fusion collider,Two fusion blaster,Shield Generator,Advanced targeting system

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (3) - 197pts
1 Broadside Shas'vre: Heavy rail rifle,Two plasma rifles,Velocity tracker,2 Seeker missiles
2 MV7 Marker Drone: Markerlight

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits (3) - 197pts
1 Broadside Shas'vre: Heavy rail rifle,Two plasma rifles,Velocity tracker,2 Seeker missiles
2 MV7 Marker Drone: Markerlight

Total: 2000 points

You could have that, though probably in a game more like Inquisimunda, which does have rules for some animals as team-members.

They're good for sneaking behind enemy lines and assaulting out of it.

Poxwalkers might help.

Mixed-composition units is problematic for positioning, since they need to stick in unit cohesion. I'd recommend Crisis Suit teams have uniform loadouts.

So what's the word on Adeptus Titanicus?
And the rumors of Battlefleet Heresy?
Any chances of cross-play between the two Dropzone/Dropfleet style?

Cross-play would be entirely campaign rules.

Yeah there was a model in Inquisitor.

Space Wolves are the only Imperial army that would use those. Necrons and Khorne also have a similar unit. You could try to glue bolters to their sides and use them as bikes, but those are the wrong base size.

Crisis are kinda meh too now, so suit spam won't go so hot.
But yeah, don't go random for weapons so as to ensure you can reliably shoot at full potential each turn.
Flamers go for flamer heavy squads otherwise you end up with models that can't do anything in a turn

They're comically easy to pick off at range, while everything not wearing Cataphractii armor outpaces them.

So in order to take Terminators in Deathguard I have to take a separate detachment correct? If I do and I also take a Terminators Sorcerer can that Sorcerer take spells off the regular Chaos Psyker list? I really want Warp Time in Deathguard.

>Cultists are too weak and vulnerable to morale

If you're not rolling groups of twenty with a Dark Apostle I don't know what to tell you, alternatively, wait until Renegades and just stock up on guard.

first, here are several points to take.
1. Always run crisis suits with one type of weapons
2. crisis commanders are better than crisis suits
3. Markerlights are very important, if you have none or too little (you would need at least 20 for that list) you will lose
4. Always run models in the smallest unit sie possible (so run crisis teams as 3 man teams)
5. never take shield generators on ghostkeels/stormsurge
6. seeker missile are useless
7. a commander with 4 fusion blasters is a better anti-tank model than a ghostkeel with all fusion
honestly that list is a mess, just tell me what you have and I'll make alist for you

>not knowing andre the giant
>never having watched princess bride
Shame user, shame.

That can't compare with Conscript blobs with a Commissar. I don't think Chaos has the tools to out-horde IG, other solutions are needed.

Disregard, I can't read

AT is supposed to be out by the end of this year.

Renegades will come with a sniper rifle option, I'd be amazed if they didn't, and then just chuck a defiler or two at them.

0/10 modeled for advantage.

Is there ever a reason to take bolt pistols over chainswords on bike units?

You can take a unified detachment using the "Chaos" and "Heretic Astartes" keywords. As of right this moment there's no penalty beyond things like Typhus' buff not working on non DG models.

Lightning claws on terminators. Remove the havoc launchers and use the tanks to tank care of armor.

I'm just going to take negative command points for it, correct?

i hope you've at least seen this

Enemy has a -1 to being hit in melee, but not shooting and you think you'll survive long enough to shoot at them in melee next turn.

I had some time this morning, and anons were helpful last thread. i have a feeling that the lack of Synapse isn't as bad as it would be in 7ed, but this list seems to meet my "overwhelm and in your face" style of what nids could be
Thoughts?

Honestly I have jack shit, just thought it'd be fun to have an army of anime mechasuits

Not practically, no.

Not as long as you fit all the stuff neatly into detachments, no. You can sprinkle in daemons too if you feel like it, they have the "Chaos" keyword as well.

just drive a few rhinos into the conscript swarms, you don't have to kill them , just be able to to move past them to the juicier targets and stop them from camping objectives

>he doesn't know who andre the giant is
I want underaged ban to leave

How did Dreads fair in this edition? I have some standard ones and am wondering if an Ironclad or two might be worth picking up for a Dread centric force.

That's what the tanks are for, the Havoc Launchers were extra points I decided to throw into some additional firepower.

>Lightning Claws
Oh goody, for a mere 220 points I can field a whole five Terminators with three attacks each that are ludicrously overkill against any individual horde model. No thank you, Berserkers get three attacks for much less and can fight twice.

>bro
That guy was the most irritating piece of shit I've ever seen in a batrep, and that's saying something considering it's MWG. Holy shit just listening to his annoying voice as he spewed his little ironic catch phrases made me want to blow my fucking brains out. Between that and the "memes irl" clothing, I just about died of second-hand embarrassment from watching this.

His 'girlfriend' is either a cute trap or a really ugly girl.

I have the astartes FW index EPUB, I want to put it in the mega, how do? also do I need to modify it in anyway before uploading?

If you're dealing with a horde, those lightning claws will do way better than power axes. Swap the combi-melta to flamer then.

Yes, the berzerkers are great, but I'm not sure if you can count on them to wipe out the _entire_ horde.

Anyhow, your call really, the axes are as "overkill" as the claws, you just lose an attack.

well in the current edition crisis suits are overpriced and a bit lackluster compared to crisis commanders.
A good mecha list would have stealthsuits, ghostkeels, broadsides, crisis commanders, stormsurges and FW XV109

It is Monday
Which means Forge World Monday

What do you expect to see? I think we'll see a few teases for the indices coming out Friday. Xenos got some shown already so maybe IG will too.

how did you get it in epub btw ?
does fw send it out ?

You don't need to modify it. Just upload to MEGA, which you'll need to make an account and then just make a shareable link.

See

It's been on sale since Saturday.

The Terminators are there to deploy against his armor and any elite units he may bring along. Failing that they're a distraction from the incoming Rhino rush loaded with Berserkers and chainsword-touting CSM.

just upload it anywhere and post link here. somebody will get it into to OP mega.

Made to Order Blood Bowl Teams.

I expect the vendetta, DKOK artillery and renegade guardsmen
I don't expect anything Elysian which is unfortunate since I really want to use them already

Fair enough. I'd figure the Predators are enough for the armor, but I suppose you'd know your opponent better.

I don't know, I didn't mind him much and he runs fun converted armies. Certainly tossed some variety into their 30k stuff with cultists and daemons and EC Oh My! rather than endless AL failures and IW stomps.

Unless some neat rules come with the codex, pure suit seems lackluster. Need the chaff, troops, and drones.

FW stuff still has a bunch to be shown, like the Crisis, Hazard, 107, character dude, and I guess the Taunar to round off suits. Not mentioning the non-suits.

Yeah, but i figured i'd with those 3 going balls deep into the enemy's front line it would give the little guys time to catch up
I only made it in like 15 mins, so i'll have to research and refine

you can buy it from warhammer digital, which I did because I couldn't be fucked waiting for someone here to buy it and upload it

Cool, let me know if this didn't work
mega(dot)nz/#!sHB3hICa

so a fully upgraded rhino can have 3 weapons? havoc launcher, combi-bolter and another combi weapon? or does the upgraded combi weapon replace the stock one.

>mega(dot)nz/#!sHB3hICa

You need to make it shareable. Otherwise it asks for a decryption key.

I don't know his exact army composition for 8th, just that he has over 200 painted basic troop models and he's favored blob with mech support in the past.