MtG Hours of Devastation Invocations

Got a few more.

Whoever deaigned these card frames srsly need to be shot. It takes a fucking second or two to parse the card name.

I wish they were spoiling real cards instead of just versions of cards that I'm never going to see.

Most of the art on these is great, too bad for the fucking frame.

I do not like how this looks. It's just a bunch of shitty blue dudes.

So why the fuck is Bolas murdering one of his planes?

So what are those blue dudes? I thought they were zombies of some sort but they seem pretty angular.

Idk but fuck em'.

The zombies are the Eternal, a specific form of zombie enhanced with lazotep, a sort of magical lapis lazuli. This makes them immune to necromancy and seems to bind them to the will of Nicol Bolas and him alone, somehow.

The last two invocations will be the unspoiled Locust God and Scarab God, which are likely to be UR and UB - we don't know which is which yet though.

Honestly I think they look pretty cool.

Who designed that eye cancer frame?

For some reason all eternals are 4/4 except this guy

You've got cards that are Eternal from the start and then you've got cards which can Eternalize.

Where the fuck is the lightning bolt?

It's not a giant, apocalyptic spell or creature and that's the theme of these invocations.

And yet, chain lightning is an invocation.

Threads of Disloyalty is pretty small fry stuff.

An Amonkhet invocation, not an Hours of Devastation invocation.

It's not exactly his, he just came over shortly before losing his oldwalker powers, wrecked the place and made it into a zombo factory for himself. Now he's just doing cleanup I guess.

well its pretty obvious WHY, isn't it? Lazotep can be "walked" to another plane I bet, meaning you have an army you can "move".

yeah we're gonna have sets down the road where bolas' eternals invade other planes. nicol bolas has upped his game and now he's on the same level as the phyrexians and eldrazi when it comes to interplanar domination.

Necrons

This, I'm more excited to see the other two gods than I am about any invocation.

>meaning you have an army you can "move".
Wouldn't every weenie/horde deck count as an army you can summon on the go? What is the fluff difference between these eternals and your bog standard WhiteWeenie.dec or Zombies.dec planeswalker/player?

Lorewise, when you summon shit it's a mana construct instead of the actual thing - you're not pulling something from another plane to where you are, you're making it wholecloth out of magic, and it disappears when you're done fighting. This is why Creative hates it when Design and Development make cards that affect tokens only - regular creatures basically ARE token copies to begin with, lorewise. Zombies you reanimate from planar natives are, presumably, similar in that shit falls apart after you leave the plane unless the plane's one that wants to have zombies milling about constantly like Amonkhet or Innistrad, though that's never been stated one way or the other.
Between the shit that happened in Kaladesh and what's happening on Amonkhet, Bolas now has an army of 4/4s (remember, the average human is 1/1ish, with 2/2s for exceptional warriors) that he can move to other planes and have stick around there without him having to be there or concentrate on because they're actually THERE.

because they are real and like your summons are fakes that each take an individual amount of time to summon, just like in Magic.

Bolas is now essentially "starting the game" with an army of 4/4's