MTG Pauper General

Hey guys, felt like talking about come Pauper.

Pauper Metagame:
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

Real Pauper Metagame:
mtgtop8.com/format?f=PAU

Starting off the discussion with pic related. On the draw against an unknown opponents in game 1 with Elves. I had this come up in a league the other day, and I thought it was an interesting one.

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/deck/658974#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-05-17-pauper-jund/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-05-17-rakdos-midrange/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

List for reference.

I ended up keeping, primarily off of the back of Elvish Visionary. This is one of the less explosive Elves draws, but my first drawstep was Distant Melody, and Visionary found me Priest of Titania, so it worked out.

Best format getting a thread, oh yeah

I personally wouldn't keep the hand, it needs precisely distant melody to work and a lot of things can go badly.

3rd for Standard Pauper

Fuck, I love standard pauper. Gonna make a delirium BG deck this weak and it will costs me 5$

Fucking hell, im trying to upload a mono red burn deck but it wont let me. It's 3,7mb .png

I want to play something really weird with alot of old cards. Anyone recommend a deck?

Nvm im just stupid.

Thoughts ? Planing on 4 of every card and 20 lands.

Grapeshot is banned in pauper and I would cut the firefind, those 2 damage can go only to creatures, worst case yours if there are no other on the battlefield.

Damn, oh well i guess i better read the ban list before trying to make a deck.

I will try and find a better replacement for firefiend.

Curently Playing Mono White Soldiers.
It's a very fair deck, with Awnsers to everything. Feels like playing Magic as it should.
I'm brewing RB Exhume, a very unfair deck, but when it isn't completely unfair, it just loses to Infect and Stompy.
Also Brewing MonoBlack Allspells. Killing with corrupt is based as fuck.

Cool, a pauper thread. Who of you has experience with Midnight Presence/Rally the Peasants? I built this deck in paper recently: mtggoldfish.com/deck/658974#paper
It's fun to play, but the mana is demanding. I'm not a fan of Commune with the Gods because it whiffs easily and doesn't get lands. I'm considering replacing it with Vessel of Nascency, which costs a mana more to use, and digs less deep, but it hits lands and other vessels. Anyone ever tried it?
I'd keep it, but I wouldn't be happy about it.

Also, what are some good affinity hate cards in a white heavy naya deck? gleeful sabotage seems hard to conspire, gorilla shaman is a difficult splash, and disenchant is good but fair. is there a list of pauper sideboard staples for each color?

Is izzet blitz still decent?

I like pauper quite a bit, here's my special snowflake faerie list. 2 slots in the SB are Hydroblast but they cost too much on mtgo.

Tell me more buddy.

>Is izzet blitz still decent?
Yes, it is a solid deck. The storm of pauper.

Dust to Dust is the premier Affinity hate in white. It's not perfect, just an expensive Gleeful Sabotage.

Most Pauper decks utilize a fair amount of old commons simply because they are more powerful (or at least the outliers among them are). In terms of something weird, check out Kuldotha Boros. A R/W artifact based Midrange/Control deck.

Care to post the mono black list?

Do anyone here play the sundays competitions in mtgo? How competitive are them?

>Paper Oubliettes
REEEEEEE REPRINT WHEN

i'm pretty close to finishing a RUG thresh list. How do i convince folks at my lgs to build pauper decks?

let me copy your list

just get the commander spergs to start shouting about it. I'm sure WOTC will put it in the next commander set,

It's not as good as blue delver, but it's a fun list

Its keepable, but given you still have 7 cards in hand, id take the mulligan. The hand doesnt do anything by itself, and if they kill or counter ANY elf you will have too little critical mass to come back in time.

Yo yo I was planning on starting a thread up meself, thanks for being the responsible user, user.

I'd keep, you have two Elves and Timberwatch and you're gonna see more cards anyway.

Check out my pile of cards! I shamelessly copied it off the Internet! It's almost like Storm combo!

Also, Boros Bros, Palace Sentinels or Kuldotha Rebirth?

Nice mat. What is your deck's win condition? I don't see it...

1. Enchant a Forest with about 3-4 Fertile Ground/Utopia Sprawl effects.

2. Find a copy of Psychic Puppetry

3. Dig deep with spells like Ideas Unbound, Peer Through Depths and Compulsive Research. With the former two, splice Psychic Puppetry to untap the Enchanted Land so you can keep casting digging spells. As you go, use excess mana to cast additional Fertile Grounds you pick up so the land taps for more.

4. Generate about 20+ excess mana in this fashion and cast Kaerveck's Torch for the win.

When you land taps for 7 mana, it goes infinite with Petals of Insight and Psychic Puppetry if you choose to put Petals back into your hand.

Daaaaaaammmmnnnn I see now why you said it was a storm combo. Nice!

do you guys know any artifact or mono white card that let me discard a card or put a creature card from hand or library on my graveyard?

I am pretty sure it is not one of the things white does

patchwork gnomes, nothing else under 3 cmc

Spellshapers. Best one is Icatian Crier, but Netter en-Dal is a cheap useful effect.

There also a disenchant one that might be useful too.

>Also, Boros Bros, Palace Sentinels or Kuldotha Rebirth?
How much different is boros bros to the monarch version? Apart from palace sentinels obviously. I thought token-less evolved into monarch.

For discard there is tireless tribe and pick related. For library to graveyard, no idea.

well i guess i can't use gatherer for shit

Thanks, anons

Wish there was more of an IRL scene for this :(

>Fair deck
>Playing magic like you should
LaugingUBplayer.jpg

>games that take less than 1h
>lauging_tortured.png

It's fine don't worry about it. Hour long games are fun and enjoyable.

Lamo play modern poorshitters

Enjoy playing your underpowered format sperg.

What is this unpalatable new meme?

ive never played pauper before and want to give it a try. where do i start? is paper ok or will i have to use that god awful MtGO horse shit?

>playing modern and calling others poor

come play vintage peasent

Find local group m8

Also mtgo will be kill soon

Not him but got any tips on how to find em? are fb groups the best bet?

Shoot a modern payer gonads off and it'd summon d7 legacy payers, they will know where to find your local vintage sage. He knows better.

Built bogles recently.

Saw Cartouches and wanted to see if they worked. My meta is also filled with Temur tron and Kuldotha Boros, both with their onnoxious amounts of bolts, so I wanted to build something that told that shit to fuck right off. Took them to my lgs's bi-monthly pauper tournament last weekend and took second (out of about 30), because no one carries enough enchantment removal, so I'm not mad how it turned out.

Sorry for the phone quality image

Pestilence. Relies on dark ritual, pestilence and creatures with protection from black.

Is the argument for running two Ancestral Masks so that you can run a fourth Cartouche of Solidarity and a second Cartouche of Strength? How did that go down? Was it worth it?

built Mono Blue Delver, I refuse to put Skred in there

is it possible (or good) to play infect in pauper?

its Tier 3 now, but back in the Invigorate days Infect was dominant

I have never played pauper, recommend me a good deck to start with. If it help I play merfolk and fairies in modern.

Mono Blue/Izzet Delver plays some Faeries, its a Tempo Deck

the only decent tribe in Pauper is Selenya Slivers

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/02-05-17-pauper-jund/
Want to get into pauper, how does this look?

I played in the last one, got wrecked (dropped at 1-4). They're pretty competitive. Seems like weird decks show up but manage to do well.

>god awful MtGO horse shit
This is a reddit meme. If you unironically have problems with the MTGO interface, I recommend sticking with Hearthstone.

A MACHINE FOR PIIIIIIIIIIIIIGS

Seems cool, i dont know about the Blightnings and 2x Duress though

i love this Deck so much

Yeah blightning seemed kinda cool but 3 cmc looks a bit too high. What should i put instead? I also decided to go for Werebears instead of Anglers

Nice, why the Wickerbough Elders though?

Werebear is pretty cool, id replace it with some more Lands, 20 seems not enough for a Control/Midrange deck

4/4 for 4. Blows up shit.

why not just add blue and some Mulldrifters?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/23-05-17-rakdos-midrange/

opinions?

4 colours seems a bit crazy.

You've got enough ManaFixing in my opinion, and the Sejiri Steppe can be replaced

oh, thought you were meaning the Jund list.

I've kept meaning to switch it to a Dinrova Horror/teachings tron list, but Teachings made me feel like a bad person.

Understandable, Teachings really can be unfun

How is Krosan Tusker in a deck similar to this? And what about Skred?

>Y-you are having a wrong fun! Wrong!

I have a similar deck to and have been thinking about adding blue. I just don't know if it fits the deck, specially since mulldrifter is not fetchable with fierce empath.

Memory Lapse over Mana Leak or Deprive? No Preordain?