So /tg, how do you feel about this?

So /tg, how do you feel about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Founding#Ultima_Founding
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ambivalent

also, didn't know the new TS were that tall

True Scale is much better.

I hope marinelets and chaos nsrinelets get discontinued.

>I hope marinelets and chaos nsrinelets
This.
Manlets are disgusting and need to go

I should be mad my squad of nine Tzeentch Marines had deprecated in value but that Rubric Marine is legit

Veterans of the Long War have been soaking in Chaos for ten thousand years. Of course they're going to be bigger than normal Marines.

Dont care. My plague marines are already truescale.

I'll be looking forward to seeing someone in /WIP/ trip out theirs with bits and pieces to make it better and then have an immaculate paint job.

You can hardly tell the difference between the rubic and primaris. Are their rules good in 8th? I might consider getting some.

intercessors are pretty lackluster compared to the options already available. Hellblaster squads seem really good if you pair them up with a captain so they can reroll 1s. Inceptors are essentially just better assault marines but with less melee options.

Never played SM so I don't care. They look better than the marinelets though.

Good. I don't want the stench of Primaris anywhere near CSM.

Sorry I meant the thousand sons. I've always wanted build/paint a tzeentch aligned warband.

i like it

Torn. On the one hand, I like marines being the proper size. On the other hand, I've already got about 2000 points worth of various Chaos marine infantry models, most of which involve conversions, and Im not enjoying the thought of having to replace them or bust them apart to re-use helmets and other bits on larger legs and torsos.

Just sell them before marinelets players start flooding the market

This makes me want to burn every marinelet I can find to hasten their discontinuation and replacement by superior chadmarines.

So what's the difference really? I see none beside the overdone bling on spikeyz.

I just get that guy on the right as the leader for my CSM Killteam. Scale of hierarchy makes him look bigger and more important because he is as squad leader, andI only have a few models anyway so none of them get invalidated by the size shift, so it's all smiles.

Well, I'd probably be able to salvage all the helmets, backpacks, shoulder pads, and some of the guns. From there its just a matter of getting enough bits from 1ksons and Primaris marines to transfer most things over.

Starting from scratch is the absolute last thing I want to do.

Btw, are the new plaguemarines interchangable with Mk3 tacticals? Cuz replacing all Mk5+ helms on them with proper ones seems the first thing to come up in my mind.

I feel like they switched CSM to truescale without any retarded fluff because it's only Space Marines players that would be whiny babies about THEIR DUDES becoming out of scale.

I can't wait for GW to stop producing them completely.

"And today, we say goodbye to a valuable, loved and historical piece of our collection. But worry not, space marines fans, we at GW are sure you'll love the new true scale space marines, and stay tuned for all the new releases coming in the next months. You'll soon see old and new heroes cross the battlefields of the 41 millennium, and new mighty engines of war will make their appearance soon enough!"

I feel like you're probably right. Feels good to be a deldar player and already have a good selection of the best looking models in the game. Pity about the new archon though.

Only plebs buy keklets from GW. FW Squatstartes are where it's at.

>CSMfags and DEshits take a break from bawling to claim SMfags are whiners

Irony. Let's take a look in this very thread: who is the one to start complaining about someone or something, even despite OP's bait? Oh, it's you faggots.

They're still manlets. 10.000 years old manlets

Straight legs count for a lot, but ignoring the giant thing stuck to his head he's about as tall as the deathguard marine.

Deathwatch are the same size, as well.

Anyone here have a source for info on chapters of pure Primaris ? I think there was some chapter reconstructed form them - any info and source ?

Yeah. The straighter legs help narrow the gap so that theyre only a slight bit shorter instead of being a full head shorter like the squatting marines.

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Founding#Ultima_Founding

Asstriggered SM player comes crying to defends his ugly, decades old manlet models. Sad, really.

>wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Founding#Ultima_Founding

Ok thanks - but i thoguht someone posted a picture of steal like Primaris with two crossed swords that supposed to be from some chapter that was lost and now reformed thanks to ultima founding

I think they'd have looked a lot nicer if they had the same proportions but were overall slightly smaller, currently they look childishly over sized.

I like them. If they narrowed the lower legs a bit and made the pauldrons look less stupid (I know it's never going to happen, since they're such a distinctive component of the marines) I'd be down.

Personally, I'd have went with a more gothic look for the marines.

Something looks off

can't get an easy sell to the insecure guys that way, though

>when you are such a faggot that you shop chad marines into marinelets because reasons

Nth posts best posts.
Burn all manlet marines

Look at this little chaplainlet, and laugh.

As a chadmarine, I could not feel inspired by any manlet. Ever.
Chads already can't ride in the clown car manlet vehicles.
They shouldn't get buffs from manlets either.

I hate MK4 helmets so much.

Conflicted.

I don't mind the cult marines getting juiced up by DA POWA OF CHAOS and towering over wee mortals, but the Primaris just do nothing for me.

shameless begging

i've been into AoS and 40k for a while, mostly just reading fluff and partaking in the occasional online DoW2 game when it works, and now i wanna get into builing an army, or at least a platoon. i wanna start a squadron smurfs, but i'm broke af, so would a kind user be willing to send me a starter kit or smth?

>ywn have towering beakies

the ones in Dark Imperium are Snapfit, so I doubt it.
Give it time, user. There will be others releases soon, as we haven't seen every model shown in the video-teaser that heralded them.

You're right, the initial shoop was a bit too small, this I think is an ideal medium.
They look hefty and proportional while also not looking like they were made as part of a collaboration with Fisher-Price.

Oops

>GW spends well over 25 years building up a model selection that completely and utterly ignores scale and proportion in all of their games
>randomly release a "truscale" model
Are they redoing their entire line? Why would you pull a properly proportioned model out of your ass like this unless you also intended to fiddle with all your other models? I mean, the new Epic is going to be all one accurate scale this time (remember 3mm titans in an allegedly 6mm game), so I'm getting the feeling they are.

Also, will the new grav transport thing actually be able to hold the number of Primaris it can in the rules? IIRC Rhinos struggle to hold more than 6 marines or something.

I mean they've already been fiddling with the scale on all their models, just go compare some Skitarii or GSC Neophytes to Cadians and see the difference.

Literally perfect. But it is not THAT different than the GW one, considering basing and the power of the warp on the other two guys. I'm already happy enough to have true scale marines

this. I've never been interested in getting space marines because they all looked like midgets, but now these new sculpts are making me reconsider. If they discontinued the midget marines and made this scale the new standard then I would get some.

is this a new leak?

Nah it's just a kitbash, you can tell most of the parts were taken from the Hive Tyrant and St. Celestine kits.

>implying there are any good painters in /wip/

There are no mk4 helmets in that picture

There are no wolves on Fenris either or half-eldar on Macragge.

Marines were scaled just fine before. Compare them to any other 28mm model and they're enormous. The problem was when GW updated guard models, the plastic ones were enormous. I'm honestly tired of the size inflation going on. Everything is huge, and it makes the game awkward.

I'm already at the point where I hate bringing Warhammer to my LGS, because a normal sized army is now enough to fill my trunk. That means I am ONLY playing Warhammer on those nights, when there are 5 other game systems I play and enjoy more. It's not worth the space investment.

I think the Primaris are just a bit too tall compared to the TS or DG.

>not just playing smaller games

Bad taste detected

MK4 is worst armor ever made mate.

>The problem was when GW updated guard models, the plastic ones were enormous.
All their new human sized sculpts are fucking enormous. Skitarii are the same size as Astartes models and Genestealer cultists are TALLER.

How does it feel to be worse than hitler without coasters?

Are thousand sons any good?

It's just scale creep.

It was bound to happen eventually.

The problem is that the scale has crept so far it's pushing into a new baseline.

sure. and i guess random admechs fags and tau warrior are also all too big ???
They were literraly towering marinelets.
So which one is it, every single army being to big or the marinelets being marinelets ?

>Nah it's just a kitbash, you can tell most of the parts were taken from the Hive Tyrant and St. Celestine kits.

hehe, underrated post

>Felix pondered how Calgar might feel about the primarch’s unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older Space Marines were numbered.

>Marinelets squatting confirmed!

basically this.

Manlets are ok if there is no alternative but scratch build true scale marines already looked so much better and now its official: Manlets are shit.

anyone who uses the term manlet is insecure about the size of their penis

99% of truescale looks like shit, like all the ones that greenstuff the thighs and legs. Pic related is one of the very rare good ones.

The best truescale generally just extend the legs with plasticard shims, or use terminator legs, espceially cataphractii and tartaros. Indomitus leg truescale and greenstuff truescale look crappy.

mad manlet detected

Nice reading comprehension. The 'inflation' he speaks of is an ongoing process that started with the guard. So yes, technically everything is too big for 28mm, but ofc updating one factions is the more reasonable thing to do.

Can't wait for people selling all of their manlet marines. I'm gonna buy them all and run 3 battle companies worth of manlets all day erry day.

>selling off your manlets just because they're short
>buying manlets when Primaris exists
>buying GW marines instead of FW

It's like there's not a single thing that's not retarded in your universe.

It is yet another way to encourage players to bin their current armies and buy the latest figures. Good for those of us who don't give a fuck about 'Mu nu releases', as ebay will soon be flooded with loads of cut price Marines for us (who love the game but hate GW sales strategies) to hover up by the bucket load.

snapfit marine vs mk3 vs primaris vs true scale conversion

All this image tells me is what I already know:

- That GW's Mk VII platsic doesn't look too great anymore.
- That FW marks (or their plastic variants) look better than Mk VII and are probably worth keeping.
- That Primaris look way better than bad truescales.
- That bad truescales look bad.

Does anyone have a picture of the Primaris marine GWs gave away if you preordered Dark Imperium? Sprue as well.

AHAHAHA THE GUY ON THE RIGHT

Mint Marauder, ready for battle.

Brother Babylegs teeters into battle.

Astra militarum was a mistake

No matter how hard you try making simple conversions, it's hard to make up for the fact the old GW did everything in Heroic scale and it shows it so many annoying ways.

How do Deathwatch marines stack up? I've heard they're taller but never seen a good comparison pic

>Still only 1 wound
Chaos may have dressed them up nice, but they're still marinelets at heart.

Primaris Marines have two wounds

I'm fine with truescale marines because they make a lot more sense even with Space marine proportions. I want some god damn Chaos Space Marines tho that aren't squatting fuckers

Have we heard absolutely anything about boxed sets yet?

WIP is like 10% top notch painters looking to gloat and get their ego massaged. 25% half decent painters looking for approval and 65% shonky painters looking to get better but still wont thin their paints or take criticism

Retard design. Should be 10% wider at the waist. Tactical armor is described as having 1inch outer caparace of cermite ablative plating, over a plasteel structure sustained by an exoeskeleton with servo actuators...
Any fag inside those armors with those proportions will have a bitch wasp waist. Same for arms, head and most of the miniature.
A nice looking armor design requires a lanky creepy weirdo inside.

Gravis armor have fupa just for you.

Sureee, put your Adress here..

found the GW sales department

What the hell, weren't they suposed to be tall? The height difference is laughable at best.

plasticard extenders are the best with some gear and webbing thrown in there to cover and bulk out the hips. Marines need more tacticool shit, webbing, grenades and pouches from their belts. The image of a tactical marine with the bare armor and a single mag in the bolter is fucking stupid; stick some pouches on that marine, an extra mag on his leg/belt and a holster on that extended leg.