Let's make a chapter 40k

homebrew space marine chapter! I want it to be a chapter wich was nearly wiped out from a plague unleashed by nurgle. so the main theme is tons of dreadnoughts since the plague ate the marines muscles to a point as anyone who survived was a crippled mess. thus a mostly dread chapter. having trouble with colors I like so any schemes is what i'm looking for thanks lads. any ideas on their lore are appreciated.

>Even on death, I still fuck your mother

>Mostly dread

Let's not get carried away now.

kek I wanted the chapter to be mostly dreadnoughts if not all aside from the few hundred marines wich were unaffected by the virus

Maybe you can theme them around Golem folklore.

Also, Carcharodons best paint scheme.

golem folklore eh i'll look into it sounds cool. also what do you think would be the best chapter they could succeed from aside from iron hands they are to obvious and I want some brighter schemes and lots of laurels and flamboyant symbols on the dreads

How recent was this incident?

They'd probably have at least Neophytes or Primaris Marines to replace their lost numbers if it was super recent, or a few squads of marines

I should have added they were fighting on the far reaches of the milky way with the galaxy and happened apon the pox when assisting the machanicum. when the plague killed its marines off the inquisition rather than send supplies deemed the chapter destroyed. this wasnt recent happened before the recent events of the primarius marines.

Have they got a name/theme? That helps with the colors.

Chapter Master Solomon?

Yes. We settled with Implacables, theme is a fist engulfed in flames

Insert "want pants too!" Joke.

Since we're on topic, are carcharodons known for using lots of Dreadnoughts?

hmm last bastions sounded good or something to do with japanese ogres more weeb but im a weeb so om ok with it. any ideas?

uh no I didn't
I think so actually but I wanna homebrew cause im gay

Well, if that's the case, why not pull out those rites of battle tables and roll some stuff.

Oni... Hammers.... Oni... whatever.

Anyways, there's not really a dreadnought painter, so here's some marine color schemes.

Oh that doesn't look bad. I've wanted a nice looking orange themed chapter for a while but couldn't come up with any good schemes.

Could they be a Salamanders' successor?

I like it bright but matching. I would like some white in the scheme maybe and oni hammers might be cool maybe a large use of thunder hammers customized ones

Another Semitic Chapter? We have so many of those >_<

The Sons of Ishtar. The Sephirot.

That'd be pretty awesome. I can goof around with some orange schemes if you'd like.

More like that?

Golems in general are Jewish lore, so...it sort of has to be done

looks good little fisty but still was going to have them have some ties with the mechanicus someone has to fix those dreads. id like the dreads to pop so I imagine the chapter treats the dreads very well with fresh paint and lots of iconography im and eldar player so I like pretty.

Yeah, is fair.

How's that?

could we make this chapter a well known meme/legit chapter on tg? *thinking*

well how can a chapter acquire more dreads then normal ?

Mechanicus connections.

You could still even have Dreadnought HQ choices if you go counts-as Blood Angels with their Librarian dread, or use the Forge World Astartes book and have them be counts-as Salamanders with Bray'arth Ashmantle.
Plus Forge World makes a Chaplain Dreadnought that can be an HQ regardless of chapter choice, so you could have two Dreadnought HQs and make a regular Brigade Detachment.

I was in love with the Idea of the chapter master being a dread might actually do the librarian dread as chapter master could even do a blood angels successor

METAL BOXES marines.

A Marine Chapter that went full retard/ chaos marine after their apothecary found a book from Vile.

blood angels successor. was created to assist mechanicus forces on the outer rim of the milky way. during a mechanicus expedition they release a virus, wich begins eating away at the chapter and is highly contagious. marine survivors are crippled their arms and legs ruined (basically a shit ton of cripples with polio). most marines are dreads now. inquisition abandons them to quarantine the outbreak. some marines were immune to the effects and are still marines virus was quarantined to the planet. mechanicus wishes to keep close ties to the now dozens of machine god constructs and agrees to sponsor the chapter fixing their dreads and wargear.

chapter master librarian pater (father in latin) very fatherly figure with the whole giant dread get up he is in. oldest of the marines in this chapter. uses a hammer arm of some sort you (can make that up) and uh anything else?

what about the black rage?

In the game the Black Rage presents itself an addition attack if the unit charged, and they roll a D6 whenever they take a wound, on the roll of a 6 not taking a wound.
Only the Death Company Dreadnought would have it anyway.

So for HQ choices this army would have:
Librarian Dreadnought
Chaplain Dreadnought*

Elites:
Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought
Ironclad Dreadnought
Contemptor Dreadnought
Death Company Dreadnought
Furioso Dreadnought
Relic Contemptor Dreadnought*
Relic Deredeo Dreadnought*

Heavy Support:
Mortis Dreadnought*
Siege Dreadnought*
Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought*
Relic Leviathan Dreadnought*

Dedicated Transport
Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod*

*Forge World models

Could also make some like Land Speeders and such with their models converted to put some "Dreadnoughts" into fast attack slots on the army.

nice thanks for the list definitely can build around that

ehh?
>Last Bastions

How many could you fit in a 2000pt army?

That guy's stuff is way too tatted up and is blue instead of grey for some reason. Also the tattoos are white instead of black.