/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Forgeworld is maybe getting shit done edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Our last lad:

Sisters of Battle require trigger warning in Veeky Forums

Wew, and here i was thinking we could have a thread without shit slinging. Thanks for starting things off right.

>SoB cucks STILL think they're getting new models after 20 years
would be sad if it weren't so pathetic

Any idea what bonuses if any the different ork clans will be getting?

Can't decide if I want deffskulls or Goff's

And someone got trigger.

Maybe 40k is not for you. Have you try other games where you can have your safe space?

>this

Nth for Cadia is dead and Guard need updated models.

And so do Sisters.

But we did. We got 4 models.

Financially, why would GW refuse to give plastic models for a fairly popular faction?

So with 8th edition out, I'm finally ready to get into 40k after lurking and reading about it forever. Fluff wise I really like the Thousand Sons but I heard they're garbage which sucks. The Plague Marines are close behind them and they just got that sweet new stuff. What do you guys think about either of these armies in general and for someone knew to 40k?

Dat bitch wearing a staff tag?
That store gotta be selling like damn.

Are there any good sisters of battle battle reports for 8th edition?

Everyone needs updated models.

Except marines in all their shapes and form. Well ok just loyalist need to calm their tits with the updates.

I'm getting models updates before I finish painting the models I bought last month

Because the guy you are responding to is an autistic and dedicated shitposter

Can someone post a Auxilia datasheat please. I want to see it.

Part of me wants plastic kits for the other Regiments, but I worry they would mess it up. Like, for example, Vostroyans would probably be ruined if they went with the new cartoony style, and so would Steel Legion.

It's more likely they will just discontinue all the cool regiments anyway

I really don't understand this attitude.

It's fine having favorites. I certainly have mine. But more variety in the game is good, and there's nothing wrong with the SoB besides their lack of decent support from GW

The wonders of china (Hong Kong store if I recall correctly)

So, inspired by the discussion last thread about whether or not you can make Militarum Auxilia your , could you make a Space Marine chapter your and say that your Guardsmen are Chapter Serfs fighting alongside their Space Marine masters?

If you did, would your Guardsman characters give buffs to your Space Marines?

>fairly popular faction

They've explicitly stated that you cannot. The keyword should have been written and to stop the WAAC and other folk from not understanding RAI.

No. This was FAQed, but the easiest way to look at it is that tags keep their type. So when a space marine buffing unit references and you select , then the tag is actually .

Your guards of the regiment are actually . So the tags don't match.

>Vostroyan Firstborn
>"Tremulous Banneryodeler"
i was not worried and now i am because of you.

BITTER WITHIN BITTER WITHOUT

Well I use Swarmlord and genestealers in my . I have a mind control helm akin to what vespid leaders are used embedded on the head of swarmlord.
Inb4 someone takes me seriously.

Anyone ever made like a hover-dreadnought or a Land Speeder piloted by a Sarcophagus or something?

I was thinking that could be a neat conversion to make since I was looking at running an almost entirely Dreadnought army for kicks and that would let me have some "Dreadnoughts" as fast attack too.

You can have guard and space marines in the same army fighting side by side becuse they both have and will share any buffs and rules that apply to the keyword.

But they will not share anything else even if you name your and the same thing.

Oh sweet summer child. You have no idea.
The bloody bitches are constantly selling out as soon something show ups, even for their old models. Third parties are making money with bootleg versions.

There is a market, big enough for third parties to try and get a cut.

Why GW never does something with them is a question people in GW ask themselves too

That actually sounds legitimately entertaining for a narrative game. If your opponent can kill the MC'd swarmlord, the rest of the Swarm goes berserk (Controlled by the other player? By a third player?)

oi stealing my idea!

>deathskulls
+1 to loot
>bad moonz
+1 to snoot
>goffs
+1 to boot
>snakebitez
+1 to root
>blood axes
+1 to cahoot
>evil sunz
+1 to scoot

10/10

As a matter of fact

Oh, I was actually making Salamanders because I wanted Bray'arth Ashmantle, and my friend already sold me two Ironclads, a Chaplain dread and a Venerable, so that's already most of an army once I get Bray'arth and some troops.

No idea yet till their indivisual indexes come out. I'd think it would be cool if it went something maybe like this:
Goffs: +1 to Attacks on units with Ere' We Go. Various command benefits as well.
Deffskulls: Can bring looted vehicles.
Bad Moonz: All have a +1 to their armour saves.
Snakebites: Universal 6+ FnP for units with Ere We Go. More squig and grot units available to them.
Scarlet Sunz: All vehicles move 2 inches more and all fast vehicles/bikes/planes gain a jinx-like ability.
Freebootas: +1 to their leadership and BS.

If you really like Thousand sons then go for it my dude, The meta changes all the time and one army will not always suck/be god tier, just pick your favorite man.

That's a man.

You don't own this idea.
You are makeing yours.
He wants to convert some counts as landspeeders.
And I bought 6 dreadnoughts on launch day of 8th to build my nought only list.

We all had the idea and we should all make them.

I'm sorry user, take some good Guard art to compensate.

Forgot blood axes like da grot i iz.
Blood Axes: All units with Ere' We Go can deploy infiltrated or in reserves to come in from a random board edge.

My fiancée that I've been with for 3 years just broke up with me and kicked me out. I just got the Dark Imperium box set and have all of my stuff but it still feels hollow

Help me feel better elegan/tg/entlemen?

People will pay more.

This does bother me as a Chaos player for a few reasons though.

You can take a Daemon Prince in a CSM or a CD army. The Prince in CSM has while the Prince in CD has . What this means is that a CSM Prince of Khorne is a Daemon with the Mark of Khorne, but is not a Khorne Daemon.

That seems a little wonky if you ask me. (Granted this issue was in 6 and 7e).

Getting back to my dark eldar with the 8th. Haven't had a chance to properly consider all the rules changes with work schedule and stuff, so what's changed in a nutshell? Are wyches worth taking now?

The split fire rules make it seem that dark lances might occasionally be handy in kabalite squads. And raiders cost a fortune now.

EVEN BETTER!

sounds cool i'm stuck on my own color scheme for my dread army as well as a back story

yeah i'm just messing with him wanna pool our efforts and make a cool dread chapter?

On that note if anyone has the dark imperium box > Death guard codexlet > Malignant Plaguecaster entry

- That bit where they name all of the other flavours of [Adj. Verb-Noun] nurgle caster?
It's basically an Eighth of Shitmar meme in and of itself.
Anyone mind dropping a pic?

I want them for conversions/variety's sake but I honestly like the metals a lot. A few of them look pretty bad but they're far from hideous.

>variety is good
Swede libcuck spotted.
How's that variety working for you?

>Offer to split it in a weirdly sexualised craigslist ad

Something like:
>the player using MC-helm must bring hive tyrant and exactly 3 units of tyranid INFANTRY units. When the tyrant takes damage you lose control of the INFANTRY units according to the table above at the start of your turn. The player controlling the hive tyrant chooses which unit he loses control over. The opposing players controls those units for the rest of the game. If they tyrant is slain you immediately lose control of all the tyranid INFANTRY units.
You control 3/2/1 units with the normal damage breakpoints for hive tyrant. T'au player has to use nids aggressively to zerg them as fast as possible for them to not bite him back later if the tyrant starts to losing it.

What would the Empire do if a group of Orcs, Tau, or Eldar expressed the desire to convert to the Imperial Faith, and surrendered all their weapons as a gesture of good faith?

Pre and Post Rowboat's resurrection.

Start exercising, it will make you feel better

>that tau helmet

Not really as I am going 100% Dreadnoughts my only option is Blood Angels becuse that's the only Dreadnought HQ. So I am just Blood Angels and that's cool becuse it looks fun and I have never had a blood angel army before

I wish the closet transexual would have an autistic meltdown. That way mods would finally ban him.

I know one of you fucklechucks has the Forgeworld Xenos index. C'mon!

They would purge. Xenos cant be trusted.

Thats the standard pathfinder helm

Anyone got the inquisition land raider page?

Build a no-girls-allowed fort out of the boxes of your wargaming stuff. This will also help if you're actually homeless after being kicked out.

its because geedubz doesnt want fat neckbeards that play only female armies cluddering up their hobby again.

>What would the Empire do if a group of Orcs
>Surrendered all their weapons
Every Imperial military mind would explode from how impossible this would be.

I'm curious about the new PDFs going up on Mega. What software is being used to convert the epub3 files while remaining searchable?

Crypteks really need to be able to take a 20-40 point tomb blade bike.

It's not out yet idiot

So, anybody got there hands on the Death Korps book? any pdf's released for the forge world stuff?

S T O P
T H I S
M E M E

It hasn't been released yet, user. FW doesn't send physical copies to stores ahead of time like GW does, so it's not likely that there will be premature leaks.

>Granted this issue was in 6 and 7e
No, daemon princes never had marks of chaos, they were always "daemon of (god)." Marks only came into play when a guy became a DP and whatever mark he had determined his "daemon of (god)"

>t. retarded fa/tg/uy pretending to be a /pol/ack

But user they made the Tau, something directed towards the fat weebs that hot glue anime dolls.

At least SoB player end being a bit more fit due to all the metal

I rest my case.

>that's the only Dreadnought HQ
Actually Forge World has a Chaplain Dreadnought and a Salamanders character that is a dreadnought, Bray'arth Ashmantle.

Either that or GW has a lot of creative sterility going on and they don't know what to do with "yet another Power Armor" army, one that is so thematically locked into only 3 weapons.

>Will trade half of Dark Imperium set. Nurgle for Slaanesh if you know what I'm sayin'

I already do for the Marines, but this is solid advice.

I don't have enough to make Dorn proud

Tell me about dreadnoughts!

Im a salamander player so ive got a few built

venerables seem pretty beefy with the feel no pain and 3 heavy flamers plus a fist seems like a good plan

Ironclads will murder anything big but getting them there is now more of an issue than ever

Dakka Dreads I was never a fan of but for the points maybe a basic layout could be okay

Dont have a contemptor but Ill say the 9inch movement and better assault cannon or melta is gonna be nasty

So i plan on making pic related with a talos, give it a pair of soul burners, in the form of the twin dark lances
however, i need some legs; which legs would look good?

Wez kangz of this edition.

Seriously. We are pretty dam good. I have won every game so far...although that might be because I was just so used to playing super tactical from 7th, and now I have a decent army to do it with.

Sort of like going from having to resuscitate someone with your bare hands to having a defibrillator.

We now have proper tools to do what we need to.

As for Wyches they are alright. Being able to pick combat drugs really helps!

As for raiders, my usual Troops unit in 7th cost 170pts. Now costs 200pts. So not that big a hike, and for those 30pts the raider trippled in surviability, got a (practical) speed boast.

So all in all. Pretty good.

Oh and grab yourself a Voidraven. Its so dam good now.

>Zog 'em!: This unit may fire at an enemy unit even if they are engaged in combat with an allied unit during the Shooting Phase. When rolling to hit a result of 5 hits a friendly model while a 6 hits an enemy model.

Expand the fire and angel theme.

Yeah it's less about power gaming and more about just not getting run over by people. Plus Ahriman is awesome but apparently Magnus and his spicy new model is a beast

It would be far easier to grab WH codex and go ballistic with the AoF mechanics.

Keep the army simple gear wise. Go wild with support and AoF mechanics.

Hell model wise they could make two kits maybe three tops for general guns and special guns, heavy weapons and one of running models (for Dominions and Seraphims like units)

am i going to ahve a bad time?

Black Legion 2k points 9 command points
Brigade Detachment

Chaos Lord (1) - 101pts
1 Chaos Lord: Plasma Pistol,Power fist

Sorcerer (1) - 102pts
1 Sorcerer: Force sword,Bolt pistol

Warpsmith (1) - 109pts
1 Warpsmith: Power axe,Mechatendrils,Meltagun,Flamer,Bolt pistol

Chaos Space Marines (10) - 172pts
1 Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol,Chainsword
1 Chaos Space Marine: Missile launcher,Bolt pistol
1 Chaos Space Marine: Meltagun,Bolt pistol
7 Chaos Space Marine: Boltgun,Bolt pistol

Chaos Space Marines (10) - 172pts
1 Chaos Space Marine: Meltagun,Bolt pistol

Chaos Space Marines (10) - 168pts
1 Chaos Space Marine: Plasma gun,Bolt pistol

Horrors (10) - 100pts
10 Pink Horror

Horrors (10) - 100pts
10 Pink Horror

Horrors (10) - 100pts
10 Pink Horror

Helbrute (1) - 130pts
1 Helbrute: Reaper autocannon,Helbrute fist

Helbrute (1) - 132pts
1 Helbrute: Reaper autocannon,Helbrute fist with combi bolter

Helbrute (1) - 130pts
1 Helbrute: Reaper autocannon,Helbrute fist

Chaos Spawn (1) - 33pts
1 Chaos Spawn: Hideous mutations

Chaos Spawn (1) - 33pts

Chaos Spawn (1) - 33pts

Havocs (5) - 165pts
1 Aspiring Champion: Boltgun,Chainsword
4 Chaos Space Marine: Lascannon,Bolt pistol

Havocs (5) - 105pts
1 Aspiring Champion: Boltgun,Chainsword
4 Chaos Space Marine: Heavy bolter,Bolt pistol

Havocs (5) - 115pts
1 Aspiring Champion: Boltgun,Bolt pistol
3 Chaos Space Marine: Heavy bolter,Bolt pistol
1 Chaos Space Marine: Autocannon,Bolt pistol

user, GW is nothing if not creative about shitting out the same army with minor variations.

You mean it's no longer a loss by default? Sweet, thanks brah!

They're pretty fucking good now. Venoms and Raiders are both really tanky, split fire rules were incredible, and dark lances/blasters are both crazy good weapons that you can get all over your army. Both Power From Pain and Ynnari are viable ways to build the list, though note that if you go Ynnari, you can't have ANY haemonculus covens units or mandrakes in your army.

Also mandrakes are really fucking good now. They might be the best unit in the index.

> Marine
Found the problem. At least you weren't married, cause then it would be "there goes my retirement".
Just get stationed abroad and slam some randoms jarhead.

yep, hoping they don't make steel legion/vostroyan plastics

theyd fuck em up royally

Bleh, I should have clarified more. Mondays.

The fact that "Daemon of X" and "Mark of X" were not identical for purposes of assorted restrictions led to general weirdness, like the fact you could join a Sorcerer of Slaanesh to a unit of Flesh Hounds from Khorne Daemonkin, since you couldn't join a unit with a different *Mark*.

What happens if we get a model that gets bonus Khorne Daemons or something like that this edition? Does the Chaos player get to go "nope, he's not a Khorne Daemon, he's just a Daemon with the Mark of Khorne."

Because I know that will happen. Spergs gonna sperg. (See: "can hive guard shoot" in 5e, since their models have no eyes)

Please no, introduce a rule like that an everyone will want it.
>guard should get it because it's the men's duty to die for the imperium
>dark eldar should get it because they're bastards
>chaos should get it because they're also bastards
>tau should get it because those warriors die for the greater good
>tyranids should get it because they get the biomass back
>craftworld eldar should get it because it's fluffy for them to die in large numbers

Women aren't allowed in any of my hobbies.
There's like a 12 pt interest exam and they always fail.

>Scarlet Sunz: All vehicles move 2 inches more and all fast vehicles/bikes/planes gain a jinx-like ability.

EVIL SUNZ. GET IT RIGHT, GIT

Hmmmmm I own the Chaplain dreadnought I will be makeing him a Death Company Dreadnought.

So if I went this way it would be a new list I would lose the Blood angel Dreadnoughts and as I bought those that would be a problem as I don't have the extra arms to make them generic.

But more importantly I have kinda fallen in love with my Blood Angel Dreadnoughts and I am happy with the list. So I wish you the best of luck with your Dreadnoughts! As one user told me.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

True, marine are basically different colour scheme with random bits thrown into them. Some how that makes an entire different army.

Could you imagen if Eldar had codex yellow, codex red and codex black for wraith heavy, bike heavy and psyker heavy Eldar armies?

What power level is that exam?

Voidraven or Jetfighter?

So need other opinions since another guy was disliking him for his cost last thread and I plan on putting a servoharness on the Masters of The Chapter guy with a Thunder hammer.

Really just have to figure out is he worth the extra points considering his Plasma cutter is masterworked and doesn't kill him and the reroll aura on top of the face that he is actually prety good at killing stuff with the 2+ to hit and 2+ to wound against pretty much everything that isnt a vehicle.

You're underestimating how many socially phobic neets will be scared off by a qt grill running the store, especially with GW's hard-sell philosophy for anyone who looks old enough to own a credit card increasing the odds she'll try to talk to them about Primaris™ Space Marine™ Interdictors™ and cause them to spaghetti.

like me

These cost 120 points each but they're pretty good for Ironclads.