>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK

>Weekly Recap
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/announcement-week-and-weekend-recap-2017-06-19

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/4F4Gz

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
New Pseudo-Gods give you a stiffy or a softy?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hanna-ships-combo-and-control/
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/darkest-hour-part-1-2017-06-19
blogs.magicjudges.org/rulestips/2015/01/manifest-and-commander-damage/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Colorless Mana Creatures, any know of any others for my EDZ deck?

Friendly reminder that if you don't keep your commander in a different color sleeve then you won't be able to follow the rules of the format and are cheating.

Palladium Myr seems like an easy inclusion

Su chi

Wow

locust god goes infinite with Saheeli
What the fuck were they thinking

Post some under-appreciated cards.

Crystalline Crawler
Workhorse

Good work not putting EDH in the subject line. I love having a hard time searching the catalog.

>Thread Question:
>New Pseudo-Gods give you a stiffy or a softy?

I was initially disappointed by The Scorpion God and its Invocation, especially the Invocation, but the more I look at it the more subtle brewing I come up with. I'm looking forward to see what the other Pseudo-Gods bring and what their Invocations look like.

Manakin and Millikin
Plague Myr

its kind of eh. good body and provides a pretty decent attrition for control decks. Depends on what the other gods do, but i dont think this will see a lot of play

Metalworker if you're heavy on artifacts.

?

How?

>locust god goes infinite with Saheeli
Where the spoiler at? Nothing on Mythic so far.

Awesome, thanks guys!

I got practically all the rocks now I need to start replacing some with creatures

He's not very flashy but I think he'll end up being one of the best rakdos commanders.

How many pillowfort cards do you need before your deck is considered a pillowfort deck? Just Ghostly Prison, Propaganda, and Sphere of Safety, or would it have more?

I am almost sad that I am finishing up my Mogis build to fill my Rakdos slot when this guy leaked.

He is much more in line with my usual play style and I do love me some card advantage.

I wish Locust God was BG but everyone keeps thinking they will be the Grixis all together (UB, UR, BR)

Those are just the face cards of pillowfort. You would, as with most archetypes, have ~10-15 cards with similar effects to achieve it.

Norn's Annex, No Mercy maybe Archangel of Tithes... the list goes on.

norns annex, the prison that makes the opponent pay x where x is the amount of basic lands you have

I only play the following in my Marchesa punisher deck:

>island sanctuary
>solitary confinement
>sphere of safety
>kazuul, tyrant of the cliffs

I think that's all I play I really should get a ghostly prison for the deck but I don't know what I'd cut to include it, maybe the sun titan as I've been less and less impressed with it as I've moved up in cmc on most enchantments.

>everyone keeps thinking they will be the Grixis all together (UB, UR, BR)
That's because it's been confirmed already. They will also all have a static ability and an activated ability that sinergize with each other, and will all go back to hand when they die.

>a million shitty invocation spoilers
>still no new Gods

They are doing this on purpose right?

Anyways, hope we get a legendary G/W cat too.

I haven't updated my Modern Jund since after Dragons of Tarkir, what's some shit I should be running? Can link a deck list if people care.

I know I need Fatal Push.

I see. I posted a decklist earlier for Hanna that I have labeled as combo and pillowfort, but I felt like that tag wasn't very apt because I don't run very many pillowfort pieces. I'd like to, but I'm already above 99 as is.

Wrong thread, this is the EDH thread.

could be good
give me a good g/w one wizards

link/picture?
I haven't seen the locus god.

Shit, oh well then.
Thanks.

>not playing Hana control
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/hanna-ships-combo-and-control/

see Where did they confirm it btw? Was it in the story or something?

If the UB god doesn't have "UB: Draw a FUCKING card." I'm not interested

It was confirmed in MaRo's articulate today

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/darkest-hour-part-1-2017-06-19

it's still early in spoiler season, they aren't going to reveal the flashy legendaries immediately.

be patient, user, they prolly aren't going to be that great anyway

why do people troll and why do people fall for it :/

damn

I hope the UR god is Kek and he is a combo machine.

he comes into play, kikki jiki target creature or planeswalker.
embalmed creatures tokens instead return their main card from exile.

Cause wizards is incompetent to believe that it's true

This is why spoiler season is dogshit, it's just a bunch of WotC shills drip feeding a set to us to create "hype".

I'm more interested in Ixalan from some chump stealing a rare sheet than I've ever been in a set post BFZ.

the kek card would bring back coin flipping

The Lord of Extinction and Nicky B Doomsday look pretty baller.

The Frog God
4UR
Legendary Creature - God
When you cast your first instant or sorcery spell each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
2UR: Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
When The Frog God dies, return it to its owner's hand at the beggining of the next end step.
4/4

I NEEEED IT

If you give Deus of Calamity Double Strike does it pop two lands?

what rule?

Read the link in the OP.
Or the last thread if you need it completely spoonfed

>Deus of Calamity

Yes, as it triggers during the first strike step, and then the next.

>that fucking discord link no one has noticed for 4 threads
Hilarious.

I fucking love The Scorpion God's design. The recursion ability is much stronger and much more thematic than the 'indistructable but does nothing' subtheme of all the other gods.

Because no one gives a shit about it. People notice but just don't care enough to sperg out over it.

Not true. No formats require sleeves. In fact sleeving differently is technically against the rules as effects may shuffle your commander into your deck and you may choose to let it.

I thought indestructibility/devotion clause made sense for Theros as the gods were more abstract thoughts/things given form.

However the Amonkhet gods seemed completely out of place. Indestructible creatures that cant attack/block arbitrarily

Because they're brainwashed and obedient to Nicol Bolas.

Thank the heavens for that, it was downright annoying.

It's because your commander can get shuffled into your deck that different colored sleeves are needed retard. You always get to know what card is your commander, for purposes of commander damage and replacement effects. If you it gets shuffled in and effect like Bomats Courrier would exile it face down you still have to be able to know, since you can choose to send it to the command zone instead.

Why would you argue about something you clearly know nothing about?

>your commander can get shuffled into your deck

Tuck was removed over a year ago.

>UB legend
>Having any abilities that aren't related to Mill

You're in for disappointment.

You're the only one who believes this. That rule you cited last thread only states that being a commander is an innate physical property of the card, that doesn't mean you get to know what card is your commander at all times. Being scratched is a physical property of the card, but that doesn't mean you get to know which card is the scratched card.

You can let it get shuffled in or get mindslavered.

Are you really so stupid that you did not realize that?

> 4/4
> not 7/7

Up the mana if ye must cause 'it' ain't no Nancy Boy!

You do know that you can choose not to return it to the command zone and allow it to be tucked, right?

As a "may" clause. You can for whatever reason choose to let your commander be tucked. If you do, I think the other dude is right, you still need a way to track where it is in case of "exile face down" abilities giving you another chance to send it to command zone.

I mean, it's a situation that I can't ever see coming up, but it's there.

Why would I ever let it get shuffled in? That's fucking retarded.

>Bomat Courier
Please show a ruling on Bomat Courier in commander that isn't "Obviously, you moron."

That's not the point of what he's arguing. The point is that he's saying you should be allowed to know exactly what card in your deck is your commander at all times if it does get shuffled.

>that doesn't mean you get to know what card is your commander at all times

I'm curious as to how you think morph and manifest works with commander damage. Are people just surprise killed when you reveal that they are dead to state based effects?

No you fucking idiot. Everybody has got to know that shit.

I'm not even the guy he's arguing with, I pointed out tuck was removed and he sperged at me like a fucking chimp.

I use different sleeves for my commanders so I don't just scoop them up at the end of the game, plus I love using different sleeves that look cool but are likely ass to shuffle 99 of.

>Mill
u fukn fagt ur going to jinx it

If it's morphed or manifested, then it's not fucking commander damage. It's just a 2/2 colorless creature with no name or types at that moment.

Hypothetically speaking: Your commander is Phage, the Untouchable. You already cheated her into play once with Command Beacon, someone wants to tuck her for some reason instead of killing or exiling. You don't have a way to recur the Beacon handy, but you do have a tutor to put her on top of your deck once she's shuffled in.

same reason you would let it hit any other zone. You can get it out more efficiently then the command zone.

I let plenty of my commanders die knowing it would be easier to get them out of the graveyard then pay the tax.

You don't get a choice if youre mindslaved.

Also for my creatureless melek deck I have to tuck him so I can reorganize my library.

UR god will have prowess

blogs.magicjudges.org/rulestips/2015/01/manifest-and-commander-damage/

>Not exclusively using oversized card as your commander and letting them get "shuffled" into your library
I can't believe all of you play this format wrong. WotC made oversized commander cards for a reason.

That is wrong, a morphed commander is still a commander and still deals commander damage.

"As such, "Commander-ness" cannot be copied or overwritten by continuous effects. The card retains it's commanderness through any status changes, and is still a commander even when controlled by another player."

There is never a way for your commander to not have the commander property.

I think scorpion god is pretty solid in a grixis or even jund control deck just by merit of being an unkillable 6/5 if you have a sac engine to dodge exile
certainly not cedh viable but still

remember who you are

You announce that it's your commander, it doesn't need its own sleeve. Just like how if it gets put in your hand, they just have to know that it's in your hand. They don't get to know which card in your hand it is. If it's in your library, they just get to know it's in your library, not where.

Well, then that's bullshit and they should undo that fucking rule, because it makes no sense. It forces you to reveal to your opponents that it is, in fact, your opponent, completely going against what morph and manifest are doing. It's counterintuitive and against gameplay design of those abilities.

You got a source for that bub, because I sited my ruling last thread.

It sounds like you are just talking out your ass.

How do you deal with Bomats Courrier and the replacement effect. It's a commander all the time, no matter the zone, who controls it, who controls you, etc.

The answer is you are a faggot and wrong. Learn to play.

You're not wrong. Commander damage in general is a very poorly implemented rule. It's needed, just not thought out.

Name calling gets you nowhere, user. The rule you cited last thread said nothing about having to know EXACTLY where it is at all times. If it's not explicitly stated then I don't have to. You're talking out of your ass just as much as anyone else because you're choosing to interpret the rule that way and being obnoxious about it as well.

Real fucking spicy

Oh fuck that's nice.

too bad it doesnt retain the ability

Dark Depths anybody?

OH BOY

I wish someone in charge of edh rules actually stopped for a second and thought properly about that issue. I'm not really on par with how else it's poorly implemented, but I don't doubt it. Suppose it's mostly in corner cases/mechanics barely nobody uses, though.

>I will stack the triggers first targeting elesh norn then targeting xenagod
>first trigger goes off
>all opponents tokens die
>second trigger goes off
>you know have a xenagod and can swing for out at the token guy

Oh shit, you're right. I doubt it'll be faster to pull off than Thespian Stage, but it's nice to have the same interaction.

so how about that dinosaur tribal commander

HAHAHAHAHA OH WOW
Such shit. Is there even any point to this card? Newbie bait?

less interesting than the pirate one but ill be damned if i dont build dino tribal

necropotence

At Sorcery speed, literally nothing.

Wouldn't you be forced to sac either elesh or mirror-elesh? unless your opponent have 4/3s or 4/4 for tokens there is no need for another elesh.

I came a little thinking about copying something like Strionic in Xenagos