Tfw there will never be a good Evangelion system

>tfw there will never be a good Evangelion system

How could a system be good when the source material is shit?

Seems like that's /thread folks.

Please. Threads don't ever end with a /thread. If anything it only encourages the contrarians to push the thread further down the line. You're stuck with this thread for... well, if it doesn't die tonight it'll last for two or three days.

>t. contrarian
Thread was slashing nicely until you posted

I mean you really just need a system that can handle giant robot battles well, and some players that are willing to play mentally and emotionally damaged people to the hilt.

Haha! I saged. I'm saging now. If the thread is going to survive it's not gonna be because of me.

You're practically begging a contrarian to bump it with that post.

What about Adeptus Evangelion? Is it actually any good?

fpbp

It's dogshit. Every edition of it is dogshit. 2.5/vBorderline are based off of DH1e, and poorly at that, while v3 is just an absolute clusterfuck of mechanics and bloat and trap options.

Make one yourself, faggot.

Why does it need its own system? You can run it in any good generic system.

Shinji = Bitch.

Reminder that when making the show he had no fucking idea what the symbolism he was doing meant.

>poor escapist douche trying to troll
It would be funny how pathetic it was if it didn't work so well on the idiots.

>What is Hedgehog Dilemma

It's beautiful that, even at 20 years of nearly universal critical acclaim, you can still find contrarians and idiots who just know for a fact that their extremely outlying opinion happens to be the right one because it's different.

You people sound like high schoolers trying to talk about how Shakespeare is actually just bad and nothing he wrote was ever good or important.

Are you that threatened by genius, by the realization that the masses will never recognize your achievements?

Anno knew full well what the symbols meant, he just didn't care and didn't seeks to use them beyond aesthetics for his show.
There's far more Buddhist and Shinto actual symbolism that's lost of the Western audiences who just masturbate to the mentally broken waifus or try to pretend it's got some DEEP CHRISTIAN message.

Is there really anything in the setting that would make it difficulty to work in with a generic setting? The real hurdle would be players/DM that could get into the mindset.

>generic setting?
I'm retarded, generic system*

Battle Century G with Z's trauma ruleset does it just fine.

This is good pasta but i'm afraid the chef might really believe in it so i'm afraid to enjoy

Death of the author says you should feel free to dig in.

Well, we're trying, but there's only so much you can do with the base material.