/40kg/ Warhammer 40k General

Waiting for Xeno index edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
youtube.com/watch?v=E9_Hfo5vlVU&t=519s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So uh, anybody wanna take a screen grab of the Sisters of Battle Repressor tank in the damn Forgeworld book. I ain't buying a whole book for one god damn tank. But I have one, and want the new rules for it.

Did anybody say 'Suffer Not The Alien to Live' ?

100 Power list

inb4 some autistic manchild doesn't know the difference between FACTS and OPINIONS

The rules for everything except marines will be released on the 23rd

Go into the previous thread or the archives and you can grab the Imperium forgeworld pdf.

How do you get chainswords on the attack bike? I don't see an option anywhere for them to take swords.

Nice looks good.

>mfw the rulebook removed the cool timeline features showing off dozens of battles for a focus on several warzones/campaigns which are already resolved by the end of their dedicated section

cool moving storyline guise...

>power

After ordering "Warhammer 40,000: 8th Edition The Rules", "Index: Imperium 1", and "Index: Xenos 2", I learned one thing; I fucking hate FedEx.

I'm jealous of elite armies sometimes. I spent so much on my Guard/Scions/Inquisition/Ministorum pieces. So many conversions and cheap ass models to fill in the points.

It would be nice to have like 20 models and some tanks and play at 2k points.

inb4 some autistic manchild declares himself the authority on trannies

Well clocks out at 2600 points, so defentely better on power

Death Korps twofingered horses of deadly death are coming

>mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw

Thanks, didn't know it was already uploaded to the OP mega directory.

Daily reminder: taking anything other than the Eviscerator on your canoness means you're a chump.

So hyped. So ready to use my rough riders as count as death riders.

Start a grey knight/ nidzilla/ tau suit list. Easy to start

Fuck. Why are they starting with Chaos and Space Marines...

Fuck. That thing is fucking awesome.

I would but I got a lot of work ahead of me. I just built a bunch of death cults, crusaders and rough riders from fantasy/sigmar models. They are my feral world recruitments.

>why are they starting with their most popular and best selling items

>Why are they starting with Chaos and Space Marines...

Can't wait to see how good the Tantalus is going to be! No hype for the Reaper with it being haywire but surely the Tantalus will be good!

>why does a company start with their best selling products???

Ork starter set when?

>Evicerator is 22 points
>Maul is 4

The Evicerator is a 40% damage boost for a 550% cost increase.

you can't give the frag cannon guys chainswords

>90 snapfit boyz and a multipart Warboss

I am ready!

Decent IG Starter Set when?

Maul is the best thing ever to give S3 and T3 models. It's so cheap. I'm loading up on all the models I can with them. Especially Acolytes. I need good Maul models though. Any ideas?

This is exactly why power level is shit though

I'd say it's good now, but it's not only because of the Leman. If it came with the Demolisher kit for the Lemans, it would be perfect. But it comes with all the shit variants.

in 8th can you move your models vertically in the air? can you climb and obstacle and stop mid-way? do you have to spend 1/2-1" of movement to climb up a barricade when crossing it and another 1/2-1" when landing on the ground level?

not trying to rules or waacfag here but this is important to me

With greatcoat guard user. Believe in the Emperor!

Only primaris marines and deathguard get a starter set.

>people don't remember AoBR

What if I like power axes as well?
It is fine, the strength isn't too low right?

I want to field Typhus for my DG since he is better than a regular Lord of Corruption, but his mini didn't age very well and I was wondering if I could convert him from a LoC mini since they are really similar looking and I allready have a LoC anyway.

I don't know how to recreat his exhaust pipes on his back tho. Any ideas ? Also, what the best scythe I can lay my hands on to replace the big axe ? Pic related, what I have in mind.

>Not taking a storm bolter and keeping your standard bolted for 6 shots at close range

m8

It's still more efficient at pure killing though. And on a character that isn't going to ever die, it's a wise investment.

too low for vehicles but you're better against marines (on S3 models that is)

Was that 5th edition?
Old news grandpa.

Played Ynnari Harlequins vs Tau. Probably on of the best games of 40k I have ever played. Harlequins are no longer auto-lose to Tau and Tau is still strong but more balanced internally and externally.

I remember Black Reach. I'm trying to find more boyz from there right now.

Are dreadnoughts decent this edition or do they still spontaneously combust on the first turn?

Fuck yeah glad to hear it bro

Gentlemen, I found something interesting today.

To sum up this chart, Boneswords and Lashbones just went from good but pricey, to absolutely terrible.

For 41 points, I can get the best CC weapons for my Tyrant.

For free, I can get the second best.

If I'm a pillow humping retard, I can get Boneswords for 6 points less than the Scytals.

If I'm somehow dumber than that and want to save 10 points, I can take Lashbones, the worst weapons for Tyrants.

Am I right, or am I just missing something? I really hope I'm just missing something.

yeah like that fucking retard from last thread who didn't get that power level is factually worse than points and wouldn't stop sperging about it when it was pointed out to him by multiple people

For the scythe, just snip off the lower part of the axe and place it sideways where the top part is.

4 days till xenos get titans too
Each one will probably have its own role reflective of its faction
But we know which will be the shootiest and which will charge knights

Those are fine too. S4 -2AP is solid. I just like being able to boop T8 things on 5+.

I think you're missing the fact that Lash Whips come with an extra special rule that's utility focused rather than damage.

threadly reminder that power levels are objectively worse than points, and you should feel ashamed of yourself if you're considering using PL

They're good man, Dreads feel great now. You can't just march them raw at a million anti-tank weapons of course but they stand up great to just about everything. Check this comparison video

youtube.com/watch?v=E9_Hfo5vlVU&t=519s

just buy the fw hh variant
it means you don't cut up your lord of contagion aswell and he's quite useful if only to fill an hq slot

Im curious to hear how the game went. What did the Tau use, and how did it go?

Guilliman and Bjorn chatting about the good ole days when?

Question: The combat drug Serpentin says "Serpentin: +1 Weapon Skill (i.e. WS 3+ becomes WS 2+)"

Because it says i.e. rather than e.g. can I argue that unless something has WS 3+ it can't benefit from this drug? :P

Yeah, just a typo

I noted that, but it still underperforms. Besides, that rule will come into play a minority of the time, as your Tyrant will either be shot to death or attack first in combat due to charge then die anyways.

You can always argue things. But you would be incorrect.

The problem with it is that every weapon Tau have either put out a shitload of shots or is an anti tank weapon.

>:P
You seem lost my friend. Let me help you:
>>>/reddit/
>>>/anywherebut4chan/

As IG I feel like Power is not balanced. I can take a Scion Squad with 4 Plasma, that deeps strikes in rapid and hits on 3s for 3 points. I can take Vets with Flamers and Lascanons in Chimera with heavy flamer for 11. I've been rolling people at my lgs with just free special weapons on my undercosted units because people don't want to play points yet.

kys

>people rightly complain about how 7th was shit because it had formations that gave hundreds of points of free shit
>GW fixes the problems in 8th by removing formations and even making you pay for summoning so no one can get free points anymore
>almost everyone cheers this as a good move
>some retards then decide to play power levels, where some armies end up with literally hundreds of points of free shit
Explain this.

>T3 3+/4++ 5W
>never going to die

This is a very easy conversion to do.

Start by getting a hold of this Scythe from the Warhammer/AoS Putrid Blightkings.

The pipes could be made from cutting plastic tube at an angle and adding some greenstuff to the bottom so it looks like they are growing from the armor.

Don't you try and spergy RAW bullshit fuck dark eldar you filthy shit face.

This would be a reasonable argument if we were taking about the best weapons for all the 2A Superiors in your army. But we are talking about a 4A Canoness.

Have you considered
KYS

lol you fucking retard just about every single weapon in the game either puts out a lot of shots or is an anti tank weapon

Because I've played 3 games set up for power levels and had a great time in every single one.

>factually

Here we go again

I remember that GW mentioned about using Custodes as HQs or something like that before 8E came out. What or where are the rules for it?

>I mopped the floor with the cucked army that means it's good

>i.e.
should have used "e.g."

too bad they don't have fancy admin staff at their office to fix all these dumb mistakes, e.g., every professional office that drafts official language for anything anywhere.

to answer your question, yes you can argue that. RAW the only time it applies is then you take a WS 3+ unit to WS 2+ using the drugs.

>character than can restore wounds on a roll of 2+ when you want to.
>ever dying

That's because the whole edition is better, not because power levels, stop justifying idiocy with fallacious arguments.

Thoughts on how to bump this up to 1,500? Also ways to make it battle-forged?

Uh man anything better than a cultist is going to do 5 wounds to this in one fight phase.

>talking game on her melee
>using AoF for healing

Hrm

>2 armies (space marines and admech) can have loads of points of free shit
>unbalanced

>every single army can have loads of points of free shit
>balanced

Do you see? Also, remember that power levels have been set in the expectation that people will take lots of upgrades, which is why (for example) a space marine scout squad costs more than a tactical squad under that system.

Need more HQs to make it battle-forged I'd say

T3 4++ with 5 Wounds will get utterly raped to death in one round of combat against almost anything in my army before it gets a chance to restore wounds. The fuck shit tier lists are you playing against?

Thats my problem. The Archon with a blaster hits 74 points and just dumping him with some kabalites seems mad expensive.

That's a good model, but I meant for other people like sergeants in infantry squads and acolytes and shit like that. I guess I could look into a Skitarii kit. The one where they have those beat stick shock weapons.

+1 HQ +1 flyer and you get an air wing + battalion
Drop some reavers if necessary

Power levels are for the kinds of people who wouldn't game in an extra 500~ points with formations in the first place, and are perfectly adequate in that respect.

>I'm a MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.jpg

havent they rangebanned this faggot yet

Trueborn are elites, don't count for troop cap no?
Batallion is 3-6 troops right?

If you want both sides to get loads more points equivalent to where they are balanced against each other you just raise the fucking points cap you fucking retard, you don't play a system that hides the actual point differential so that one side still ends up several hundred points above the other because they happen to have the better, more expensive upgrades on the particular units they chose that day.

No they aren't. Upgrades aren't even a thing with powerlevels.
You can get more dudes, but you can't equip them.

These are shitty half rules by GW's standard, and even their best written rules can't be taken RAW. Your opponent will literally stab you if you try this.