Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Conversions and Kitbashes edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
>CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>8th Edition FAQ:
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Roster Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

third for fluffy lists

pls help me make this better

What is this guy supposed to be?

>disintegration guns

>buy a few brushes, primer, and sealant from craft store
>get 25% off coupon with purchase

Why, AC Moore. Why do you do this to me? I don't think you have anything else I need right now. If they have eye droppers, then maybe.

could some one post the main rulebook converted from epub3 to PDF in a size under 100mb please.

A special model, from the 25 or 30 year anniversary I think.

Can we get rid of the 7th ed rules bit of the OP yet?

It's the new stats for that anniversary marine model based on the first ever space marine model ever sold.

That's that limited edition retro beakie they released last year, innit?

They include him but not the new Canonness?

Iirc, it was the anniversary Marine sculpted in the likeness of a rogue trader beakie.

>tfw imperial space Marine gets its rules but not the canoness that is only 6 months old

Anyone has the 2004 How to paint space marines?

Too much fluff to lose.

>GW ignoring sisters of basshole
Shocked?

Deathskulls or Blood Axes?

To be honest, the Imperial Space Marine looks rad. Veridyan not so much.

Oh shit, that looks really cool.
How much was the model?

It's that one guy with material as old as the SoB line itself.

Honest question, how many genestealers are too many genestealers? Over the years i've gotten about 80 of them through various means.

I prefer your first orange scheme more but I do like the white helmet. I also prefer pauldrons to be symmetrical.

anything less than 120 genestealers is underkill

About as much or more than a tactical squad box. It was stupid expensive.

Blood axes are coolest.

$25 I think?

$5-7 from china

>power 3
>literally considered to be as strong as a company commander, priest or kommisar.
not sure if i'm digging the power points stuff, it's just like the team yankee shit where a luchs section costs as much as BMP-01

>they get 7 attacks in melee

Except not.

Out of those 2, Deffskulls. I'd only do blood axes if I wanted to do a very specific theme, such as Vietnam War era GI-orks named The Fortunate Gits

Personally, I'm stuck between Goffs and Deffskulls

>They include him but not the new Canonness?
all canonesses got veridyan's aura buff, and beyond that she wasn't really different from them

Sort of like how there are no generic chapter masters. They got rolled into one profile with the captains.

>from china
Wait, was it finecast? it wasn't even metal?
He's only 60pts

I would say a nid player should have anywhere between 20 and 80 at 2000 points, so you're hovering around the ceiling for standard matched play.

30$ for 30th Anniversary

>the 2 normies get 2 attacks each
>the sergeant gets 3
>???

yeah, double the point cost of a commisar for a guy with a rapid fire S5, lazcannon

plastic character sprue

In 7th, he was a free upgrade to any random marine.

Why are Tzeentch Daemons shit now

Do flamers still need clear line of sight or can I shoot over my own dudes?

I am trying to figure out what kind of weapon to equip a company command squad with so that it can accompany my bullgryn. The idea being that one of the 4 in the command squad will carry a med-pack to revive fallen bullgryn and for the command squad in general to be a bullet sponge for my priest.

Yeah but now he has 4 wounds.

Don't mind us, just beep booping through here with our absurd number of shots

Fishing for replies, r8
no h8 plz never even glanced at a space marine until the DI boxset because the proportions made me want to puke

>Conversions and Kitbashes edition

I like the spunk, OP, but nobody in /40kg/ has any artistic or creative talent at all. This thread will be long gone before any interesting OC in terms of kitbashing or conversions are posted. /wip/ might help you there.

Because you deserve it.

Tried looking at them differently than the old and dead summoning battery ?

A local returning player that quit during 5th was very excited about the Tzeentch daemon changes. But that might also be because he no longer has to buy endless models to have a viable armylist.

I didn't order it because I don't play Marines, but I've seen it in several catalogues.

nurgle laying down the truth bombs

Looks like an orange space marine, not that offensive.

Models in your own unit don't block LoS.

However due to the short range there's no reason not to put the flamers in front anyways, since you pick casualties now instead of allocating wounds to the nearest model

I really like it. I would say that some of those smaller details like the darker hands and elbow pads or the white on the backpack might be tricky or tedious to do for a full force, but the scheme itself is quite nice and striking.

I like it. Makes me think of spacemarines from a mining colony planet or that one forge world (ryzia?)

can someone pls r8 my list, how shit is it?

>Can't move when in double fire mode

You are booping nowhere son.

Barring finding out what some of the special rules are next weekend, is this unit any good?

Holy fuck those digits

Of course Nurgle comes in to shit talk Tzeentch

I've painted a full swarm of bugs, tedium is far beyond a worry

Hey that's not true, my... Maybe you're right. My sorcerer is just a dangles robe with a MKIV helmet, raptor pistol, and night lord power sword arm.

Hmm...compared to normal rough riders they lack the chainswords, but the extra special rules mean they're also more durable.

Possibly better as something to go after marines specifically, compared to standard Rough riders? The FnP against bolters and any cc attacks in return would certainly be nice.

I know. But I always have the choice to either give in to the shitposting or to try to make Veeky Forums better, even if ineffective.

Shitposting may be low effort, but is rarely rewarding. And even when it is, it's a hollow, short-lived feeling of reward. Even one good kitbash would enrich the thread a hundred times more.

An easy choice, mate. But I am still responsible for half of the threads that start with shitposting, too.

Assuming they cost 20ppm or less, I want to say they could be okay against the right targets. They give me that rare warm fuzzy feeling of a very well-balanced unit, not total shit and not blatantly OP.

Thunder hammer and Storm shield Vanguard Vets in a drop pod or Jump Packs?

How's this?

Commanders all Manta Strike, Fire Warriors huddle up somewhere and supporting fire while the sergeants fire Markerlights, extra 100 points of Shield Drones block charges and shots for them for a while.

So, how come there are no rules for Bran Redmaw in the FW index?

1st company/10

I dunno about them being shit. Ten heralds of tzeetch do al least 10 D3 mortal wounds each turn at 24'' with a Staff of Change for 830 points. Add thousand points of screening units (or even more heralds and then some cheap chaff) and you can repeatedly just melt whatever is closest without a chance at having a save.

How should I build my Helbrute?

That's the point indeed!

Why would you 4*CIB, though? 3*CIB+ATS is going to be cheaper and likely do more damage overall.

idk as the dark mechanicus

Question:
How come in the last 2 years I haven't found a single pdf of the latest gaunts Ghosts novel but when dark imperium came out people had the pdf like 2 days later?

Ok its pay day, where do I get Dark Imperium cheapest online?

Rules question, /40kg/. Does Green Tide mean "as long as" the unit contains 20 or more models? So when 11 boyz die, you lose the extra attack? Or is the stat change permanent--like when you deploy a unit of 30 models, their stats have been permanently altered to be A3 instead of A2.

yeah

Twice the lance attacks, 3+ to hit instead of 4+, carapace, conditional FNP.. no flanking maneuvers hurts, but they're basically just rough riders +1.

Twin Lascannon and Power Scourge.

Jump Packs is cheaper. Both can deep strike. Only difference is that a Drop Pod leaves a useless unit behind that does nothing the rest of the game.

With magnets and glue

The first one. Once you drop below the threshold you lose the buff.

Relative to normal Rough Riders:

pros
>T4
>4+
>FNP against S4 or lower
>DKoK special rules
>better attack from the mount
>2 attacks base

cons
>they don't get flanking
>no chainswords
>no special weapon options (not that big a deal)
>can't get orders from normal guard commanders

They could be quite potent. Really it comes down to cost, and we have no idea what that could be. They could be really pricey--seeing as how normal RRs are 3 power (with more options) and these are 5 (with no options).

>they lack the chainswords
2A base. Two lance attacks > one lance attack + one chainsword attack.

Does it actually? I only skimmed over the Tau mathhammer stuff but it seemed like an extra gun would do better most of the time than the ATS would. If so it would save a lot of points, although I'm not sure where I'd put them... more drones, I guess.

They also hit on a 3+.

Best Imperial Knight conversion coming through.

stand tall for turtlefall

Thanks, I am just trying to figure out what i can put in the squad to make it an effective support unit to the bullgryn. I was also thinking of using 3 grenade launchers in the squad so that I could lob grenades into the enemy the phase before the bullgryn charge.

>tfw there will never be 40k game with quality and budget of titanfall 1-2.

>cons
>>they don't get flanking
>>no chainswords
>>no special weapon options (not that big a deal)
>>can't get orders from normal guard commanders
Loss of flanking is literally the only one that really matters there. If you're running DKoK you don't care about orders from other officers, you get DKoK order list from your DKoK officers. This user explains why the chainsword doesn't matter, and the sergeant actually can take special weapons we just don't know what the list is.

>not Fist, flamer, Scourge in a Dreadclaw

It's like you believe in the emperor

What special weapon is best to pair with a Missile Launcher, guys?

Or isn't there one and I can take whatever?

Missile Launcher is flexible, I would pair it with another flexible weapon like a plasma gun.

Does anybody have a pdf/epub of the Dark Imperium novel?

another missile launcher?
or 4?

The Codex Astartes literally supports this action.

Tacts can only get one of each, heavy and special.

Just getting into 40k with release of 8e, trying to decide on an army.

Adeptus Mechanicus seems fun. Robots, cyborgs, stamping out heresy.

How are they in the meta and what are they like to play compared to other factions? Are they fun to paint?

It was posted in the last thread.

Quick and dirty but I hope it helps.

>his Marines can only take one special one heavy

Post the best paintjobs you've ever seen.

Each individual mural is nice, but as a whole that model is fucking ugly as sin.

Oh shit, that bike is so cash. Where's it from? Anyone recognize that bike?

Thanks user, looks a lot nicer than i was thinking it would

>creamsicle primaris
Deepest lore