Nechronica

Anyone have experience running Nechronica? Was it any fun? Any interesting stories?

I actually initially started looking into ttg because of it but have yet to find a group for it. And most people tend to not take the zombie loli thing well.

Other urls found in this thread:

nechronica.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Only experience I have is a gm claiming there was rules that he could instant kill us during combat if he felt like it. Lasted one meet.
Besides that, it was a great system I'd love to find another group for.
(P.S.: Dont play it if you feel uncomfortable roleplaying as a loli.)

It's fairly trivial to refluff from "zombie loli" to "zombie teen" or "zombie adult". Don't let people who are afraid to RP a child drag you down.

I think its less the rp as a loli thing, and more people hear it and automatically go into weird weeb fetish territory making them steer clear before even learning about it.

So don't tell your group the system name if you expect them to google it and flip shit.
If you're in a position to GM, just say "I'm running a zombie game on saturday. You play the zombies. Who's in?".

I mean yeah its not a big deal and bending the rules some would make it pretty accepted.
I just don't actually have any groups to pitch it to anymore and the first time someone blurted out the loli zombie part before I could explain it

how well does this work over the web? i know some games work out better than others, while some just completely fall apart.

It works fine.
It doesn't have any finicky spinner or gimmick dice mechanics, doesn't rely on milimeter precise positioning, etc.

nechronica.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page Updated translation project.

>reading replay
>suddenly loli gets pregnant
Is this normal

Yes.
Horror, including body horror and sexual horror, is a perfectly normal part of Nechronica.

Hasn't happened in any game I know of. Usually, Dolls are too busy getting crucified or crucifying others to worry about shoving wombs in their chests.

Wait, no, a loli in my game did get pregnant once, but that was under another GM who loves doing sexual-horror stuff. Not that I minded, particularly, because it fit the general themes of Nechronica/my game.

Nechronica is fun, and it teaches you a lot of life lessons, like how you should never trust organ piles, and that french catgirls will ruin your life. Even if they are best girl.

I'm gonna have to brush up on it again but I can't wait to finally play it.

Listen here, you. Stop spreading blatantly false lies. That catgirl couldn't break the top 10 of that game.

Had no idea this game existed, whats so great about it? Also, is there an actual reason its zombie lolis specifically? Just read the description from the translation wiki and it DOES come off as some slightly magical realm shit.

And what do you do when the players ask which system you'll be using, which is something they want and need to know?

The health, combat, and madness mechanics are really cool. Your parts are both your health and your abilities. For example, the Bone part lets you move, while Fist lets you punch things, but both are "HP" and can be broken. Initiative works on a counter system.

Every character has an AP total, and you go down the count until you hit a character's AP. They can then take an action. Most actions cost AP, so they lower their counter that much on the map, and go again when the counter reaches their new total. There's also a lot of interruption mechanics, affecting dice rolls and responding to actions and such.

Madness is an elegant design. Every Doll has fetters on her sisters, and these can take three madness before the fetter enters a state of madness, which makes them crazy. You remove madness points with conversation checks, which you get a bonus to for roleplay. There are skills and parts that are powered by taking madness points, and you can take madness to make re-rolls.

As for why zombie lolis (and shotas) specifically, because you're playing a death machine with the fragile mind of a child. It's important to the horror aspect, and is incredibly fun to roleplay.

Dodge the question. Laugh, smile, tell them it's a good one but you're keeping it a surprise. Say you want it to be a surprise. Say the name of the system would ruin the big twist. Lie like a bastard and say you don't know but you do have the ruleset, here you go it's this unformatted PDF with all the identifying fluff stripped out.

>something ... they need to know
Not really. It takes 10 minutes to learn Nechronica if the sheets are set up nice and cleanly. Or hell, do what I do and have a little printed 3x5 card for each part that says what it does and when to use it. Players get a real kick out of dumping a card on the table that says they do a cool thing.

I like it, the damage system reminds me vaugely of battletech, as when you take damage you'll start losing systems to crit- er.

You lose parts when you take damage, which reduces your effectiveness. So build around getting cut to pieces.

The range/zone system is fun, and building a Requiem with strong movement abilities like wire reel, boost, ect and a pair of handguns is great fun.

why is junk a best?

I'll see your Junk and raise you a Holic, the true cutest.

Opinions on starting with 3 madness instead of 1 on each fetter?
I find 3 works better in most situations since it's a world where the girls don't yet have their stability so they're easily able to fall into madness at the start. But it does make gameplay slightly annoying

Starting with three in each fetter is far more in line with the idea of being scared and emotionally vulnerable. It also helps an Alice to shine more, as their ability to help vent madness is immediately useful and noticeable. I think it's overall worth having to not go balls to the wall in the initial encounters as PCs try and calm themselves and get a grip.

The randomly rolled age for PCs in the rulebook actually goes up to 17, so you can play as a zombie teen without any reffluffing. The characters being children or childlike is a big part of Necronica, though. While the characters can be very badass in a fight, the game is built around the characters being emotionally vulnerable and forming emotional bonds with other party members.

>there are people who don't play as old sororities taking care of their loli harem.

Bump.

does anyone have replays or something on hand? i recall seeing a few awhile back but i believe they were taken down.