>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

ANNOUNCEMENT WEEK

>Weekly Recap
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/announcement-week-and-weekend-recap-2017-06-19

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/4F4Gz

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Why does Maro have a compulsion to tell everyone that they're wrong for liking things from Magic's past?

Other urls found in this thread:

magiccards.info/query?q=ft:Rem ft:Karolus&v=card&s=cname
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Repostin

I want to get more competitive and play higher level decks. My playgroup will never be ready, as it is mostly comprised of college students who are mostly constrained by budgets.

What do I run to not shit on them unfairly? I just want to feel like I'm beating a challenge every time. Do I just swallow the pill and become archenemy, or what are some commanders I can scale down for the lower-tier games?

Why do you put loaded questions in the OP?

your lgs probably has comp decks
play comp with them and jank with buds

What's some other art featuring females I can use as alternate art to Samut?

>being this much of a faggot

There you go you filthy animal.

Speedway Fanatic to keep the speedster theme

JayaBallard. Lovisa.

Google uss iowa

>trex commander is leaked
>want to build around it
>it only has synergies with dinosaurs
>there wont be enough dinosaurs to make iit worthwhile

Honestly, dinos shouldve been lizard beasts

I'm not normally a fan of these sorts of alters, but how about Swanland BBE?

Samut has some really REALLY bad art tho

L-lewd

>liking kangz

There's no way older stuff isn't errata'd back into Dinos, and stuff that should have been a Dino in the first place will be errata'd too. Plus it'll probably become a more supported tribe, with one or two dinos per set.

>complaining about potential tribal erratas when it cleans up older cards, makes reprints easier and give commander players even more option

Piss off.

>turning Zada into mono-r Grenzo
Good idea or terrible one? Grenzo just looks so fucking baller

All the art in the pic () are ones I have already tried.

Not terrible, I do like it fitting the haste theme.

I try and avoid legendary

If it was an artifact creature maybe

BBE isn't a bad choice either.

I think OP is pointing out the fact Dominaria had a ton of different cultures and places, little bit of Africa, Europe, even Japan. But most modern planes have mostly a mono-culture. It's an Indian Plane, a Japanese Plane, an Egyptian Plane.

So Dominaria is going to pared down to a single theme, rather than the huge world it once was.

>So Dominaria is going to pared down to a single theme, rather than the huge world it once was.
Man that fucking sucks. Part of what makes Dominaria so rad is how wildly diverse it is. It's also a fucking huge world so making it all one culture is stupid

>huge world it once was
It literally had almost 30 goddamned fucking sets

There is literally nothing that a single set can do to please the asspained buttbeards screaming for Urza and Yawgmoth to crawl screaming out of their Jr. High memories and literally vomit out ten thousand cards all worth more than a Black Lotus while jerking them off

It could also be a matter of having a mechanical identity. Afterall, it was the mechanical keyword soup that was the most often cited problem with Time Spiral.

Because braindead retards suckling up maro's NWO filth whined that they couldn't understand sophisticated mechanics, only simple Pokemon style "YOU GET BONUS" mechanics

Dear god that kid already looks like a sjw tumblrina trendy hip-to-be-a-nerd, I can't imagine how obnoxious she'll be once she uses her daddy's internet fame to get a "job" in the industry

Yes there is you silly tard. Call it return to dominaria and then describe where we are at like they used to. I dont care if we are in shiv or ontaria but getting rid of one part for another is retarded.

You're retarded. NWO came after the one-two punch of Time Spiral and Lorwyn.

NWo didn't come about because people were complaining. This was before WotC had any social media presence to communicate on. People stopped buying packs. When Tourney attendance is high and sales are low, the bean counters start making decisions and shit has to change.

>after the one-two punch of Time Spiral and Lorwyn
The one-two punch of killer sets with fun and powerful cards.

>getting this pissed off about a child
You need to go outside user.

>social media didn't exist circa 2008
That's not true, kid.

The one-two punch of cards that are confusing in the hand and cards that are confusing on the battlefield.

Even still, blaming it on people "whining" is inaccurate. People didn't "complain" about it on social media, they complained with their wallets.

Fuck off back to tumblr, or reddit, or wherever you white knighting fuckshits pollute. She's a whore who'll just ride Daddy's coattails to whatever grubby paycheck she can, or she'll sell her body like any other "feminist" in a thousand miles of a game.

Uh-huh, sure, thats why MTG has been in a slow decline for years, because of how much cashflow being pandering SJWs gets them.

MTG peaked in Mirrodin, and then they decided to fuck up the entire game

Even /pol/ wouldn't want you. Kys

>MTG peaked in Mirrodin

Based on sales figures, it peaked most recently in Battle for Zendikar.

>muh SJWs
>insults kids
Just fitting more and more stereotypes user. Wanna start bitching about how females won't fuck you too?

>I don't like women. My feelings determine a multimillion dollar company's profit.
Please don't reproduce.

Good bait user. Not incoherent enough to be obvious, not bland enough to be easily ignored. I give it an 8/10.

She's a child, let her choose her destiny THEN bitch about it. Nature vs Nurture, repressive hypothesis and all that.

>MTG has been in a slow decline for years

Return to Ravnica outsold any block in Magic history, then was outsold itself by Theros. Then Theros was outsold by Battle for Zendikar.

The slow decline you're talking about was from Mirrodin onwards, as a result of those oh-so-fun sets like Time Spiral and Lorwyn.

I just realized for monoblack tokens: Throne of the God-Pharoah into Army of the Damned. Any other jank I can do with Throne?

>oh-so fun
>talking shit on TS and Lorwyn
I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU NIGGER

Throne just slots well into any deck that likes to tap a lot, or don't mind tokens not being able to block. I put it into Newzuri alongside Awakening Zone and Rise from the Tides and managed to deal almost 30 damage on turn 5. Didn't even need to cast the elf that game.

Dread Cacodemon works well with Throne. Stepping out of black, Convoke is great. Angel's Trumpet is colorless.

The point is they weren't fun for the average player, which made them bad for business.

She's gonna have one hell of a nature to get nurtured through
>weak pushover dad
>already dyeing her hair
>shitty tumblrina glasses
>obese
>seattle

Very spizy. Thanks.

The former local tumblrite got kicked out of the LGS for trying to kick me out because I said Samut is inhumanly horrid and doesn't look like an egyptian of any heritage ancient or modern.
I am from Suez.

I know right? He forgot to change the stupid name too.

Is it just me, or is mono superfriends a really boring and obnoxious deck to play against?

How do you know what ancient Egyptians looked like user?

They all looked like spooky mummies. Trust me, I'm an archeologist. I dig them up all the time. They looked exactly like mummies.

It's just you. The rest of us are all in agreement that Planeswalkers are the best and most innovative way to play Magic and also to focus on the rich story of Magic, and none of our families are even being threatened by WotC's marketing team.

Oh sorry user. I didn't mean to insult an expert.

>no human headed Amonkhet god to use Isis as alternate art for

Just use The Pervert.

What should an Azami deck run to get combo pieces back from the graveyard. The most notable being Mind Over Matter. We have nekusar players and some wheel decks in the meta, and I'm not sure I can keep my hand safe against early wheels.

Is there anything? Run an Eldrazi titan maybe to keep the gas going?

this general is ruined, lets delete and try again

Recall is good for small things. If you've got enough mana you can use it for 2U, discard 1, grab Mind Over Matter and cast it. Codex Shredder is 6 mana, but does grab anything. Other then that, the shuffle in wheels work, though more against wheel decks than Nekusar. Time Spiral, Timetwister, Memory from Commit//Memory, Day's Undoing, especially if you have something like a Leyline of Anticipation out.

But that's fem Anubis

Thanks for the suggestions! The Timetwister effects totally slipped my mind for that purpose!

My bad, I shouldve known.

>DNA studies say all but the very last pharaos had mediterranean/protoaryan DNA and the black pharaos were from Sudan and Libya, not sub-saharans.
>Death masks don't look like sub-saharan africans. They all look like north africans.
>Egyptians who don't have arab blood look mediterranean, northwest-african or nubian, not sub-saharan.
>Jewish art directors make the main character in Egypt-world look like a particularily ugly sub-saharan because their local Bantu-descendant porch monkeys are "oh so ethnic and opressed and need role models".

Gee, I guess western white woman fee fees supersede reality.

>western white woman fee fees supersede reality
>implying this hasn't always been the case
lol

Good job, user. That's what I'm going to do if I ever have to pick Samut.

Only if you are confused in the brain.

I'm not speaking from my perspective, I'm speaking from the common consensus of the time. If you are genuinely incapable of understanding that not everyone operates at the same level of competency as yourself and incapable of sympathizing with others, you may have a social development disorder.

wow, after trying to find some pics for this makeover, I've realized that Wizards could've created a new generation of Egyptian Fantasy-themed female art that isn't just snakes on titties (not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's enough of those already).

Imagine: you're Magic AD for the set, you start with picrelated. Give her a bit more sensible clothes, some period-related weapons/armor or an Egyptian-themed staff, what have you -- voila, you got yourself a perfect piece. Get some good artists to produce 50 variations on the theme, add same amount of male counterparts -- you have a set that's in everyone's binders. Then you can pat yourself on the back, knowing that if everyone Ctrl+F 'egyptian' on deviantart in the future, they will see the work you've curated.

But oh well, I am sure they sleep well at night knowing that they've had kangz instead.

Not every game has to be simplified for the lowest common denominator.

Not even a pretty quain either, but the niggest of the nig. Dreads, ugly manface, screaming, etc. Look man, I've lived in the ghetto for a while and if I see a screaming sheboon running at me, I'm expecting a fight, especially if the bitch has a knife. I see Samut, and just get uncomfortable, because I've been in the shit and seeing a screaming sheboon reminds me of that time.
Of course, I don't expect seattle suburbanites to actually give a shit about people that have lived in rough areas and had to actually fight to survive. Gotta get that representation in for the social justice points.

Businesses do.

It wasn't the lowest common denominator, it was the average. You vastly overestimate the player base if you think only the least competent or least experienced players had trouble with the two blocks.

>we could have had 4th dimension magic half storm triggers into parallel tokens by now if it wasn't for brainlets like these
>we could have had a game that based more around your math skills rather than who could spend the most money
>using a brand new form of math exclusively developed for mtg
>Just as Richard Garfield intended

The playerbase is fine. The real transgressor was the Time Spiral block, Lorwyn is perfectly accessible for an average player.

Look, I *was* the kid who was staring at Scornful Egotist trying to figuring out why a 1/1 costs 8 mana. I was sitting on the board full of Organ Grinders and Posessed Avens and whatnot, going 'hmmm' for a minute before passing. But I also remember that Magic was a live game during those times, so don't go trying to tell me that it needed to be simplified to the point where we can't handle +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters at the same time to survive, that's just not true.

I also not denying that simplifying it to the point where IQ90 population can play it (and then giving them representative art) was #worthit from a corporate viewpoint. But I don't share that viewpoint and neither should you unless you are a Wizards stockholder or a IQ90 snowflake. So no, fuck off, Lorwyn was fine and so was Odyssey and Torment did fuck up Limited but it was an enjoyable fuckup and every set should fucking try to be Modern Masters level of draft complexity -- if you are a player and think like a player, those are trivially true statements.
If you want to suck Maros large NWO cock and regurgitate his propaganda as truth, I can't stop you but I can call you a dumb fuck on these blessed boards and not be banned for it so that is what I shall do.

We could have had a dead game that businesses stopped ordering product from because it was rotting on the shelf.

I really wish this was Samut instead of the "speedster" we got

>I also not denying that simplifying it to the point where IQ90 population can play it (and then giving them representative art)
Blacks have an average iq of 80 bruh.

>Lorwyn is perfectly accessible for an average player.

Except history shows that it wasn't. You're holding up your anecdotal experience as a counterargument for recorded sales figures and tournament attendance, and it doesn't discredit those figures to call them "propaganda".

From the prospective of a player, you need other players to play a game.

Wow thats such good art. I don't like living in the alternate universe mcuh anymore. We're definitely universe B.

Outside of the skin color and dreads, she's white

In the other timeline that art was probably never even made

>NWO

You're aware NWO as a policy only affects Commons, right? If you have any complaints about the power level of Rates or anything, you've already stepped outside the purview of NWO.

There are two dinos above jace in the leaked sheet. anyone knows what they say?

Not only does it only affect commons, it only targets complexity in commons. Power level of commons under NWO is solely up to Development costing them appropriately.

Need I remind everyone that Delver of Secrets was printed under NWO? More than that, Innistrad, considered one of the best limited formats in Magic history, was printed under NWO, with MaRo as the Lead Developer. Most people who keep blaming MaRo, who is Design, for the power level of recent sets are actually upset with Development and don't know it, because Development doesn't have a face as public as MaRo.

Think of it this way: Design is the team who put Damnation in M15. Development is the team that took it out.

>MaRo as the Lead Developer

My bad, should say Lead Designer.

Wtf happened to /edhg/? I was only gone for six hours and a new thread is up and full of spergs arguing over- get this, not magic but a kid. I thought we were here to talk about magic folks.

That aside, need some spicy R-Artifact techs.

Who's the iconic undead/vampire/demon/witch hunter? I'm interested in the closest thing to Bloodborne protagonist, and he fits in Innistrad nicely, but aside from saint Traft, who's only a ghost, I don't recount any of those.

Isn't Olivia the "iconic" vampire?

The part about Maro's kid honestly didn't last very long.

Well, Thalia would be next in line, I suppose.

She isn't the most iconic, but still one of them. The question was about people hunting vampires though, not the vampires

Probably on Veeky Forums because of futa vampire.

>Lorwyn is my favorite block
>Force of Savagery is my favorite card
Feels pretty fucking bad man.

Like, damn I get why it's good for business for them to not make another Time Spiral, but I love those complicated card interactions being part of normal play, instead of just the realm of janky combos.

There's Rem Karolus, who only gets more badass each trip we take to Innistrad, but keep in mind the last time WotC felt so gracious as to "deliver" on a Flavor Text character.

magiccards.info/query?q=ft:Rem ft:Karolus&v=card&s=cname

>slayer of undead
>slayer of vampries
>slayer of angels
>slayer of eldrazee
>slayer of whatever the fuck needs to be slain
>doesn't have a card still, when emo twins have multiple cards now
WotC literally why

better for him to be cardless than to end up like ludevic

Holy shit why isn't he a legendary card yet?!?