WIP-Work In Progress thread

No WIP thread on Veeky Forums?!? Emperor's Teeth! That's HERESY!!!

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Figure painter magazine issues 1-36
mega.nz/#F!0AIGDAxL!xOT6MK3oiGpBB1pQaNy5lg

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>DIY Wet Palette
youtube.com/watch?v=96mjmqWTPfM

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en route
youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does anyone have templates like pic related for other factions?
Specifically Skitarii?

I don't have a template, but have some paint schemes instead.

1/2

Woods with removable

My legs are ok

His legs are fine

AWRIGHT BOYZ, DIS 'ERE'S A TAKEOVER. DIS IS NOW AN ORK THRED. POST ORKS ONLY.

Not for long

WE'LL MAKE THIS THREAD ROIGHT AN' PROPA ORKY

USHUALLY I'D GET MAD AT YER 'UGE PHOTO AND BIG FILE SIZE, BUT IF IT MAKES DA THRED MOAR ORKY, I'M IN!

You'll have to get to me before the door kills me when I try to hack it.

SOME'UN POST INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO BUILD DIS ORKY STRUCTCHA.

LET'S GET MAD, LADZ.

Plasticard n' sprue

Detailed Instructions:
1. Acquire Plasticard
2. Acquire Sprue
3. Cut Plasticard and Sprue into random sized bits
4. Glue random bits together until you get something vaguely building shaped
5. Repeat

I did a bit of searching and found this, can we put together a collection for all factions?
Thanks user.

i tried doing barrel burn, even though it's not a flamer weapon

as if your pic is much smaller than is.

IN MY DEFENS', DIS AIN'T MY PIC, I'M JUS' REPOSTAN' ANUVVA ORK'S WORK.

Not my model, but I'm trying to recreate this colour scheme.

Does anyone know what colours would look good going on the cape/crown/trim? The standard is bronzey gold and I'm not sure how that would look.

Armour - Green
Energy - Orange
Casing - White

Just not sure what would compliment these on the cape/crown/trimming (this guy has just done all white).

Redpill me on wet palettes. Is keeping your paints from drying out the only benefit?

Prolonged drying times means mixing paints in multiple shades multiple times is easier. Hell, the convenience of being able to go to the store knowing your paint will still be there when you get back is good enough for me

If ur using citadel paints there is a guide for mephrit dynasty in white dwarf #46.

I'm doing the same and it's feathered Forest base, coelia greenshade, zamesi desert highlights.

Where do you live?
Aussie here and i live in northern Queensland, it's relatively humid at all times and very humid on occasion/during summer. I love my wet pallette, but for sure if I went to the shops and came home, the paint on the palette would be half dried and unusable

Deathworld* not feathered

Damn, sorry I forgot to mention I was looking just for a colour for the cape.

I'm working off the same White Dwarf and I know that it has the steps for amour, energy and the rest, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for what would look good for the cape. All photos I have of Mephrit Overlords are all from the front.

The pictured Overlord hasn't got any colour on the bits that are normally copper/gold like the cape, cord on his loincloth and staff highlights.

Blood angels praetor

The US, Louisiana to be exact. Even though it's super humid almost every day I still keep my wet palette refreshed with additional water every day. Doesn't need much but that little extra water helps in the long run. Even if I don't though my paint stays way for a few days at a time

I haven't got to painting my overlord yet unfortunately, still stuck on my immortals. I've been wondering the same thing, maybe doing it in silver with lots of nuln oil or copper with some verdigris could look good against the green.
I've seen people do the tabard on the front in white so maybe they do his case that way too?

>put in order with Victoria Lamb on the 8th
>upsidedownland gets the package to the USA in less than 4 days.
>package proceeds to sit in New York for a goddamn week with no changes in sight

GODDAMMIT NEW YORK WHY DO YOU RUIN EVERYTHING

Probably being held up in customs

I like how his armour tells a story but wouldn't they have fixed/replaced his pauldron when they screwed on the new arm?

>but for sure if I went to the shops and came home, the paint on the palette would be half dried and unusable
Do you seal the container before leaving it?

neat idea user, but how you do the rest will determine the quality.

this is a greatsword musician I'm working on. Never done scars before so still got a heap of skinwork to do

That's what I was thinking. I was like oh, his arm on his ruined shoulder side is a bionic, that's cool-

Wait a minute, why would they fit him for a bionic and not repair his armor? Even the shittiest chapter will repair grievously cracked plates, and BA especially like artisanry.

Im themeing my blood angels around the middle of the siege of terra, so everyone has mix and matched armour in various states of repair and weathering. So he got the arm ripped off and had to get a new one bolted on asap so he could get back to holding the wall

How are you planning to base them? I imagine there's a lot of marble and gold at the palace but I figure Dorn also threw up some less pretty fortifications.

Not too sure yet, probably lots of concrete rubble with rebar, with sprinkles of gold, marble and marine bits

How did you go about making this?

Might have a go at painting the cape white. Maybe with a darker colour like bronze for the round links on the cape.

that's what I figured, it's just the first time it's happened to me and I've probably bought over $500 worth of stuff from her in the past few years.

Must be the new shipping she has.

Or it just got selected for random sampling

mostly done, gotta touch up a few areas tomorrow and then gloss and matte gloss. then he's done.

Big fat fucking mold lines.

>tfw obvious moldline shows up after the entire paintjob is done

Well what the fuck do you want us to do about it, I'm not about to start scraping that bitch NOW.

Try them. They are great, and cheap and easy to make.

You would be amazed at how many spiders can climb into a box when you aren't looking.

Maybe they wouldn't be as visible in photos if you reduced the filesize to something reasonable.

Nice color scheme though.

You can achieve the same effect by replacing your thinner with drying retarder, but it's just nicer to use a wet palette instead of a dry one or if you plan on keeping the palette as it is for over a day.

> Hotline Mars-ami

lmao, good scheme

Right chaps, working on a concept army for tyranids. Want to make an army of ladybird and have the fliers as pretty butterflies.

Can anyone give any suggestion of pretty, gay as fuck bugs to paint my army as?

Also going to be basing them as though their in a meadow with flowers and shit.

(Was planning on doing bioluminescencent nids, but it takes so long to do an army, I don't feel U have the time or the skill to do this. Maybe when I get an airbrush I'll try again.)

Ladybird pic 2/2

Also posting my attempts at bioluminescence to show what I was going for

Gun looked good.
The rest.... meh

Thanks.

To be fair, it was the first model I painted after a 10 year break from Warhammer, so I was happy for a first attempt.

I think I was putting a lot of effort in to something that was ultimately not very effective as a colour scheme, at least with my skill level.

I think my new idea might be good, at least because I like the though of fielding a ridiculous army of pretty nids to do battle

>Was planning on doing bioluminescencent nids, but it takes so long to do an army, I don't feel U have the time or the skill to do this. Maybe when I get an airbrush I'll try again.
Personally I think you are wasting your time and a shit ton of money doing a joke army instead of what you really wanted to do.
And all you basically need is glow in the dark paint to get a really funky theme going.
Just need to find a pattern you can paint the effect paint on because it's usually a chalky white, so a dark blue/black/whatever with white pattern on the carapace that glows in the dark would be pretty fucking cool in my book.

I looked in to that, but the half-life of glowing paint is short for non-radioactive paints, therefore making my army the 40k equivlent of the Forth Bridge (Always repainting the sodding things!)

One day I will return to this, but I do not think I have the ability to do it yet.

By all means it would be cool, but I have also wanted to do a daft scheme for a while.

I think my gargoyles will look gorgeous!

Why is Coelia Greenshade used and not the green one, Biel-Tan Green?

I wouldn't want my units turning green/blue..

Does anyone have some good retro guides for painting Salamanders marines? I want to add one of these guys to my army sometime.

Salamanders used to be a lot darker green.

Learning to use an airbrush. Blitza bomma seems to be going OK so far. Need to varnish this shit, which I'm a bit nervous about because I've never used airbrush varnish before. Might find something shitty to practice on first...

I like it, though the weathering needs a little extra zing.
but I'm guessing you're not done yet either, so.