Players shit all over my adventures

>players shit all over my adventures
>have a very simple loop, enter dungeon, give lore, introduce npcs, traps and monsters etc etc, usually flip and twist it in some way multiple times
>shit usually gets pretty crazy
>user, ALL WE EVER DO ARE THESE ADVENTURES
>WE NEVER DO ANYTHING THAT MAKES A LASTING IMPACT IN THE WORLD
>YEAH user, I WANT SOME GAME OF THRONES STYLE SHIT WHERE MY CHOICES MATTER
>fine
>develop the actual politics of my world
>make them complicated, with many massive megacities being ruled over by a Sorceror-King and around a dozen factions motivated by different ideologies vying for the scraps
>party returns to town and they've already pissed someone off
>literally consequences for everything they do, drinking in the wrong tavern is a political statement
>this goes on for a month, one of the players got red wedding'd for wearing armor of religious significance he was told over and over would get his ass killed
>fine out tonight that one of my players with a severe anxiety disorder has been cutting herself for two weeks now and slit her wrists over how much stress she goes through playing the game because everything they do without thinking has grave consequences because she pays zero attention to the world despite wanting more detailed worldbuilding and she insulted the sorceror king at a gala for his birthday
>literally cucked him and bragged about it
>to his face
>his son tried to defend his honor and she grappled him and told us she was going to 'peg' him

On one hand, I'm pretty glad that I've had players be this wildly into my world and actually get emotional reactions from the shit I've created, because they actually get genuinely terrified when the Sorceror-King shows up, get very guarded around other power players, trust nobody, and scheme, scheme, scheme. I've always dreamed of having something like a rogue who sneaks into a room and sees a guy doing something that would only make sense to lore fags and have the entire table go "OHHH SHEEEEIT THAT MEANS THIS AND OH SHIT IT MEANS THAT, DONT FORGET THIS OH MAN THERE'S SO MUCH OPPORTUNITY THERE!" I mean I've been doing that shit for years and usually it's much more blunt and my players just go "zuh?". One time my players got a handout which was literally a lich-to-be going "I am about to make myself into a lich." and it was the king's advisor and he was gathering a lot of people for a religious ceremony he learned from distant lands. In secret. And they went to stop him but didn't know what we was even trying to accomplish.

On the other hand, the player who was most vocal about it is locked in a secure room at the local hospital because she was caught slitting her wrists over it. Am I a bad DM?

>she insulted the sorceror king at a gala for his birthday
Should have killed the PC on the spot, or worse.
No one can say such things of the Sorcerer-King.

>>fine out tonight that one of my players with a severe anxiety disorder has been cutting herself for two weeks now and slit her wrists over how much stress she goes through playing the game
Shit that never happened.

Assuming this isn't bait (And holy fuck do I hope it is for your sake OP) then it's sorta the players fault for not going "Hey this campaign is stressing me out to the point of suicide attempts.". This isn't a had thing to do.
I'd honestly call the whole thing off were I in your position, because holy shit that sounds terrible.

im thinking i will

Thankfully, none of that actually happened.

oh, thank g-d

You should have "pegged" her right there on the table user. Nobodyinsults the ruler

Do not underestimate the stupidity, selfishness, and arrogance of some people

Have you tried being a less shit DM?

How old was the sorcerer king's son?

No, keep it up. This is a great opportunity to facilitate some self-selection.

This story is bullshit but for the sake of the thread I'll believe it.

If this crazy player is a good friend and you want to continue playing it, take them out of the crazy intense area for awhile. Have them take an in-game detour through the woods and give them some interesting quests with some small impact on the narrative, but a clear sense that they are away from prying eyes that could completely fuck up their days.

Once what's her face is on her pills and is strong enough to get back in the swing of things, take them back to Sorcerer King's House of Horrors.

Oh also yeah, you'll probably want to take a break for awhile since a player since obviously someone's life is more important than a game, I'm just giving you game specific advice in the best case situation where this can be salvaged.

You've never gamed with actual human beings have you?

Online doesn't count.

>You've never gamed with actual human beings have you?
I have. That's how I know this is all a bunch of baloney.

>in-game detour through the woods and give them some interesting quests with some small impact on the narrative
Better yet, have a small subnarritive in the woods, isolated from the rest, where players can get used to the consequences. Plus, it'll be comfy.

You shouldn't dm for people who are incapable of separating reality and fiction. The best thing you can do is tell them to get help from a therapist and not enable their self-destructive tendencies

This. A Sorcerer-King should accept no insults.

Nothing about that seems unrealistic or inreasonable.
Mental conditions are more common than you apparently think.

>shit that never happened: the series of posts

>Some retard does retarded shit.
W.O.W
O
W
Amazing news

>expecting anyone to believe that someone would slit her wrists over stress about a game she plays for fun instead of just quitting

>believing NG

Jack Chick was right, we had only to listen.

If this is real, you should probably stop. Regardless of who's "fault" it is for the girl cutting herself (either yours for making this game or hers for partaking in it and taking it so seriously), she's clearly cutting herself as a reaction to this game. For her sake, call off the game or tone down the stress, and shelf whatever cool ideas you have for a group that doesn't include someone with such severe mental issues.

So what other stories do you have from this campaign? It sounds interesting. Tell us more.

I mean have you met a retarded person in your life?
They're not called retards because they are mentally stable or sane.

Yes. Maximum comfiness.

>not publicly laughing off the insult in public, then privately using magic and influence to disgrace the rude person so their word will never bear weight ever again

It's like you don't sorcerer-king

Goddammit my name's not Wayne

lol at all these people who think there aren't cut addicts, or PC's that would cuck, insult, or peg NPCs

These edgy self swallowing retard chicks are fucking everywhere, my high school was crawling with them.

A sorcerer king cares not for the public outside other sorcerer kings. The boon and fall of being powered by magic would be the pride and unchallenged power.

Oh they don't exist. Good. So I can tell my friend who flip flops between wanting to cut himself and threatening to cut others to stop threatening suicide because he doesn't exist.

>Thai Cuisine

Go back and read my post you fucking retard. Is he doing that shit over a game he plays for fun?

>Is he doing that shit over a game he plays for fun?
Yes, I know this might be bizarre to your faggot brain but people with mental disabilities do stupid shit and get fucked over things they enjoy all the time. Usually they are weak minded and wont connect the dots.

What's with the Thai Cuisine book?

>Is he doing that shit over a game he plays for fun?
Yes you idiot! The problem is his medication. When he's riding the high point he is perfectly fine. It's during stressful moments when a lot is riding on the line and he starts coming down that threats start flying. But on the flipside when we succeed 'fucking ecstatic' is putting his enthusiasm lightly.

This is hilarious.
I'm also in an extremely similar situation to you - my players have just requested I run a game with political themes and a more player-driven "plot", and my setting is ruled over by a Sorcerer-King.
Only difference is it's the last few surviving settlements instead of mega cities.
I also have a female player with depression and anxiety. Hopefully you're not just me from some dark timeline.

How does one deal with psychotic roasties? For some reason the craziest players I've ever had have all been women or traps and it's hard to keep them in check because they're all so goddamned touchy

Remind them to take their pills.

its called being bipolar

Play exclusively with masculine tops. Zero drama and anyone that creates drama is starved of attention and fucks off. No political fuckery, no crazy bitches, no staceys, no trannies, no fags at the table. Just craft brew and handy jays.

People who eat asian food are Satan worshippers, you know.

I know what it's called. I'm calling out the retard who says players like him don't exist, like it's a requirement to have no mental problems to play.

But I'm a masculine top and I want to fuck one of my players who's not a girl, trap or masculine top

It pretty much is, no one wants to deal with that shit.

>>fine out tonight that one of my players with a severe anxiety disorder has been cutting herself for two weeks now and slit her wrists over how much stress she goes through playing the game because everything they do without thinking has grave consequences because she pays zero attention to the world despite wanting more detailed worldbuilding and she insulted the sorceror king at a gala for his birthday
>>literally cucked him and bragged about it
>>to his face
>>his son tried to defend his honor and she grappled him and told us she was going to 'peg' him
Was she married to the King? Is the son her child? Also, you should probably stop the game, or at least tone it down a bunch, seeing she's cutting herself due to the game.

Then tell that player that you want to fuck him and go do the fucking of him.