General space thread

general space thread

Whats your favourite type of space ship?

I fucking love the Naboo royal star ships

SOTS is good. Shame about that sequel.....

Real

Space battleships

The kind with active docking. Look at that Soyez about to give it to that slut. Oh yeah.

>The Apollo Soyuz Test Project had a specially designed docking adapter so neither country had to be the girl.

Androgynous docking is disgusting

Light Freighters.

I love ships that are designed for stealth and or strike missions more than anything else. Small capital ships and fighters/bombers are on that list, big ships are sort of meh on me, they just seem to brutish.

Aside from exercises in realism, spaceships in storytelling are influenced by the narrative. As such, I appreciate ships that do this well, be they the Enterprise or WH40K's flying cathedrals.

One thing I universally dislike, though, are spaceships that imitate surface vessels without being aware of that fact. For instance, in WH40K, it's a conscious, stylistic choice. I'm fine with that.

I love me some space.

That's fucking retarded and I'm not in the least bit surprised.

I really like the look of the ships in the Expanse

too bad the characters were so cucked in the show compared to the book, it looked really nice.

> too bad the characters were so cucked in the show compared to the book
What does that even mean?

Just a retarded faggot don't worry about it.

gotta say that's pretty nice

Honestly, it's my favorite of all of the Flagships, even though she gets a few minutes of screentime.
Although I do have a softspot for this Alliance beauty as well

Now I only wonder a few things about this design.

>Where are the radiators for your 24 engine pulsed nuclear fusion engines?
>Why do you keep insisting in calling your engines Orion drives when they have nothing to do with the orion design in general(injected deuterium pellets into a magneticbottleneck to force their fusion and propelling yourself with a magnetic nozzle)

Apart from that, interesting design.

Ones with quirks.