Dms I need your help

I'm running a long standing high level campaign and I want the final challenge to be the wrath of God's.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!JyJQCQRZ
mega.nz/#!JyJQCQRZ!DoTH7_UviaM6lprhRlH6lcLRbgont3pQxP6VZPfGfnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The players know it's going to be big.
I tested and encounter with a solar and they took it down quick.

The group consists of
Barb
Pal
Wiz
Fighter

The issue is the tarrasque just seems to powerful.

Have you any experience with sucher a beast?

What gear / tips would you suggest?

If you think the Tarrasque is too much for your players, give them a session in which the Tarrasque is far away from them currently but fast approaching. Maybe the nearby city is launching barrages at the thing but it obviously isn't enough to kill it, giving the players enough prep time to get ready for the true fight. If they decide to rush towards it without preparing, we'll see how it ends for them.

Well I'm just not sure.
They have just reached 20.
They have decent gear and took on a solar 2 deva and a planetar in 5 turns.

I think they are ready.
It's just I have no experience with it.

Admittedly, neither have I. But I know there are some videos online of people discussing the Tarrasque and advice on how to best use him, so maybe check those out.

It's going to get fucked, if your players handle it halfway intelligently.

It's a big dumb monster whose only option is to hit things.

It's the fighter of final bosses.

For some reason the tarrasque in 5e doesn't have regeneration which seems asburd considering that's its main quality.

So give it regeneration 20 per round.

Beyond that just throw it at the players. Have it munching up.the countryside and heading towards their favourite city. The guards weapons are useless against it etc.

Any half compotent party should wreck it at level 20. If you actually want to make it scary have a level 20 druid riding on its back.

I know a munchkin than built a paladin able to solo the tarrasque, with the help of some specific equipment.

shouldn't be too difficult for team with a wizard

List it if you know it.
That sounds mental

3 words. Dire Terrasque Flail.

OK I'm a bit reassured now.
They will be fighting it in a couple weeks

Weilded by what?

ELDER
V
I
L
S
Why stop for Tarrasque when there are things worse than that and are less widely known?
Atropus, Llymic, Hulks of Zoretha, Leviathan, Pandorym, Ragnorra! Let them taste true impending apocalypse instead of 'roid rage God-zilla.

Are some of these in new book. I'm not familiar with a couple of these?

Make them fight hadar! You already have hand of Hadar and hunger of hadar.

no, they are in old book, for 3.5, called "Elder Evils"
mega.nz/#!JyJQCQRZ

A Tarrasque with Tarrasques as limbs!

fug
mega.nz/#!JyJQCQRZ!DoTH7_UviaM6lprhRlH6lcLRbgont3pQxP6VZPfGfnk

Don't know how he built it sadly.

But yes it's autustic

>also wielding warhorses

That's awesome!

Honestly?
The level 20 wizard can solo the tarrasque. It is grossly weak. The wizard casts Fly, and that's it, the Tarrasque can't do anything against him. Big T can't even jump too high.

Go with 's idea. Elder evils are awesome.

The limbs of god descend from the sky to physically smite the pcs
>pic related

FINAL final boss- an Awakened Tarrasque that's also a Lich.

Or just slap them in the dick with a Neutronium Golem.

That's not bad!

Bump

God's what?

>Fractarrasque
This has got to be a foe on the level of pic related.

lvl 20 PAM paladin can just delete half of it's hp in one round by smiting the everliving shit out of him, survive the retaliation and then smite the everliving shit out of him the second time. Imagine what a group of lvl 20 guys could do to that thing.

>those stats

I hope you mean 2e or 5e, because if this is 3.5, the Tarrasque can be bested by any competent wizard that's level 20.

There are plenty of homebrewed God-like beasties around

>I want the final challenge to be the wrath of God
Say no more, I have just the monster for you

Do you hate your pc's?

No but I hate my players.

3.5 Deities and Demigods
Don't just give them a god's wrath. Give them the whole god.

Hmmmmm.
But how to stat a god?

There are entire stat blocks in the book for the core gods as well as Greek, Egyptian, and Norse gods. On top of that, they have instructions on how to go about making your own and have a few unique ones as well.

>final challenge is some god being
>it's actually way above their power level, but a bigger god being joins the fray, fighting the first, allowing PCs to escape
>the new objective is to prevent the apocalypse by gathering strength and holy artefacts or whatever to save the world from a war of the gods
>setting turns it up to eleven during this time, with much more dangerous enemies inhabiting the wilderness and widespread panic ensuing

I'm kind of imagining post-Grigori Dragon's Dogma when I think about the kind of apocalyptic feeling, now that I think about it