Things everyone on Veeky Forums likes

Imagine if every poster on Veeky Forums, from the old ones that've been around since its infancy to that one /a/ crossposter who just strayed here today, gained mod privileges. Imagine if we had the power to delete all threads and ban all other posters we don't like. No proxy or phoneposting will save them.

Generals? Gone. "Stat me"? Purged. Troll threads that've resurfaced since the dawn of time? Wiped out in a burst of blinding nuclear fire. /pol/ will go extinct, Wayne will get what he deserves, Quests and elf slaves and Thulsa Doom are brought back just for the purpose of getting rid of them all over again.

Anything that literally any one of us hates? Gone.

This state would last until everyone's had their say - a day or two perhaps. After the smoke clears, what would be left?

What do you think Veeky Forums has that none of us would disagree with? What could the remaining few, those that managed to not anger anyone, now talk about? Is there anything at all?

Pathfinder!

Its impossible for all of us to have a consensus of opinion. We are designed to go against the grain.
After all, Veeky Forums stands for That Guy.

Skub.

Don't think generals would be gone.

All guardsman party?

Personally, i don't really care about things I don't like, because I have amazing superpower to ignore things I hate. But in this hypothetical, Veeky Forums burns. Nothing will survive, as there is always someone who hates something, no matter how much anyone else thinks that something is sacred.

Plane crash. No survivors.

Fuck you. Skub is not Veeky Forums related in the slightest.

I'd just delete everything over and over.

Can confirm I would purge every single general I would see. They make this board extremely uninteresting for people who aren't deeply invested in one of the IP's.

Personally I wouldn't nuke much, the thing is we have all kinds of autists here. We get that guy who absolutely hates 40k, so he nukes everything 40k related. A 40kid retaliates by blowing up all the infunity and warmachine shit. AoS and Fantasy would likewise face mutual anihilation. The diffeet editions of Dnd would kill each other off. That one guy who really hates generals would have a field day. There would be nothing left. We'd kill everything. There is nothing all of us can agree on. There will be at least one guy who looses his shit and nukes it because he doesn't like what is being discussed, no matter what the thread is. You could start a thread with. I like tradional games, I like this board, and it wouldn't get 10 posts before it got nuked.

Nothing would be left.
Everyone would be constantly fighting to have their version of "Good Veeky Forums" when Veeky Forums is always going to be flawed no matter what we do.

/thread

You're an idiot. 'Generals' are just a new term for threads that always existing. All deleting them would achieve is spreading the content across the board rather than leaving it centralised.

I will assume that no one will just delete everything for fun, just what they don't like. This is a stretch but otherwise discussing this is pointless.

- threads about dice should survive. Dice are part of most games and every tabletop gamer uses them

- threads about paint and brushes. Those miniatures aren't gonna paint themselves you know.

- homebrew threads. Because no matter how shit your homebrew is, discussing those are Veeky Forums and nothing else.

>threads about dice should survive. Dice are part of most games and every tabletop gamer uses them
Why talk about dice? They're all pretty much the same and not many people care. Deleted.

>threads about paint and brushes. Those miniatures aren't gonna paint themselves you know.
Belongs on /diy/. Deleted.

>homebrew threads. Because no matter how shit your homebrew is, discussing those are Veeky Forums and nothing else.
Your homebrew is shit. Deleted.

I would delete meta threads, like this.

>Dice and brushes

Card game fags would kill those snice they have nothing to do with their stuff.

>homebrew

"REEEEE YOUR HOMEBREW A SHIT" would end up killing all of those.

>homebrew threads. Because no matter how shit your homebrew is, discussing those are Veeky Forums and nothing else.
You've obviously missed all the fags who shit up homebrew threads because they don't like homebrews.

"Good Veeky Forums" is now, pretty much.
Currently, if there's something you want to discuss, you can find people to discuss it with. No problem. If there is no general, you can even hope to get noticed and not immediately fall off of page 10 in the first fifteen minutes, because not everybody is making a new thread every time they have a goddamn question.

In the past, all the Dawn of War shitposting and D&D edition wars, coupled with sergal/flare spammers meant Veeky Forums was mostly "Hey kid, do you like only the most popular thing right now? No? Get the fuck out".

We get plenty of inter-thread mixing that Veeky Forums seems to fantasise about when people make threads that involve everyone. Nobody is obliged to post inside of their generals, but everyone wants to, because they want to talk to people who know what the fuck they're talking about.

Every now and again someone would post some storytime or homebrew and we'd look back on it through rose-tinted glasses, but ignore the rest.

Someone would just delete whatever's left just to be an asshole.

Back in 2010 or so there was a Veeky Forums plugin I was using for firefox that allowed you to hide threads.
Everyone said "hide threads if you don't like it", so I started doing just that. Hid everything I didn't like or didn't care about.
Veeky Forums became a really lonely place as a result.
So long as perfectly good threads aren't getting shoved into obscurity because other bullshit is getting rapidly spammed with twitter-length posts, I prefer to see other activity that's happening in Veeky Forums.
Like at an LGS, if you and your opponent were the only ones in there, that shit would be kind of eerie. Having other people around discussing other things helps to give the place life, so long as they're not knocking your shit over.

Exactly. Veeky Forums is already good and it's got some glaring flaws but does that mean it's absolutely terrible? No. Places can be great and STILL be terrible in someone elses opinion.

I would delete this thread immediately
Veeky Forums is pretty good, but these elf shitposting threads stick out like the occasional /pol/ bait and fetish thread.

>Wayne
Ok you got me to laugh

>Quests and elf slaves and Thulsa Doom are brought back just for the purpose of getting rid of them all over again
You monster!!!

Maybe World Building would survive? But it's a General, so no.

>Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: 2nd Edition

Let none gainsay me

You're alright.

Veeky Forums will never be satisfied, and this turmoil will fuel... something.
Pic related

random chapter creation

This. Detect Evil storytime, Half-orc bro storytime, 40k's Tibet. We're ok, not a boiling pot of silly shitposting and creativity when we were divided from primoridal chaos of /b/, but still.

Generals should only go away when Veeky Forums acquires a public editable resource database on the main page for all the games. Generals are a necessary evil for new player resources.

Love Can Bloom

>Everyone said "hide threads if you don't like it", so I started doing just that.
>Hid everything I didn't like or didn't care about.
I was there too, user. i was there

still plenty of stuff left

The only thing I think we'd agree upon is Mr. Rogers. Everything else has people who both love it and hate it.

The old Veeky Forums didn't need mods. It was self moderating. We even taught a spambot to worship the Emperor. They were good times.

Matt ward

The swarmlord (gargamel) because he fucked up calgar (papa smurf)