Why are elves so smug?

Why are elves so smug?

Other urls found in this thread:

buttsmithy.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're basically living anime girls, so they're naturally smug.

Good thread.

Good contribution.

Many traditional games.

Another thread is happy to die for this one.

Another quality elf-based thread.

Depends on the setting, though.

>this thread

I'm not too well versed in fantasy but are there any incarnations of elves where they're actually original and not either generic smug magic users/archers or nature loving hippies?

Yes, the fantasy original.

I like the feral, tree dwelling, cannibal wood elves from TES

They are fully convinced of their complete superiority and feel no need to hide it, is the usual reason.

Oh boy, another "elves are". Let's see how this will end.

>he doesn't already know

Pff...

>phone posters

braaaap

Same way it always does, cheesecake

No better retort? I'm disappointed in you.

How about I spam the thread with male elves instead? Though this would somehow justify this threads existence.

A retort to what?

At least make them smug.

Why are you interpreting them as being smug? they could just be thinking about breakfast burritos and how much they're looking forward to eating them.

That's not smug, dumb anime poster.

>immortal god-beings who have all the last questions answered

You'd be smug too if your were a LotR elve.

>why would a nearly immortal (by human standards) , better than you at everything race of ancients be so smug?

gee

>elves are anything but otherworldly entities that steal children and haunt dark forests

Tolkien did a lot for fantasy, but he absolutely fucked some parts up. Making elves just "perfect" humans is retarded.

Elves can't win, if they look like they're experiencing positive emotions they get called smug, if they look neutral or upset they get called cold and distant.

>he doesn't know smug when he sees it

>perfect humans
>Tolkien elves
>the race that spawned Feanor
Please read again.

I know the context of that scene, therefore it's not smug. There is probably only one true smug Marcille out there.

The way people always go on about perfect elves makes me wonder if anyone here ever read anything besides Eragon.

>Please read again.

Ironic. You know what quotation marks imply, right?

Tolkiens elves were never based on these particular elves. There is not one true elf in mythology.

>Feanor
>not the second most perfect elf
faggot

Why are elf threads so shit? Why are they allowed to be an automatic shitposting device?

She's not in that scene, user.

It doesn't end in actual cheesecake, just some rambling about fucking traps and how elven women are racemixers

Smugness is not a traditional game.

Tolkien did norse style elves, which were basically vanir

Wait, we can't post here. This is elf country

He based them on the Tuatha de Danann.

Neither is sucking cock, and yet here you are.

You will run out of pictures soon.

that representation of an elf displeases me

I'm no psychologist, so I can't read their minds.
All I can say is that if I lived forever, I'd probably be a little big headed.

your mother can attest to my immortality

Quality Veeky Forums thread.

That's because it's a halfling.

buttsmithy.com/ (Awesomely NSFW)

They've seen likerally everything, and not only do they know you're going to fuck this up, they know exactly *how* you're going to fuck this up.

The original annoying oldfags, basically.

It think he's referring to the elven fuccboi in the comic, who is indeed an upsetting depiction

Do you think so?

To be fair, he is depicted as being particularly depraved and too high ranked for anyone to do anything about it.

Yes.

You may wish to reconsider.

Whe was the last time we had a good elf thread? I don't remember.

You can't remember things that never happened.

trully, dunmer are best elves

I thought Veeky Forums was about being excellent. And yet we are having these shit threads all the time.

Ah, right, the opening chapters to the "War of Wrath". Involving elves pulling swords on elves, virtually sacred ships getting burnt in spite and anger, and marching through hellish, arctic conditions to get into Middle Earth. And then an age or two of disastrous conflict with evil incarnate because FUCK YOU THOSE ARE MINE/MY DADDIES/YOU MESSED WITH MY DADDY!.

Yeah, some of Tolkien's elves are scary fuckers. Like, really scary.

I mean, yeah, say, Gondolin got sacked, but more than one Balrog died making it happen, and who knows how many Orcs and Trolls. Hell, one guy killed more than one Balrog. He finished one of them with his helmet spike. Which is metal as fuck.

Depravity is common enough among them for other races to consider it a stereotype, and his also elven guard had absolutely no qualms about ramming him in the ass to boot

One of the best, yes.

Hey, ass fucking is stress relieving.

Orsimer are true best elves