How do I into Iron Hands?

How do I into Iron Hands?

Other urls found in this thread:

anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Exo-Lord-Bionics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

replace dick with cybernetic drill

I mean painting, army building, conversion parts, books, etc. so far I have the 8th starter set.

Replace hands with cybernetic fists. Improved motor control for painting.

first of all never skip leg day like that guy

Second replace parts with cybernetic bits whenever possible. Liberally sprinkle in those new helmet bits with the cyber eye (i'm pretty sure the primaris box comes with at least 1?)

this is the only acceptable answer OP

Are there any good third party bits makers with cybernetic parts? I'd rather not buy necron boxes just to cut up the legs and arms.

As in 40k general but I almost garuntee there is. The problem is they may not be compatible with the new Chadmarines due to scale

prime chaos black, basecoat abaddon black, highlight eshin gray leadbelcher the shoulders and left glove, which represents the augmentic one under it which is the rite of passage for all Iron Hands inducted into the chapter, shade with Nuln Oil, highlight with stormhost silver. the gun casing is usually done white, which means hit that with celestra gray, followed by ulthuan gray, edge highlight white scar Buy yourself an Iron Hands transfer sheet from FW for appropriate chapter and clan markings. Look up the fluff, pick a clan you like.

Currently, I don't believe there's been time for any third party studios to craft bionic bitz sized for Primaris marines, but keep an eye out. Those are best used for veteran troopers, and the more senior an Iron Hand is, the less meat is left on them

Thanks! I plan on collecting lil marines too, unless everything is switching to Primaris scale.

Why does no one seem to like IH? I have never seen them in person, online people often forget they exist or mistake them with Iron warriors. In the starter set books there's almost no mention of them, I only found one small picture.

If GW doesn't sell the IH kits anymore, you can get a lot of cyber parts from anvil industries

anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Exo-Lord-Bionics

Every faction has its redheaded stepchild. Iron Hands have been completely irrelevant until their codex supplement came out a few years back. Then after a while they faded back into irrelevance.

Clan Vurgaan here.

If you can, Horus Heresy book 2 and book 6 have great Iron hands fluff. Raukaan supplement was... okay. Madison wings was decent too.

Iron hands in both 30k and 40k are traditionally a heavy-tank heavy-infantry army. Meaning tough infantry with strong shooting and tough tanks with strong shooting. They get bogged down in assault, especially in 30k, but have done very well in 40k due to some insane feel no pain stacks.

In 8th, since company veterans (formerly command squads) are an elites choice, I plan on fielding two squads with storm shields and combi weapons using my 30k immortal models.

Until they get chapter specific rules like in 7th, there's not a lot to distinguish them.

Meduson wings*

they aren't nearly as explored fluffwise as the other chapters, last edition they had a dedicated supplement for one of their clans (raukaan iIrc), I'd guess you could look for it online to read some fluff

To be fair that applies to more than half the first founding chapters, considering only the original 4 got stuff (and the ultramarines don't have a supplement - not saying they should) as long as most of the others.

IF waited for a long time before getting a supplement too. The most irrelevant now must be the white scars.

Outside getting the Raukaan book, they aren't pushed at all, in fact they're the only Legion not to have a loyal 40k Special Character. And on top of that they're more defined by their personality than cultural theme, and the typical Marine entry advice is "Like Vikings/Romans/Catholics/Etc aesthetics? Play SW/Smurfs/BA/etc", so they aren't really considered.

*Loyal legion.

>they're more defined by their personality than cultural theme

Well that's kinda the point

That is true but most of the others at least had special characters in the marine codex since 5th ed. IF were the only first founding chapter without one.

IH*

Peeps like yourself will keep them goin'. As other posters have said, the IH are the redheaded stepchild of the first founding chapters. But GW seems to be starting to listen to their fans again as of late, maybe if enough peeps make some noise for an IH character, it might happen

Optimal Smashfucker was IH, isn't that it's own kind of special character?

Only in our iron hearts user.

Read this bad boy. Seriously. It's an amazing book about IH. They're fucking terrifying in it, and damn brutal.
And based Kardan Stronos is based.

>IF were the only first founding chapter without one

Actually Lysander was in 3rd as a sergeant

Yeah, I meant Iron Hands.

True that, I feel you bro. They could have just taken some specials from the UM and given them to others. IH could have at least used the tank ace and a techmarine. Really, there's no need to give more than half of the "BEST AT THIS" to a single chapter.

An Iron Hands successor chapter has a Techmarine/Chapter Master Special Character from Forge World, though.

Probably the only 1st Founding Chapter that you take as "counts as" a successor chapter, rather than the other way around...

>mistake them with Iron warriors.
Anyone got that "Iron Within" IH diorama pic?

Also has a good point, HH era IH are baller and have cool units

Well, models at least

>No one uses ballistic shields anymore

Did they just become useless over the course of the 40th millenia or something? Everywhere in 30k, nowhere in 40

The tech for large metal plates was lost to the ages user

Boarding Actions are far less common, and when it does occur the use of Terminators is preferred.

Storm and Combat Sheilds replaced them.

Wonder if the Siege Assault Vanguard list or Zone Mortalis rules will be ported over, they had Boarding Shields/Mantlets

Also I'm always a little disappointed when I see Combat Shields (which when I last played gave something like a 5++ and could be used with a bolt pistol) being used exactly nowhere

Also storm shields kinda replaced em. So instead of just a shield, you've got a shield with a built in field generator.
Storm shields effectively replaced boarding shields.

>he's never getting a model.

Why even live.

Well if the books are successful maybe might? He is their de facto Chapter Master after all.

I've Just accepted the fact the IH will never get a special character model