A helpful player breaks-in your new game book

>A helpful player breaks-in your new game book

Other urls found in this thread:

astranauta.github.io/5etools.html.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sweet, those middle pages are always so hard to photocopy.

I will reward this player with 1000 XP and a+1 magic item of their choosing.

>not printing off the relevant rules in a tiny booklet for each player

>An enraged GM breaks his player's kneecaps.

>no problem my friend. Can i borrow your phone for a moment? I just need to check something online

*bend his fu***ng smatphone until it cracks loudly

>Paperback
Trust me OP, this player is helping you by sending a message.

give me one reason why rulebooks shouldn't cost less than 5 dollars

In my group we have a guy who has a goddamn library of books that probably spans the fucking dewey decimal system as well as hundreds of fiction and non-fiction novels and such. Our DM asked to borrow some of them once and, well, he broke the spine on a the ones he borrowed reading them. Dude was super pissed and has refused to lend his books out since.

I know how that guy feels, I too have a great wealth of books, and they aren't magazines!

People who buy paperbacks should be tossed into a sack with d20 and MtG fans and hit with sticks until they stop moving.

Economy of scale.

By who and what army?

>internet response

Give me 50 bucks and get out of the house you neckbeard shit. I don't care that it's your house you are banished for this session.
*Cheering *

>Actual response
Silence
Seethes inwardly
Posts on Veeky Forums

Their parents

If only

>breaks your spine

This thread reminds me of that rash of threads that was spammed a few months ago with the OP image of that lady who wrote a lot of code for the moon lander or whatever.

>not buying electronically
Shiggy.

This?

>Because it's a 400 page hardback
>Because it's full color
>Because it's filled with original commissioned artwork
> Because the writer needs to be compensated for their time

I mean it can go on, but really user, pick any one of these.

Margaret Hamilton.

Yeah, but it was in color.

Some incels got supertriggered about women in general every time OP posted the thread.

Keeps out more of the riff-raff.

>well, he broke the spine on a the ones he borrowed reading them.

How the fuck do you do that by accident? What a colossal shithead.

I don't lend out my books (or any of my shit) precisely because I know some people simply cannot be trusted to handle someone else's property with care and respect.

That dude looks pretty good in that dress

let's keep this on the topic of books then, in case this shitty thread derails into a different shitty thread.

>using physical books instead of indexed, searchable, and editable pdfs

>using pdfs instead of indexed, searchable, and noted physical books.
ftfy

>wasting 5-10 seconds searching a physical book, instead of pressing a hotkey to pull up and type your search term within a second.

>mfw huffing all the new book smell before anyone else can sully it

>player is flipping through the pages
>Hear the ever slightest *trrrp*

In all seriousness, it is much harder to internalize the digital word.

You have a "learning disability"

What did he mean by this?

foad

Got you both covered.

> Wasting 5-10 seconds typing in a hotkey and browsing through 48 matches that aren't relevant to the rules discussion taking place.
In all honesty, I found it quicker to lookup rules in a book than a pdf because I had a more tangible idea of "where" in the pages the passage I'm looking for is. Some PDFs are a fucking mess with no OCR, poorly published, ore requiring you to index it all.

That's why you edit the PDFs yourself user. Or really, any digital media. HTML is pretty good.

Go on and try and say with a straight face that physical books are easier than using astranauta.github.io/5etools.html.

>slightly bigger paper pages
>hardened cardboard cover

oh wow, that's certainly +$25 on the original!

What I will tell you is this, I prefer books over PDFs, but I prefer a well built rules wiki over anything.

That's fair enough. Most PDFs do require some work to get off the ground, but at least we can agree that the searchable database type mediums are the best.

Certainly is mate

A helpful GM break a moronic player.....

i once asked my GM if i could read his rules book, and he said yes, and then i started reading it and took a random useless piece of paper off a table and made a really elongated ripping sound with it behind his back

i thought it was funny at the time

Because the cost of putting together a rulebook and sending it to be printed comes out to more than $5 per book.

Because people pay for it.

Go ahead. I can make more. All it costs is office supplies

>Apollo code
Fuck, I got a boner.

I'm a little mad

enough people buy them for more

user, i see that you are a true connoisseur.
ever tried to enjoy the olfactory sensations of old books though?

Have fun getting sued over that shit. A court is far more likely to rule in his favor. Good luck suing for a book that isn't incredibly hard to find or rare, you wouldn't get half of what he gets even if you win.

>overpaying out the ass for what is essentially a stack of paper

This is why tpb exists. I spend my money on food and shelter.

It's best paired with the tactile feeling of turning pages more than half a century old

>intentionally misreading/misinterpreting just to continue making your point, even after you've been proven wrong

Its okay, grandpa. The future isn't as scary as the news corporations want you to believe.

Accompanied by the soft sound of gently crackling paper...
>"Start dinner without me dear, i'm staying in the library for a bit"

> OH NOES user YOU WILL GET SUED
Good luck with that.
I'm sure the police will love to take that report from some sobbing pathetic man child. Then it will be he said she said. And I'm sure small claims court has LOADS of time for HIGH PRIORITY cases like this.
Maybe you can try Judge Judy.

This

in a civil suit is there even a report that need be given to the police in claims of damages?

Oh yeah, the smell is great. But to get the most out of it I put my books into blender, set it to very fine and then snrt the resulting powder. Unless it's some eternal, sophisticated classics like Twilight series. Those I merely gently lick.

>hard copy of the books we have isn't being printed anymore and the ones we have for our game literally smell like a gallon of sweat

Had to download pdfs on my phone instead since it smelled like a gym locker room in book size. How the fuck people managed to have such hand sweat that it stuck to the books is beyond me

Not that guy, and definitely not a lawyer, but...

For the most part, that kind of thing, and even specific definitions of what counts as what, how it's referred to legally, and what the charges look like, differ from area to area. You could very well face different charges for the same crime as little as a city away from where you actually get tried.

I would assume, though, that, even if it's not required for a suit to take place, that it would help your case quite a bit.

I just wish that I played systems that didn't have such big fucking rulebooks
I agree completely with that they shouldn't, but because the system is so damn big the book is 400 pages so it needs hardback. The problem isn't that it's a hardback in itself, the problem is that the system is so damn big that it needs a hardback book or it'll fall apart.