Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

METAL BOXES edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>7th Ed 40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator
mega.nz/#!3EJjiLSa!aAVARAhw8CoBdMhvnifq_9aBrdGVcWXhC-NhGp9jdfQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thank you for not being shit

If you play mono Deathwing and don't take DW Knights you're probably gay

first for dark elder not being terrible in 8th

Rate my custom chapter scheme, tg?

SHITTY ASSHOLE

Still not army roster link in the OP

0/10

>stop quoting me wrong you fucks
My sides.

So with Dark Imperium lore coming out , do we really think old space marines are getting phased out?

They make significantly less appearances than the primaris marines in the new rulebook, too. It seems like GW is really pushing them as just "The New Space Marine" rather than "Big New Tools For Old Chapters To Utilize".

Looking for honest opinions.

Would you take ravagers and or scourges?

So I have some space marines I want to sell off.
I've got
>Captain
>x2 Tactical squads
>x1 Assault squad
>Dreadnought
How much do you think I could get for these? Would asking for 50% MSRP be acceptable?

Are they built/painted?

Assembled?

Painted?

Tabletop standard?

Ultramarine/10

Are they NIB, on sprue, or built.

If built 50% is a little high, but you can start off with it. People will try to haggle though.

If you can offer all unused bits it helps, too.

Can Pask give orders to his own tank?

Eventually, I'd say.

I don't reckon so, they're still a massive cash cow, hell some say marines are the top-selling line by a distance, and GW (despite what the internet often thinks) isn't stupid enough to throw all that money away.

Read the rules moron

Built and painted to a very poor standard if I'm being honest. Pretty much just a basecoat.
I do have some spare sprues lying around.

what's worse then an unpainted army?

I did. It's not clear enough.

Don't expect too much then desu. Selling off old models can be tough, so I consider it a decision to make if you reealllyyy don't want the old models.

Sometimes you can get a better value if you can make a trade for an army you want. Otherwise cash will be a low percentage of what you paid.

Spending time painting man faced transvestites

misusing "then"

Who are these two?

This channel has very low production value.

Dad/Son?

Lovers?

Friends?

>i was raped by a tranny:the poster

Im getting tired of filtering this assblasted closet tranny

I like this edition better, report the OP of the other one.

What else should i get for my new imperial guard army?

Yeah it must be a lot of work to keep taking down all the mirrors in your house.

>Tzeentch Daemon list posted gets lost in the thread migration and attempted bait thread

Don't know if I should bother posting it yet again ...

A paint scheme that violates the model's decency and honour

>pink Necrons with flowers and glitter all over
>My little pony marines

My opinion is that they won't. They'll push this as far as they possibly can WITHOUT crossing the line, and in a decade's time all we'll see is Primaris Marines and be talking about how you can still play with the originals. Either that or GW gets enough backlash to sideline them and they end up taking a back seat to the manlets.

I really hope it's the first option. Just because I hate Heroic scale with a passion, especially how terrible the proportions of the cadians/chaos cultists are. I tell you that the biggest reason this probably happened is because GW is actually starting to move away from Heroic scale with their new releases, but the big problem with actually making humans look the way they should is by making the manlet marines look even more puny than they already do. GW's having to deal with a very old mistake, making Space Marines so big in the fiction but so tiny on the table...

ALL THE BEES.

But to give a wargaming-related answer, shitty, lazy proxying. I once saw a tau player (surprise surprise) who had three "riptides" which were just empty large round bases. That's just ridiculous. I'll play against paper cutouts/printouts of models, but I won't play against empty bases, coke cans, plastic cups on flight stands, or other such fuckwittery.

Sloooow down there, cowboy. You had best buy one of those and paint it before moving on to the next.

Planning to face a thematic Black Legion list with my Sisters soon. The only non-negotiable things are no exorcists (I don't physically own any) and the Inquisitors stay how they're equipped (Models are based on RL friends and equipped on their request). What could I do better with this list?

Facing a sisters of bsashole army,literally the worst army in the world.

why waste your money on anything non-start collecting?
isn't it better to convert everything from regular dudes?

lmao that Tau player

And here I am worried about passing off the Lord of Contation as Typhus.

25-30% retail price then, mate. Sorry.

But what if Primaris end up outselling older models? Would they rather consolidate the line and focus on those that sell more, somewhat like how FW culls off older sculpts, or would they let them stick around just to collect a few bucks? GW seems like they don't care to leave old molds laying around, for whatever reason.

I ask in honesty because I've only been in the hobby since the end of 5th edition, so I don't know the precedence on things like this quite as well. I would like to see both lines of marines stick around, it just worried me to see them get so little face-time in the new rulebook.

I agree heroic scale was a weird choice to begin with, I'd just hate to see so many dedicated players end up with completely obsolete armies.

>making Space Marines so big in the fiction but so tiny on the table...
Well their power level on the table doesn't come close to matching their power level in the fiction, either.

a terribly painted army

people like you are the worst

You should see all of the wannabe battle report channels on Youtube. So many people who try to act cool but just can't make it work...

(you)

Thanks, but they're Space Wolves successors.

all three.

reposting what i said in last thread, baneblade

also what he said, don't intimidate yourself too much, unless you're used to buying huge amounts of minis at a time.

old marines look like shit
I hope they get rid of all the old stuff. as long as they are still useable in the rules it will be fine.

Underrated post

>A paint scheme that violates the model's decency and honour

So how good are the Bloat-Drones? Two heavy flamers and a force weapon doesnt seem worth worth ~160 points, but i might be wrong. t7, daemon save and FnP is good for tankiness, but their degrading strength and mediocre weaponry don't exactly sell me on their killing power.

Lore?

only thing worse than a unpainted army is a horribly painted army. fucking fight a player who looks like he painted his marines when he was 5. fucking re paint your models!

What app did you use to make this picture?

The crappy models really push me away from starting a space marine/chaos space marine set.

Primaris are a cool new model while at the same time not being an update of existing stuff. That's why I find Thousand Sons or Death Guard so appealing. New marine models and look cool.

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator

>Going to paint my Tzaangors white, like seagulls, because my Warband leader uses them to find world richs in metals
Any tips, apart from "Aribrush White, then recess shade" to getting a decent white?

>But what if Primaris end up outselling older models? Would they rather consolidate the line and focus on those that sell more, somewhat like how FW culls off older sculpts, or would they let them stick around just to collect a few bucks? GW seems like they don't care to leave old molds laying around, for whatever reason.
Well, maybe if marine sales drop away GW may begin a phase-out, even if it's just more stuff going direct only while the primaris kits get shelf space in the brick and mortar stores. But I think that would only happen as a reaction to poor sales figures years down the line. What I mean is I don't think they have a plan to phase the current marines out as things are. (And for what it's worth, I can't see sales of current marines falling that low anyway.)

They're basically a dreadnaught with a slightly better twin heavy flamer.

However they also fly and are much tankier than your average dreadnaught.

I think they're quite balanced and worth fielding.

#
>Not true
Just do the math ffs. We've lost relentless and all the weapons are heavy. Have you looked at cyclone's profile closely? It's 2d3 frag. It's basically a 48' range stormbolter for fucking 50 points, mate. Hell, stormbolter is better since it doesn't suffer -1 BS on the move. Even if CML were 20 pts each it would be the worst choice. Plasma cannons are better, but not by much. You want to overcharge them to be effective and even the we're looking at fucking ONE S8 AP -3 D2 hit at average. Not to mention that you will be in Belial's reroll range for two turn tops.

ok, but that either means people have to be good painters starting from day 1, pay someone to paint an army or buy an already painted army with exact the models and units you want to use.

I know smite ignores the matched play rule about being cast multiple times per turn, but can i cast it with the same model multiple times per turn?

I can't think of any other way. Even then you should really be careful about that shade, you had best thin it down considerably, and not with water either, painting white is veeeery finicky. You have to use Lahmian Medium, or an equivalent paint thinner that you know won't change the consistency of the shade to become more runny.

I played a game yesterday and fielded one and was pleasantly surprised by how well it performed. Point them at infantry and they will do well.

Well painted > spray painted > unpainted > poorly painted

>what is practice
Your generation is fucking retarded

With the timeskip, my Imperial Fists successors have had time to rebuild and start having actual command squads and shit. So, I'm on the fence:

Chapter Champion, or Company Champion on Bike?

forgetting shitty proxies, like coke cans etc

ok, where do you get those free models to practic on ?

I get the feeling your definition of a "horribly painted Army" is anything that isn't shaded and highlighted.

Go fuck yourself if that's the case. You get at least three colors and one coat of paint out of me, as per tournament minimums. I don't have time to put everything I own into a painting contest.

The concept of practice and training is unknown to you?

Exactly what the hell do you intend on doing with the assault cannon anyways? Rending is gone so you're not going to kill any TEQs or MEQs. 6 shots is better than 4 but it's still not spectacular, you'll maybe take out 1 or 2 standard marines in a shooting phase? The idiot who invented this list wants to deepstrike them and then unload bullets, except that he forgot that by doing that HE is open to being charged rather than vice versa.

Either way it's just not fucking worth it. If you want heavy weapon terminators you want them at long range and that's why you want either the plasma or the cyclone.

New 40k Sigmarine Captain

and your generation fucked the world up

Thank you for help and I used to play Tyranids so I'm used to painting huge amounts of minis at a time

Any Warhammer store. They literally give them away.

>these idiots

Everyone's got to start somewhere, I don't mind playing smudge marines, looks better than the grey plastic horde.

I'll give it a go, hopefully its bulky enough to avoid too much damage on the way to combat to keep its flamers s6

ffs, you practice, then strip the models and repaint them.

>who will no doubt be cut up in the most bizarre way on the sprue, so it's basically monopose.

aint that the sad truth

How barebones we talking? Knight Errant/Paladin/Warden or the one with the sword and fist?

same question, where do you get the free models to test your skils. Plus how do you know, that if you practics your going to be good at it. my parents send me to play piano for 8 years 5 times a week. I never got good at it. Stoped when the trainer told my mom, that my fingers are just too short for me to be a proper pianist.

biggest problem with the Primaris Marines is that Guilliman made them, if they were Logan Grimnar's brainchild a lot more people would accept he'd just drop his trousers and cock slap Inquisitors to death for questioning him about the possible techo heresy going on.

From GW?

Everyone just painted badly their own models bought with their own money.
They ruined their own models before getting good. Eventually they repaint them or just bought newer.

If you can't find ways to practice with other random crap like old green plastic soldiers you must be mentally retarded

Are you sure about that?

>Embarked units cannot normally do anything or be affected in any way while they are embarked.

Overcharged plasma 1's kill embarked units using firing ports yes or no?

Thinking plasma acolytes in a transport.

What about proxies from other, cheaper games?

how do you strip pain a plastic models? all the detergents sold in my country that remove paint, also melt plastic models.

>highest standard of living in human history
>fucked up
Wow, you really are a fucking retarded little boy aren't you?

Ah well, good thing i'm only using 1 squad
Just means i gotta be careful and that will be 1 squad done in a really short time

Can Kriegers "feel"? Find out today.
mega.nz/#!3EJjiLSa!aAVARAhw8CoBdMhvnifq_9aBrdGVcWXhC-NhGp9jdfQ

Has The Thread war begun?

How many times can you strip and repaint a few monopose marines though really?

Even for a quick learner, several months of doing that before "risking" actually painting a unit wouldn't be fun. It'd put me off.

literally google it idiot

>firing ports
ha
And yes, if you have plasma explode, your model dies, even if he's sitting in a Stormlord

im into that, they arent shitty, they are models, im talking about empty bases and coke cans, and oh fuck

Circles of Dice

The answer has to be yes, otherwise this is officially an exploit. Definitely not Rules As Intended.

>prodos games