Captain, my Captain!

Captain, my Captain!

Eh, not much to say really. Just another CAD marine with a bit extra heraldry, who will no doubt be cut up in the most bizarre way on the sprue, so it's basically monopose.

At least its not Primaris Cato Sicarius, its pretty good and just as generic as the current captains.

It's pretty good. When is it coming out? Is it going to be released with the rest of primaris stuff?

Better than the Gravid armor one by far.

not too shabby.
I like the heraldry-shield, that shit is my jam

Sauce?

inb4 it's £18

It'll be £20

why do chadmarines all have hair
i'm not used to this
help

At least they didn't colour him up as a nig for no reason.

Can't be a Chad if you're bald.

is that a salamander?

B-b-but muh minorities!

>"Minorities" (actually the majority on the planet) don't purchase said products in any significant numbers because they're "white people things"
>companies that cater to minorities get no extra sales, often get a drop in them for catering to said minorities

:^)

>who will no doubt be cut up in the most bizarre way on the sprue, so it's basically monopose.
This is the worst part about the current HQs. At least they haven't removed the big freeform commander kit yet.

Sigmarines are Celestial Lions, makes sense to me.

>Everyone is as butthurt about brown people as I am and will refuse to buy stuff if it's painted the 'wrong' colour

Dat projecting tho

Stormcast are supposed to be recruited from all demographics. You do have to expect a little bit of diversity in there.
But, I mean, the warrior-priest in silver tower was one thing, he was clearly modelled black. This is just a white dude in blackface.

Alright mate, calm down you clown

> :^)
I don't know how posts that actually put the unofficial Veeky Forums symbol of "This is a bait post" still get sincere (you)s.

back to /pol/ pls

A little on th bland side, but preferable to the beer gut in the starter set. I might get it.

>so buttflustered about black people that you can't even stand to see them in miniature form

Even if black people didn't play miniature games, why would you care about there being black characters in a fantasy universe?

It's more verisimilitude-breaking for there NOT to be races other than whites around. We live in a world where humans have multiple skin tones, and fantasy humans are like us in the vast majority of settings, so unless you give me a really good in-universe reason it just makes the world seem fake and artificial if everyone of white to appeal to me.

I bet Unsounded really rustles your jimmies.

This kills the manlets

I can't decide if I want one of these guys or not. 8th utterly fucked me on my marine HQ's, with my 3 favorite models I've done up all having illegal loadouts now. I do like how these captains look, and the Cataphractii are pretty cool looking too.

How could one buy those?

Those have been around for a while, as Mail Order specials or something. I always reckoned the Chaplain was the "future" of Marine design, barely adhering to the typical shapes.

i don't give a shit about your manlet spouting but I have a hard-on for skull-themed scabbards.

i need more details

WHY THE FUCK CAN WE NOT BUY THE PLASTIC TERMINATOR CHAPLAIN
WE CAN'T EVEN BUY THE PLASTIC CHAPLAIN ANYMORE

WE WUZ

I paid a gorillion dollars on it for eBay when I saw it going for a lot less than the standard $100

You should be able to get a recast one for a lot cheaper. It's worth it, the sculpt and armor is so cool if you don't mind the streamers.

No you werent Jamal, shut the fuck up and stay in your ghetto.

ITS AS BAD AS TYRAEL

/s

BEAKIES 'N ZOG

>I bet Unsounded really rustles your jimmies.
Thats a really old meme
One that reddit likes
Hrrrm

In short my dude summer.

also sensitivity to /pol/ posts i think.
If i was incredulous i'd say the people responding really don't understand the proper ebbinflow of the chon shitpost.

God that doesn't fit his features.
I mean to begin gw cannot into faces but man that doesn't fit his skin tone at all.
That's a very angular aristocratic roman style face.
If they want to do African folks then actually sculpt African folks i mean they have done that with the catachan. They've done this with the neophytes

Nice looking model; my Primaris Captain arrives in the post on friday. Looking forward to painting him up.

Who's to say that in this fantasy universe people with other types of facial features have dark skin.

It's not something that i don't understand but it does offend the eye to break with such a convention. Like when anatomy is off.

Anyway I feel it would be more fit for them to try and work on their faces and their skull types if one wanted diversity in this game no?
Even if you didn't want that arbitrary idea then, adding more skulls types and faces, fixing their styles is just better value.
That fucker has the same face as the new Karl France.

shut up idiot, they didn't give the aos priest white features and painted him black, he's a black dude with african face.

Well, without the hoodie and added bling he looks a lot better. I guess without gravis he's also lacking T5, but at least this shows that his gear is more flexible. Boltstorm gauntlet and plasma pistol might be nice.

This thread is so white I'm blind

I know you're joking but I've been looking for an excuse to get into this for a while. Why do progressive types act like Salamanders being black (African) rather than black (#000000) is a good thing? The Salamanders are huge, jet black and -- depending on the author -- have glowing red eyes. They are also the most 'human' of the legions, caring a lot about civilians and even allowing their marines ties back to their old communities and families. These two elements are very deliberately meant to contrast with eachother: The scariest guys are actually some of the kindest. Making them black in the African sense either loses this trait -- a defining and important trait for a legion that gets very little limelight -- or has some straight up racist implications. How do they not see that? I can't help but feel worried GW in their stupid corporateness is just going to go along with it one day.

Somehow made the primaris helmet look even worse than it usually does, but otherwise alright. Do not know what the fuck they were thinking with the gravis armour.

Reddit is an old meme that reddit likes.

Hrrrm.

hrrrm is a meme that reddit likes
hrrrm

hrrm hrrm meme hrrm reddit hrrrm
hrrm

PLEBBIT

It's probably not THE generic captain. Apprently it's a limited edition thing.
And seeing as it is a Primaris Captain Centos, I presule it is to celebrate the 200th US shop or something.

That's pretty clearly a dark skinned Romulan.

CAD? More like CHAD!

HOL UP

I appreciate him being black from a color perspective. It provides a nice bit of contrast to the bright gold and white cloak.

Still, it would be even nicer if he actually had negroid features.

>Wayne Rooney

ITT: we ignore the horrible reality of chadmarines being monopose and therefore dreadful, instead choosing to hoot like we've freshly escaped /pol/.
What happened to you Veeky Forums, you used to be beautiful.

>he doesn't know multi-part Primaris are going to come out

Nigga you dumb

What are those little shields called?

What happened is they gave them /pol/ thinking it would be a containment board but instead it was a place for them to grow and breed. They should have been handing out bans for trying to derail every godamed topic into a race-baiting shitfest.

I think most problems would be solved by just silently - without any announcement - permaban every user using the word "cuck". And I don't care if this would get me banned for this very post.

It's an elegant fix. Solves the problem with minimal inaccuracy and is easy to implement.

>it does offend the eye to break with such a convention
no, that's also just you as well m8

>Karl France
go home phone poster

they opened 100 more shops in less than a year?

or they could just wordfilter it like every other time t.b.h. pham desu senpai

Why are CAD marine angles always razor sharp? Is it to attract the teenagers?

i liked salamanders when they were just a nigs are friendly and charismatic stereotype. (it sounds like you don't know sallies started as african black)

CAD does not equal bad. Get on with the times.

i have to see and deal with niggers everyday on the subway okay.

no way in hell I'm going to paint my $20.00 model so it resembles one of those pavement monkeys

just paint it white. sure GW made the generic pic black, but not all space marines are ultras! and some space marines get painted black but pictured white, and that is fine, so stop complaining and paint your minis how you want.

i know. they still have to physically sculpt, it just gets cleaned up on a PC. nothing wrong, it is just that most CAD minis are monopose.

GW seems to have two sculpting teams. The good one and the shit one. Jes Goodwin is on the good one, and made the Primaris marines and models like the new Ulrik.

The other team made Centurions.

Are you sure there are two teams and it's not just deadline issues?

I just said it seems like it since most of the new models that are CAD are either good/decent or completely retarded looking. The completely retarded looking ones are all similar too, like the skaven storm vermin, the mechanicus robots (i don't care if you like them, they look retarded), and centurions. All the round, dopey looking models. The WK was made by the people in this faction too, although it doesn't look as bad, you can still tell and a WD article mentions the sculptors by names.

They have at least 3-4 sculptors, if not more and some models have more than one sculptor working on it.

Don't know. I doubt it, but I don't see how they would justify it otherwise.
Maybe it'll be sold as a model to celebrate 8th edition? Who knows.

A perma ban would be fantastic.

Problem is, as always, its about money.
/pol/ is very frequented, and hiro isn't going to spit on this sweet sweet ads money.

They could have lightened that skin tone a bit and gone for more of an Indian look. Those guys have aryan features, they exist in larger numbers in the UK, and are a geeking enough demographic that they might actually buy GW product.

Did it ever occur to you fucktards that people have different opinions to you? Like I know you people are completely bigoted but just try and imagine for a moment that there are people out there who aren't happy with the multicult and the destruction of the west, or what's happening in Europe and England.

I know you don't give a fuck about your culture or homeland but there are people that do, and seeing a symptom of the cancer that is causing all these issues in a hobby that is a big part of some people's lives can obviously be quite upsetting.

Just fucking virtue signal somewhere else. By perpetuating the conversation you're exactly being /pol/ outside of /pol/ and are as bad as the original political bait post.

You're not better than people. You're just as much of a piece as shit as everyone else. You're not special. So just sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up, and just fucking ignore bait posts like this next time if you don't want it in your thread.

Jesus FUCK grow a brain.

DID SOMEONE CALL FOR ME, CATO SICARIUS?!

>assumed they were KANGZ
>committed suicide by inquisitor

>Did it ever occur to you fucktards that people have different opinions to you?
They are invited to discuss them on the appropriate platform.

Nigger I agree with some of /pol/ ideas. What bothers me, and I presume other anons, is that I come to Veeky Forums to talk about little plastic men and TTRPGs you silly cunt.
Anything else is polluting the board.
You got your containment board, that's already a lot, so stay the fuck in it.

Actually, he reminds me a lot of this guy but with hair.

...In fact, I think it's the hair that is the least fitting part of it.

Wait, angrier would be more suiting.

From my understanding it's just a store anniversary thing, so when your local store's anniversary comes around they may be selling this alongside an art book covering the past thirty years, what appear to be two large metal dice, and a few other things. I think they did something similar not too long ago when they offered items such as the book of Goodwin's concept art for sale.

Or maybe there are no teams and it simply depends on who the sculptor and perhaps concept artist are. I'm not even sure Goodwin sculpts anymore since he said on WarhammerTV that he sucks at CAD and praised the sculptor who did Celestine. It seems like he may pretty much just do concept work now.

Veeky Forums isn't about free speech, the rules clearly state that the mods reserve the right to ban you for whatever reason they damn well please and all you can do in return is whine to Hiro on twitter.

A lot of people who have a problem with /pol/ don't care so much about the fact that the average user of that board shits themselves when they seen a brown person walking down the street as they do the fact that said users feel the need to freak out about it on boards that have nothing to do with said topic. This does nothing but drags threads down and signals to other people from /pol/ that they can just post however they want and don't have to care about native board culture or anything like that.

It honestly might not even be a problem if the average /pol/ user came off as intelligent, but instead they come off as the type of people who do nothing but look at facebook, twitter, and youtube all day.

The 100th store in US/Canada was opened in 2016.

Nobody's saying you have to, just that you're a whiny baby if you get triggered by the very idea of minis painted like black dudes.

Yeah you're right, there's a ressemblance, but the hair is definitely not African looking, hence the problem.

I think the Excelsior is rad as fuck, since he's well made (and well painted, his skin contrasts with his robes nicely). The mental image of an African preacher smashing Chaos left and right with a massive accent is just fantastic. A proper african preacher is something to behold when you're used to calm, solemn eurppean priests.

Forgot the picture.

>the destruction of the west

The west is quite literally more prosperous than it's ever been at any time in history. People with different coloured skin to you have made no difference on that.

You know what's actually having the greatest negative impact on people's lives in the west? Inflation, which has nothing to do with immigrants or race, and everything to do with the ulttra-wealthy hoarding increasingly vast pools of money and devaluing everything everyone else owns.

>Just fucking virtue signal somewhere else.

Shitpost about how much you hate niggers somewhere else, faggot. This isn't the venue for it. This is Veeky Forums, not your blog.

Human progress is not defined by material you souless cretin.

Technological advancement is a sign of societal decay. The apple looks ripe, the innards are Nurgles worms.

>The mental image of an African preacher smashing Chaos left and right with a massive accent is just fantastic.
I think I can 1-up that.

>Technological advancement is a sign of societal decay.
lel what the fuck? Please present me a study for this. Shit, start by explaining what in the fuck could possibly make you think this. I think you're just tossing vague ideas together in your head.

I'll bet you one internet point he's going to talk about the Roman Fall.

>Human progress is not defined by material you souless cretin.

The material and the immaterial go hand in hand in regard to society.

Our discoveries have brought us better knowledge of the universe than ever, better rights than ever, better standards of education and living than ever, better healthcare than ever, etc. All these things enrich the lives of humans and give us the capacity to do more and be more within the span of our lives.

>Technological advancement is a sign of societal decay.

This has never been true at any point in history.

But, please, if you feel that way, feel free to go live out in the wilderness without medicine, or the internet you're using right now, or manmade tools of any kind. Have fun dying after most likely a month, and, if you do survive that long, living to the age of 45 at most.

You've gotten far to into the Imperium meme, boy. You realize it's fiction, right? We don't actually live in the 40K universe with daemons and psykers and machine spirits.

Why is a study needed when it is clearly identifiable by the atomisation of individuals in the west and the destruction of any real community that is not an artificial construct to make people with meaningless lives feel apart of something?

History is not linear, nor is human progress. It is cyclical. This is proven by Oswald Spengler in Decline of the West.

Civilisations, their culture, aspirations and ideals go through 4 stages:

>Inception
>Development
>Maturity
>Decline

Hard times make hard men, hard men make good times, good times make soft men, soft men make hard times.

The alleged 'Western civilisation' is in its twilight. It is ruins of its past principals and what created the civilisation. It is in free fall destruction.

When the cycle ends a new civilisation begins, often with ideals, principals and a culture totally seperate from the one that came before.

The quotation "technological advancement is a symptom of societal decay" is from Italian metaphysicist Julius Evola.

"What is really required to defend ‘the West’ against the sudden rise of these barbaric and elemental forces is the strengthening, to an extent perhaps still unknown to Western man, of a heroic vision of life. Apart from the military-technical apparatus, the world of the ‘Westerners’ has at its disposal only a limp and shapeless substance – and the cult of the skin, the myth of ‘safety’ and of ‘war on war’, and the ideal of the long, comfortable, guaranteed, ‘democratic’ existence, which is preferred to the ideal of the fulfilment which can be grasped only on the frontiers between life and death in the meeting of the essence of living with the extreme of danger."

That is to say the plebs do not know it is over, until they themselves endure the hardship and feel, or they themselves are over.

He probably is, yeah.

Which is hilarious because it had nothing to do with technology OR race. In fact, the period leading up to the fall has been marked as a time of particular stagnation in education and innovation for Rome.

The one comparison you could make to late Rome and our current society is that we too have an upper crust of monstrously corrupt, fabulously wealthy, poorly educated nobles with no real drive (or need) to do anything but increase their wealth and occasionally dabble in politics when they feel like it.

>start by explaining what in the fuck could possibly make you think this

>fidget spinners

>proven

I don't think you know what that means.

If you mean that Spengler picked a few choice examples and pretended to prove that all civilizations act the same way then sure.

And Julius Evola was a socially maladapted fascist who just wanted to excuse his barely-contained desires to hurt people. It's telling that he so admired Himmler and the SS, because he wanted simply wanted the moral freedom to do whatever he wanted and hurt whoever he wanted.

Fidget spinners are the Pogs or Beyblades of our youth, I don't see what all the moaning is about.

Christ mate, bet you're fun at the pub.

>History is not linear, nor is human progress. It is cyclical. This is proven by Oswald Spengler in Decline of the West.

Bollocks is it.