MtG Hours of Devastation 20/06 Spoilers

We got the UR god.

Frayed Sanity
Enchantment - Curse

Enchant player
At the beginning of each end step, enchanted player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is the total number of cards drawn this turn.

>relic of progenitus is now too strong for standard.

Why does wotc hate fun?

Land of Scavengers
Land - Desert

T: Add C to your mana pool.
2, T, Sacrifice a Desert: Exile all cards from all graveyards.

Because they want you playing draft.

That's not bad. He'll be decent in draft at least.

Ramunap Hydra
Creature - Hydra

Vigilance, Reach, Trample
Ramunap Hydra gets +1/+1 as long as you control a desert.
Ramunap Hydra gets +1/+1 as long as you have a desert card in your graveyard.

If they wanted me playing draft, the should get rid of mythics that completely invalidate the draft when they're in a pack.

do we really need decks to have relic as an 8 of?
this card is fine

so that is why he was worthy...

4 for a 3/3 with Vigilance, Reach, Trample.

Isn't that pretty good all by itself? Let alone possible making it a 5/5?

I'd love this card in EDH if it cost 3 less and had 3 less power/toughness.

Haha, Yeah. Yeah they should.

Fuck Phyrexia.crd

possible 4/4
possible 5/5
wow... -1-1 desert anyone?

>Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell you may copy that spell. You may chose new targets for the copy.

I might pick this up just to fuck with a few decks in my edh group. Fuck you, Ghave and Mizzix.

God damn that art is cool.

>locust god
>not black
>not even black/green
what the FUCK is wrong with wizards?

How do I play black reanimator/zombie tribal, if there is stuff like ground seal/ rest in peace/leyline of the void/grafdigger's cage etc and black can deal with none of that? It also supposedly doesn't hamper other decks, so they aren't likely to remove it

I hope this is out of standard by the time we get to Dominara, in case we get more thallids.

Yay, going in my colorless EDZ deck for them sweet exile->graveyard boosts.
:)

All of the gods in this set are Bolas colors, so no green. And black goes to the scarab god because there's the whole thing about scarabs and curses.

>Remove constructed playable cards.
>Either Constructed suffers, or Draft does.
Almost sounds like Draft was an idea that sounds good on paper, but isn't actually that great in practice and a nightmare to handle.

In my profession we don't continue supporting things like that.

You now realize this works with cumulative upkeep costs.

Knowing artifacts and enchantments are your deck's greatest enemy, splash green or white for removal of those.

You have a backup plan. Reanimator is strong when it works, but it's one of the easiest to disrupt strats. You're in black, so have some big bodies and kill spells to disrupt your opponent's plan. Alternatively, play in Golgari colors so that you can get primo artifact/enchantment hate and even more reanimator support.

>Planeswalkers and instants can still have counter
Too bad wizard have such a boner for their OC donutsteel

>people thought it would be an Eldrazi

Y'all some dumb cunts.

I am only aware of one spell that can have counters on the stack.

Are there more?

Fucking how?

>players can't get counters
>this was the anti-energy card

As ever too little, too late. That said, Mardu just got outs to marvel-less marvel.

' This combos with Phyrexian Unlife to make it where you can never die from damage.

Haha, did you see my comment on other site? Yeah...I shit post lots of places.

What are you talking about? The 1T ability actually can hit something of value now. I'd pay 2 for that.

I mean no I wouldn't but still.

Not having this be BG is a mistake. Just why?

This card would literally make planeswalkers unplayable if it affected them

Because the three gods are UB, BR and UR because Bolas is UBR.

Duh.

What if the Dominaria set is new phyrexia invading Dominaria?

This card could be indicative of their worry that infect or new version of infect might be too strong

RIP delirium lol

Reddit narrative science. I guess that is the target audience for the Magic: Story. I've seen better D&D campaigns run by very untalented people...

Saying with me now: all three of these gods are two of the three grixis colors. Green is not grixis. And scarabs are more associated with black because of curses.

And insects aren't red or blue. Your point?

These are. Get over it, nerd.

Fine by me.

And that's not an insect, it's a god who looks like one.

unless tezzeret gave the new phyrexia the blue print of the planar portal to counter bolas army

>"Pull From Tomorrow for 8, make 8 dudes?"

Yes. YES

These insects are red and blue.

Have you read the card? Or are you just so quick to defend wizards that you can't be bothered.

>blue insect cycle from innistrad/return

Cant let the new combo piece for Ad Nauseam Unlife to stop it from winning with Lightning Storm.

There actually is 13 red insects. The only mono-blue insects are the innistrad cycle

He's a blue and red god who makes blue and red insects. He's magic, he ain't gotta explain shit. There's nothing that needs defending here. All of the gods are in Bolas colors which means one of them has to get shafted from black. This one doesn't do anything really black, so he's the one that didn't get black.

Atraxa and Newzuri decks will now pack much more artifact/enchantment kill

Atraxa Superfriends is still fine. They might even run Solemnity themselves.

Oh yes. I'm brewing some Enchantress with this.

It makes for a great combo piece with Persist creatures after all.

will this not combo with thing in the ice because you need at least one counter to remove?

>Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, remove an ice counter from Thing in the Ice. Then if it has no ice counters on it, transform it.
Yes, it works. Thing flips right after the first instant/sorcery.

Most interesting card in the set by far. Not saying much though

Oh boy, Nekusar is going to have some fun with this

im seeing a theme here of WOTC fucking up the top-down design for B/R legendaries.

Looks like my Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind EDH deck got some new staples.

As a casual tryhard EDH player, most of you already know what I'll do with this overcosted bait. Grenzo 2.0 and Purphoros will be entertaining on top of a pile of tokens. Wish it had -1 cmc, toughness, and activation cost - maybe even "whenever a player discards a card, create a Locust" instead.

I like it

Bojuka bog 2, darude boogaloo

You don't even need to do that.

All you need is skull clamp, ashnod's altar and phyrexia altar

Use clamp and Ashnod's altar to draw your deck and spawn a bunch of tokens, play phyrexia altar with all the mana you have lying around and then sac tokens to phyrexia to cast whatever you need to win.

The only Eldrazi in the Amonkhet story is Nissa

Sooooo are these gods under Bolas thumb or were they just banished to outside the city?

They're under Bolas' thumb, and have been sealed away and forgotten about by the population of Amonkhet.

A creature that shits out 1/1 haste flier tokens on carddraw isn't black OR green OR black/green.
It's an insect that makes insects solely because they went with PLAGUE OF LOCUSTS theming to go with the whole everything's getting fucked thing the plane's going through.

Tezzeret is Bolas's pawn.
Tezzeret fucking hates New Phyrexia more than anything else because they are disgusting abominations. He also knows full well what happens if they get planar capabilities.
Not only does he know that Bolas is capable of keeping an eye on him (and can utterly fuck him over at any time), but he knows that no matter how much he hates Bolas, helping New Phyrexia is worse.
New Phyrexia isn't getting the Kaladeshi portal unless Bolas wants them to get it.

Yeah, I already proxied Locust God... I fucking need this. With all of the draw power of a Firemind deck, being able to shit out this many tokens is insane.

Hmm
>Locust makes token when drawing cards
>Scorpion enables card draw

Wonder if the third God will combo with the others for Grixis goodness?

they've been mind raped into being Bolas' minions

Does something whenever a token enters the battlefield?

well this is an interesting variation on mill

The best guess I have seen is

>whenever another creature you control etb put a -1/-1 counter on target creature

>whenever a creature dies, target opponent puts the top card of their library into their graveyard
Dimir isn't allowed to be fun, it can only be mill.

When UB isn't milling it's hurting feefees and we can't have that.

Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature
1br create a token creature

Sorry, UB hot mixed up

I think that would be too strong.
Maybe something like:
Whenever a creature you control deals damage to a player, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
1UB: Another target creature you control can't be blocked this turn.

Only thing that bugs (hehe) me is that the looting costs 4. I think it could have safely costed 3.

That's what Venser's Brain is for.

If it did, then you would almost certainly be making 3 haste flying tokens next turn plus his own 4/4 flying body (on top of whatever's already on the board)

well ain't this a kick in the head

>All these hate and combo enabling cards getting printed,

Thank you based Wizards

What was Tezz doing in New Phyrexia anyways? Scoping out tech like Torpor Orb? Mining Darksteel? Trying to become the Father of Machines?

brb brewing janky mmemdern decks again

The looting shits out 1/1 fliers with haste, you're paying 2 for the looting and 2 for the token.

Scouting shit, because Bolas is too lazy to do so himself.

>1/1 hasty flyer costs 2

a bit expensive by contemporary power levels

Dominaria seems to be right after Ixalan.

It's a flying 1/1 body with haste, it sure as hell ain't gonna cost 1 mana.

not for a repeatable effect is isn't