Settings your players would never allow

Hey Veeky Forums what's that one setting that you always wanted to play but couldn't because no one else in their right mind would join? We all have that one pet setting that we ourselves know is too weeb, autistic, or just plain stupid to suggest, but want to run anyways.

I'll start
>Tales From the Riverbank

You mean The Wind in the Willows, right? RIGHT?

I've always wanted to play a fun RANCE game but it's far too rapey even for fatguys.

OP here, I meant what I said, but this looks so incredibly comfy. Im going to have to look into this.
Also, what else is there in Rance besides booty plundering?

Star Trek. Because three of us are huge Trekkies, and the rest aren't, so they'd just be along for the ride while we nerd out with each other. Though, given that we can easily spend hours talking about the show, I really want to give it a shot with just those two guys. If we're going to talk about it anyway, we might as well throw a few dice while we're at it.

>Also, what else is there in Rance besides booty plundering?
Diplomacy. X-treme diplomacy.

Why can't you do diplomacy in a non-Rance game?

Wouldnt be X-Treme enough.

Never going to get a chance to run this comedy campaign

not bad got a grin out of it

Midnight

Anything that I could run in with Ryuutama.

I just want to play a comfy game where I can play a merchant traveling with the cute farmer girl that he has a crush on and holds hands with traveling around doing merchanty things.

But the rest of the group just wants to play their quirky randumb shadowrunners and edgy Black Crusaders and dungeon delving murder hobos.

I somehow managed to bully my players into playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R, so nothing is out of my reach I guess.
Half-Life, here I come next.

I want to run a comfy Belle Epoque military horror sim.

But I play with a Pathfag and a guy who has played in more than ten campaigns, all of them as Solid Snake. Fucking kill me.

That sounds like hell.

>Earth vs. Martian colonies sci-fi
>Alt-history Cold War proxy wars
>Quasi-Metal Gear military sci-fi
>MAID
Not only are my friends Pathfags, they only play in
>Real world with fantasy /v/ characters (Arthas in Antarctica, for example)
or
>Fantasy /v/ multiverse campaigns (Skyrim and Azeroth linked by planar portals)
I would be more invested if I actually played any of the games they used as reference, but pretty much every fantasy setting gets boring after a while. And my town is too small and conservative to have a thriving Veeky Forums community (not even an FLGS).

>I'd like to explore the Flaxen Vale and get lost in the Night Moan Mountains.

Is this just a concept or something you've properly thought through? Because it sounds great.

I'd love to do a Space Dandy campaign, might be a little too weird for my players.

A campaign where the players are WW1 soldiers in the trenches. That'd be fun. Just high action moments with high deadliness spaced out by long moments of quietness and character building and hijinks with the rest of the troops.

I really want to run a Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup game but most of my players like storytelling and the other one is a DCSS god so I don't know how to approach it.

Anything cyberpunk

I always wanted to try Nobilis or Changeling but I could never find a good group.

Hell, where to start.

>Most of my horror themed games
After several of my players where unable to sleep, two developed permanent phobias and one suffered from nightmares for a week.

>Mechanical world games
Varies, but either they would fuck up or (knowing me) they would fall under the "horror" tag

>Neon Genesis Evangelion
I am a massive fan, but my players have yet to ascent to this. Also, see the horror tag.

>Girls und Panzer
Yet another series I fanboy over, but most of my players dont care for it, and would prefer fighting on foot to tank warfare

>My alt-reality dimensional invasion lovecraftian horror WW2 setting
A huge NOPE from the players. Also they dont like guns much

>Most of Veeky Forumss home made RPG's
Its just finding the players and the time.

I did this once. The world WAS a dungeon. There were tales of the above world but no one knew how to get back to it; so many adventurers had gotten lost in the dungeon that they gave up and began making homes there, and all that were left were their great great great descendants. Similar to city of ember if you've ever read that. There was a main city with altars to all the gods in the center. It had a ton of guards to keep small threats out and warn the town of larger threats approaching. There were a few other established towns, but most of the place was mapped out and exploration had become so infrequent that many cities didn't know of each other, or how to get from one to another.

The party was part of a sort of exploring group, led be an octopode and second in command formicid. They took jobs guarding traders or delivering goods themselves.

There were a city of only felid who hired the players to check out an area, where they found several orcs fighting a hydra. The orcs were given the choice to join the company, then that night they tried kill them and steal their shit, going off to try to summon beogh. A lot of the plot revolved around the many deities of the game. As for races/classes, I was using 5e and made up whatever races the players were interested in, and classes were a subclass of whatever class they were closest to. All I had to do was stat a couple of poison spells for a poison mage player.

All in all, 10/10 would DM again. You can have lots of storytelling if you don't just make it a hexcrawl

Changeling the Lost. Fat chance here, most of my friends think it's a silly game and the one who doesn't is on another continent.

Anything not Pathfinder. Fucking fags they are.

That sounds fuckin amazing, like a DnD Metro: 2033. Any chance you have the writeups and custom classes and stuff? I think I want to run something like this.