/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Last Thread: "Regret everything" edition

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/7tk3pN8g
pastebin.com/JCpK3pUa
pastebin.com/Y0Ew0Pik
pastebin.com/4dkW0n83
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/31/34/db/3134db11b1bb12058b0f9ae0ded79654.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The answers, don't look before you have made your decision

you're not my mom

What authorfag makes the most chuuni cyoas with powerlevels and everything?

Can you repeat that in english

Last Ten hours before we close on build collection for the PDF.

Keep in mind even if your build isn't collected now it doesn't mean I won't grab it for future use in the universe. I'll still be collecting builds, characters and suggestions.

Also there will be a two day grace period once I fully compile my list of characters going on the ballot if you submitted and I somehow missed you.

Thanks again for everything folks! Current list will be posted in a few hours once I make my way through the last 200 pages of the build bin.

Highlander.

Which authorfag makes the cyoa with the most flamboyant lore and characters who are extremely powerful and makes it fun?

Yeah, they can huddle around a dude. Let's see how long they or the dude lasts with this lifestyle.

So let's say they have 2 defenders on guard responsible for these people, in order for them to take shifts when sleep is needed. That's 2 defenders distracted with this duty, and there's only so many people they can effectively watch over.

So how do I counter this? Train stalkers to move in to attack, then pull back. Train Valkyries to fly around, but never actually get close enough to be damaged. They likely have a procedure for the citizens once the alarm is raised to prevent friendly fire in the chaos. So I just cause false alarms, consistently but irregularly. Throw some real attacks in there too in order to ensure every single evacuation is taken as seriously as possible.

Despair is the goal, not kills. No need to kill a population without the will to live, when you can just drive them to suicide.

Reposting CYOA

>a cat, a creature the majority of whose brain is devoted to its visual cortex and that is notoriously stupid, represents the perfect mind
Should be a monkey or wolf or pig. Or be themed around vision instead of intellect.

Anyway, green and parrot, not bad.

What author makes the Choose Your Own Adventures most reminiscent of an eighth grader who believes they have magical powers or identifies (in the psychological sense) with an anime character, complete with quantifications of the power or ability of different options?

How new are you that you don't know what a chuuni or even a powerlevel is?

I intentionally ignore as much wapanese as possible

user, that's unfair. Cats are stupid mammals, it's true, but as mammals they are geniuses compared to most animals.

That said I'm also irritated that people think cats are smarter than dogs. Just because dogs are easily excitable and friendly.

I mean, both of the other animals there are smarter than cats as well (one of which is a mammal, of course).

Still need a 4th party member to finish up the defenders team!

Current defenders

So how does this build collection work? what are the requirements to qualify?

Yeah, that much is hilarious.

Should the main planet of my CYOA have one region/continent made up of floating islands, or should I save it for the expansion where you'll get an overview of various other planets and just have a floating island planet there?

pastebin.com/7tk3pN8g

Slots, hulls, etc are explained on right of intro logo, in Basics.

pastebin.com/JCpK3pUa

Reposting from last thread

Infantry squad has a typo, it says "your second-in-command in competent enough"

>1
Alraune
Harvest

>2
Fortune

>3
Light melee (1)
2xTanks (34)
Service Personnel (16)
7xInfantry Squad (49)

>4
Sarah Goodman

This is all about holding the line and protecting mankind, by providing food and having an innate danger sense I'll be able to alleviate a bit of the stress and horror. Ill suited for rapid deployment obviously, but such is the life of civilian protection. The mixture of food supplies, medical supplies and protecting your kinsmen should be more than enough to keep moral in top condition.

Yeah I can see how possession represents change from purple potion but it's kinda stretching the meaning
It's also strictly inferior to all other cat options
At last the base cat bonus is pretty good

If there's a build I collect it, mark it down and add it to the now 600+ Page document of builds I've collected. All it needs to be is a build with some fluff text.

pastebin.com/Y0Ew0Pik

>So I just cause false alarms, consistently but irregularly. Throw some real attacks in there too in order to ensure every single evacuation is taken as seriously as possible.

>Fortune
>Personally, what I think is the greatest part of this ability is that it gives you an intuitive sense of security. There will be times when you truly feel safe for no good reason in particular. These times will never be interupted by danger.
>It's nice to predict special times when you and your friends can all drop their guard and have a little fun.

It is literally stated in the power that you get to feel secure and you're garaunteed times where you wont get interrupted and can relax.

By defacto it makes it impossible for you to harass people often enough to put them permanently on edge.

pastebin.com/4dkW0n83

NSFW character art.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/31/34/db/3134db11b1bb12058b0f9ae0ded79654.jpg

Do people want 7 waifus 7 husbandos, or 14 waifus?

Boosters:
>Endurance
>Might
>Magnetism
>Flawed Intelligence
>Flawed Virility
>Flawed Perpetuity

Matches:
>Queen Irrelatexen
>Nelphi

Two cute hive queens. I can convince Irrela to move to earth and Nelphi has no preferences about that. It will work out fine. Sure, sometimes I need to take a nap and sometimes I start to forget things but I'm sure things will work out.

Since I have Intelligence
>Thomasine Luby
>Ealasaid Seow
>Lori Varraso
They all need some tender love. What the fuck are these names?

This is bearing in mind I am not gay, and would essentially be shooting in the dark with husbandos.

yes

As long as one of the waifus is a muscle girl with a secret soft side I don't mind

fuck you

7*7*14 waifus. 686 waifus. ALL the waifus!

If you want to challenge yourself, then do husbandos too

No.

Great stonky squid tiddies batman...
14 waifus, please.

What is the largest waifu CYOA with the largest amount of select able waifus?

Yeah, but that's an oasis in a desert.

Once again, you miss the point. Even if they get to feel safe occasionally, getting interrupted from their daily lives by what is mostly false alarms is what makes people bitter.

My target is not the defenders.

With the skillset I have, any area I have influence over must be under watch by multiple defenders, specifically with the Fortune tattoo. This also has the purpose of taking away the other defenders' "You can relax now" sense because they have to deal with civilians. This continues until the war ends, and with the information network I have, any time they falter I can exploit that opportunity.

When someone has something they need to protect, target that.

Reposting from the end of the last thread

>Golem(Sword)
>Experience

Personal Items
>Medium Gun(LMG)
>Heavy Melee(Maul)
>Launched Explosives(RPG)
>Arachne Silk Armor
Heavy Items
>Neo Medical Bay
Staff
>Infantry Squad
>Special Ops
Upgrades
>Magic Ammo(RPG)

General
>Melody Shepherd

Somebody's gotta fight on the front lines, might as well be a big fast rock man with unlimited explosives and a machine gun.

>Magical girl (Purity)
>Split
>Stealth armor x2
>HMD x2
>Artificial intelligence
>Alarm System
>Sarah goodman

We go surgically eliminating vital enemies on hordes to make cleaning up much much easier

Personally, I want 14 waifus, but to try and push yourself as an author, and to make a more fair CYOA for anyone not interested in Waifus, I feel I should recommend the 7 of each option.

I'll totally be excited if you pick the 14 waifu option though.

Branching Heart if we're talking 'pure' waifu cyoa. Probably traveller if waifuable companions count.

Probably either Branching Hearts, or that Marry-A-Goddess one.

Golem:Shield and Sword
Tatoo: Extra special
Personal items:Heavy Gun,Heavy melee, Heavy power armor
Heavy items: Power generator, Alarm system
Staff:Infantry squad, Service personnel
Boss:Natalie Thompson

Well, I'm a tank, what else can I say. A hulking mass of stone and metal which out-dakkas or out-stomp his enemies

I'm personally not interested in husbandos (bros are okay though), so I would prefer just waifus.
You could go for something like 10 waifus/4 husbandos, if you want to test out the waters though.

Eh, okay. Probably waifus or majority waifus.

I should note these aren't locked-in waifus -- you could be bros with them as seems okay with.

Orange, Bear
I am now a superhero. This went better than expected.

Picking-A-Goddess has 50 some Goddess and more coming apparently.

Here:
Kitsune/Reactive
Support

Medium Gun (Sniper Rifle): 93
Medium Melee (Staff): 88
Stealth Armor: 73
Nerve Controller: 60
Shield Deployer: 40
Special Ops: 28
Aimbot [Shield Deployer]: 16
Regen Armor [Stealth Armor]: 0

Sarah Goodman

Essentially, I provide combat support for allies through "Support", illusions, and the shield deployer, while also taking out targets from a hidden position.

What the hell, I'll give it a shot
Powers:
Possession with Long Con
Dark Portal with Colossal Portal
Direct Control with Upgrade
Broodmother with Painless

Monsters: Dragonx2, Outsider Medic, Devourer, Goliath

I'll posses someone, get them to smuggle my body into a defenseless city, and set up a portal for my monsters. Then I'll jump in the portal back to safety and take control of the Goliath to smash shit up while dragons (who are being healed by the medics) guard my weak point. Devourers for max collateral damage. Then, even when the humans clear my army out, their refugees will be full of infiltrators to set up the next attack. Broodmother and painless because my units are hard to replace and I'm not enough of a dick to let them live in 24/7 agony

Her job is to lure in the mighty beings of the abyss and get "donations" from them. So she has to be hot. And her boobs have other other purposes to.

>Then I'll jump in the portal back to safety
You are the portal user

14 waifus

I have a version that gives 120 credits. Which one is the right one?

>Blessing of /k/
>summon rare, expensive, and extinct guns
YES
It's too bad there's no Blessing of Veeky Forums. The ability to have Jason-Statham-in-Transporter levels of driving skill with any vehicle would be radical.

Have more Waifus

That is a lot of squish banking on no one seeing through the stealth armor

oh. then I guess I'll just pose as an unconscious civilian or whatever. still a good strategy

14 Companions

The stealth armor is meant to be stealthy clearly it won't be seen and considering that purity gives flight even if we got *somehow* detected hitting us would be still hard

Nomi, those boobs, man, how could I pick anyone else?

I don't think standalone companions work that well.

unless you close the portal you'll be pretty obvious

>Race
Golem (Shield)

>Tattoo
Natural Weapons

>Personal Items
Light Gun, Heavy Gun, Light Melee, Medium Melee, Heavy Power Armor

>Heavy Items
Turrets,

>Staff
Infantry Squad

>Upgrades
Magic Ammo, Weightless Armor, Regen Armor

Think about it anons, I have shield, which makes me nigh invincible already. Then I have natural, weightless, regenerating heavy power armor, boosting my defense and my power immensely while also not limiting my speed. I've got my rocks and my magical machine guns to attack from long distances, and my swords, axes, fists, and daggers to attack up close. I'm gonna be almost unkillable, even if they get past my naturally regenerating armor, I regenerate myself and can take most beatings without a scratch.

Pink

How many characters do I have to get in before you'll marry me?

I usually do something like 10-12 waifus and 2-3 husbandos.

>Olivia wants you to be a girl(male)
>You are a big guy For you with a lot of body hair
God fucking dammit i will take ella and show her lots of places full of flowers and stuff

>Superhuman
>Tech
>Experience
>Heavy gun (10) Heavy Machine Gun
>Light gun (3) Pistol
>2 Light Melee (1) Combat knives
>Heavy Power Armor (25)
>HMD (7)
>Vitals Chip (9)

Total of 56 points for personal equipment, 64 left (100+20 from Tech)

>Power Generator (12)
>Alarm System (11)
>Spec Ops squad (12)
>2 turrets with heavy guns (16 points each), missile pods.
Total of 120 points spent. A combatant and defender, I'll take the role of the first line of defense, using my HMG to cut down all types of enemies assisted by the spec-ops team taking out priority threats and turrets keeping massed and airborne threats at bay.
Seeing as beat me to it, I guess I'll be on a different team.

Less fuzzy version 1/2.

Considering the kind of suicide missions you'd likely go on, I feel bad for that lone Infantry Squad

How is Blessing of Veeky Forums different from just doing the next cyoa posted?

I think it would be very easy to make the Knight crack. When her insults start to annoy you, start to pretend like they're really hurting you. Act like you don't think she loves you at all, and act depressed all the time. Enough of this, and I think she would be so guilt ridden she'd completely give up the facade, and she'd apologize over and over, and hug you tightly.

I can't sacrifice someone else just to have a waifu... So I guess I'm not getting one...

2/2

>taking heavy gun turrets for 16 point
>when tanks are 17 point and come with a free heavy gun

for what purpose

isn't the defensive abilities of Armour weaker than the defensive abilities of Powerhouse?

>Drake
>Imbue
>Natural Weapons
>Heavy Gun
Focused on penetrating power and range, slowish firerate, preferably as a breathweapon.
>Light Melee
Enhanced claws for enhanced ripping and tearing.
>Launched Explosives
As explosive bolts of my flame, because the Fiends can't get you when they're exploding and on fire.
>Heavy Power armor
As an enhanced body because dragon girls should be able to rip and tear with impunity, or at least do a good job of it.
>Magic Ammo
So I wont ever run out of power and can keep shooting holes in things as often as I can fire.
>Flight Armor
So I'll be faster in the air, and even tougher.
>Restored Explosives
So I can keep everything exploding and on fire.
>HMD
So I can keep track of what I'm exploding and be told by others what needs to explode.
>Melody Shepherd
So my explosions explode better.

My build is actually unchanged from the last time I posted it, which is strange as I used to keep changing my build around. Anyway I hope there's a team out there that wants explosions and long range weapon fire, and doesn't mind that I didn't spend anything on our base.

I'd take care of the more dangerous fiends, and leave them to mostly either hold down the fort, or take care of the lesser fiends while I take on the more powerful ones.

Oh, and I forgot my boss, Sarah Goodman

Fuck. My math sucks, apparently. Remove a turret and add infantry. Leftover points to support civilians as penance for my failure at basic calculation.
For static defence and for independent operation. As long as it has power, a turret can operate without input. A tank needs crew. Plus I'm doing static defense anyways.

It would be under the right circumstances. Getting through shield is all or nothing as it will immediately refill any gap. Minor wounds suffered with powerhouse can still build up. If lots of machine gun fire was hitting you, the bruising might build up enough to be a problem, but shield would ignore it indefinitely.

Plus, shield is a point cheaper.

if everyone is making a defender, I will make a ravager

okay lets go:
dark portal, upgrade instant teleport
possession, upgrade long con
virality, upgrade undying
technomancy, hack

you will all bow to me fools
lets see units:
champions and their warbeasts
death walkers
outsider medics
stalkers
and infiltators

Not him. How would you ensure regular Companions are not interpreted as waifus or husbandos, beyond just not mentioning anything romantic about them? (Forced waifus/husbandos anyway, if someone wants to they can go ahead?)