What went so RIGHT?

What went so RIGHT?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Warhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Age_of_Sigmar
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They started listening to their customers rather than resent and ignore them.

nothing?

I assume you mean the 8th Edition?
It's another unfinished public testing game.
The game mechanics aren't realy balanced and most units are somewhat broken.
With the community playtesting the system and showing from day to day how fucking broken some things in the 8th are, we can only wait for a FAQ to fix some of this mess.
It seems, that Gdubs wants the players to buy and field certain units and ignore the rest.

Nice for beginners, but every gamer with a bit of brain left will be bored soon.

New management. Shame it didn't come in time to have a hope of salvaging the Horus Heresy.

/thread

They re-aimed their core market from young kids who spend £200 then disappear, to the mugs like who will gleefully pay £15 for a single monopose character model and £5 for official GW superglue, along with £40 for the rulebook, £25 for the "alliance" book and another £25 for the codex, except half the newer units are in a £20 supplement so they get that too.

Or fantasy

AoS was the first right thing they did in recent years.

Let's not user. It would be interesting to see how a fully staffed Design Studio would have handled it, rather than the gutted crew of interns and nobodies that it currently is.

Fantasy was ded but that doesn't make AoS any less shit.

They improved fantasy because in 40k you know who the "that guy" player is due to his army.

In fantasy every race was common so if you wanted to play someone for the first time, you had no idea if they were dumb and stupid.

Now thanks to snorecast eternals, you can simply look at their army and be like "no thanks ill wait for the next guy"

>manlet manlet manlet
they successfully intimidated insecure neckbeards into burning their old marine models and buying a set of completely new ones

>Chaos making a circular shield wall formation

That legitimately looks amazing. If I were to look at that from a distance, the Sigmarines look far more antagonistic and villainous than the warriors.

literal cuck

this

I spy
>Giants
>bestigor
>minotaurs
>warriors
>stormfeinds
>doom wheel
>gor
>lightning cannon
>cygor

Versus

>a bunch of the same guy on dragoncats
>a bunch of the same guy with 2 handed hammers
>a bigger dragoncat

>In fantasy every race was common so if you wanted to play someone for the first time, you had no idea if they were dumb and stupid.

Yeah, now they just need to play AoS and you instantly notice they're dumb

I don't know if you play AoS or not, but the things in the back like the giants have a longer reach, so once the chaos warriors take the charge, the giants etc can attack over-top from behind them without taking damage from the stormcast melee.

The original White Dwarf Magazines.

Here's a Repo containing all the old stuff: mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

AoS is pretty fun m8.
better than marines vs marines all the time

I used to play Fantasy but all the way back in 6th ed and just with friends locally rather than meta. That sounds incredible. My only beef with AoS (I've come to terms with the setting somewhat) is the "samey" syndrome of the Sigmarines.

Its like 40k. There just seems to be a dryness about them and a "oh look...more sigmarines". Is the one thing I preferred in Fantasy over 40k. There was variation and no particular faction was overtly dull or dry.

But rant aside, thats awesome. The rules too seem nice and streamlined. I was thinking of getting a small contingent of night gobbos or Chaos Warriors for funzies.

That's why nobody plays it

So just don't collect stormcast. There are many armies.
Spider Gobbos are really good right now.

Re-hiring matt ward and making guilliman the new emperor

Fantasy is free from GW's clutches.

Sick minis, gritty but solid work there.

I'm more of a Night Gobbo fellow. I noticed in the picture the Chaos were mixed in with Beastmen. From what little I know, is it not the case a Warscroll must only use the units in that selected Warscroll? Or can Chaos mix it up?

I would also extend that question to the Goblins. Can I use Forest, Night and regular Gobbos together?

AOS still exists, so not a thing

..I .... I play it...

Lucky for you stormcast eternals are not the only army in the game. Sure a lot of people play them, but I went to a couple tournaments and they are by far not the most common army played.

There are dozens of other choices of armies, and the start collecting boxes are great ways to get started.

Thank fuck I play neither then. Feel bad if that's how your local scene is.

Of course it's fun, there's nothing more to it than Area of Effect buffs and positioning in charges. I'd rather spend an hour playing Blood Bowl, Frostgrave or Song of Blades and Heroes with miniatures that actually appeal to me and cost a reasonable amount.

Then you are dumb and you should feel bad

Yep, this cancer is what all 40kucks have to look forward to and have inflicted upon the rest of us.

You have to understand, that by 'nobody' he means 'people i can relate to'. So when he sais nobody plays it, that means nobody he likes plays it. It doesn't matter that it's reaching new heights of popularity and ranking among the top 5 games in the states.

>Blood Bowl

Not him and its still my favourite tabletop game. But jesus I think seeing one of your best blocker fall over and die is the most gut wrenching thing during a league. RIP Balgus ;_;

Warscrolls are just the units stats.
You can use anything in the Grand Alliance you are a part of. (Order, Chaos, Death, Destruction)
Chaos Grand alliance lets you use ANYTHING From 'old' chaos, daemons, skaven, beastmen, etc.

Destruction is ANYTHING from orcs, goblins, and ogres. So yes you can combine any gobbos together, they will be Grand Alliance Destruction.

Well. That changes a lot. Thanks, I picked up Grand Alliance Chaos to have a look. But I may pick up the core and battlebook with beasts too.

Which one highlighs the rule of mixing warscrolls and which one with the point values?

And now there are two versions of it!

People BUY it for sure. Some paint it too.
Then most circlejerk about ''who's the most powerful'' and shit like that. At least in my meta, but talking with other people made me realise that it is equally retarded basically everywhere

>it's reaching new heights of popularity and ranking among the top 5 games in the states.

That commonly mentioned list is awful methodology wise. Even then, hasn't it come a lofty 4th in like one quarter in the three or so years since release? Hardly amazing.

handy reference chart

Wow, even after so long, the denial and butthurt is still real. Keep at it fags, I am sure your own peception of reality may one day manifest, but don't count on it.

>'old' chaos
>skaven
You should feel bad

The Generals Handbook has points, but don't buy it right now because the new one is coming out soon since they are updating the points.

You don't need any other books, just go on the site and you can select your alliance, and all the warscrolls are there for free.

games-workshop.com/en-CA/Warhammer

Sorry by 'old' chaos I meant "warriors of chaos" or hordes of chaos
I didn't mean they were together before in WHFB

Thanks for the heads up on the Generals handbook. Even then I like to have hard copies.

Which of the books gives me a nice outline on the current setting? I assume the main rulebook?

this book is pretty good
1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Age_of_Sigmar

Cool. Will buy tomorrow with the Beast book.

Thanks for your help and replies, really appreciate it.

The general's handbook has a setting primer. Unfortunately with AoS, while there is a lot about the setting, it is rather spread out quite a bit. There is no big core rulebook outlining everything like 40k has. There was a first core book, but it's $75 and doesn't really offer a whole lot.

Best thing is go to the /aosg/ and find the battletomes you are interested in, and read them. They give you more context with the armies you are interested in.

Also use the general's handbook from /aosg/ to get you by until they release the GHB2

keep your dumpster setting

Oh loo. More denialfaggotry.

You can always go daemons that way if you dislike AoS you can go play 40gay without any waste of money.

Basically only the "starter" 6 bucks book.
AOS fluff is literally "there are near-infinite realms. DO YOUR OWN SHIT FGGOT, EVERYTHING IS CANON.
Literally like 40k-you can make your chapters and campaigns and they are "canon" because the galaxy is an incredibly vast. They are really pushing the "your dudes" shit, which was lost somewhere along 4th ed.

Only thing you should get is the book of your faction.
Old books are "meh", while more recent ones like bonespiltterz and steam dwarves are amazing.

Marketing and executives began to care about the hobby, mainly because the new CEO actually cares about the hobby as opposed to Kirby's seeming disregard for it.

WE ARE SIGMAHS FUREH!

I think they actually collect models too.

The Grand Alliance Chaos book was pretty minimal in fluff. Though I guess thats expected as its a reboot. That's fine I'll go get the Beast one then.

I love Chaos Warriors, more than 40k Chaos, but being able to mix daemons and beasts with them sounds pretty sick. Was just curious.

GA is not a real army book.
Specific factions are. GA is simply a book for those who wanted all warcsrolls in a book.

Also go wild with your army. every model is viable and even mixed armies can fuction pretty well. Go wild with comvertions and create an army of your own. Aos is great for narratiove games and games with crazy conditions and shit.

Get this box. "start collecting slaves to darkness"
Then if you decide you like Tzeentch daemons, add some and mark the warriors Tzeentch.

Or if you want some Khorne, mark them khorne later.

This box is very flexible and since ALL the above mentioned stuff has Grand Alliance Chaos, its all playable together.

My only beef with this is that it doesn't have the Crom the Conquerer with shield mini. I was disappointed to find out the model couldn't be used as a Chaos lord (as it seems the rules have gone way of 40k, where what you see is what you get on the figure rule).

But considering he only has one less wound and -1 to hit, is the Exalted Champion still viable over the chaos lord?

Thanks for the advice too, I'll need to check my local retail prices.

That works fine for me since I just want a hard copy anyway.

>this actual sales pitch right now from a GW staffer, where they tell you even if it isn't the exact box you want, you can use some of the parts in it or convert them

I know the drill.

maybe they should just sell sprues...

> every race was common in fantasy
Are you high?
It was like 80 percent different flavors of broken as fuck elves.

Fuck off, Age of shitmar-fanboi. Us proud representatives of the old and true Warhammer won't stand for your shitspewing

Not playing GW is the absolute best feel right now
>Primaris are fine models that will go for dirt cheap on ebay in a few weeks
>We'll see if they actually unfuck the rules and fluff in a few months
>If they do - Great, another game to play
>If they don't, the butthurt will be unimaginable and Veeky Forums will sink into a new and hilarious age of assmadness

grow the fuck up. your game is dead, 9th age is a shitheap and no one plays anymore. move on or go cry in a corner.

>will go for dirt cheap on ebay

I never seem to find out truly dirty cheap stuff on ebay, unless it's some "PROPAINTED" bunch of stuff that would be better suited to being melted and used to create new models from scratch. Maybe some box here and there is actually pretty cheap and new, but then I have to account for delivery fees and it ends up being barely cheaper (if not more expensive) than stuff from GW directly, as at least I don't have to pay for delivery there.

Where can I find some cheapish boxes?

>being this Infinity

Those look very pretty user. Nice scheme!

can you provide examples beyond "I don't like thing!"

It's mostly a matter of patience. You just lurk your trading platform(s) of choice and wait for somebody to throw out stuff for one reason or the other. For example, I just went randomly on ebay, punched in Space Marines and scrolled down the first page. That already got me 20 metal raptors for 40 bucks or 20 tacticals for 28 bucks, after shipping. If you have no gripes with stripping and cutting, you can go very low. Patience and the will so sift past Ebayshops and shitheads that think 750 bucks for their 1500points army is a fair deal and good prices will come to you.
In short, prey on the lack of patience or desperation of others

Spotted the warmachine player

Ya gotta have patience and know when to look. When the 8e rules for 40k dropped and people saw the leaks, Tau shit was all over ebay.

>Daemons were not good
>Lizards were not good
>Empire and Dorf gunlines were not good

Cmon son, at least point out that Orcs and Khemri were basically non-existent at a tournament level (however much that is even worth to you).

Oh also forgot

>Vamps

>dozens of choices

Fuck off. You know damn well most of those are legacy armies that aren't supported

I'm starting to believe that most of the people supporting AoG are either extremely naive, trolls or shills. It's blatant that most of the old stuff will be discontinued at some point. It doesn't fit in the scale and magnitude of the game. Why should I buy skaven clanrats when even stormvermin look bland compared to the new models? To say that old units are worthy of being bought is to prey on new comers

Not sure what you mean here, mate.

Their recent miniature releases have been less bad than the previous ones, surely.

Honestly though they're still selling overpriced, overdesigned miniatures for underdeveloped or overconvoluted game systems.

I don't really see anything having gone right. They've driven away a lot of people that are being very vocal about their disappointment and drawn in others that are being very vocal about their enthusiasm, but I don't see much progress and the quality of their games is still mediocre at best.

Not to mention that AOS as a whole is a very poor excuse of a gaming system, a very shallow setting, and still riddled with some disgusting miniature lines (see naked dwarves) and ridiculous names.

Granted though, the quality of my analysis might have been hindered by my penchant for acrostics.

Heard there were some pretty big changes behind the scenes at GW a few years ago, and not just Kevin Roundtree taking over as CEO

They bought back shares in their own company from shareholders who only cared about short-term profit.

This meant GW could put money into customer relations as well as making more long term plans for their systems, plans that would be primarily handled by their writers and hobbyists instead of higher-ups.

>NTHING

Oh God I fucked that up.

Every story and every element of lore became dedicated to jacking off Chaos and fanservicing it 24/7 while fucking apart every other faction.

Nothing. They're at an all time low. The current rules are an early beta and the lore is heading down the toilet into the Nofun Nobledark sewer.

You can shill desperately all you like, doesn't change the facts.

>Nothing. They're at an all time low

Rules and fluff withstanding, how are they doing financially?

Better than ever.

You're right. It managed to kill off fantasy before the fucking hacks that wrote AoS and the new 40K material could ruin it.

That's all I needed to know. Thanks.

But what if I hate what happened to my army?

>killed Fantasy
No, fuck off.

We'll never see that Battle of Blackfire Pass book either

Fantasy was dead before the new Games Workshop. If only it had had enough sales to last just another couple of years, it would still be alive. :^)

Nothing really. Having an official Facebook page is nice I suppose.

They should have just made 7th but without the removing casualties from the front thing, as well as letting you choose your spells (paying for them perhaps).
I'm sure lotr/hobbit didn't sell as much and yet that is still alive.

>I'm sure lotr/hobbit didn't sell as much and yet that is still alive.

They are contractually obligated to do that shit.

They renewed their contract. Then shifted it to Forge World.

Please don't post photos of that Nazi Jon "refugees must hang from trees" Jafari.
AKA Jon "Gas the kikes, even the tykes" Jafari

I spent so long looking for the Tron Bonne parody, but alas it eludes me.

Oy, you cheeky git!

Surely it must hurt your heart to have something as flavourful as your pic go up against MC Pauldron from WoW mounted on a dragoncat abortion and his army of troops who look EXACTLY LIKE HIM