Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Magnus did nothing right edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>list builder, being updated so stop whining about your guardsmen or whatever, faggot.
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for space wolves are fags

If I took a shit directly on to the wargaming table, what units could it proxy as?

Did the shit come out of your basshole?

Great Unclean One.

>Tau are actually good

YOU LIED TO ME

YOU SAID THE AGE OF WEEBS WAS OVER

So how are people enjoying their shiny new pile of shit edition?

Fixed up my Kustom Shoota a bit more, gave it longer barrels

Roll for decimation

And now he's got a supah gitfinda.
No matter what way you look through it you're sure to find some gits!

Rollin

>not rolling properly

Guess who got decimated!

Not bad. Do you have anything that could work as loudeners?

I hope you put more effort into your models than you do your memes.

You didn't state what results in decimation, also 1d10 is useless when we can use end number of post.

So I bought my second orkanaut today and got my 1000p list for the GW Store's first tournament.
>1 Gorkanaut with a Big Mek with KFF and grot oiler inside
>1 Morkanaut with 3 Meganobz with Powerklaw and Boss Meganob with kombi-skorcha inside

And that's it desu. Don't wanna really be a waacfag but I always loved these models and I'm probably going to lose to hordes or objectives anyway so there's that

Gross tranny you've got there

Wait is the person who rolled a 1 or a 0 getting decimated?

Looks like posts ending in 1 get decimated!

I bought a random box of marine models from my friend and these guys were in it.

I can put them into army as a regular Elite now, can't I? Are these fellas any good rules wise?

The one of the left is missing his bolter, would it look too weird if I did something like gave him the multi-melta from an attack bike sprue with he hand of a plastic model to hold it or something on his left hand so I could have a heavy weapon Legionnaire?

retard OP not linking the roster creator

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

I don't want to go too overboard, it's a kustom shoota not a snazzgun

Forgot pic, five man Legion of the Damned squad.

>Emperor condemns Magnus for using psychic spells that require the sacrifice of others
>Emperor now lives on through eating other people's souls, and the astronomican is powered by constantly sacrificing psykers

Oh sweet irony ...

Remember to report and hide shitposter.
Ignore them if you can't be ass to report them.

That said 1000 or 2000 points for random games?

How many have you collected so far?

Shitsters of Basshole

NO WE DIDNT ASSHOLE
TAU WENT FROM "AUTO-WIN" IN 7TH
TO MERELY "GOOD" IN 8TH
THEREFOR THEY ARE NOW SHIT AND EVERYONE SHOULD BURN THEIR TAU MODELS
WHY DOESNT YOUR MORONIC BRAIN GRASP THIS CONCEPT???

I'll kill him nyself

First 4 melee predator

p2w

I'm loving this silly melee tanks.

I laughed out loud at work
Thanks

I DONT WANT TAU TO BE GOOD

I WANT THEM TO BE SHIT

FUCK TAU

I WANT ALL TAU PLAYERS TO FUCKING DIE

Too bad it's tranny shit

2poor2win

user love, the entire game is pay to win, you can't really play for free unless some how you end getting an entire army ready to go for free for some magical reason

Is there any place for 8th edition lore change summary?

>desperately defending p2w
Oh yeah and there can't be any pay to win items in video games because the hardware to play the game on costs money so everything is pay to win actually

Pls leave 40kg

STOP LOSING TO TAU GOD DAMMIT
GET GOOD

The lore went to shit by 4th edition. Everything now feels like reading fan fiction. (yes 40k lore was never good, but at least it was good enough back then)

>how everyone feels about shitsters of basshole players.gif

Google 1d4chan 40k 8th edition

If you're mad that you don't have forgeworld, get a job and go get some forgeworld.

If you're made because "b-b-but its unbalanced" you can gtfo. 40k was and will never be balanced. Go play fluffy lore based games with powerlevels.

user you have to buy the models.
It literally pay to win the game. You can simply buy broken units regardless if they are GW or FW.

Stop doing 3rd edition memes too, the broken op crap from FW was like a decade ago for fuck sake

>sisters of bass hole tank
Not interested.

40k lore is at its best when its close to being so stupid it becomes good. But there is a very fine balance in that.

>shitsters of basshole

8th edition is entirely balanced actually, it's just the p2w third party shit which isn't part of the base game that needs adjustment.

>pay to win
>not pay to play

Don't you have work or a social life outside, do you do something else besides shitposting in Veeky Forums?

>P2w
>3rd party
>unbalanced

Its ok guys he doesnt actually play the game. We can all forget this meme now.

What is a Spartan tank.

Is it any difference in 40k?
That is assuming you didn't get your shit for free and no effort

>Grav chute deployment: disembark after you move
>may move 20"+
>disembark allows movement and charging
>may carry 4 Bullgryns

So weird this mean I can roll a 3" charge with a TEQ melee unit against almost anything on the board on turn 1?

>third party
>FW

Loving every laugh. Keep salty, poorfag

unga bunga where the sorcery at

Neckbearded cyclops retard Magnus is best Magnus.

I'm not the loser defending his precious bass-holes on Veeky Forums.

>FW
>third party

Is that you Kirby?

stop replying to him.

>more expensive model
>better rules
Sounds pretty pay to win to me. That's why we don't allow forgeworld rules at our LGS. You can bring the model, but you're using the same rules as the rest of us.

But user I play the best army in the game.
The only army that matters.

We just don't care about your assblasting tranny ass shitposting on everything.

>people play
>can't afford
>"Fucking pay to win I swear"

>That's why we don't allow forgeworld rules at our LGS. You can bring the model, but you're using the same rules as the rest of us.
Woah, your LGS sounds like a really fun place

Models who disembark after the vehicle moved count as having moved, read the rules.

>" everything is viable in 8th!"
>Tac marines still do less than guardsmen
Fuck GW.

Rolled 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 4, 3, 5, 4, 3, 5, 3, 5, 6, 2, 1, 2 = 70 (20d6)

Firing splinter rifles at these little shits!

> allowing rules for a model made by the game and this is enforced by the store

Thank god i dont live near actual autists that run shops like this.

He's right though, forge world is not GW, they're completely different.

You need your opponents consent to use forge world sculpts, unlike GW miniatures, because it's a GW game.

It's a lot more fun than having to suffer through games where some snowflake brings special rules that aren't even part of the real game.

Hemlock Wraithfighter
Magnus (with or without other smite spamming psykers)
Voidraven
Deepstrike+Warptime Terminators

Dude what fucking rock do you live under?

Here's some more:
Tau Commanders with stimms/ethereals for an entire army of characters backed up by drones that shits on you while you can only shoot the closest unit. Oh btw he's going to spread wounds everyturn by rotating the commanders and then table you.

Acolytes have 3 wounds and are dirt cheap per model.

---
user just get out already.

It's a good edition for scouts though.

>buy riptide
>buy psyker to rape the model

It is pay to win. You want win without paying let alone play.

Also video games are not the same thing that is like comparing a sport car with a cargo ship, both are transports but they are not the same shit

In any case stop being poor or just proxy

All those things are balanced though, you're just bad as Warhammer and don't know why you keep losing (if you've actually ever played which I doubt)

Muh yuge warhams order is comin 2morrow

Ultra Hype

3rd edition call, he asking permission to use special characters

Not sure you do this edition, maybe I missed that in the rules.

Are Sisters of Silence still a good counter to Psykers? I was planning on picking some up for my Admech army, which is in dire need of some Anti-Psyker support, but I'm still not sure if they are worth it. All they give is a -1 to Psyker rolls, and have the ability to Deny the Witch. However, the fact that they can also all take flamers does sound very appealing to me. along with their Great Sword load out. Their Bolters ignoring the Character rule also looks interesting, at the very least.

Also, why the fuck does List Builder still not have the Ad Mech?

Is there anything that outdoes Electropriests for cost-effective melee? Assuming they get there, anyway.

A full squad charging will do 12.2 wounds to almost anything, without even factoring regular wounds in, and are only 320 points.

What would be a decent substitute for their slightly janky models? I thought about some servitorised Chaos Marauders with Arc and Hydraulic claws and electro-power weapons on their arms and stuff. They're ripped enough for the implants to not look too off.

Any other ideas?

>shitsters

I actually agree with this assessment. Or at least for how it changed the IG (Astra Militarum is a fucking stupid name). Once upon a time the IG were merely just average bloke soldiers with some training before getting shipped off to fight the many horrors in the galaxy. There was something noble and cool about being the underdog versus EVERYBODY. Then somewhere around 4th every Guardsman suddenly became the equivalent of a special forces trooper to a man. I really wish they didn't do that because it is incredibly detached from their tabletop stats.

Incidentally, Space Marines were in a somewhat similar boat as well. Although they were, in fact, the Imperiums special forces they weren't the superheroes they basically are today.

Psykers aren't so bad in the new edition, but maybe a Culexus? Fits the aesthetic more, costs less points and doesn't need a rhino or something just to be useful.

Lol nice b8 m8.

Yes. You could lose costly models because rolls of ones but other than that, it works.

I personally shove flamers up the grill of my opponent.

SIsters of Silence, you fucktard, not your shitty SoB meme.

Besides, I know your just mad that SoS got plastic before SoB did.

All of those in the above post aren't balanced any better than most FW models.

Blaming them on losing is pretty salty though yeah.

why the fuck do you have to fill out a captcha to file reports

I like this alot more than your standard tervigon list. Thoughts?

How are dreds this edition. I want my iron hands to be able to field some without getting wiped turn 1.

We all know the shitposter actually loves SoB and is assblasted that no tranny would love his ugly ass

Bullshit. How do Tacs underperform vs Guard?

Dreds are good. Deff Dreds especially.

well you can run an army that is literally all dreads now

and they are very killy

> hes pretending this was ever anything but ass mad store owners and out right liars and cheaters

Stay mad cheater

Forge world is different from GW, you can just disallow them to use any Forge world stuff and it's ok but when first party material is shit then you've got nothing.

Unfair, cheating rulesets are why most people dont allow Forge world but people forget that GW is pretty bad too.

Can only have 10 in a squad and can only fire 20 boltgun shots at half range. Also can only take ONE special and ONE heavy.

Arguing with a buddy of mine, and need some clarification here.

How many attacks can a Khorne berserker actually get?

He says that, for all intents and purposes, the bolt pistol + chainsword combo and the chainaxe + chainsword combo can get the same amount of attacks, therefore the chainaxe isn't worth it.

I say that the chainaxe + chainsword combo can get more attacks, seeing as the extra attacks the berserkers get only apply in the fight phase, and not shooting.

I'm newer to 40k, so he may have a point, but either way, I want an actual answer so I can actually use them in the way I want to (maximum attacks)