>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1xarF3eadQ-FP3lbiCaFrcZwTW3FDxx6yWtjCFswXxpI/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=4FjwaYqdAbM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting from last thread.
>So I'm making a boss fight for my players. I know what they're fighting, but need some help with ideas. They are 6 players, level 7. Tome Warlock, UA beast master, Battlemaster, Life Cleric, Swashbuckler and Totem Barb.

>They have found huge hammer marks in a wall, and weapons and armor sawn in half. I am planning on making it a huge construct, with a hammer and circular saw for hands.

>Anyone have any ideas for abilities? I am thinking some kind of fire/steam breath, and when it dies, it releases an elder fire elemental. The room is also going to be a lava room, much like the Anvil of the Void in dragon age origins if anyone has played that. Any ideas for fun effects I can throw in the room too?

Warforged werewolves

The little bots can be for anything, but players will rip and tear through a single entity in just a couple of rounds.

Yeah, but you can still cast a spell with two actions if you had, say, action surge.

You can cast an action spell, and after that you can't cast a bonus action spell but can cast an action spell.

Yeah, I'm fully aware of how crappy single monster bosses are in DND. I'm using a home brew mix of AngryGM's paragon monsters and legendary actions/lair actions to get it to break the action economy back in its favour. That said, adding little flying distractions sounds like it could be good...

>Oath of Conquest is evil
There are people who actually believe this.

>Hammer
Replicate the Earth Tremor spell at maybe level 2 or 3

>Saw
Sword Burst but slashing instead of force damage, as the torso rotates 360 around the legs

>Combo attack
Have the construct hold the saw blade to the hammer face, spraying a huge shower of sparks. Aganazzar’s Scorcher might be a good mechanic to steal here

>Defense
Have the golem flip the saw blade sideways, turning it into a shield temporarily

This is really cool stuff, stealing. I like the spinning saw as a shield.

Anyone got any cool Psionic Mastery combos for the Mystic?

Why would an evil dragon leave its lair (and treasure) to meet a Cult of the Dragon congregation fifty miles away?

The dragon isn't very old, his hoard isn't that big, he's got half a dozen cultists willing to guard it, the cultists came with gifts so he trusts them, the meeting will last until midnight, the lair has a bunch of monsters in it, and the congregation will be coming to his lair later to help him uncover buried treasure.

Why would he leave his hoard nearly unattended for a whole afternoon, instead of asking the cultists to meet him at his lair?

(This is because the players need an opportunity to loot the dragon's lair before he comes back and TPKs them. They'll be informed of the dragon's departure by someone who was spying on him.)

Make the room in such a way that he can mess
with terrain with the hammer or saw... Smash the roof and have rocks fall blocking in/out a guy or something neat.

Lay it on me /5eg/, what's the most minmaxed bardlock build?

UAs included

So I'm homebrewing a death knight class that I've cobbled together from various other homebrews that I've found. Anyone wanna take a look at it and tell me if something is over/under tuned or if they have any suggestions?

docs.google.com/document/d/1xarF3eadQ-FP3lbiCaFrcZwTW3FDxx6yWtjCFswXxpI/edit#

If it has different body sections it can act on different initiatives.

I.e. it might have a cannon that fires on initiative 20 whereas it itself moves on initiative 10.
Because, you know, it's a bot and so each part can work autonomously.

Something that disables part of the bot therefore won't disable the entire bot.

This, so it makes it an actual boss fight

Bladelock3/BardX using the 2d8 per spell slot smites.
Smite everything.
That's literally it. All other ideas are shit.

Depending on what ratio you want, Lore Bard 18, Warlock 2 is probably the best build. 18 in bard gets you Wish, 2 in lock gets you Agonising Blast. Not really that many shenanigans you can do with UA, this is just a really solid build that can do a lot.

Special part of a ritual that requires a specific rock or part of the geography

Champion VS Battlemaster in DPR, is Battlemaster actually better than Champion even in DPR?

Curse of Strahd just dropped on roll20 with custom top-down maps instead of the isometric ones that come with the book. Anyone have them? They're not listed in the trove.

Take Valor Bard for extra attack, and grab swift quiver as your magical secret and do this with the MoonBow.

Battle master is better in DPR except on very long days with not many short rests.

As with all Warlock dips, optimization peaks at 2-3 levels.
2 is optimal if the campaign goes to 20, since you need 18 for Wish

The best combo is the combo that gives you the most fun. If you drive fun out of a coherent character concept, then Glamour Bard / Warlock of the Archfey seems the most intuitive.

However, Goolock gives you dissonant Whispers, which frees up a precious Spells Known spell slot to chase with the bard, and Undying is invaluable if running something like Curse of Strahd

Any of you guys know a lot of Faerun? I'm playing a Half-Orc who is from Vaasa, could you guys tell me typical sayings, gestures and expressions from that region?

good lord, do they have a map for ravenloft? I need it

Are redemption paladins annoying to play with, are they annoying to DM for?
How do I play one without being that guy?
I was considering running a Dwarf redemption paladin as a champion of Lapuard, he believes that all the world's problems can be solved over a mug of ale. The mug is also his weapon of choice.

Yes, its listed as "Original Castle Ravenloft maps in top-down format, exclusive to the Roll20 version for easier use with the virtual tabletop." on the purchase page for the module on roll20.

Did someone suffer an aneurysm writing that?

> Isometric maps from the book

I've read a lot about how action economy tilts battles in the favor of the party when they're fighting a single large enemy of equal CR. With that in mind, what are good ways to mitigate this effect and make climatic fights with major antagonists challenging besides adding a bunch of boss minions?

charged attacks that force players to seek cover
Multi-attacks, legendary and lair actions
Multiple boss phases occurring at different levels of damage. resistance to damage.

Is there a way to import the information from the 5etools into Fantasy Grounds, like you can import it into roll20?

So I would like some help on editing an encounter from the TftYP White Plume Mountain adventure. Minor spoilers ahead.

So there is one room in the dungeon and the intended encounter I'd eight knights and one champion. To me, that sounds like a boring encounter, so I'm working on adding in some extra flavor, like a bard and a conjurer from Volo' s guide and a priest from the MM, and in exchange removing 4 of the knights.

However, the party has unwittingly allowed an oni to join the party who plans to betray them in their next major encounter, which would be this one. Should I change it back to the original encounter or should I keep it as i have changed it and hope for the best? The party is a moon druid lv 6, a valor bard lv 7 with hypnotic pattern and greater invisibility, a Arcane trickster rogue of lv 7, an assassin rogue lv 4 / hunter ranger lv 6 with alert and a wand of lightning, and a paladin of devotion lv 6.

Any advice on playing as a character that was originally part of another player's background? It sounds fun but I worry that it could be a trap.

Fantasy Grounds or Roll20?

Multi attack, legendary actions, legendary resistance, resistance to magic, resistance to varying damage, lair actions, high hp pool, McGuffin that has to be destroyed before the boss can be killed, ect of the like.

Your character is actually a changeling working for the BBEG (ugh) who disguises himself as a friend in order to spy on the PC's but you begin to have second thoughts about betraying them.

Fantasy Grounds is better but more expensive, if you DM it worth every penny and the next version in Unity will be even better.

>FG has no dynamic LoS or lighting

Pretty big bummer. Will that be available in the Unity version?

Wish one of these systsems had something like pic related.

Yes its a key feature to the unity version:

youtube.com/watch?v=4FjwaYqdAbM

>Passioned. Give it my all. Not settling for mediocrity.

>Get called an autist and an asshole.

>I see everyone complain about lack of OC, lack of effort, lack of quality, whine whine whine

>And I'm here

>While they waste their time memeing
>No passion, just memes and shitpost, drama, whine whine whine

Mh.

>in development since 2014
>still no ETA

lol

I think they're pretty close to release it, but even without the unity version it's still better than anything else in the market.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

t. dungeonworld

>I made a half-assed attempt at a treant and got ludicrously buttblasted when people said it was bad

>There are people who actually believe this.
They must be memeing, no one could possibly think that

You have

No idea who I am
Or what I'm talking about

That much is obvious

>not calling them warwolves

Shatner get off Veeky Forums

t. dumb memers

You know what? Fuck it. I'm bored and drunk. Tell me about your characters, /5eg/--past, present, and future. I'll tell you what I think of them based on your description. Chances are I'll probably have some wholesome shit to say, or suggest shit for further RP potential.

Le reddit is le that way.

The whole world of /5e/ general doesn't revolve about your fucking treant discussion

lmao

Some rushed description about people I care about on some shitty website full of trash for a drunkard to misunderstand and opiniate about is not what I'm gonna do.

Still better.

Then why did you respond you attention starved faggot?
Dwarf fighter trying to get revenge on the Dwarf that left him for dead.
Dwarf fighter looking for a cure to save his sick brother.
Human paladin trying to prove herself to her order.
Current: Human rogue inquisitive trying to find the man who murdered a nobleman's daughter for a dark ritual.

Until it has every feature of roll20 and more that is just an opinion.

A ten year old amnesiac oder of the avatar mystic aasimar. My dm's made my backstory which I do not know in character or Ooc.

An Elven Monster Hunter. He was part of a group of Wood Elves who traveled through their forest dealing with the more dangerous creatures that threatened their society, Undead, Fiends, Lycanthropes and etc. His mentor who was a fair bit older then him ended up falling in love with him, so they were a bunch of happy faggot Monster Hunters.

One day a noble came to the woods asking for them, his Daughter had become a Vampire in his summer home. My guys mentor thought it was too dangerous to drag my guy along and so he went with a few other powerful Wood Elves to go fight her.

Long story but basically his mentor ends up becoming a Vampire and my guy is now trying to find out where he went and how to cure it.

Maybe because it makes you mad, and making you mad makes my day.

By the way, can you only describe your PCs by their race, class and quest? Sounds like trash.

>Maybe because it makes you mad, and making you mad makes my day.
That's pretty edgy kid. This is an 18+ website.

>making you mad makes my day
nice, that's epic bro

Shit dude. Those all sound pretty fun. What happened to your dwarf fighters and the paladin? Also, what is your human rogue's motivation for finding this dude? (Money, curiosity, obligation to an order?)
Amnesiacs with DM controlling the backstory can be fun if you trust your DM. I had one character like that and it turned out well because the DM was godtier and knew me pretty well. I hope your game turns out well, user.
Fuck dude, that sounds like right up my alley. 10/10 would travel with.

Any word on this?

Is there documentation for players on crafting magical items, wands, potions etc.?

More replies

>past character
Goliath battlemaster fighter named Marthal. He lived high in the icy mountaintops with his nomadic family and tribe for a time as a watcher for the tribe, but grew tired of the snow and set forth to carve himself a path in life as a famous warrior. From here he became gladitorial fighter for a time and honed his skills as a warrior, until joining an adventuring party and setting forth to slay the demons who were infesting the underdark. After slaying the Demon Lords, he was granted the fame he sought and retired to a new life of defending a small town that he acquired control of through his adventuring career that sits at the base of the mountain he once called home.

Noble sorcerer that didn't have to work or study to get to where he is and got depressed by being a NEET. Became an adventurer because of this to prove hir worth (or die as life is boring)

Right now I'm just picturing your guy innatown surrounded by much smaller people and he just nods at them as he passes, weapon slung on his shoulder. I hope he has a cozy house for his retirement and has picked up some kind of hobby. Like carving miniature horses or some shit.

transmutation wizard in her late fifties who used magic to give herself a loli body and acts in a very cutesy way
casts primarily support spells like Haste, Blindness, Enlarge, and Protection from Good and Evil

First dwarf fighter got retired, second got torn to shreds by troglodytes. The campaign the paladin was in fell apart.
The rogue is searching for the killer because if he's able to bring the killer to justice his friend, who the nobleman has in prison, will be set free. I don't know what the ritual was for yet.

Anyone?

What about the revised ranger from UA makes it so much better?

The Dragon is young and reckless so he wants the esteem of his own cult.

To summarize, you're good at fighting your favored enemies, and you don't instantly turn into not-a-ranger when stepping out of your forest.
Also animal companion actually does ssomething.

Improved favored enemy, improved natural explorer. It's all around better.

Poor NEETbro will have to learn soon that there are things in this world that are truly good, radical, and wonderful. All storms must pass and in the horizon there will be rays of sunlight. Or get his shit wrecked by grimdark stuff, who knows.
Does anyone know her true age? Are people creeped out by this or otherwise like "wtf are you doing you old woman?" Also, does she act like... An actual kid, meaning they have tantrums and shit, or are they just cute all the time? (Anyone who is around kids a lot will wonder what's up with your wizard if she's hiding her true age.)
Sorry to hear the paladin's campaign fell apart. Does your rogue trust that the deal will go through as planned if they bring the killer in? (If you're in a shitty town they could just kill their friend, after all.)

The rogue's friend wasn't wrongly imprisoned. The nobleman is just a bereaved father trying to find who killed his daughter. I think he'll be let go.

>future character
Stout halfling hunter ranger. He is a defender of the forests near his home town. His family has fought off monstrosities and aberrations for roughly a millennia, but prefer to keep the family legacy kept secret from the public. He is now coming of age where he needs to set off on his own for a time and explore the world, and honed his skills so he can be prepared to take up the family legacy. He himself would much rather just do his own thing than fight hoards of monsters without any game or recognition but he doesn't want to disappoint his family either, so now he sets forth into the world, both to home his skills, and maybe to discover himself and his true calling in life.

Well he had training with smithing tools so he probably became a blacksmith on the side, or maybe a lumberjack. Most definitely some sort of side job or hobby where he can show off his abundance of strength.

I can't sleep. So I wanted to know if there was any way to turn my gnoll into a phone.

A gnollphone yes.

You hold her near your face and you talk into her ear. And the answer resonates through her skull. Open the jaw for loudspeakers. Whoop when you got a message, cackle when someone's calling.

With like, an item or something.

I guess it'd take another gnoll to receive and transmit?

Fuck off, why would you come to /5eg/ to rant about this shit? Go contact lifeline or whatever suicide/mental health services you can find.

I think 4e had an item called "the blue tooth" that worked like a cellphone. You could talk to your DM about updating it.

>It's the one billionth 'Hey guys any rules for crafting?' episode

That sounds like a solid foundation for a future character. What is he like, personality-wise, besides being kind of independent?
He is a lumberjack, and he is okay.

Advantage on initiative, advantage against creatures that haven't acted on the first round of combat, +2-4 damage against favored enemies based on level, advantage on saving throws against favored enemies, ignores difficult terrain and some minor action economy improvements to later features.

A-Are you okay?
Are you well?
Did something happen at home?

Newb shit incoming

>Past
Arctic Land Druid Wood Elf; socially ignorant and having spent far too much time wandering empty tundra he decides to head to warmer climates and see how the "civilized" world he's heard all about actually lives. Ends up falling in with a group of total sociopaths. He's gullible enough to think this is all normal and hopes that at least one of them will call him friend but continually stumbles through social situations and peer bonding. Ends up ambushed by vampire spawn and dumped in a ravine.

>Present
Lizardfolk Totem Barbarian; growing up she befriended an old human man who taught her how to cook, which completely blew her mind since lizardfolk aren't exactly culinary artists. She became obsessed with food and discovering new tastes, and after realizing how isolated and limited the local palette was, decided to become an adventurer and travel the world, collecting all the interesting flavors she can find in her cookbook. One day she hopes to be recognized for her little project, either by her own people or others of the world, because everyone should eat good food.

>Future
Rock Gnome Conjuration Wizard; comes from a large family mostly known for their tinkering skills. Uncle was particularly gifted and creative, but died mysteriously one day. The character himself isn't much of a tinkerer, and instead found a passion for the more creative and less precise art of glassblowing (much to the disappointment of his family). Shortly after his uncle's death a mysterious letter arrives, apparently written by the uncle before he died, with vague descriptions of a secret project he had been working on. In order to protect the project, blueprints for the various pieces has been sent to other family members over the years, often disguised as other trinkets and toys. As glasswork is a key component of the device it falls to the character to discover his uncle's secret and complete his work, redeeming himself (?) to his family.

I swear this is not an elaborate ruse to say "yes this is gnoll but this is also phone. This is phonegnoll yes."

2SP per minute.

What?

Why would I tell you, anyway?

Outside of being independent, he is overconfident in his skills due to his family legacy, and he is very helpful to people. He is a good Samaritan, the type of guy who would climb a tree to save your cat, or lend you some gold to help you get on your feat. He also adores being any sort of fame and glory he can get without risking his families secret legacy.

>Past
Human Fiend Pact warlock who was basically an ancient nordic runecaster. Liked to collect bones, was very sarcastic, but also engaged in the ancient art of slam poetry when he decided to be more creative in his insults.

>Present
Dhampir Evocation Wizard that likes to take things apart to learn about them. Fluffed the disintegrate spell with my DM saying that when I use it successfully, I learn about the physical properties of the things I disintegrate, which was pretty cool.

>Future
Got my next character up and ready to roll out if my current one dies, he's a Red Oni Samurai Fighter that tries to be lawful, despite his chaotic nature. He compromises on this by being completely lawful and denying himself worldly pleasures while he's at work. But every 6 days he takes a day off to drink, fight, fuck, and generally indulge his chaotic nature.

That's probably something you should be asking your GM about

Past: I recently retired probably my most fun character to date: A clown adventurer. Ran him through Out of the Abyss as an Arcane Trickster Rogue/Trickery Domain Cleric. He was the kind of guy who never let the gravity of the situation get to him. The world could have been burning around him and he'd still do his best to crack a joke. Didn't really challenge authority, but didn't really go out of his way to do good.

Present: Been playing a Wood Elf wot4e Monk for about two years in an on-again-off-again campaign. As a former highway thug, he's spent considerable time attempting to better himself after suffering a humiliating defeat at the hands of an elderly human Monk in his distant past. Despite his distaste of humans, he's done his best to try and help out the human settlements he's traveled through.

Future: Starting two new campaigns. First up is a Dragonborn Battlemaster. I don't know anything about him, because DM says we all start with amnesia and we'll build the backgrounds later. Second character is a Dwarven Tempest Cleric/Storm Sorcerer. When he was born, lightning struck all the way through his mountain home right into the delivery room. Since then, he's dreamed of finding the Dwarven sky god who sent him this omen, but to his dismay, there were no Dwarven sky gods. Thus, he has gone out into the world to find one. Loud, rude, arrogant and not all that bright, he's a come-what-may kind of person.

Are you okay?

I have had so little sleep recently, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore, why I have those ideas, and why I'm telling you.

Sleep then Jesus

Your lizardfolk barbarian is Ratatouille. I approve of this. Also, I would expect at least twenty "I majored in underwater basketweaving at art school" jokes for your gnome wizard before it finally stops being funny.

Your wood elf was too innocent for the world.
Sounds like the good makings for a party face as well as basically being the guy who goes, "Yeah, we SHOULD go do this obvious quest." You might end up being your DM's favorite as a result.
You can't say that your warlock engaged in slam poetry and not give me specifics. That sounds fucking hilarious. And amazing. Any specific reason why your wizard takes stuff apart, or is he just that curious?
Fucking around with a class where morality is thought of as being so important can be fun if competently played. It sounds like it was a fun time. Has that elderly human come back up again at any point in your wood elf's game?