Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Purity restored edition.

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Leaks:
mega.nz/#F!3odCTLCa!5Jc-zB2-JJcYlT55L6FN8g
CHAOS INDEX: s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=42492327752258854809

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>list builder, being updated so stop whining about your guardsmen or whatever, faggot.
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!3EJjiLSa!aAVARAhw8CoBdMhvnifq_9aBrdGVcWXhC-NhGp9jdfQ
strawpoll.com/ysf5zcw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for the Hrud

2000 pts

Battallion detachment

Captain with relic blade and master-crafted boltgun, 98

Company commander with plasma pistol, power axe, 40

5 tactical marines with plasmagun, combi-plasma, 93

10 tactical marines with combi-flamer, plasma, plasma cannon, 175

10 guard infantry with heavy bolter and flamer, 55

Chimera with multilaser and heavy bolter, 93

Rhino with 2 storm bolters, 74

Razorback with TL assault cannon, 100

Spearhead detachment

Techmarine with conversion beamer, 83

Deimos predator with plasma destroyer and 2 lascannons, 207

Deimos predator with infernus cannon and 2 heavy flamers, 184

Predator with predator autocannon and 2 heavy bolters, 171

Leman Russ with battle cannon, lascannon, 2 heavy bolters 190

Relic sicaran venator with 3 heavy bolters, 275

Vindicator with storm bolter, 162

Use the fucking army builder you plebian.

Is cypher a dark angel?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yup

Half of those models aren't in the army builder dipshit or else I would.

Or do you have some magic army builder that already has forge world models? The web one doesn't have guard either.

this any good? worth the extra points over the regular kind?

stop being a WAAC forge p2w world fuck

And thus the shitposting is already going full swing.

Pink horrors are shit

I'm sorry you're too poor to afford real models, user.

Why don't you go back to scrubbing the paint off the blood angels you bought on bartertown?

Just leave the safety of the imperium to us

How is those second hand necrons going? Is it too hard to scrap the paint from others man dudes?

>muffled kurwa in the distance

Are the guys on the side rabbits in a human suit?

>average inquisition strikeforce

yall should read this short story about Arvus, a member of a civilian work gang and a Death Korps of Krieg deserter rebuiling after a failed chaos uprising.

It gives a glimpse into civilian life in the 41st millennium

mega.nz/#!3EJjiLSa!aAVARAhw8CoBdMhvnifq_9aBrdGVcWXhC-NhGp9jdfQ

>2017
>8th edition just came out last saturday
>still upset about forgeworld

it's okay user, getting good is not a terminal condition and one day you'll be okay.

>epub
No thanks.

When are the Imperial Guard and Ork codexes supposed to come out?
And is that new xenos race rumor true?

>Death Korps
>Deserting
Absolute lies/10

when the rulebook says something on a model takes the transport space of 2 other models does that mean each one takes up 2 or 3 total space in a transport?

After chaos, which comes after the individual chapters.

>Reading fanfic self inserts

No thx

Nobody has any information on any codex release other than some of them might be coming out soon.

read it and find out

He ends up re-enlisting with the local guard regiment"

It's as canon as anything else black library

So not at all?

Anything past 4th edition is basically fanfiction. This is common knowledge

boring. get me a story about the humble skull taxidermist. you know, the guy who collects, polishes, services and takes care of all the skulls or servo skulls in 40k.

Sup Veeky Forums, today I had a 2v1 game against an Orkbro, with me and my actual brother in a team. Our army was 50/50 Space Marines versus 100 pp of Orks. We ended up running the Blitz mission. I ran a simple Vanguard Detachment with two HQs, and 3 elites. Most of my points were sunk into a Tartaros squad sitting cozy in a Land Raider Crusader.

So the mission was simple. The Ork Player got Preliminary Bombardments as well as Sustained Assault, so his army should have been pretty beefy. His troops automatically respawn, and he gets to roll for artillery bombardment at the start of the game. We used our command points(Only 3, my brother wasn't battleforged), to bunker down a squad of Hellblasters to give them a 1+ save. While I reserved the last one for Proxy-mines.

The game went pretty well, all things considered. The Orkbro decided to use his Wyrdboy to teleport his Meganobz right behind a squad of primaris dudes(the ones with the Longbolters), and then he vaporized them in melee. Which honestly was pretty wasteful, considering his better option would have been to use his Meganobz to blow up my Land Raider.

I'm thinking of starting Sisters of Battle (Adeptus Ministorum I guess its called now) and I'm looking through their rules to pick out a possible army. Arco-Flagellants seem really good on paper but (2 wounds, +5 invul, D3x2 attacks) but Sisters Repentia have that x2 strength and the -2 AP. Any suggestions on what would be best? Am I a fool for wanting to play SoB in the first place?

What are the most effective terminators vs other marines?

According to the former editor they're as canon as anything else. He hasn't been contradicted yet.

these boys won me the release tournament at the flgs

it's too bad warp talons are still utter shit, despite what the fags at 1d4chan say

>sisters of baller
There is no point in using Repentias, unless you are hellbent about using SoB units.

Arco, Acolytes, Crusaders and DCA do repentias work cheaper and better.

Except for maybe Knight hunting

Since everyone migrated over here, does anyone know if OOE confers the bonus to itself since it has the Carnifex keyword and can an additional attack be made for each Scything Talon pair on models that have them? I'm really not sure about this and would like to get an answer before I make an ass of myself by getting this wrong.

>chapter tactics will never come out
>ywn find that 7/11

Axe CSM are good and cheap, GK are best for killing enemy termies, Scarab Occult are great but expensive

Now in PDF

the look pretty user, do you have a close up of that demon?

I'm picking up thirty and 60 each of the blue and brimstone horrors because for some reason my LGS wants to do power level events.

I play chaos marines and I plan on letting my Chaos Lord summon them on the fly only when the opponent cheeses it up.

Might summon my Diazmonettes for fun though.

>Inquisitor Ayh-Nahn, your henchmen are....
"strange, commander?"
>yes sir, not to put too fine a point on it.
"Well you see Commander, they may look odd, but I've never found more useful servants in the Galaxy."
>is that so?
"Aye. Twitch there on the left is half ratling, and I swear he hasn't eyelids, but there's not a better shot this side of Armageddon."
>I see. And the small animal he was beating earlier?
"A small price for the heads he's brought me."
>fair enough. Who's the fellow on the right?
"You mean chip? Was set to be a servitor after the battleshock he experienced watching his platoon sliced to bits by the dark Eldar. I intervened."
>and?
"And he's about as good a shot as a blind Gretchen, but when he gets out there, he's the fastest trigger in the Galaxy. Part of the reason, I suspect, is that he hopes the damn gun will overheat and send him back to be with his brothers."
>damn.
"Yeah."
>and the one in the middle?
"An ogryn I found wandering Tallarn. He says he's the brother of bullgryn chieftain Robbin' Crud-Dance. Don't know if I believe him."

>a fully painted night lords army

Makes me feel like shit, user. Thanks. They look great, though. Love the Prince.

Can we talk frugal for a bit?

Where do you guys get minis for cheap, other than trawling ebay every few hours? I saw a start collecting crons box for $65 free shipping, but im poor and desperately need some heavy destroyers or a dday ark. Feels bad man

So let's have a rundown of what I've figured out about the various units and their tactical purposes.
> Crusader LR: [Crowd Control Tank] Works great as a solid wall, as well as Crowd Control. This was the MVP of my whole game for keeping infantry pinned down, while also tanking fire for other units.
> Contemptors: [Anti-Elite]. Their High-speed and relatively good firepower meant they could take out elite units.
> Tartaros Terminators: [Anti-Everything]. I had a Tartaros squad equipped with Reaper Autocannon, 2 Chainfists, Plasma Blaster, and Grenade Harness. When paired with a chaplain, they seemed to be almost excessively good at engaging multiple units. I had mine split-fire and charge at a minimum of 4 units at a time. Hellblasters would weaken Deff Dreads and Killa Kanz, while my PB and RAC would finish them off handilly, then the rest of the guns shoot everything else. And they charge nearby units to delete them. With some solid plays, I had a single 5-man terminator squad wiping 2 units out a turn, and once even taking out 3 at a time.

I enjoy talons. No overwatch allows for some good turn 1 combos. They just need a sorc to guarantee the charge.

what is the easiest/laziest way to paint cultists and still have them look decent?

Base coat and a wash or two worked for me. Nothing fancy, but looks fine on the table.

yes to OOE's bonus, and scything talons only give one extra attack if you have two or more pairs, not an extra per talon. the trygon prime has 6 attacks and three pairs of talons, so it gets 7 attacks total for having two or more pairs

Wash Over White.
> Prime White
> Wash with Agrax Earthshade all over
> Wash with Reikland Fleshshade over all their skin.
> Wash with [Colour] Shade of your choice on everything else.
> Put leadbelcher on their weapons
> Nuln oil on Weapons, everything else optional.
And done. You can paint like 100 cultists simultaneously like this in 2 hours, and it looks fairly decent. While at the same time, it's literally impossible to screw up because even a monkey can apply washes.

So now that some time has passed, what are the tier lists looking like now?
Based off browsing people's games and comments, no one really seems to be in the gutter. And only infantry spam guard/nid/ork comes across as over the top.

Aside from that, Tau aren't as bad as people kneejerked, Necrons are tough but have weaknesses like being boring to play unless you like games thrice as long as they should be, so not broken. Orks don't need to whine anymore.

thanks dogg

Base coat their pants, base coat their shirt, basecoat their skin and weapons, devlon mud the whole model. To save a step you ignorantly forgot early in this process, basecoat the base with one of those technic paints and then do steps one and two.

facebook trading and locals, but beware at the cost of cheap some dudes have no damn idea how to prepare or paint models. the horror stores i could tell you...

Okay, so the big show down in Ultramar is coming soon. Chaos v Imperium. But who will the NPC races fight for?

strawpoll.com/ysf5zcw

>Necrons are unkillable but that's a weakness because it's boring!

You're fucking retarded.

Thanks!

So wtf is up with Warlord Traits... For matched play specifically. Is it on the gamers to decide if they want to use it? If its a tourney at a store is it on the store to decide? Like what are people doin with em.

Corona, the surrounding planets will be staging zones and the wall's not built yet, so the aliens will fight these staging points for Corona.

Also Tau will fight a million lightyears from Konor but will somehow slow down the take over of this system while building their Empire.

Orks are Tier 1, but realistically only if they play a VERY SPECIFIC build, which is just Massed Boyz with Wyrdboyz to teleport them all over the place(mostly into melee). For every other build, they're essentially now middle of the line. I got my ass fucking tabled by a Meganob and dred-mob list as my first ever game of 8th edition, but then I started playing more carefully against orks. Doing stuff like precisely measuring a 22"~ distance to STAY THE FUCK AWAY from every other Ork Unit. Up until later in the game where I can finally start moving out less carefully once the ork army is weakened.

You're pretty much correct in saying that every army seems more or less similar in the tier scale. I personally run ALL-DREADNOUGHT lists, where I have anywhere from 80 to 100% of my models are nothing but dreadnoughts, and I have a roughly 50% winrate with it.

You pick the one you want. But there's literally only three of them atm so there isn't really much to be done with them.

Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly precludes the bonus from being applied on more than one pair exactly? From what I can read, the bonus attack seems to be available to every instance of the weapon, and if I have read the rules correctly you can attack with as many weapons as you have. Apologies in advance if this is something simple that I'm just too dumb to get.

Just bought the mechanicum SC as my intro to 40k. How should I build my troops (vanguard or ranger) and how should I arm the tank?

Feelings hurt because Necron mirrors will be snoozers?
Just keep rolling for 10 turns to get the angst to go away

Will there be a digital version of the upcoming forgeworld stuff? Or am I forced to buy this fugging book

Vanguards, put a Neutron laser on the Dunecrawler.

with melee you get your amount of attacks, split up among the melee weapons on the unit however you choose, its not like "oh fuck i have three pairs of scything talons and 6 attacks, so that means i get 18 attacks"

Your reading comprehension is shit.

I was thinking more that you got to use each talon pair bonus individually and could therefore manage to get 3 additional attacks. Think I get this now, though.

First army ever here

Any advice bros? Are Wulfen worth all the points?

Is that all the models you have?

Are Sicarian Rustalkers the new Mandrakes?

All of them vanguards?

Yes, rangers are straight up inferior.

Arcos are crazy good. Put 9 with a Priest in a Rhino and you get 3x D3 attacks each at WS3+ and S5. They delete hordes and normal infantry.

Death Cult Assassins and Cruaders are also really good. All with Priests of course. Crusaders have a 3++ and can use acts of faith and DCA have 4 attacks at S4 -2AP. DCA and Crusaders will dice up any infantry with higher armor value.

How could you tell?

My shop plays at 50pp.

Rangers aren't inferior if you're using them as a sniper squad. Generally what I'd recommend is 2 Vanguards and 1 Ranger squad, give the Rangers 3 Transuaric Arquebuses. Sit at the back in cover and shoot. Easy.

You can build one 5 man squad as Rangers with a Transuranic Arquebus if you want, but Vanguards are just all around better. The only advantage to Rangers is their longer range but Vanguards dish out a lot more damage.

They're still all around inferior. They aren't bad but they pretty much exist entirely to support a much larger Vanguard force.

>loyalists with Reaper ACs

GENTELMEN!! I present THE MEGA KROOT 9000

>No transports
Do you want to get blasted off the table?

Basically yeah. You still want Vanguards as your main force.

He's like, the xenos Avatar.

I can haz Dark Imperium novel plz?

Just the makeup of the list and that there's no transports. Nothing to be ashamed of, it's not a bad list. Just look at getting some Rhinos or Drop Pods next.

>First army ever here
Go easy on the guy. We've all been there at some stage

love it, so much better then the demon model chaos has right now. thats the skaven mutant thing that has the gatlinggun arm isnt it?

Sup DE bros, I made a 1k list out of models I already have. How shit is it?

[Outrider Detachment, 997/1000]
HQ:
>Archon (71) - Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
Elites:
>Incubi (98) - 1x Klaivex with Demiklaves, 4x Incubi
>[DT] Raider (116) - Dark Lance, Shock Prow
TR:
>Warriors (85) - Sybarite w/ Splinter Rifle, 8x Warrior, 1x Warrior with Splinter Cannon
>[DT] Raider (116) - Dark Lance, Shock Prow
FA:
>Reavers (224) - Arena Champion with Power Sword, 2x Reaver with Blaster and Grav Talon, 3x Reaver
>Scourges (170) - Solarite w/ Shardcarbine, 4x Scourge with Heat Lance
>Scourges (118) - Solarite w/ Shardcarbine, 4x Scourge with Haywire Blaster

Gottagofast/10

Is he finally toughness 4?

>uses leg enchancements and shit like a weak baby
Meanwhile my shaper carriers several power armor parts and unpowered thunderhammer just to make it more fair to his prey, like a god damn Piccolo and his weighted training clothes.

>cant put units within 9"
>loses power after 2 wounds
>no fly by attacks anymore
>just a 6" gun
>cant jink
>200 fucking points

I'm so glad I didn't buy more than the one I have. Holy fucking shit forgeworld ruined this thing.

Will I get blasted off the table? Should I knock some units off and get some transport on the go?

Pls help me Senpai. I don't know anyone in the hobby and all I have is my local gaming store for advice. Should I drop the Wulfen and go for transports and Scouts instead?

I think your Scourge are going to get blasted off the table by heavy bolters because they have no ablative wounds.

Ok, thanks. I was just looking at their stats on the Epub, and other than the range, the vanguards have an extra ability and the power to mortal wound.

Transports aren't mandatory anymore, but razorbacks are still solid choices. All I can say is play what you want and see how it does. Don't become a faggot who can only play "the best" units. Build and PAINT what you have, learn how your army plays, and have fun with it.

Has the mechanicum gone too far?

Magnetize the tank. It's real easy. If you refuse that route then neutron laser.