What does Veeky Forums think of LRR?

What does Veeky Forums think of LRR?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jR3poVJuO4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who?

I'm a big fan but
>there's no way they're relevant

I don'(t)hynk the even do the D&D stream anymore. AFK is the closest thing they have to Veeky Forums relevance.
Canadian sketch comedy group, fairly unheard of, largest exposure was their several years stint on the Escapist. They've built a loyal following and it's expanding greatly with their heavy streaming schedule now bringing it evermore fresh blood.

Loading Ready Run. They're a bunch of Canadian twitch streamers that do Magic: The Gathering content

Been following lrr for a good long time, since before they even did any magic content and were just a comedy troupe. They're all pretty funny and likable. Some of my favorite funny youtube videos of episodes of Feed Dump. None of them are particularly great at magic if that bothers you, but I imagine if you are only into magic casually you'd like everything they put out.

I find them ok, their magic content is hit or miss but at least when its a miss I don't mind following along just to see how the little number ends.

I followed then when I followed the escapist a long time ago. They did funny content, but I stopped when I realized how terrible the escapist was as a whole.

But they're pretty much switched entirely over too MTG content now? Geeze, what a disappointment. They had a lot of potential, but they had to cater entirely to the LCD of tabletop gaming.

>the LCD of tabletop gaming.
What did you mean by this?

I must give them props for running a pretty baller yearly charity marathon: Desert Bus for Hope

It was really big in 90s and 00s in my country, but now it's dead. Shame I was way too young to participate.

Oh shit, thought we were talking about LARP.

I like em. Their Friday Nights sketches have some great punchlines. But I assume you came here to hear some autist scream about how terrible their comedy is, what shills they are and why everyone should feel bad for enjoying rehashed jokes.

Cam is my spirit animal.

I like them, been a moderate fan since their sketch comedy days, and these days they are basically the only streamers I can bear to watch. A wide range of personalities among the group means most people can find one or two people out of them to like. I personally enjoy Alex and Cam the most, and find Graham and James to be obnoxious.

>But they're pretty much switched entirely over too MTG content now?
Not really, the mostly stream on twitch and some of their content is MtG but far from the majority

I like them for the most. I mostly just watch TTC, Friday Nights, Commodore Hustle and Qwerpline. And of course the crapshots. Even if it wasn't funny they are short enough for it to not matter

Of course their shills. They upload videos via the official MtG youtube, are sponsered by CK, and play the damn game. Anybody who doesn't shill their favorite hobby is kinda missing the point

>I assume you came here to hear some autist scream about how terrible their comedy is

Not at all. I'm a really big fan as well and I was wondering how many magic players on Veeky Forums enjoy their content, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Least common denominator

The have a MtG based sketch show hosted on wizards, but nost of their content is still games and sketch comedy and funny news

i want to fuck kathleen senseless

I'm assuming you like them

I love them.

They're very overly sensitive and left, but they make fun and interesting content.

I started laughing once in their twitch chat because some guy brought up the medievalpoc tumblr that says stuff like beethoven was black, but then I realized that the person who brought it up was dead serious.
Not every other fan is like that, but they create a safe space environment that lets those sort of people thrive.

>I don'(t)hynk the even do the D&D stream anymore. AFK is the closest thing they have to Veeky Forums relevance.
It's been a while since I've watched, but they were streaming both online and offline mtg quite a bit, and have sketches tied to board games and card games.

Damnit, I was trying to find a great sketch they made, about different magic color players.
Will continue looking soon, but I gotta fix something

Eh, I like them
They do funny things and their charity work is good.

>Damnit, I was trying to find a great sketch they made, about different magic color players.
youtube.com/watch?v=jR3poVJuO4c

What said
I don't like all of their content, a lot of it comes off as hipster crap to me, but they've done some good things.
Liked them more when i was into magic and didn't believe the escapist is trash and not neither of those are true so i don't watch them.

Also their video games news show was better than most actual vidya journalism... but that's not really saying much

the jace crapshot seems literally a recreation of my lgs at the time
people gloating over how OP mind sculptor was and how expensive it was, only to get lightning bolted instantly and tilt out

>Also their video games news show was better than most actual vidya journalism... but that's not really saying much

You mean checkpoint? If so then they still do that.

Yeah they're pretty liberal, but you would only really know that if you follow their twitter.

I believe that their fans (and most fans of anything to be honest) have much more extreme views than the person they like, but that's just my observation