Song of Swords: Bard yer Diches, we're going in lads!

Last time on Song of Swords:
Things get a bit weird
Comical miscommunication
The ethics of resolving martial strife through dueling
Terrible Sword Memes
Jimmy hints at big updates soon!

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. The Kickstarter was nearly 300% funded, and we're on the fast track to kicking ass baby.

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread.

We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room, but now we have a much better way to play Audatia: Tabletop Simulator! The (official!) mod for Audatia is now up and running!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904774480

There is also a discord server you can join:
discord.gg/d66n2SW

THE

Other urls found in this thread:

tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Thaumaturgy
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Pyromancy
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Sorcery
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/The_Land_of_Glass_and_Sorrow
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Zoph'Escher
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ADVANCED

NIGGERS

L...Legend?

RULE

THE

DICK

what

What the fuck is wrong with this thread? Post swords and elves.

>anime_girl_reaction_face (158)
Yeah, when do we get the rest of Jimjams treasure trove?

lol never

SOON my friend.

50 threads have passed, but the posts do not change.

Lore dumps have lost their effect on me.

Yet, the suffering continues.

Shitposting chokes the past, present and future. Hope is lost.

Gotta get back, back to the past, Song of Swords.

Strength caps

What if we don't use hard caps but diminishing returns? After a certain threshold (varies by weapons, I'd guess) two or three points of STR are needed for +1 damage.

How does magic work? What's the ultimate source of it in either setting?

>how does physics work, what's the ultimate source of it

The tattered realms has several distinct systems of magic, and each operate on unique metaphysics.
I don't know much about the Void magic of Ballad.

>What's the ultimate source of it in either setting?
Fun

In SoS, magic has three types, each with a different source.

Sorcery gains power from the ambient magical energy of the world. It is generally the safest and lowest powered of the three, and can be used for long lasting functions-such as keeping a mill turning indefinitely. However with a large enough concentration and mastery, sorcery can be used to terrific effect-like when Helion moonlasered a lush country hard enough it turned into a desert or when !Doctor Doom uses the Eschatology Engine.

Pyromancy is not your typical flamethrower magic, but rather draws from the Inner Flame or Soul of the user. Capable of large, flashy, powerful displays, it also slowly(or not so slowly) siphons away your very essence-memories, smells, tastes, sense of humor etc. Can be very dangerous when used for ill intent.

Thaumaturgy is communion with powerful otherwordly beings to gain access to the Ether, which is raw spirit magic. I'm going to directly quote Jimmy for this one.
"Thaumaturges allow this energy to flow into them, and then shape it into magical effects. The danger is that the forces that you are trafficking with, from their distant ethereal tendrils, to the pulsating nucleus of their hearts of chaos, are total anathema to sanity, logic, and rational thought.

In order to perform Thaumaturgy, the Thaumaturge must essentially chant, perfectly, in a language intended to be spoken by beings that exist in seven or eight dimensions, and which closely resemble the feeling of plunging one's hand into molten lead while eating a slice of lutefisk.

And one must do this while driving oneself temporarily insane through the consumption of Ether. And if one were to make a mistake – a single syllable out of place in this chant – one would run the risk of calling something out of that little pinhole-valve into the far-realm, or worse, pulling oneself in through it. "

tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Thaumaturgy
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Pyromancy
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Sorcery

The aformentioned moonlasering
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/The_Land_of_Glass_and_Sorrow

Vosca's own Doctor Doom
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Zoph'Escher

I don't think we have too many examples of thaumaturgical actions.

I think we once got a description of what a Thaumaturgy duel looks like. It went something like "Two people stand 10ft from each other chanting under their breath for about two minutes then one of them turns to molten lead."

That's metal as fuck.