MtG Hours of Devastation 21/06 Spoilers

Hostile Desert
Land - Desert

T: Add C to your mana pool
1, Exile a land card from your graveyard: ~ becomes a 3/4 elemental creature until end of turn. It is still land.

>It's become a running joke in our playgroup that if you choose me for a fact or fiction I'll put all the cards in 1 pile.
>Someone is going to build this thing at some point and chose me everytime.

G/B getting more good tools again. . . I mean, its a nice card, I can see it being playable for sure. Would be nice if R/U got something nice...

T.salty red player.

GB aggro? 1 trop, 2 drop, 3 drop, play both sides T4, get cards nuke opponents hand?

What will God-Pharaoh's Gift do?

What's that? Another card that shows that the Locust God should have been G?

Thinking it would eternalize all creatures in your graveyard? Might be good who knows

Gain two life a turn.

Well, given that we know the trials are all about making shiny blue zombies, I'd imagine it'll be an aura that makes them into one of them- gives buff to creature, probably gives it afflict. Its dead, so maybe possible reanimation as well?

3RBG, aura enchantment. Return target creature from a graveyard to play with GPG attached to it, enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and gains afflict 3.

3RBU*

Judging by Dark Intimations, nothing relevant.

My friend is super salty he can't run this in his RG EDH deck

>there won't be a god pharoah's gift because bolas just made it all up anyway
I doubt it, but it'd get a slow clap out of me

I would like that.

They don't have the balls to do that.

Well looks like sphinx tribal is a thing, because there's like 21 sphinxes that I can see people play in commander with this guy as the general

>Not Esper

ONE JOB
N
E
J
O
B

That's neat, but the land exile cost is rough.

For limited and Standard, sure. This can be playable in Modern and Legacy thanks to fetches.

This is really good, especially for an Aftermath card.

I was totally expecting the other part to be way overcosted but to my surprise it wasn't.

Haste tokens are Red.
Flying tokens are Blue.
Shit triggering on draw is Blue.
Looting is Blue or Blue/Red.
Locust God is a perfectly Blue/Red design. The fact that the tokens are insects is completely irrelevant, just like the fact that embalm's zombies are white.
There's already esper sphinxes if you want esper sphinxes, and an azorius sphinx that searches for flying creatures (which thus grabs all sphinxes) if you want to drop the black.
This is for monoblue sphinxes, and can also be run in esper sphinxes in the main deck

The red justifications are weak

I've played sphinx tribal. This guy's effect is awesome, but since he's mono-blue it means no access to the best sphinxes. Sure you get Consecrated, Sphinx of Untu (or whatever the Show and Tell sphinx is called), Windreader, and Sphinx Ambassador for funzies, but you don't get Sharuum, Magister, Enigma, Summoner, either of the Azorious legend, or Medomai.

This guy gets it.

> 1, Exile a land card from your graveyard: ~ becomes a 3/4 elemental creature until end of turn. It is still land.
>Clearly says 2
What did he mean by this. I seriously don't think this card is very good. If you have to use 2 to turn it into a creature you probably aren't activating it until turn 3, at which point you could have similar strength creatures out anyway.

It's far more red than it is green. All I've been hearing in favor of green is 'insects'

Cool design, but feels to weak

Nice. A 3/3 Flying Vigilance for 4 is nothing to sneeze at and the abilities play well with vigilance. 8/10 would draft.

Yup, it's also repeatable O-ring or a decent beater as it can exile anything that could block it.

10/10 EDH card, also seems bonkers in limited.

This is what kinda makes me sad. Unesh has a pretty good sphinx pay off and cost reduction is always swell but being mono blue really sucks for sphinxes.

Pretty awesome desu.

But do you really play Sharuum the Hegemon or do you just play an esper commander and have it be a secret sphinx tribal deck?

or just use mono blue to your advantage and run caged sun, gauntlet of power and some other cards that reward you for playing one color so you can play your sphinxes sooner even though you don't have the best sphinxes on the market?

>MEEEEEEH

I played Sharuum sphinx tribal. Aside from Enigma Sphinx all the Esper sphinxes benefited from Sharuum's ETB. Also good EDH players see Sharuum as a threat, so it's funny so see their reactions when they're told/realize it's a tribal deck.

THIS SET SUCKS

>forgive me padre for i have sinned

Cool flavor tho.

>possible (albeit slim) 4 for 1
>can get rid of anything without hexproof for 4 mana
>instant speed

But then again if pic related didn't exist I would have to disagree but it's one mana less, has a clause that may or may not happen most of the time (unless jund gods become a thing) and suddenly it's a rare

>Poor Little Snake Boi

>black getting more unconditional exile.

>It's time.
>For what?
>Hot scorpion dick.

NOOO RHONAS, You can take him! You have indestructible!

I would really like to see a god come back as an eternal. Either Rhonas or Bontu.

B A R A G O D S
A
R
A

G
O
D
S

Scorpion God is buff as fuck. mirin

for fucks sake, would it kill WOTC to let us just draw a card than this draw discard bullshit, I fucking hate looting

But being able to FoF every time an undercosted sphinx comes into play seems WAY too good to pass up to not have Unesh be the commander. I mean I'm sad that he isn't esper as well (or even at least azorius) but that doesn't mean it's absolute trash, right?

dies to bolt

That was my thought.
It should either be 1BB or 3B but work as Infinite Obliteration, searching everywhere.

"want a backrub?"
"INAPPROPRIATE TOUCHING IN THE WORKPLACE!"
"Im not hearing a no ;)"

Don't you mean "Open Fire"

I'd give a shit about this card more if Ixalan didn't have Vraska's contempt.

I would laugh but even then you're still one mana up, standard sucks.

Sure, give us a motherfucking Sphynx tribal lord before Beast, Insects, or whatever other tribe that would be more relevant. Jesus fucking Christ.

Actually, not bad. Reasonable flier for black that turns into a doom blade.

That's not only very efficient, but also protects bolas when he enters the field. Ofc, you HAVE to build around Bolas.

Neat. Probably too vulnerable at x/3 for Modern, but would draft and will EDH.

I'm just hoping for cool sphinxes, preferably ones with art as good as Serra's.

I do like how this is good of all 3 :/ bolas planeswalkers.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a squirrel lord that is actually a squirrel.

I'm not sure that's such a bad downside though, I mean think about it if they want to not have their shit blow up the moment you slap down bolas they've gotta waste their removal on a 2/1 flier or use it on your better threats and risk you being able to get back at them for it. then again you can only have 4 copies of bolas out of the 60 so if wizards really wants this to work-

wait. wait wait. Is this spoiled as an actual card or is it from the precon. this seems like a precon card now that i think about it.

Precon card.

Also, I really like the art for the precon woodland stream.

Yeah, the uncommon creatures are about the best thing about the Planeswalker intros because they all can be used with any version of the walker.

The intro rares should be like that too. They are never too good so mostly no worries about them being broken and planeswalker type tutors are a cool and interesting effect that should be explored, only they keep themselves constrained by narrowing it down to the one shitty walker.

If only they worked that way, the walker intros would be prime kitchentable material.

Two more Hours to go.

It is NOT a downside at all, man. It's pretty damn great in every front.

And in a deck focused on having Bolas as your wincon you'll find a way to ALWAYS make the ability relevant. Tron does it with Karn and you've got 3 Bolas cards vs 1 Karn / 1 Ugin.

... Maybe I should build Bolas Tron...

We had a player like that in my old playgroup. It got to the point where we would target him even if he wasn't playing

Searching for any Chandra or any Gideon would be way to good.
The point of the planeswalker decks is so casuals don't have to pay more than MSRP, not buy a $50 precon thinking its a good investment only to learn that two cards are worth $10 because someone got top 8 with them in the sideboard.

Ok, we've got a big white guy that flickers creatures AND orings them now. I wonder what novel design space white will explore in Ixilan?

>The fact that the tokens are insects is completely irrelevant, just like the fact that embalm's zombies are white.
You can't cite the same block you're defending as a precedent. Just because Wizards is playing fast and loose with creatures doesn't justify anything.

I don't understand, I thought insects were red this block?

solid pick in limited regardless if you get bolas or not

>limited
>ONLY in the planeswalker decks

There's obviously going to be "Hour of devastation" as the last one to complete the cycle.

I'd bet that Promise is G, Eternity is U and Devastation is R

I eould have definitely gone gb given no other context for locusts, but i can see red for locusts if we think of them as consuming with no regard to the natural order. Green eats but it only eats what it "should" so that harmony ia maintained. But we can assume the locust gods locusts are not that considerate, and are only concerned with instinctual consumption until theres nothing left. This also makes it distinct from black where black consumes without regard, but for personal benefit. Since the locusts are wiped animals, they dont do it to "benefit" in the same way black thinks of it.

Its grasping a bit but if I really had to i could see it. I think its less blue than anything else. Flavorfully its pretty much just blue because it flies and needed to be in bolas colors. Also blue seems to have an association with the Hekma for some reason?

There was one insect last set and it was black. They also got this rad enchantment.

This art is hilariously bad.

Well the Scarab God WILL be UB, and will probably be related to creatures entering the battlefield and putting -1/-1 counters on things

>green only eats what it should
If you're only looking at the good side of green. And ignoring the fact that pairing it with other colors also changes its characteristics.
Also you're falling into the WOTC trap of thinking that red = mindless. You just don't have a nuanced view of the color pie at all.

Key word hilarious. The art is funny as shit.

Now that Rhonas is dead I hope he is reborn in the desert or some shit.
I also hope for the same with oketra so that there are 5 gods in the set and it could fit together with all the nagas in the desert stuff

Imagine if they included a female god getting the backrub

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS

Explaining that lpcusts could be red because they are mindless is not saying thst red is always mindless, how the fuck do you figure that.

Also green NEVER overconsumes, at least not by itself. That is literally antithesis to green. Overconsumption throws off the natural balance. Green is characterized in one way by eating a lot, but its not about consuming TOO much. The characterization would be that green does nothing BUT eat.

I didn't know it was only in the PW deck until now
Still it's a neat card

RHONAS RAPE

Scry 3

//

Aftermath

Look at the top card of your library. If it’s a creature card, you may reveal it and put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put that card into your hand.

there was atleast 3 insects, one black, one green and one black/green
Also the tokens of course

Sorcery or instant?

Both sides are sorcery speed.

Scarab God will probably be around token generation I imagine, that's all we're missing

wew. Scry should have been instant.

Sorcery both halves. I thought it was neat until I noticed the scry half was sorcery.

The UR god generates tokens

What?

So sorry kek

Can we get an edit of this with rhonas scooched just a little closer to the scorpion god? Please?

This shit is more than playable in legacy and modern, you have more than enough fetches to feed it when you need to, hell even popped Wastelands and similar feed it.

Why you gotta tease me bro, lemme go already.

>Bolas makes male angels and bara gods
Is wizards finally giving us the homosexual dragonkin we've always needed? Its 2017 people!

Based on today's story article, the Hour of Promise will be a U/R card to represent Locust God destroying the Hekma, while the Hour of Eternity will be the worthy dead resurrecting as Eternals.