MtG

So, having a game end on turn 4 is 'unpalatable.'

In that case, what is the earliest turn that an aggro deck should be allowed to win by, without being considered 'unpalatable?'

Rolled 10 (1d10)

I dunno.

Dice of randomness roll roll roll
Tell us the number that we should know

Right, there you have it. Turn 10.

I would say 5 sets of turns should be the lower bound.

I feel like turn 6 or 7 would be a decent place to aim for. That would let people get those really big monsters out

It's unpalatable to lose to a single card most decks can't stop that has to roll in to a giant dumbass way ahead of curve, the statement was not an indictment against aggro.

Of course, wizards isn't too keen on aggro either, but that's not what they were talking about here. At least aggro has to dump their hand of cards, any of which most opponents can presumably interact with.

I've pulled complete wins by turn 3 in Standard by damage and Turn 1 in Modern.
Modern usually ends by turn 4 and Standard should usually end by turn 5.

I routinely win by then 4 in limited let alone constructed. But I am at a higher level than the vast majority of players.

turn 2

Wheres turn 3?

Just reprint path to exile and stiffle :^)

The problem is the shift from control as a result of banning reflector mage. It wasn't an inordinately powerful card worthy of a ban, it just sort of existed and shit on popular strategies. By choosing, ideologically, to limit the extent of control and removal, they have less wiggle room because answers aren't as prevalent.

>not wanting game to end turn 4 plenty of ways to do it
>turn 1 bloodlust
>turn 2 4/3 minotaur, give haste
>turn 3 snek god, give it haste
>turn 4 double combat, give it haste, double combat, have room for blooming defense
>deal 38-42 damage turn 4

>tfw this card got me into black
Negator is probably my favorite black card.
Is that deck legacy legal?

>turn 1 win in modern
With what deck and what Christmas-land hand?
Storm is the only deck that comes to mind that could do that

>counterplay
after nerfing counter magic into shit. Golly, I sure do enjoy ramming creatures into one another turn after turn

Puresteel Storm with Simian Guide.

And of course It was with Christmas-land hand. The deck reliably fire the combo by turn 3.
The hand was: Simian, Sram, Rugged Praire, Mox, Cherrios, Cherrios, Cherrios.
The Retract came with the draws.

They've nerfed counterspells and burn spells so fucking much its stupid.

the only acceptable victory is one in where you remove all cards in both decks at the start of the game from play.

Having the game end on turn 4 is totally fine as long as both players got to actually fight for real during those four turns. Tons of games ended turn four in Tempest era standard and it was some of the best standard has ever been.

Having the game end on turn 4 in a landslide victory, because one player is running a combo that doesn't have sufficiently effective counters in the format? That's dogshit.

The issue isn't what turn you're allowed to win. The issue is that games shouldn't be one-sided fuckfests that boil down to luck of the draw.

lol