Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Heritage Edition: Have you ever played the child of one of your previous characters? Tell us about the family's legacy!

/pgg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
current playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pathfindercommunity.net/classes/prestige-classes/champion-of-irori
d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/c-d/champion-of-the-enlightened/
docs.google.com/document/d/1z3EOSCTZTBbNGO60d9O9xnVhVaeAayIIidXg6WeXQps/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Have you ever played the child of one of your previous characters? Tell us about the family's legacy!

Does it count if you're making a character whose father is a character you played in a previous campaign?

We were on page 7, you fucking shitlord.

Given that that is literally the situation the OP is asking about: Yes, yes it does count.

I once Played the Daughter of a Wizard i played. it was kinda cute, considering her mother was said Wizard's old Rival from Mage Academy.

Old rivalries turning into passionate love and romance is the S-Class of character interaction tropes.

This is literally trash tier. S-class is a passionate love to a trickster fox spirit, or at least a loving spider waifu willing to bear hundreds of your children

Have played the evil older half-brother of a dead PC, and in a later occasion the lawful younger brother of another dead PC.

>monstergirl shit

Lol weeb cuck

>Liking 3DPD
>Being the one with an actual risk of cuckoldry

This is sorta late but what I meant last night about the reduced progression on maneuvers was that the 6/9 archetypes are better balanced and healthier for the overall game than the primary initiators.

I could have been way more clear in my phrasing there and I am sorry

Close, but you failed to hit the bull's eye. The ultimate relationship is between a man and his protective guardian spirit who has known him since childhood, and although the relationship isn't sexual or explicitly romantic, there's such intimacy, trust and affection between the two that you wouldn't hesitate to call them life partners.

So basically the main character of Nioh and his guardian spirit Saoirse.

something that makes the user permanently really flexible, so they can squeeze through tiny ass holes like an octopus

I actually played the grandson of one of my characters once. It was pretty cool.

What's the effective difference between the d20PFSRD and Pathfindercommunity?

The Pathfindercommunity site doesn't seem to have an issue with printing the proper name of things, which is a huge plus (imo), so why should I use the d20PFSRD?

Ex.:
pathfindercommunity.net/classes/prestige-classes/champion-of-irori

d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/c-d/champion-of-the-enlightened/

Yeah!

>I could have sworn I saw a "dragon prince/ss" race some time ago that was exactly what you described- Pretty much Dragonborn but with vestigial wings for gliding.
Well if you see it again, scream loudly and wave your arms, it would be muchly appreciated.

Wasn't that just some homebrew from one of the recent games?

I've got a question about SoP's Alteration sphere, primarily the Mimicry talent.

>You may study a creature you can see as a full-round action or spend a spell point to instead study it as a swift action. For the next hour or until you study another creature, you gain a single Alteration talent corresponding to the creature or one of the creature’s apparent features. A creature you have studied with this talent counts as being familiar for the purposes of the Perfect Imitation talent and the mimicry trait of the Vocal Transformation talent.

Does specifically require the creature be ALIVE? Can I technically carry around a bunch of taxidermied animals (Birds, Snakes, Insects, an imp, some kind of small, taxidermied dragon, a fish), pull those out to study them, then use the mimicry talent to "gain" one of their apparent features? I was planning on a character that kept taxidermied animals around and used those as "models" for his abilities and shapeshifting. Is this cheesing things too hard, or is it just creative interpretation of abilities? I'm spending pretty much ALL my talents on Alteration anyway.

It is and here's a link. Have fun making thicc dragongirls.

docs.google.com/document/d/1z3EOSCTZTBbNGO60d9O9xnVhVaeAayIIidXg6WeXQps/edit

>thinks you can't get sex without having a relationship you have to care about
>can't get sex at all for that matter

How pitiful that you celebrate being incel. No wonder Asians and whites are dying out. Might as well castrate yourself.

Can you use slam attacks while wielding a weapon in two hands?

Not in Pathfinder.
You could in 3.5 due to a usually unread rule.

Damn that "Hands of Effort" Rule!

> can't slam with your feet knees head shoulders ass or dick

Pathfinder is retarded and gay

user, are you the man that thinks they can date a whore? We make fun of those men.

Hands of effort are cancer, as are the vestigial limb rulings for Alchemists

>assuming I'm white or asian

Hey Disk, can you just review all the WotR apps? Because it's painfully obvious that "Righteous Reviewanon" is too worried about hurting peoples delicate sensibilities to tell them what they need to hear.

You are still an idiot regardless of what a percentage of 1% of your genome says you look like.

While he's at it, he can actually review my app this time.

Up to the GM I think. I'd rule that creatures, once dead, are no longer creatures, since it looks like this is supposed to be a limitation on the power. The intent of the ability is to mimic nearby creatures. Would be a great justification to have a pet as an exception though, or borrow a witch/wizard familiar.

Your seemingly random capitalization and failure to capitalize the first letter of your second sentence is incredibly agitating.

Why aren't the memes for WotR as spicy as they could be?

Lynch yourself nigger.

Because muh mady knights

Speaking of which, what is the point of slam attacks when weapon attacks are better?

When will Ensoulment reviewanons show up?

Tuv's own shitty behavior overshadowed anything that'll come out of the app process. As for ladyknights, Seraphina and Cyrielle have those roles locked down pretty tightly without being particularly memeable.

Not him but first factor out the DNA we have in common with chimpanzees and then look at the percentage difference between races

Where are the PLD memes at? It's closing this weekend

A very simple question for a very simple noob.

Just to be clear; you get the Class Skills from any and all classes that you've ever had, right? It makes no difference once you have a class that has a given class skill.. right?

Hello Disk.

Same place all the apps are: people-are-tired-of-Vult's-shit-and-nobody-cares-anymoreville.

memes mostly come from self shilling. Many of the "celebs" are on full schedules now, meaning they're not applying, not self shilling, fewer memes. It's also early, majority of garbage shit posts will come after 5 PM eastern time when school/work is done.

Do you know where you are?

Yeah, I fucking hate it with the "hurf durf we share so much of our DNA with eachother how can you think that race matters?!" and the level of ignorance it shows. Bitch, we share ~50% of our DNA with bananas, ~70% with slugs, and about 98% with chimps.

You bet your ass that the genetic differences between population groups matter. Showing it as a pure percentage means fucking nothing. What matters is how much you have in common and which genes those are. Population groups share certain DNA, but is different in other DNA from other groups, despite the percentage difference between people being "greater" on a simple percentile spectrum.

Genetic distance isn't 2-dimensional. Look up "Human genetic variation, Fst and Lewontin's fallacy in pictures" in case you need to give someone some hand-holding.

You've really blown him out of proportion.

Or you attribute the actions if his players to him. He's pretty damn chill.

You're shouting about a bogeyman of your own creation

>Why aren't the memes for WotR as spicy as they could be?
Because nobody gives a shit other than people too busy namefagging and tooting their own horn.

>he thinks celebs need to self-shill

Hi Vult.

If you care about memes (you really shouldn't), why not run an AP and make new ones?

Who the shit would even know who Sleep is if he hadn't self-shilled for so long?

At least he backed off and stopped posting with capslock on.

>floating the argument used by X supremacists to prove they are inherently better than others
Amazing how in the centuries of advancement in biology, it's something that has still failed to be proven across the board, but people still cling to in order to feel better about their personal failure.

Doesn't he run multiple games? He could've said nothing and people would know about that. Then people would notice the games he was accepted into as a player.
People would wonder who this mysterious nerd was, and it would be a great hullabaloo. In a way, the shilling was better. He told you who he was, and now you know.

>implying Vult is more chill than his players

Not even Vult would lie this hard

Just let them ignore the fact that there is greater genetic variation within one of the defined races than there are between the races themselves.

And let's get to discussing Pathfinder.

I'm building a campaign for Halloween, what are some spooky, but under utilized, monsters I can toss in? Level 3-5, with gesalting in the form of costumes.

>underutilized

Shouldn't you go for the big cliches, though? Like Flesh Golem!

Oh I am, with a twist. But I want to toss some surprises at them.

So far I've got tongue eating vampire parasites, sonar guided wereowls, squid powered ghouls, mothman gargoyles, and Black Death infested goblins, bogarts, and trolls.

I was referring to the fact that he wasn't the one to post Gloriana or New Girls logs, his players posted those and he got blamed.

He bailed when he watched all the creepering on Wist after the Catmere logs. Which was two months ago.

The stupid thing is he's in here all the time talking about the other pieces of PLD without calling it as such. You've probably helped him or at least weighed in.

He got into RotJR as a literal who and does run several games. He was a known property before he decided that he needed to shout from the rooftops about his character for some unknown reason.

Maybe so, but he's the face of his own game and the one who facilitates all that happens within it.

So we blame him because without him, PLD would never have become this insufferable.

I think Ruhiel Inaedel is extremely cute!

>wereowls

That sounds fucking terrifying.

You know this all started with the diamond dogs, right? That it caused a mountain of ass blast when his response was "what the fuck? No! I'm not going to accept people trying to literally destroy the point of the game" and then the blatant lying started because people like you culture the opinions of the uncaring like you're tending to a pot garden?

Stop blaming him for trying his best to run a good game.

>diamond dogs
Guys, I found Vult.

How so? Diamond Dogs was a big gay meme that came from the threads after people realized PLD was a serious game looking for serious applications. Any DM in Vult's position would've been pissed at people trying to intentionally ruin his game and get cheered for it.

But user, he's a crybully who complained in the discord that people from the discord were doing all the shitposting! Even after they started posting out of context screen shots from the discord!

_Angry Drake Noises_

pathfinder community is way out of date

Meaning it's not loaded with the errata nerfs?

Why though? How can I meme with so little to work with!

So for fags who have looked through Ironfang Invasion, I'm curious. How effective would someone specced for fighting humanoids (grapples, tripping, intimidation, possibly nonlethal, etc) actually fare? Is it still too early to tell if it could last the whole campaign since not everything is or yet? What classes are good at the whole shebang while still being useful if those trucks can't be used? Assume 1pp, feat tax rules, Jolly content, and (maybe) FFS.

Got a friend interested in running it with 2 PCs as a gestalt, and I've been juggling ideas around.

Look, if the motherfucker wanted to publicize a game about monster rape, he and all of you should have been ready for this shit. Nobody would have said a damn thing if PLD had just gone on the down low and not bothered anyone.

I don't give a shit how long it's been since he posted logs, or let you fuckers post logs, or whatever. What matters is that logs were posted repeatedly, and apparently just for the sake of posting logs. You have no right to complain now after you made yourselves such a fucking thread-destroying laughingstock.

As always the question becomes, why not simply use those actions to kill the enemies?

It's missing the last year of releases.

James Michael Stone, son of Aegan Stone.

Aegan was a time-ripped doctor from a version of the 1860's who lived the life of your normal CoC investigator until he got conscripted by the Time Police. Aegan has a paranoid delusion that he's being followed by a Plague Doctor named Robert, who he kindly regards. Robert is, in fact, a ghastly apparition of Elder make.

5 years later he somehow charms a crazy mage lady and they have a child.

James is a Full-born Mage in Shadowrun with a Fear Totem. Robert has followed.

James and Aegan are both paranoid, possibly schizophrenic, and absolutely magnificent.

You realize that the point of the boards being anonymous is precisely to avoid all the personal drama and appeals to authority and ad hominems and shit and god-knows-what-else is going on in this thread, right? Why can't you just kill yourselves?

>pathfinder community is way out of date
>It's missing the last year of releases.

Well that makes me sad.

has LoBaF greentext been posted?

If proper names are that important to you, there's Archives of Nethys.

That is correct.

Mostly so I can at least pretend I'm playing something more than a ball of lethal damage waiting to roll over enemies. I can easily slap together a Barbarian or UMonk who can gib something, but I'd rather save that for a desperation move than it being my only trick. Plus, it could give me a chance to play a character who WANTS to be merciful, even though they know it will only end poorly.

There is no bigger asshole than anonymous.

Anonymous is way cooler than most of the personalities here.

fuck you, anonymous is a faggot

>healing in combat is stupid
>I don't know what teamwork is
>my GM has never put me up against people who can heal in combat
>but muh math says kill faster=better
>what do you mean actual play is different than theoretical math?
>how did a fighter who received in-combat healing kill my optimized murder machine????

what's the charisma based witch archtype again?

Your mom. :^)

You must be really new here.

GM must be pretty bad at optimizing to 'murder' the party, because a fighter should die in one round, thus making healing pointless.

Anonymous is a faggot desu.

Anonymity causes most of this bullshit. People turn into monsters when they realize there are no consequences for saying whatever they want.

Seducer. Legacy of the First World.

Sometime out of the First World book. Seducer Witch, I believe.

Anonymous has done nothing wrong. Think about it, every time there's a mess here it always leads back to someone coming out of anonymous to make a name for themselves.

As long as anonymous is anonymous everything is harmless shitposting at worst. We go to hell the moment anonymous can be identified as Rory or Vult or iKiD or Broodie.

>No magic item market
>No craft feats allowed
>Any magic item is randomly rolled (even the charges if the item has charges)
>To """"compensate""" GM gives you 1 mythic level and that's it
Well, we're literally fleeing from half the encounters because at 9th level we can't even defeat CR 6

But that's the nature of recruiting for a game

Considering the fighter+cleric combo were run by the GM, you must be thinking of the player who clearly listens to Veeky Forums too much and believes all of Veeky Forums's nonsensical 'perfect' builds and misinformation..

Anyone know a way to get favored class bonuses from one race onto another, without being a human?