/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Everyone wants the same HH box edition.
McNeil stealing French plotlines subedition.

IN THE LAST THREAD we posted legion rivalries, discussed the Crimson King, posted what we wanted in plastic, loads of people posted their armies' fluff. Cora is a slut. Imperial fists need more paint. Thousand Wrongs were framed by themselves at Nikea. Spaceship Weapon schematics made an appearance, and traitors are shit (SHIT). Siege bridges, nuff said, more here: >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 ()

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/89191953@N05/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Question for fellow Custard players:
How to use the Coronus? Without Assault Vehicle it seems kinda shit, but my all-infantry custodes force hasn't been too hot, either.
Not a fan of the model, but with the Repulsor fulfilling my desire for flying bricks I figure I can get a trio of them with some turret replacements instead.

Rolled 3 (1d20)

Good to see Astartes returning to defend Terra. What Legion do you hail from, friend?

Ain't no astartes, bud.

Seventh get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>talking to our favourite brand of nephews like that
Disgusting.

>Implying the Seventh and its collection of yellow shovels are anything more than disposable tools

Delusional.

>creating discord amongst the defenders of Terra
Don't think I can't see (You) Alpharius.

How very like you, the Twentieth, to attempt to sow confusion where your mettle fails.

reeee

>>Implying the Seventh and its collection of yellow shovels are anything more than disposable tools
The IW, IH and SoH lack legion-specific weapons.
What would they be, and IW Chainshovels when?

Do they have missle launchers for marines? I'm trying to diversify my havocs

The Fourth and Its Legion are the loose equivalent of a multi-tool. They solve problems, and are capable of soaking up casualties only a few others can sustain. Unfortunately, >>REDACTED BY ORDER OF IMPERIAL DECREE 173-36-1FW0R57-7UR-D-834R3R5-5UCK AS SIGNED BY THE EMPEROR AND WITNESSED BY TRIBUNE JASERIC OF THE LEGIO CUSTODES>>.

The Tenth and Its... "Sons" are unreliable knock-offs; they are known to loose their heads when put under pressure.

The Sixteenth and Its minions are a sword moreso even than other Primarchs and other Legions. They go for the throat, relentlessly, and this made them quite efficient at compliance actions. As for what type of sword, I would argue that it depends on the situation and officer in charge. Certainly, the Sixteenth has shown significant skill at spearheading such assaults, even if It tends to >>REDACTED BY ORDER OF IMPERIAL DECREE 111-356-6K8357-7UR-D-834R3R5-5UCK AS SIGNED BY THE EMPEROR AND WITNESSED BY TRIBUNE KADAI OF THE LEGIO CUSTODES>>.

>they are known to loose their heads when put under pressure.

What's the most special characters you've seen crammed into a list? Mine was probably Rask, Typhon, Mortarion, Alpharius and Dynat in a 2v2 game against my characterless Mechanicum and another dude's characterless Militia.

Personally I love playing against chracterspam, since I can blast the shit out of them and if I lose I lose nothing. The more snowflake people make their fluff the more I enjoy shooting their snowflakes with random chumps, but everyone else seems to be really into herohammer and GW's "everyone into the wrestling ring, fuck the war" style of writing.

It acts as a gunboat. Use it to mince enemies and protect your boys. I usually hop mine out on the opposite side of the tank and have them skirt beside it to be out of LOS, then have the tank shoot the shit out of anything in the way; squad then charges next turn.

Alternatively you can use it to slam everything forward, pop out, and hit the enemy with every Custode and tank ranged weapon you can. It'll whittle down most units extraordinarily.

If I ever run a Coronus I run them in pairs because the combined firepower and footprint terrifies most players into sinking hilarious amounts of shots into each unit.

WIP UM Chapter Master/Captain is coming along nicely. I finally solved the Head dilemma by cutting off the praetors head at the ears and glueing a Tartaros helmet on top of it.

I'm relatively happy with the result, the head doesn't even need glue to stay in the slot.

Back view

>> players fleeing 30k like rats from sinking ship

Iron Hands exist in 41k too. And compared to the goodness that is mk.3 and the various terminator patterns, MKX looks like ass.

Half the reason people migrated to HH in the first place was the shitty rules in 7th edition. 8th has got people excited, the movement is in the other direction. If they enjoy what they find (and by most accounts they will), they'll never go back to a game based on 7th. FW are making a massive mistake by not porting over ASAP.

Tyrant Siege Terminator missile launchers are close enough to being a legion-specific iconic weapon. Maybe give Havocs something that looks similar but smaller, and improve the frag version if you want unique rules.

I could see IH getting unique wargear rather than weapons. Something to do with augmetics (have to be careful because their LA(IH) rule is already pretty strong).

SoH really do need something now that everyone has access to the Anvillus-pattern Dreadclaw. Their thing is short-ranged shooting and close combat, so maybe a pistol actually worth taking?

>FW are making a massive mistake by not porting over ASAP.
The guy in charge of doing so, died. Be patient.

What manner of chest and legs have you attached to your armour, brother?

It's a shitty situation, but life goes on. I doubt he would have wanted them to bury his creation with him.

>Bligh was the only one who could do anything ever for 30k, all the rest of FW are nigh useless
Makes me even sadder.

>dead thread
>dead community
>dead game

>now only the people who care about the lore and fielding fluffy armies remain while the BaC and BoP babies leave

>Rotten fans
>Decaying communities
>Stagnant edition
It's a paradise!

Shoo shoo spoopy nurglite.

Want to make a chaplain for my World Eaters to get that sweet sweet Zealot. I don't like the studs of Mk V helms, can I pass off a Mk VII as a Sarum-pattern? I plan to attach a crest to it so it's not just an unmodified piece of armor heresy. Or should I just see if I can come across another of Kharn's helm and put a crest on that? The model is going to be remeniscent of the description of Delvarii from Betrayer, legion shouldpads on both sides, B@C chaplain body, power axe for his Crozius.

does anyone have a good guess at just how many death guard marines survived the siege of Terra?

Somewhere between as many as you want and as many as the plot needs.

No, I suspect it's just a delay. But a big one, because he did a lot of the heavy lifting.

I don't think it'll be a problem, especially for a one-off. Sarum-pattern helmets are a little more frowny than Mantilla-pattern ones, but even the latter show up in book 1.

please respond

Oh look, the Thirteenth walks once more amongst us. Funny how the Ninth and Its Legion made it back to Terra while you and the First didn't huh?

it's a start, you may want to hit all that gold with a wash of Reikland Fleshshade (gloss version works too) or Seraphim Sepia.
After that you can pick out the raised areas in gold again to create depth.

You'll also want to gently put some highlights on the blue and perhaps hit it with a shade too (Nuln Oil or Drakenhof Nightshade).

>implying 30k won't get flooded by 40k marine armies because they're getting bullied by chad marines

MkIII primarines look nice. Wonder how much work it was to file down the pads to get the MkIII ones on.

well, we made it before the Xth at least.
I did shade the blue with Nuln Oil but it's not too visible in that lighting, I also didn't shower the mini in it but tried to stick to the corners. Except the helm, I accidentally caught too much Nuln Oil on the brush and it was covered. I have yet to get to the store for Reikland Fleshshade, it was sold out last time. It's also the first mini I fully painted in about 10 years so I'm really proud of what little I did do right with it.

Good start, keep at it, and he should end up just fine.

what do you think about the Gladius?

I think it adds much needed white to the mix, also got any glaring criticism of things that need more work? I'm reluctant to start on the weapons before the rest of the mini isn't passable.

He looks really good from a bit of distance, and I am worried I thinned a couple of my colours a tad too much. Some layers have trouble covering.

UMs to use white for contrast, it might be a bit large as a single contrast item, but if you can balance it out while you're progressing, then it should work just fine.

Distance is a painters friend (unless you're a master, then close-ups are cool), but for those of us who don't have half a dozen Slayer Swords on the wall, a little distance really helps.

If you feel some areas aren't properly covered, go over them again with a thin layer of paint.
It's an additive process after all.

I thought about giving the scabbard blue corners so it blendss more with the backdrop, but that would be a bitch to get right. I'm actually thinking of leaving it as is right now, since it kinda grows on me, besides that I can easily pull it off if I start disliking it since it's only glued on a very narrow strip at the belt.

you mean shoulder pads? all pads fit Primaris

All pads and heads fit Primaris. That'll give them a decent degree of customizability. Also, by the looks of it backpacks aren't too much smaller either, so you might be able to get away with those too.

>implying the Custodes favorite legion wasn't the First
Reminder: Only one Legion fought a pitched alongside the Custodes in force.

They probably liked the Luna wolves too, but that was because everyone like Pre-Davin Horus.

Can't be that talented if he used a strictly inferior material to make it out of.

in what relationship to regular Baneblade types do the Legion[Blades] stand?

they appear to be similar chassis

WTF he looks like a wojak wearing a jacket

Updated for recent releases

If you have the option of giving them space marine crews then it means they're probably operated by supporting mortal troops and regular enginseers. Maybe a space marine tank commander at most, directing the mortal crew members and serfs. Like that IH Malcador pic.

>can I pass off a Mk VII as a Sarum-pattern?
What this guy did looks way better. He took the World Eaters Conversion Kit from Forge World then clipped off the cadere remissum and filled in the chaos markings. He then selfcasted them in bluestuff and made a bunch for his army.

That's pretty awesome, can you give me the sauce?

>Angel Exterminatus not Good Tier
>Nemesis and The Flight of the Eisenstein not in Acceptable Tier
>Angels of Caliban not Mediocre Tier
>Pharos not Acceptable Tier
>anything by Nick Kyme higher than Mediocre Tier
Beyond that it's a good list.

Marius a.k.a. HerrPoom
flickr.com/photos/89191953@N05/

Wow his stuff is impressive. Does he post here?

But there wasn't a question, and we were going to wait until you finished it before commenting on the paintjob and conversion job (the photos' a little too dark to see the latter very clearly).

How is 'A Thousand Sons' in god tier and Angel Exterminatus not? Also Betrayer is so good that it almost deserves its own tier imo

Don't the models actually share some parts?

It looks like they're more sophisticated versions on the same basic chassis. Less armor for more speed (e.g. much less track protection) and better sloping to make up for the lighter armor - though I'm not sure how a lower turret is supposed to accomodate larger crew members. Maybe there are fewer levels inside, or just more space because the power plant is smaller.

I don't really like the concept of the Falchion. I mean, the Shadowsword is a titan-sized gun that just barely fits into a superheavy tank chassis... and somehow these guys have gotten a second one in there?

If you don't take space marine crew, then I think it's serfs who are driving.

>does anyone of actual quality other than glorious scanon post in /hhg/
You're a funny guy.

Hm you are right, we should fix that. Can we get some miniatures posted? I'll start, let me crop some pictures

>Does he post here?
No he's talented.

Ok, I am working on the most hated guys of /HHG/ not counting femarchposters of course
What do you think anons? I'll post him with the old man below

Feedback appreciated anons

>this ADB wankery
>that Abnett under appreciation

>mfw these are the plebs I post with

rRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Looking good man. I assume the faces are still WIP?

Erebus did nothing wrong.

Fuck off chadstard REEEEEEEE

what do you think of my guys user? Here is a Calth veteran for you

They where still WIP at that stage, I can't get a good pic of them finished. Fucking night, I guess I'll try to make a light box tomorrow

>Erebus did nothing wrong.
I can't believe you would go on the internet and tell lies, not even of a Word Bearer.

Nice, I love Anvillus backpacks. How's he still ambulatory if a bolter round punched through his shin?

>t. Kharn
Your buddy had to die. Chaos willed it.

It looks as awful as all of the Seventeenth's spawn do.

Custode Saltyness aside, looks good.

A lot of people consider A Thousand Sons to be the best HH novel so far. It's indisputably top-tier. But yeah, I'd put Angel Exterminatus up there too. A lot of people would.

Personally, I'd put Fulgrim higher and Fear to Tread lower. I know a lot of people disliked Fulgrim though.

Regarding the white, I think spot colors work best in triangles. You've got dark red in a triangle: shoulders and tabard, and that's good. White's so bright that you should keep it smaller - maybe just the hilt and then complete the triangle by putting white decorations on the shoulder pads or the shins. In other words, I'd use something more neutral on the scabbard like gray or brown. It's not a great place to draw focus to.

I can see some highlighting on the legs; it'd be great if you could get some onto the helmet too, if nowhere else. I think blue is relatively forgiving to highlight and shade, so have at it.

I think I see some shading on the gold. More would be good - maybe not an overall wash, just some thick but precisely applied wash where different pieces of armor meet - the knees in particular.

Not the sharpest picture, but for the UM Epic-scale contemptor I used old Ultramarine Blue as a base - it has a bit of gray in it and that might be what made it such a forgiving color. You're starting with a more saturated blue, so I'd strongly consider desaturating your highlighting layers - add a light gray to your base color to highlight.

For the legion symbols and XIII on the kneepad, I used a size 0 brush - any smaller and the paint dries before you reach the mini. It's a pricier brush, Newton & Windsor series 7, and I have gotten bad ones from them before (kept splitting) so price doesn't guarantee quality. But if you get a good one, it does seem to hold its point longer than a lot of other brushes that start to hook in the direction you've been pushing it.

Really? I've never heard that before. Are you sure they dont mean 'Prospero Burns'? Because 1KSons were my favorite legion untill I read it.

Chaos gains man, the best kind of gains. I like to think of him as having his whole jaw destroyed but his will and zealotry are so strong that he keeps fighting until his enemies are dead. Then he'll be able to die knowing that the gods smile at him. He'll probably die even before shooting when he gets used in the table. Feels bad man

>Really? I've never heard that before. Are you sure they dont mean 'Prospero Burns'?
A Thousand Sons is universally considered a better novel than Prospero Burns.

>Because 1KSons were my favorite legion untill I read it.
Why? They barely even feature in it. Did the Wolves tickle your fancy?

Because AE isn't got-tier and ATS is better than it.

Ok anons, I've posted some of my guys, now post what are you working on or what are your favourite HH models

I guess I'll add a potato pic of my shit seeing as I'm sitting here working on these guys right now. Making some bladeboys.

That's some great advise, I'll keep it in mind to paint ultramarine corpses in my bases

>Punished Custodes

nice

Looking good man. Great work with the metallic red there and those bases are awesome

I TREAD THE PATH OF THE SWOLE, AND HAVE ATTAINED PEAK PERFORMANCE

I like the robes, the burning sword and the bases a lot

What does that model attack with? The misericordia?
Horus sent us to hell, but we're going even deeper. The Emperor calls for wetwork and we answer.

>misericordia
He is a true battleking of the Ten Thousand. His devotion is such that he strikes his foe with the banner he carries. (Also I only use him in 40K, cause shieldtrolling BoP instructions are a thing)

>The Emperor calls for wetwork and we answer.
L-lewd.

>I TREAD THE PATH OF THE SWOLE, AND HAVE ATTAINED PEAK PERFORMANCE
But did you have unholy assistance? We must know.

Are we knot His Companions ;^)

Sounds like you've been played like a damn fiddle.

At least we aren't as dead as AOS.

What about in comparison to Horus?

Angel Exterminatus makes Peturabo too sympathetic and not the Iron Tyrant who treated his Legion and his brothers like shit.

>Angel Exterminatus makes Peturabo too sympathetic
This is a criticism I see often and it's absolute garbage. The book opens up with one of his officers being interred within a dreadnought for the crime of bearing bad news. He's an absolute prick and the Iron Warriors are terrified of their Primarch.

AE does a great job giving Perturabo depth. It explains the motivation behind his famous anger but doesn't beat you over the head trying to justify it. Everyone is the hero of their own story, user. One dimensional babyeating villains are fucking boring.

> they were my favorite untill I read A thousand sons (sic)

There is just waay too much homolust. Its off the charts. Even considering HH in general.

I found it to be disorganized. Also the space wolves were catty two faced assholes. It was all very middle school.
I still like Magnus, and I quite like Plato's The Cave, but I thought its use at the council of nikea to be both super on the nose and kind of out of place

Idk, I find the best villians have some humanity. It makes them more chilling.

totally agree, none of the traitors considered themselves bad guys, so its only right that their books display them how they see themselves.

Book also does a good job of showing Pert's discomfort with the heresy in general, along with his self doubt over it

>There is just waay too much homolust. Its off the charts. Even considering HH in general.
Really? The Thousand Sons have way less bromance than most other legions. Ahriman barely got along with the other Astartes characters. Which is your favourite legion now, just out of curiosity?

Not him, but I would say it's the writing style, not what happens (although the overall plot is a bit lame). The 3rd person narrator is in teenage homo love with Perturabo, and when you go inside his head, he is completely right about absolutely everything and his only fault is daring to show feelings and trust towards his brother

Now, this is not a bad thing from a superior, objective viewpoint, because that is indeed how an oblivious self-deluded autist would think, but a) it makes for a cloying narrative and b) Perturabo is actually always right and justified according to the narrative, so it makes him a drama-less character.

In short, the book is a blowjob for IW fanboys (fanboys, not just fans) and variously acceptable to gay as fuck for everyone else.

ATS is one of the last books from the 'early' era of the series where everything was still written in epic style with a sense of wonder, mysteries being unfolded in non-objectionable ways, and portrayed a long standing fluff event. The 3rd person narrator is objective about the TS and in fact slightly praises the SW over them, which is a good tone to take, and the people whose heads we go inside (Ahriman, Gaumon, Magnus) are all - to us - deluded in some way that varies from tragic to obscene, despite also possessing positive qualities. This makes them more satsifying to read about that Perturabo in AE.

That Guy Haley novel about Perturabo on the other hand, is better than both as a character piece and does very well in replicating the 'early' HH tone also.

/ramble