Where all the QM's go?

sup fa/tg/uys, its been like 4 years and goddamn this place has really gone to shit, rest in pieces old Veeky Forums, you ancient eldritch horror full of piss.

on second note and so i hopefully dont get banned, where all the good questmakers wander off to? any still hanging around? like languid? Gobble? and REQM to name a few?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13241424
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53907929/#53912058
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Or you know the board for quests we now have

Quests have been relegated to their own ghetto and everybody sensible is happier about it.

Yes Veeky Forums is worse. Thats mostly due to the influx of rollplayers and players brought in by meme garbage like Will Wheaton and the gang.

ive been looking at the archive to see what quests have been running on Veeky Forums and /qst/ fagget and my question was where did the GOOD QM's go not the shit QM's.

different site? some RP forum or somethin?

>fagget
Oh so you were at reddit the whole time huh
Go back

not surprising Veeky Forums became shit, millennial's have reached their teens now and all those hipster fags have to go somewhere i suppose.

Is it a questfag trying to draw out another fight or a anti-questfag false flagging to make questfags look bad? We'll never know.

(you)

--->>/qst/

>millennial's have reached their teens now
Millennials are in their late twenties/mid thirties. Why else would people be asking, "why aren't Millennials buying houses or taking their families to Applebees" and other dumb-ass questions?

It's been a while since millenials reached their teens. Some millenials have already turned 30.

Well I kind of second that! This board do need more Board Game related post's. And also some good old rpg!

Millennials are older than their teens. In fact the majority of them aren't teens any longer. They're too old.

Anyone who makes anything interesting is only here temporarily. Doing lifer shit like caring about board culture, having folders of macros for games you don't play, downloading rules for games you don't play, shitposting, etc. takes away time from doing actual stuff like jobs, friends, families, getting good at a craft, etc.

This millennial is in his mid thirties with a wife and kids, you drooling retard.

What's funny about all of this is that the same things were said the last time quests were removed. I'm 72.36% sure that Anti-Questfags are constantly hating on Quests and in general being sore winners because they're afraid they'll come back again once some change in moderation or janitorial services occurs. It's a lot like the two-party system in that respect.

>tfw when no Karban or Harrock return
>tfw when /qst/ sucks too hard to ever check if either has returned
God, I hated the majority of quests, but there were a few gems

Why does /qst/ suck and how owuld you fix it?

Remove the salty questfags for starters.

It can't be fixed because the issues with it are integral to how Veeky Forums works.

You keep creative people isolated, they leave and don't come back, because being kicked out of a place just because you like badwrongfun kind of pisses you off.

Veeky Forums really did go to shit, and it won't ever recover.

strawpoll.me/13241424

(you)

quest-free Veeky Forums is so much better when the questfags are crying

K

>Kicked out
You mean given their own place with the tools they need to fully realize what they want? Yeah the mods were so evil for doing that.

If /qst/ can't draw people in, I'm going to blame that on so many QMs throwing a goddamn hissy fit over /qst/'s creation. They absolutely refused to use a different url; that's literally the only hurdle they faced. When they were given an actual playing field instead of someone's backyard to play in, most QMs just took their ball and went home. This meant the fledgling board was starting with unexperienced literalwho QMs and that people who had been a part of long-time quests--upset that it had ended out of nowhere--heaped scorn on the board instead of the QMs that bailed.

So fuck them. QMs made /qst/ a stillbirth. It could have been amazing, but faggots decided that dying on the "quests belong on Veeky Forums" hill was worth it. The idea that quests are dying because they have a specialized board is retarded, and the argument only works if you believe that quests are inherently parasitic (which is what antiquestfags were screaming, so, y'know, horseshoe effect I guess). People can and do go to new boards every day; they don't magically land on one board and never ever leave. That's not how Veeky Forums works and that's not how it's supposed to work.

Lastly, one of the main things people disliked about quests was that they were so insular and hard to get in to if you weren't there at the beginning. No one is going to read the previous 83 archived threads to understand why the fuck your One Piece OC has a genderbent Luffy as their navigator, so the idea that you need a constant supply of fresh blood is odd.

All that said, I don't think it's insane to have advertisement threads/posts where new QMs can direct potential players to /qst/, just like how I don't think it's insane to link tg-relevant NSFW threads from /d/, /aco/, /s/, or whatever instead of breaking the rules here.

>you should let people spam
No

>>If /qst/ can't draw people in, I'm going to blame that on so many QMs throwing a goddamn hissy fit over /qst/'s creation
How exactly is the content of the board supposed to get people to join?

That's like saying that /po/ would get more visitors if they were better at papercraft. Face it, newfags (the majority of site users) don't even know what a quest is and probably won't care enough to check.

>You mean given their own place with the tools they need to fully realize what they want?

You mean aside from getting noticed and players? Because those are the two things a QM actually needs. All the bells and whistles of the board mean nothing.

They were literally kicked out because a few - and it was a literal few - people complained so loud and so long (8 years) that a mod decided to make a board because he'd seen a quest once.

Anything else you like to claim is rewritten history, and you know it.

>questfags continue crying
delicious

False. You're the only one spouting revisionist history here. Everyone was sick of quests. Try again.

Yeah, so what you're telling me is that the QM's got to escape this shitty website, and go on to better lives, leaving us on a slowly bleeding-out board, happily eating up every bait thread made by trolls showing up from /b/, /pol/, /k/, and even Veeky Forums now.
I mean, yeah, Veeky Forums looks a little weird without its nose, but I'm sure your face had it coming.

>where did the GOOD QM's go
To the rose-tinted nostalgia zone.

>12 people screaming about quests is everyone

Thank fuck it wasn't just 12 people then.

>12 "people" samefagging in 90 quest threads are anyone

I mean, how often do new quests start? A few times a month at most? We can handle that. Hell, even a few new ones a week is doable.

The issue with quests is that they went on for so fucking long on top of new ones popping up; sending out a link to the relevant board (guardsmanqest to Veeky Forums, flavorofthemonthquest to /a/ or /v/, pedofootquest to /tv/, etc.) when the quest begins, letting people get in on the ground floor, is manageable and minimally disruptive. This lets you draw in people that would be interested in a specific themed quest but not browse /qst/ already but doesn't spam the other board with shit.

>all the good writefags and content creators are gone and things are better now
Veeky Forums even drives off published authors and writers because they hate creativity so much.

Nope, fuck off. You want to advertise go post it on your blog.

Yeah, I remember one QM in particular HATING that /qst/ was going to have poster IDs because it would reveal quests' "enormous" amount of quest players was actually just half-a-dozen samefags.

That's when I just ignored anything QMs said ever.

Exactly. The shitty quest board is empty for two reasons.

1: quests fucking suck and have always fucking sucked
2: the only people who liked quests were half a dozen insane obsessed autism victims who were mostly in it for the attention they were getting from spamming Veeky Forums with 100 threads every day

>You mean aside from getting noticed and players?
Quests never got new players. It was always like ten people circle jerking to Bleach Quest #249.

Thanks for only reading the opening line. Or did you read where I said that the argument about constantly needing new blood is bullshit and, failing to come up with a counterargument, you simply decided to ignore it?

It really was. and one Mod who thought he was the hero of the downtrodden and pathetic, the whining children who hate badwrongfun.

He's still out there, deleting badwrongfun and protecting the /pol/posters and the /shitspam/mers, keeping Veeky Forums a bastion of mediocrity and baitthreads.

>any time I don't get my way it's a conspiracy against me
Or people just hate you every time you open your fucking autistic mouth because you're the type of Randy Stair-esque piece of shit who thinks that everything revolves around you

Proof?

Because both sides love screaming "the other side has less than 20 people supporting it!" but the only evidence I ever saw was a QM popping a hateboner over /qst/'s poster IDs.

>I don't know what the IP counter means or how it works
>93 people are 12 because numbers is hard

The fact that you don't know how quests operate is pretty much all that needed to be said.

Each quest operates with a single niche, tio a small group. Those small groups don't come from nowhere, and don't accidentally find a board dedicated to what they like. Everythign you claim is factually incorrect at a basic level, and it shows. Only the opening line was worth responding to, because the rest of what you said was meaningless noise from a person who doesn't really know anything.

False. I've seen more content creation threads than there ever were with quests around.

You must be 18 to post here

Oh, I don't know, it could have been the fact that only 12 IPs actually came to /qst/ to say they were gld /qst/ the containment board was maid, the Mod showed up exactly three times EVER, and every time anti-quest fags tried to post proof they were right and anyone else was wrong they were debunked? But hey, it's no big deal to me. You guys won, enjoy your victory, baitthreads, generals, and /pol/posters.

It's been proven time and again, and it doesn't matter. So, congrats. I sincerely hope you never suffer from the badwrongfun police deciding to remove something you like.

jesus god fuck what

But you don't have to have a brain, as your posts eloquently prove.

>blatant lies
You mean those threads that die after 30 posts as opposed to 300+? Sure you have.

Hence my argument for "advertising" quests, which I'm guessing you still haven't gotten to. God, with the rate at which you read, I'm guessing you have an OotS comic to be struggling through.

Also, are you really arguing that quests need (or ever got) new players jumping on 200 threads in?

Why are you surprised? This is the Veeky Forums EVERYONE wanted according to the ~smart~ people in this thread.

Fairly often if the readers are to be believed. Hence my comment that you never actually knew what quests were like. Lots of people STILL read quests after they run. But that doesn't matter, since you're all knowing and all wise.

>goddamn this place has really gone to shit, rest in pieces old Veeky Forums, you ancient eldritch horror full of piss.
Pic related

Be nice, fellow millennials, he doesn't know what a "millennial" is.

Quests are inherently symbiotic and were better when they could be run on boards other than Veeky Forums. Cramming them all into Veeky Forums meant flooding the board with quests rooted in other boards' culture, where being cut off from their intended userbase and having to brush shoulders with grognards, they quickly devolved into cancerous shitfests. /qst/ is a nonsolution of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, which was, yes, exacerbated by the QMs themselves, but it would never have been sustainable in the first place without cross-pollination from the interest boards that spawned them in the first place.

On a related note, once I get my shit together and finish a couple art pieces I promised, I plan to run what I expect will be a decent quest.
Everyone hold your breath.
See you then.

Probably Gaia Online or wherever anime fanfiction is discussed. Thank God quests no longer pollute the board.

>Niche community related to larger popular community forms out of love for the hobby.
>Autists REEEEEE so hard that someone is actually making OC and fostering good times within the community.
>Convince mods to exile niche commumity from larger fold. Denying the content creators from the community they were working for as well as a way to recruit new viewers.
>People now use the quest board's slowness as proof that people didn't really like quests anyway.

It's a shame. Every new board has only fractured and killed off parts of a Veeky Forums community each time. People wonder why Veeky Forums is lacking in the same spirit as years past, it's because anyone who actually contributes in any meaningful way keeps getting shunted to their own camps, omly fostering tge circle jerk mentality that people claimed as rhe reason to kick them out in the first place.

THAT? THAT'S where you get that magical 12 from? The number of people that came to gloat?

You might as well argue only about ten-thousand people were against the Berlin Wall because only about ten-thousand were there when it opened.

Hating quests was a board meme.

You shouldnt use words that you dont understand

>related
Bruh the number one complaint was that they weren't related; for every Veeky Forums quest (that died off quickly), there were three Harem/Flavor of the Month/Big Three Quests

Adding fuel to the fire, why does Veeky Forums complain about quests, not being Veeky Forums but doesn't care about CYOA?

I'd support a "quests anywhere" initiative, though I'm on the less extreme side of antiquestfags; I don't doubt that REEEEING would come back full force if we had even a single one on Veeky Forums.

Still, if /qst/ really is dying and it's not just melodrama like I've assumed, I'd go for it. Does hiroshimoot still do those "tell me what to do" threads?

A) There's only one CYOA thread up at a time. While there are a few antiquestfags that piss and moan about anything, the majority mostly had an issue with the sheer number of Veeky Forums-irrelevant quests.
B) CYOA will always include the word "CYOA," making filtering a breeze. There were a number of obstinate QMs that specifically avoided using the word "quest" in their OP *just* to piss off people that tried to filter and ignore them.
C) There are those that hate CYOA and TowerGirls and similar threads. It's not a binary on/off thing; Veeky Forums is anything but a hivemind.

Because almost all CYOAs are about waifus.
Same reason that there are constant threads about magical realm. That's what nu-Veeky Forums wants.

For some people it was a way of life.

You can see them on display in this thread.

They're all in /qa/, which is where the autists who hated quests complained so much for so many years they got what they wanted. Do you have the dedication to shitpost for that long to get what you want?

If /qst/ is really dying, we can probably count on their support.
QuestFags still on Veeky Forums but not on /qst/ because they're still butthurt after all these years will likely also support the initiative.

That's like, four people to shitpost with me! If we're only opposed by 12 spamming faggots (some of which have likely died since then due to heart attacks, terminal crotch rot, and having an aneurysm because they saw something with the word "Quest" in the title on the shelves of their FLGS), I say we've got a fighting chance.

>anti-questfag makes strawpoll to "prove" everyone hates quest threads
>majority of votes are "quests should have stayed on Veeky Forums"
>poll creator suddenly incredulous that anyone would take strawpoll results seriously

>33 unique poster IDs in this thread
>54 strawpoll votes
Uh huh.

it's one thread

All that shows is questfags are still butthurt at higher rates than the general Veeky Forums populace, which we already knew.

>Does hiroshimoot still do those "tell me what to do" threads?

Unfortunately, when Hiro said that every board could have a metathread to discuss board problems, all Veeky Forums wanted to talk about was quest threads. The mod for Veeky Forums who created /qst/ doesn't want anyone talking about /qst/, so he deleted the metathread, then started handing out bans for "spamming" whenever someone tried to remake it.

As someone who likes quest threads and doesn't see a problem with them, why was giving them a whole board a bad thing? It honestly seems like both sides should have been happy enough with this.

You know that strawpoll was created yesterday, right

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53907929/#53912058

4plebs archived version in case the original is mysteriously deleted

I'm not gonna argue that the move to /qst/ was good for questfags in any way, but the fact is they have to suffer the consequences because frontpage questposting was so fucking annoying
>then use the archive pleb!
No; I want to see the whole OP and a few replies before open a thread. Quests were hogging valuable real estate, and the fact that is was something so autistic made them a real eyesore

I don't care either way, but basically there is zero board traffic because 99% of the people in the world don't know what a Quest thread is, and of that tiny fraction of a percent that goes on Veeky Forums most of them STILL don't know what a quest is.
I've heard that it's just so slow because so few people go there because so few people know about it or get it that more threads get deleted by the auto-delete then overposting.

It's a fairly basic train of logic.

You know I hated quests, but I'm looking at threads like this one every day now and failing to see what's better. Maybe we just choked down thorny cocks even before quests and now we don't even have another thing to make suck, so we go back to sucking ourselves.

>As someone who likes quest threads and doesn't see a problem with them, why was giving them a whole board a bad thing? It honestly seems like both sides should have been happy enough with this.

Hypothetically speaking, if you were a Vampire: the Masquerade fan, do you think that threads about VtM would be more engaging on Veeky Forums, or on a special /vamp/ board to which all vampire-related threads from /x/, /tv/, /a/, and /co/ were herded?

Someone could technically make a VtM thread on /vamp/, but the audience on Veeky Forums will be a better fit because more posters on Veeky Forums are into roleplaying games than people on /vamp/. Similarly, quest threads are more fun on Veeky Forums than /qst/ because the users of Veeky Forums are more engaged in roleplaying than users of other boards that happen to stumble onto /qst/.

This is why people have denigrating /qst/ since its creation.

Quest threads are "parasites that need posters to survive", just like every other thread on Veeky Forums needs posters to survive. By creating a mystery board that nobody outside of Veeky Forums even understands, everyone who enjoys quests has seen their enjoyment squashed. It would be better to keep /qst/ for those who want it, but open up quest threads to be allowed on all boards. This way, /a/ could get their visual novel haremshit back and Veeky Forums wouldn't have to put up with an endless tide of "LOLI PANTSU SCAVENGER QUEST VOL. 457 #615".

Veeky Forums has native filter features.

Well, Satan, there are a few perspectives. Either A) making /qst/ it's own board isolates it from the rest of Veeky Forums, severely reducing the number of participants due to the niche nature of quests (supposedly, people don't quest for the sake of questing; most questers only get into it because the quest is about an IP they like); or B) /qst/ being made is bad because in means questfags lost.

In all likelihood, it's a little of column A, little of column B. I think /qst/'s reliance on outsiders is somewhat overstated (plus, you really can't argue that quests should be a part of Veeky Forums if they, by their nature, rely on non-Veeky Forums questers), but it is a real thing. I know there was a diaspora of QMs and personally know a guy IRL that was into quests but never goes on /qst/ because "that means [antiquestfags] won," but obviously not everyone is bothered by this as /qst/ is still active and you yourself aren't bothered by "losing" as they put it.

I think quests either need to stay on /qst/ BUT be able to freely advertise, or they need to be allowed everywhere instead of getting shoved into Veeky Forums only. The former lets /qst/ keep its nifty tools and the latter makes it even easier to get new players, so they both have their ups and downs.

Well Satan, because if I'm not a quest obsessed autist but I still like them every now and then, I'm much more likely to participate if I run across them in the Veeky Forums catalog, where I can also find 5e, MTG, ANR, and 40k threads, then if I have to go to a separate board.

>Veeky Forums has native filter features.
Not when QMs don't wanna use "quest" in their posts

>Veeky Forums has native filter features.
That were purposefully avoided by a number of QMs because neener neener neener.

The idea that the presence of quests would somehow block influx of shitters from /pol/, /r9k/, and /b/ is laughable. It's not like we kicked quest threads out of their house and now it's filled with squatters and rats and whatever; stormniggers gonna stormnig because that's the way the culture of the entire site has shifted, and the presence or absence of quest threads on Veeky Forums doesn't affect it one way or the other in the least.

I still remember Xiombarg's Storyteller having an autistic episode when /qst/ came about and saying "so why should I post in any Veeky Forums threads then, why do you deserve my ideas" which was a shame because she seemed like a nice lady and I really loved her writing. But it indicated a pretty strange way to view a Veeky Forums imageboard.

I think you see the decline you want to, mostly. It was this sort of argument we got

>a number of QMs
[citation required]

Remember, the one QM that you have a screencap of doesn't count as "a number of QMs".

Not the guy you're responding to, but one is a number tho.

Yeah, it's the number of people left on /qst/ after they stopped being able to farm replies by spamming Veeky Forums

>if your thread was any good it wouldn't need posters to survive
This is basically the stock anti-questfag argument.

Little did you know that the entirely of Veeky Forums is now really enjoying No Quests, the board wide quest about a perfect board.

You should get a better keyboard app, phoneposter.

Nice digits, quests are still banned

user-kun. They all went to user-kun.

good QM became DM you fuckface

Speaking of hills to die on, staying on Veeky Forums during the trial phase was the only way most QMs felt they could meaningfully voice their disagreement with the split. It was a way of "voting with your feet".

And if you'd actually participated in a quest that ran more than 50 threads you'd know that on Veeky Forums new players and lurkers WOULD get caught up and join in. People came and went. The only people who wouldn't bother with an archive are people who weren't interested in the premise anyway, same as how anyone who's not interested in 40K isn't going to bone up on the lore to participate in a 40K thread.