sgiz.mobi/s3/dbadf27c707b

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
Aside from "dumb axe brute" memes, how do you RP a half-orc?

Other urls found in this thread:

whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Overly-gentlemanly half-orc trying too hard to seem civilised is a fun one to RP.

Repost from dead thread.

How do I make magic not seem so mundane ? Is it even possible with players seemingly so jaded playing in a high magic system?

For example I recently foreshadowed a powerful druid who was enraging animals under its command to attack helpless tribes people . I had picture the s tribes people had carved on the walls of this druid wielding a staff, which I intended simply as the druids focus, and doing its evil deeds.

Players confronted and defeated the druid and were disappointed that they now didn't have some magical staff of command.

It seems there's a disconnect with player expectation here and I'm.not sure how to resolve it.

Since half-orcs are, at least on average, both smarter and weaker than a full orc, a half-orc raised in an orc tribe would probably be placed into a role more focused on leadership or knowledge. So clever half-orc tacticians, learned half-orc lorekeepers, etc.

>Aside from "dumb axe brute" memes, how do you RP a half-orc?
As player or DM?

As GM they either fall into the Indian "maximum distancing from racial stereotypes" or the 3-4th generation immigrant "maximum orc niggering".

my half-orc was not stupid, but not bright. He's smart enough to be able to become a cleric, but dumb enough to not realize that he's part of a cult and his brand of faith does not 100% line up with that of his god.

That sounds awesome, got anything you could storytime for us? Please?

I feel like the orcs would look down on a half breed trying to lead the tribe, and so tactician and lore keeper makes sense but I don't know if they'd ever go to full on tribe leader or chieftain or anything like that.

I'd look at the half-orc and half-elf situation to be very similar to that of a half Japanese person in Japan. You are tolerated, and you can make a path for yourself, but do not overstep.

It's this funny concept called having a Wis and Int higher than 8 and if you don't that doesn't mean your character is a retard.

Are the resources for the roll20 CoS module coming to the megatrove?

a huge party number AND a party mainly comprised of 1 class?

I'm glad you and your group are quarantined, this sounds like hellish combination of a party comprised of That Guys + That DM

I'm sorry noone found your greentext interesting, no call to get pissy though.

Nobe savage

In a human village or city you would be correct, but in settings like Forgotten Realms Half-Orcs are an eugenic program to breed super-orcs to lead the orc tribes thanks to the superior intellect coming from the human parent.

>Players confronted and defeated the druid and were disappointed that they now didn't have some magical staff of command.
Do they not understand what a Druid is?

>implying I greentexted anything
>implying your campaign isn't hell on earth

that nonsense would be fine as a one shot? as a full campaign, you should have shut it down from jump and you should have split that mess into two separate groups

It's an ArrPeeGee so like everything else, a loot pinata wrapped in words.

Pro-eugenics Half-Orc might be a cool concept

Humans are weak
Orcs are dumb
Mixing both gives you the true master race

Half-Orcs would think they are better than other races

I wanted to ask my DM something but my understanding is that half plate is pretty much the upper half of a full plate suit.

I have a fighter with 14 Dex wearing chainmail so both scale mail and half plate would bump my AC to 17. My plan is to eventually get full plate but I don't have enough gold at the moment. So, I thought I could buy half plate now for 750 and in a couple months, pay the difference between half and full (another 750) to make it full plate armour. It would save me the ~300GP on scale mail if I could upgrade half plate into full plate.

Does that seem reasonable from a DM point of view?

This is fly as fuck concept that is now part of my homebrew

The druidic orcs in Eberron thought the humans that arrived in their land were part of the same race, and the birth of half orcs proved it to them. Half orcs are often the leaders and ambassadors for orcs, being viewed as the bridge between the two sides.

Isn't that the Hobgoblins shtick?

That they are the master goblinoids.

Stronger than goblins, Smarter than bugbears, with a intense Eugenic program going on all three races as well as their their wargs.

Alright, so I've played an Arcana cleric, an arcane trickster, and an open hand monk. They were all super fun.

What should my next character be? I kinda want to branch out again.

Half-Orc is actually Orc and Tiefling and gets some infernal traits, is a warlock with fiend patron, and is a pact of the tome faggot who spams eldritch blast and specializes in intelligence (gets permission from DM to cast his warlock spells using INT instead of CHA).

He's a total jerk but it actually pretty smart and doesn't like violence. Hates everyone except for his party. Ends up in a tragic tale of edge that ends with him dying and sacrificing himself for his comrades as his soul is doomed to hell.

A barbarian would be fairly different from all 3 of those.

Boisterous Barbarian Braggart

seems like you need to go full on DPS, but you definitely enjoy the magic flavoring

Eldritch Knight or Bladelock

Barbarogue

Samurai fighter, you know you want to, you fucking weeb.

>Bladelock
But isn't that a badwrongfun path for dumb-dumbs?

Maybe something good?

Barbarian or Fighter (not EK though, too similar to AT Rogue)

>Bladelock
Don't do this

Is Bladelock fun? I always here it's really frustrating online.

It's awful.

>something good?

>Implying cleris aren't good
>Implying arcane trickster isn't the best rogue archetype

It's not fun, you sort of end up doing nothing in fights and sacrifice a lot to even get that far so you're mediocre at everything else anyway

plz stop
my soul hurts

This is exactly how I've been RP'ing my Half-Orc Barbarian in my current game.

>I wanted to ask my DM something but my understanding is that half plate is pretty much the upper half of a full plate suit.
It's not

Lots of barb and fighter votes. I'll review those two and think about fun concepts!
Any dangerous mechanical pitfalls I should know about?

Evidently not..

They're about to find the druids wife and children and some.more explanation as to his actions which they could have found out talking to.him rather than killing him. Perhaps that will jog them a bit.

only if you're minmaxing like a lunatic. You won't do as much damage as a Eldritch Blasting Warlock or have as many attacks as the Fighter late game either, but your output is still respectable.

depends on what you want to do with the class and why you're choosing it. As stated above, it can't always keep up with the other options, but you need to keep in mind that the munchkins running the math on this forget that the table is not a white room, so you'll actually not be as hindered late game as they like to think.

It's fine

to you and the first two people I responded to, I actually think that Warlock is almost intentionally designed to be used as a multiclass.

>Any dangerous mechanical pitfalls I should know about?
Both classes are great at what they do, the only "pitfall" might be champion, it's not bad, but anons will say it's the most boring archetype in 5e

I seem to play with a lot of people who think Action Surge is a long rest ability instead of a short rest ability. Remember it's a short rest ability.

The Frenzy on the Berserker Barbarian is a trap.

My half-orc cleric of Ilmater will loudly pray to his god for patience whenever someone does something stupid.

Isn't everything a fighter uses short rest except rerolling saves?

I once had a super easy character idea, a half-orc who was so dumb he could not remember his backstory.

I shoudl have kept Veeky Forums's "it's either a hit or a shit" mentality in mind before i let them dissuade me.

All the more reason why it baffles me that every fighter player I've DMed for never remembers Action Surge is a short rest ability.

Multiclass out of Barbarian after level 5 if you want to have out-of-combat utility.

As others point out those classes are short on out of combat utility. It's not really a problem but it is something you should be aware of.

>bladelocks no longer get pact weapons
>bladelocks instead get pact icons
>a pact icon can be any non-sentient or artifact-level object, item, weapon, armor, etc
>bladelock can have as many pact icons as he has for his charisma modifier (+5 means you can have up to 5 pact icons)
>bladelock pact icons can freely take the shape of any weapon as per normal, but only weapons. you'd have to do the ritual to get a different object.
>bladelock can summon his pact icons as a reaction on other turns, or as a free action equivalent to "drawing your weapon" on his turn
>bladelock automatically gets an extra attack at level 5 with the original invocation reworked
>Thirsting Blade invocation now gives you a stacking amount of temp HP equal to your CHA modifier per hit, but it only lasts until the next round and immediately ends if you cannot extend it by injuring the target with your weapon
>bladelock automatically gets proficiency with all martial weapons and all armor. Also can use pact icons as a spellcasting focus.

wow whowuddathunkit bladelock is fixed.

>>bladelock automatically gets proficiency with all martial weapons and all armor.
At least make it Proficency with all pacted items.

Isn't 5e out of combat the purview of casters anyway? That's not a huge deal.
I can bully someone into being a wizard, I'm sure.

Anyone ever take the Resistance cantrip? Is there some way to make it useful other than spamming the fuck out of it like a munchkin? Why the fuck isn't it a reaction?

>Isn't 5e out of combat the purview of casters anyway?

Maybe if you don't take into account the content of a player's RP when they roll skill checks.

Oh, certainly. I can ham it up with the best of them. It's why I'm not super worried about it.
I'm thinking some kind of swordmaster, get maneuvers, action Surge, and go to town.
Gotta decide if I want minor nobility or mercenary shit for a backstory.

I'm playing Lore wizard, what is the best saving throw to give your targets?

By "Best" I mean which is best for me as a caster to impose on an enemy.

Dex if it's Hold Person or Hold Monster.

Int or Cha are generally low unless you're fighting fiends or celestials.

I took it, but I never use it because Bless is a much better use of concentration

No.

As many may know I am maintaining the other 5e trove (WOTCTrove) on the requests thread.

Just wondering if anyone has picked up the new 5e Character Sheet pack and scanned it yet? Or has anyone got the AL season 5/6 epics?

Sort of sounds like it is.

Half plate is full plate minus the armored lower body, opting for greaves instead.

Typically half plate is designed to be half plate and not full so it's not really like you can mix and match. Depending on the setting you might be able to have some smithy in a large town forge compatible lower body armor but keep in mind that it might be more than the difference, as it's not just materials but it has to be retrofitted to the half plate.

Or you can just sell your half plate and buy full plate and take this out of the equation.

>try to decide what I want to play
>can only imagine a sword n board fighter

is roll20 actually any good?

> session 0 onn saturday
> probably have to play something with cure / healing word / healer feat again because no one else would.

Good thing Cleric can be build in so many way

It's good at what it does, for playing online games

Fuck the group, play what you want. It's not like healing spells are a necessary thing

> not playing Barbarian with ritual caster feat

My group has played all of Out of the Abyss with no healer.

So why not play that? Why force yourself to play something other than what you want to play?

> 5e
> free action
Please stop homebrewing shit if you had 0 system mastery.

let me help you out: whothefuckismydndcharacter.com/
>determined Gnome Warlock from a large family who names every piece of their gear

That could be fun as an alternative concept, definitely!

I don't want to play that it's so boring.

>OVEREMOTIONAL DWARF DRUID FROM A SMALL FAMILY BAKERY WHO LOVED, LOST AND NEVER LOVED AGAIN

>PARANOID HALFLING RANGER FROM A COMMUNE WHO WAS EXPELLED FROM THE ROYAL GUARDS
I kinda like that

spilling your favorite beer is traumatizing

One of my favorites was elf wizard who doesn't believe in magic.

>equivalent to "drawing your weapon" on his turn
Please stop responding if you can't pull your own head out of your ass long enough to flush the shit out of your eyeballs to read the rest of a sentence.

Play a mystic instead.

Only /pfg/ use the term free action. Get back to your containment cell you diaper furry.

> Frenzy is a trap
Explain. Exhaustion doesn't stack up that fast, does it? There's a berserker barbarian in my game and I've never seen him go past two levels of exhaustion even though he frenzies all the time.

>assertive Tiefling Warlock from a slave market who was badly burnt by a sorcerer

that must have been one hell of a scorching ray.

exhaustion disappears at a rate one 1 level per long rest. If you frenzy more than once a day you're screwed.

You can only clear a single level of exhaustion with a long rest or a casting of Greater Restoration.

It's really rough to get to 2 levels or more.

4e had free actions you neanderthal.

that's not really helping your case their, champ

wheir?

>mfw we spent last four sessions largely on talking and exposition
We also had combat, but with really weak monsters, who had no chance at even scratching us. I'm so tired of this.

>roll up a barbarian expecting a decent amount of combat in the game
>dumped charisma
>intent on being party damage sponge, go bear totem
>everyone else rolled a magic-using martial or full on spellcaster
>game has practically no combat
>coincidentally, my character is the least useful in almost every situation
>my character is the one driving the story forward though, because im not afraid of roleplaying and speaking in-character for more than 3 seconds

Can I just get the chance to hit something once in a while, fuck.

Are you me?

wanna try that again there, pal?

Not quite, I play cleric, but I am also the party leader.

Talk to your DM?
Why come to 5e to bitch, this is always the answer. Your DM is probably worried about wiping the whole party in combat or doesn't realize what you want to play.

Talk to your DM.

I thinks he's having a stab at the lad that can't keep his homonyms separate.

I know how you feel. we also ignored a blatant side-plot/dungeon because the cult really didn't seem all that bad. So I guess it's on my party too.

Play a sword and board ranger.

What do you even do all session?

5E is hilariously light on non-combat rules. Just talk to eachother I guess ?