Magic Story: Poor Snek Edition

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/hour-glory-2017-06-21
Press F for Snake God.

So the Snake God got recked and there is a card with the cat god dead or dying. Are all the gods going to die?

F

My nigga Rhonas didn't deserve this

He was the best one and now he is gone. I hope bontu has a good end too.

There's a whole cycle of cards depicting what each of the five Amonkhet gods is doing during the hours before Bolas and co. fuck their shit up (Oketra's Last Mercy and Bontu's Last Reckoning are the ones we've seen)

>Every plane gets shit on by planeswalkers
R-rhonas ;_;

>make an Egypt plane
>destroy it immediately

I wonder what they were thinking.

i don't think the plane is going to just cease to exist after HoD, i think some survivors will make it through the ordeal and begin rebuilding their civilization after bolas and his undead army pack their shit and leave

The world is a death world, the leylines have been completely fucked by Bolas. The Hekma and the gods were the only thing preventing the human population from being eaten by giant sandworms and abominations, and both are gone.

Allahu ackbar?

It was clear from the start it would be destroyed.

dumbass detected

This fatguy is not paying attention to the flavor text of the spoilers or general business sense. WOTC does not do one-shot worlds anymore.

people managed to survive on Grixis for quite a while, i'm sure some will make it through

Razaketh died with suprising ease, though without her little Gatewatch she would have lost.

i'm sure eventually lilly's arc will involve her betraying the watch not to have the veil consume her soul only for bolas to dick her in the end through some convoluted shenanigans
she will then redeem herself, probably dying in the process

Story wasn't that bad. legitimately enjoyed it, the small character buildup they had for Rhonas felt nice along with killing off people.

shit's metal, yo; and I dig it

Well, as of HOU, every pre-Scars walker has shown up again in the last four years. Who deserves to get another appearance?

are we not counting duel deck walkers?

Nissa's should be updated

but aside from that

Koth, Karn, Garruk, Sorin
I also wanted a either a Jackal/Aven/Naga/Minotaur walker from this set
instead I get the KANGS walker
most unfortunate

TIBALT

This. Here's to hoping he becomes the Pirate King on NotLatinAmerica

>Sorin
Literally two blocks ago.

Planeswalker Decks aren't duel decks, they're shitty precon starter packs.
Looks like the list is most recent actual cards, so the wastes of cardboard that are planeswalker deck cards don't count.

Okay, just so I'm following here, as a recap Bolas broke a plane, set up some overly complex plan spanning decades, for a bunch of purple zombies? The fuck is so special that he put as much effort into the plan as he did restoring his powers with Alara? And also why'd he have to break the plane where everyone spent 3 hours a day polishing their Nicky B Bad Dragons?

That's the problem: we have no fucking clue.
Either there's something else going on and the shiny zombies are the side order to whatever he's REALLY doing, or Creative fucked up bigtime.
Sixty years ago he had no way of transporting these zombies and no way of knowing there'd be a way to do so at this point in time.
If it's just the zombies he has no reason to stop things, he can keep the zombie engine on repeat for eternity.
And then there's the simple fact that, if it IS just the zombies, he wasted a day or so of his quickly fading power to set all this up just for disposable minions that he now can't make more of because he's wrecking the factory.
And yeah, this is an entire plane dedicated solely to worshipping a vain narcissist in love with his own ego as though he were their creator. All he had to do was, instead of the Hours, set it up so that he'd show up, tell them all 'good job, keep going, back in another hundred' and give some minor boon or another.
Or skip the hours and his return entirely and just pick up his damn zombies without anyone being the wiser.

Because they didn't really think this through.

>It's time...
>For?
>Hot scorpion dick.

>a snek is fine too

This seems like it's missing quite a few walkers.

>i think bolas is trying to fuck the multiverse to the point of new rifts apearing so he can do his own version of a mending
This makes a horrifying amount of sense, especially because it's WotC we're talking about.
Get Alara to want to murder each other, eat the Conflux when it crashes together, get power AND cause a giant planar disaster. Send a pawn to get the Eldrazi released, they start fucking up a plane what shouldn't be fucked up, and oh hey the very chucklefucks he talked into getting them out also removed an important part of the planar ecosystem.
Send Tezz to check on New Phyrexia because New Phyrexia is going to inevitably invade someplace and cause a planar disaster. Tezz is expendable. And then Sarkhan accidentally helps the Planar Wrecking Plan by fucking time sideways with a dragon dildo the size of a mountain
Then they're gonna reveal that the reason Xenagos went back to Theros was because of Bolas. Theros getting fucked was therefore Bolas's fault.
Innistrad is...not as planned but only helps him further. Well, Emrakul sealing herself away doesn't, the plane getting wrecked does. Emrakul will be the thing he didn't account for.
Kaladesh also seems to have gone awry what with only getting the small portal via Tezz and not wrecking the joint, but that's what you get when you put Tezz in charge of your side project. Portal will be handy for wrecking other planes so not a total loss
And now he's murderfucking Amonkhet after making a zombie army, just to up the Planar Disaster Count.
I'm scared that this might be true, now

Normally I think the magic writers are pretty shit, but the most recent ones have been really good. I'm glad to see Nicy the Big B wrecking shit and the gatewatch losing. Only gripe I have is how they introduced the demon in such a cool way, only for him to doe so fast and to the power of friendship.

don't forget, acording to Ugin killing the two eldrazi titans will have unforseen consequences

You stop that

And Lily breaking her pact, a pact arranged by bolas, is bound to fuck shit up on a cosmic level

The best/worst part about it is?
It gives him a perfect reason to not kill the Gatewatch, only fuck them up a bit.
They've been helping his plans more than hurting them.
He just needs to make sure they know who's in charge first.

The power of friendship is a funny way of saying they ganged up on and curbstomped him.

leaving one of the coolest PW in the game trapped in rock by a dumb bitch isn't really acceptable

he needs to come back asap

it kind of fits bolas motivation, he isn't evil for evil sake he just wants to be a god again, he saw how Jeska rewrote the laws of the multiverse during the mending so he might as well do the same and retcon himself into actual godhood

chandere fuck off

Except people and creatures have learned to live in the desert after the Hours have come and gone.

The gods have become one with the world again.

The world will heal.

Too bad it won't really heal, because then it will lose all identity as an Egyptian plane.

I am literally in the middle of making this exact compilation. Props, bro.

Here's an extra,

Sure, society is fucked, but people can rebuild anywhere now.

The survivors will be hardened by the whole ordeal, while telling their children of the Trespasser and how he almost destroyed the world.

In a couple of years, we'll have a plane full of monster hunters who want to kill Bolas. If he ever tries to retreat, he'll be slaughtered.

Yeah, noticed that one immediately after I posted. Seems like Nissa has gone blue primarily because she's a Blue Lantern now.

Also the art/flavor on this version of Manaramp is good.

With the fact that Jace is a cast away in the next set, my money is on Nissa being stuck here to help the people rebuild with Sumat after Bolas and his Army leave the plain.

Somewhat speculative, but what if she uses leyline magic to gather the remnants of the dead gods and fuse them into a single god-voltron that cleanses the world of Bolas' filth after he has left to conquer the multiverse?

Not to mention she has to stay around to bury Gideon's body.

I think this is one of the possible end games. I think he has a unseen opponent other than the gatewatch something that they may have mentioned long ago but weve forgotten.

Like who?

>Gatewatch
>actually counting as opponents to Nicol Bolas
Thus far they're not even an inconvenience or a speed bump.

>After bolas and his army leave
You do realize that the gatewatch destroyed the only way of getting the army off the plane right?. The eternals are going NOWHERE

Tezzeret shoved it in his arm before he left.

> This Gods are more powerful thanks to Bolas, and will destroy the other five.
>Bolas reach the plane and destroy the Gatewatch.
>As a last attempt Nissa tries to change the Leylines of the Bolas Gods like she did with Kefnet.
>They are redeemed, but are still Bolas constructs that probably can't die.
>Because they were "created" by a Full Power Bolas they can defy Him in his present state.
>The Locust God Eat the spells the Dragon use.
>The Scarab God create an army to contrast Him and His army.
>The Scorpion God beat the shit out of Him Hulk-Loki mode.
>Bolas decide to go away with what he has earned from the plane and Amonkhet is saved for a future Set

> These Gods are more powerful thanks to Bolas, and will destroy the other five.
>Bolas reach the plane and destroy the Gatewatch.
>As a last attempt Nissa tries to change the Leylines of the Bolas Gods like she did with Kefnet.
>They are redeemed, but are still Bolas constructs that probably can't die.
>Because they were "created" by a Full Power Bolas they can defy Him in his present state.
>The Locust God Eat the spells the Dragon use.
>The Scarab God create an army to contrast Him and His army.
>The Scorpion God beat the shit out of Him Hulk-Loki mode.
>Bolas decide to go away with what he has earned from the plane and Amonkhet is saved for a future Set

Did he actually get away with it?

The real question now is where Bolas is going to take this army of 4/4's, and how conquering that plane is going to get his power back

Never bothered to read the story before today, and now I only have one question: Why does official MtG lore read like really shitty anime fanfiction?

MUH BOI DOMRI RADE

Because that's more or less what it is?

"no"

NO! NO STEP ON SNEK!

Hahahahahaha, you sweet summer child.

Repeat after me:

"Wizards of the Coast hates its' settings"

Reminder

In life, he was a 5/5 God with Deathtouch and Indestructible. In death, he's a 5/4 Snek. Way to stick it to all of the Nagas in the set, Rhonas. You really were Top Snek all along.

F.

I like this return to pre-Neowalker MtG, where Planeswalkers were basically just natural disasters who drag entire Planes into their petty quibbles to the continued misfortune of literally everyone who interacts with them.

It's great.

Remember Urza? I remember Urza.

He was a hero, remember that? Remember all the good, kind things Urza did?

>I like this return to pre-Neowalker MtG, where Planeswalkers were basically just natural disasters who drag entire Planes into their petty quibbles to the continued misfortune of literally everyone who interacts with them.
SOI/EMN did it, too.

This card is going to be so annoying in 2-land stompy decks.