>A magic ring that lets you see veins with greater ease

>>A magic ring that lets you see veins with greater ease

Goddamn I wish every fucking phlebotomist had one of those!

Last time I donated blood they must have given the job to the work experience girl. 5 stabs it took.

This ring would have improved everyone's day.

They call it the ring of thrombosis

>it helps you spot humanoid undead that are trying to blend in, since their veins are either empty or black
>attacking people is easier when you have obvious targets
>healing is easier to find the more profusely bleeding veins
>you can spot homunculi and constructs that don't have veins

Great for assassins who want to nick something that'll cause a mark to bleed out quickly. Equally great for non magic practicing medics so they can know who might be a waste of time trying to patch up on a battlefield.

I keep it for whenever I need blood drawn or something.
Last time I went to the hospital a nurse stung me a dozen times in arm, decided to go to the other, a dozen more times, called a colleague, colleague found a vein but not enough blood came out, so they stung some more until they found a good one.
Considering I got slapped and heard "Hey, hey, sir, sir, stay awake", I think I started losing it at some point.

I'll become the best nurse at inserting an IV.

No one's said drugs yet?

Gonna say drugs.

When I went in for surgery, they HAD a device like that, could see the vein clearly through my near-translucent skin, and it still took them three tries. two on my right arm, and the final one on the back of my left hand.

If the creature is magically concealed, will you still see its veins? Will you see veins of carcass? Or those that were completely extracted from one?

But what about arteries?

Honestly, magic items that enhance your ability to be a better medical professional would be in very high demand. In a world with magic, it'd be a billion dollar industry. Surgical tools that sterilize themselves, clamps that stop bleeding magically, huge tankers full of healing potions bound for IV's. Magomedicine would be huge.

Assassins, rogues and other "dirty fighters" will have an easier time locating major arteries on a creature that moves a lot and/or has a lot of fur.

Honestly, it could help any kind of warrior. Targeting vital areas is just plain useful.

Maybe it was created by a vampire wizard for an embarrassingly incompetent neonate.

Speaking as an EMT that shit's getting pierced where the sun don't shine and I'm never getting rid of it.

>A magic ring that lets you see gains with greater ease

DELET THIS

>A magic ring that lets you see Banes with greater ease

if you take it off, will you die?

It would'nt be extremely Baneful

my necromancer character would love it, since it would really help with understanding anatomy

he would probably use it to help treat blood-borne ailments

U

Gotta figure the best places to stick those leaches.

Best used for a philbotomist

Sell it to the dwarves for a fortune, but make sure they never get to try it on before they pay just in case it doesn't work as well as I think it might.

"Huh? Ore veins? I said OUR veins. People's."