EDH/Commander General

Underrated tech-choices edition

Previous Thread

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/4F4Gz

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question(s):
You have been selected by Sheldon to make THREE(3) changes to the banlist. Each change meaning you can ban or unban something. 1 card per change. What do you change?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-06-17-breya-edh/
discord.gg/4F4Gz
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Unban Karakas
Unban Balance
Ban Island

Ban Mana Vault
Ban Mana Crypt
Unban Prophet of Kruphix

Ban Laboratory Maniac
Ban Doomsday
Ban Ad Nauseam

Ban Sol Ring
Ban Mana Crypt
Ban Cyclonic Rift

It's really obvious.

Ban Forests
Ban Islands
Ban Swamps

Ban Iona
Ban grindstone
Unban Painter's servent.

seconding this

>You have been selected by Sheldon to make THREE(3) changes to the banlist. Each change meaning you can ban or unban something. 1 card per change. What do you change?
Ban: Sol Ring
Ban: Mana Crypt
Unban: Biorhythm

What deck convinced you to pull the trigger on buying cards you really should have bought earlier?

My brother decided to finally buy a Wheel of Fate in anticipation of The Locust God.

>Ban a 9 mana card
>Ban a discard card in a 100 card format

u fockin wot

>Ban Cyclonic Rift
complete srubtown

the combo is painte's serv + grindstone
they were retarded and banned the wrong half of the combo
I agree with this whole heartedly but only had 3 slots so i didnt go that route

Painters Servant + Grindstone mills someone totally. Painters Servant + Iona keeps people from casting entirely. He wants to play Painters Servant but realizes that it's dumb with those cards.

Ban
Warp World
Great Aurora

Unban
>pic related

Ban Foodchain
Ban Labman
Ban Mana Vault

Panter's servant and grindstone = mill an entire deck.
Iona and painter's Servent = lock everyone but you out of the game.
Painter's servent has a weird effect that's fun to play with. Grindstone is useless outside of the combo and Iona is the "unfun" they claim to be banning that punishes decks for playing monocolor, when they already get punished for being monocolor.

>Labman
tfw its 70% of cEDH decks main wincons
>Foodchain
ftw its damn near the other 30%
yeah... that is something that needs to be considered

Yeah, takes out most of the combo quick kills with those two. Karador and Ghave can still manage to go off, as can Selvala. Yidris, Breya, and Jeleva storm can use Aetherflux/Tendrils instead of Lab Man, stax decks like Derevi and GAAIV would be okay, Yisan, Tasigur, Gitrog, Edric, Sidisi...

The real problem is that it hardly hurts Teferi at all. He should be the third ban, not Mana Vault. Or the Chain Veil.

UNBAN everything. Come at me.

i'm ok with this

>He should be the third ban
no just ban crypt
teferi is completely fine

>Blue: The Artifacting

They're never, ever banning the face commander of a precon, and Chain Veil isn't an issue outside of that deck.

But this is happy funtime land where I can pretend they might.

its not even an issue in the deck its just a standard win condition

Counterargument: Ban everything.

Ban Cyclonic Rift
Ban Derevi
Unban Recurring Nightmare

>how to tell the whole world how dumb you are in one post

t. blue player

Unban everything.
Bring back banned as commander.
Add Leovold to banned as commander.

#EndCurveShaming
#LoveYourCurves

Hourglass is still best

:3

Maelstrom Wanderer?

Jor Kadeen?

Kalemne

Bullseye with Maelstrom

R8

Yeah, a bit too little artifacts for that. Kalemne was my second guess though.

Mayael

>No white cards
Try again

So that's Emrakul the Promised End at the far right. Maybe Radha?

>That isn't white

Shit, then Atarka World Render. High CMC makes me guess dragons

Close, but no cigar. Hint; it's stompier than what you suggested

r9

Xenagod?

it's xenagos

Correct!

Stonebrow tramplin tribal.

Anyone wanna help me with my Breya list? I want to avoid fast combo for the sake of my playgroup and I'm looking to play midrange control. Recently added Winter Orb and Tangle Wire because I didn't have a good enough answer to UGx ramp decks.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-06-17-breya-edh/

>really want to build around locust god
>noone at my lgs plays EDH
>buy snapcasters and a playset polluted deltas instead

Fucking suffering.

Shouldn't Vintage and Legacy be switched? People actually play Legacy.

>Fate
>not Fortune

That is the one that I meant, I just had a momentary stupid.

invalid discord invite

>discord.gg/4F4Gz
>4F4Gz
>for fags

That's not the point.

I feel like they already were switched. I'm pretty sure I've seen versions that were reversed.

Just put in the password you silly. It's right there in the OP.

I thought the point was satarizing the various formats through the eyes of Spikes drawn by an obvious "Spirit of EDH" lover (who, themselves, want to actively keep Spikes out of 'their format')

Have I been completely wrong this whole time? What IS the point then?

>not sleeving all of your cards identically
>not palming your Mana Crypt to the top of every deck

The point is it's a joke.

at the time, i considered vintage to be the apex of spikism. the fact that no one plays it didn't really matter to me, it just seemed like the format for the sweatiest and most committed MTG players

>Warp World
>Great Aurora
someone's salty

Give this man Sheldon's job. Right. Now.

>Not having a deck entirely made of mana crypts
>Not lighting cigars with black lotuses
>Not making capes out of moxen

I top all of my meals with shredded copies of The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale. It really brings out the flavor.

user please, they only extend games. I have a local player who has deck that uses warp world as a boardwipe over and over again.

That's a problem with the player, not the card.

Have you tried caviar served on copies of Mishra's Workshop?

>In my LGS everyone is either autist or cancer tier
>Try to adapt to have a chance
>Done with it for a while
>Go to another LGS
>Fucking stomp the floor with everyone.

It metastasied onto me

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

It will be in the next OP.

Didn't have a chance to play it yet

>I just like to play for the experience
>w-winning isn't everything guys
>I actually like tapping and untapping my wide ass field
>not having decks at different power levels
I got a sedris that t3 kills 80% of the time if no one has a quick counterspell, with all of the big baller manarocks. I also have a Dragonlord Silumgar deck that only wins via the easily stoppable Drake Blink Infinite Mana, stealing all your shit or resolving a beefy ass Living Death (with shit ass mana rocks). If you don't have a deck for Tippity Top Tier, 75% and Battlecruiser Metas, you're doing EDH wrong.

No, I haven't found a good supplier. My favorite indulgence, of course, is a massage with a paste of original dual lands.

>Moop the floor for like 2 months at new LGS no matter what current deck I'd bring out
>'i guess i'll build something janky and/or on theme'
>do it
>user you're still the archenemy, the fact that you play do nothing cards now doesn't matter, you'll probably still win through bullshit if we don't maul your boardstate and lp repeatedly

story of my life for last 6 months

Hm, Grixis colors. 9 mana red is Blasphemous Act, doesn't tell us much, 8 mana black could be an Avatar of Woe, could be Army of the Damned, maybe even Myojin of Night's Reach? I'm thinking either Nicol Bolas or Sedris.

Take a guess

Forgot pic

Hanna?

Blue White and a Blightsteel? That's Hanna.

Ban geaes cradle
ban capsize
ban sol ring from green and blue decks only

Correct on both counts. Doesn't help that I posted my decklist and asked for advice not too long ago.

>proxying thran dynamo and other 7$ cards that go into several decks to save money
sorry I don't have money to piss into the wind on this wacky format for a children's card game

Skip a meal poorfag, I don't have time to sit around while your broke ass swaps cards.

you dont need 7 dollar rocks in edh

my group saves so much money collectively by not getting into that manabase arms race

The point is that you don't need those rocks because the format isn't and shouldn't be taken seriously, you fucking goon.

Any spicy cards I should pick up for Rafiq of the Many before game day?

>legacy is dead
>so dead the author neglected to include it in the original

cathedral of war

Steel of the Godhead and Retether.

This shit here, I have 4 decks all of differing power and all are fun as hell to play. I only have 5 duplicate cards ignoring lands so it also makes it so each deck is unique and fun while also having a measured powerlevel.

>playing thran dynamo and caged sun means I take this format seriously

what did he mean by this?

So if you don't take it seriously then why do you care to have a Dynamo in every deck?

>Caged Sun
We're talking about good rocks, user.

>playing ramp and EDH staples that add consistency to your deck is demonstrative of not taking it seriously

He meant you are being a tryhard, but a lazy tryhard.

because I play mono colored decks that aren't green?